Change we can Believe in.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Since there's not a politics section, I figured I'd drop this in here.

If a mod can embed this properly, I'd be very grateful.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

BARACK OBAMA: …When you rush these budgets that are a foot high and nobody has any idea what’s in them and nobody has read them.

RANDI RHODES: 14 pounds it was!

BARACK OBAMA: Yeah. And it gets rushed through without any clear deliberation or debate then these kinds of things happen. And I think that this is in some ways what happened to the Patriot Act. I mean you remember that there was no real debate about that. It was so quick after 9/11 that it was introduced that people felt very intimidated by the administration.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

PolitiFact | Allow five days of public comment before signing bills - Obama promise No. 234:

I tried to find a list of laws he has signed, to try and find ONE that he has posted and waited five days to sign, but no luck. There is no list of bills signed into law. So much for transparency.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Thanks for the assist. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

First:

Boehner: CBO Confirms Dems' Health-Care Plan Is a Raw Deal

Then:

PRESIDENT OBAMA had a little talk last week with the man who shot health care reform.

And whadayaknow:

CBO boosts Obama's health care plan

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Accountable;1222841 wrote: Thanks for the assist. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

No - I just picked up the embed string and replaced yours.

Your last three looked to be embed codes but the format was odd - where did you pick the codes up from?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Bryn Mawr;1222878 wrote: No - I just picked up the embed string and replaced yours.

Your last three looked to be embed codes but the format was odd - where did you pick the codes up from?
Straight from the link. Clicked copy then pasted here. :-2
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Back in April, President Obama gave his cabinet (the storefront one, not his czars) a deadline of 90 days to find $100 billion - oops I'm sorry, that's million - to cut from the budget. Well they busted the deadline (you know how hard it is to trim fat when everything's soooo efficient) but they came up with a list that will save $102 million in fiscal year 2009 (Oct 1 '09 - 30 Sep '10).

That's a whopping 0.006% of the overall budget! :yh_clap

Of course, Congress is busy finding ways to spend this new windfall, but nevermind about that.

Here's the list. Maybe you can find ideas you can use to trim your own budget, such as buying your vehicles the preferred color instead of repainting them upon delivery. That one really resonates with me. ;)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

"The biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that's what I intend to reverse when I'm president of the United States." -- Sen. Barack Obama, March 31, 2008
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Rep Frank R. Wolf of Virginia, a republican, introduced H.Res 636, that would require the release of information of Gitmo prisoners.

The democrats unanimously defeated the resolution in a straight party line vote.

LexisNexis News - Latest News from over 4,000 sources, including newspapers, tv transcripts, wire services, magazines, journals.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

YouTube - SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance

But I thought we could keep our coverage if we wanted to.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SOURCE

The Compleat List of Czars

By Nancy Matthis | Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 6:05 am

Bypassing the authority of Congress, Barack Obama rules through czars — the beginnings of dictatorship:

Herbert Allison Jr., bailout czar, [replaced Bush bailout czar Neel Kashkari, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability confirmed by Senate]

Alan Bersin, border czar

Dennis Blair, intelligence czar [Director of National Intelligence, a Senate confirmed position]

John Brennan, counterterrorism czar

Carol Browner, energy czar

Adolfo Carrion, urban affairs czar

Ashton Carter, weapons czar [actually Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics and so subject to Senate confirmation]

Aneesh Chopra, technology czar

Jeffrey Crowley, [openly gay white man] AIDS czar

Cameron Davis, Great Lakes czar

Nancy-Ann DeParle, health czar

Earl Devaney, stimulus oversight czar

Joshua DuBois, religion czar, aka God czar

Arne Duncan, education czar

Kenneth Feinberg, pay czar

Daniel Fried, Guantanamo closure czar

J. Scott Gration, Sudan czar

Melissa Hathaway, [soon to be] cybersecurity czar

David J. Hayes, water czar [a Deputy Interior Secretary and therefore subject to Senate oversight]

Richard Holbrooke, Afghanistan-Pakistan (Af-Pak) czar

John Holdren, science czar

Kevin Jennings, safe schools czar [nominated to be Assistant Deputy Secretary of Education, Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools, a newly created post; openly gay founder of an organization dedicated to promoting pro-homosexual clubs and curricula in public schools]

Van Jones, green jobs czar

Gil Kerlikowske, drug czar

Ron Kirk, trade czar

Vivek Kundra, infotech czar [Shoplifted four shirts, worth $33.50 each, from J.C. Penney in 1996 (source)]

Douglas Lute, war czar [retained from Bush administration, married to Jane Holl Lute, currently a Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security]

George Mitchell, Mideast peace czar

Ed Montgomery, car czar [replacing Steve Rattner, who stepped down amid controversy over his former firm’s role in a possible kickback scandal]

Lynn Rosenthal, domestic violence czar

Dennis Ross, Mideast policy czar

Gary Samore, weapons of mass destruction czar

Todd Stern, climate change czar

Cass Sunstein, regulatory czar

Larry Summers, economic czar

Michael Taylor, food czar

Arturo Valenzuela, Latin-American czar (nominee) [although this post is referred to as a czar, he is nominatied to be Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs and so is subject to Senate confirmation]

Paul Volcker, economic czar number two

Elizabeth Warren, TARP czar [chair of the [Congressional Oversight Panel for the Trouble Assets Relief Program; note that Herb Allison is more frequently called the TARP czar]

Jeffrey Zients, government performance czar [replaced original nominee Nancy Killefer who withdrew her name after issues with her personal income tax filings surfaced]

Positions established but not yet filled…

behavioral science czar

copyright czar

Positions being planned:

income redistribution czar

land-use czar

consumer financial protection czar, aka mortgage czar (source)

radio-internet fairness czar

student loan czar, to oversee a program of mandatory service in return for college money (source)

voter list czar

zoning czar

Obama has moved swiftly to concentrate power in the White House, bypassing the review of our elected representatives in Congress in most of the posts listed above. Even though cabinet positions are part of the executive branch, the cabinet secretaries must be approved by Congress, they are funded by Congress, and they can be called before Congress to testify. Most of these czars, on the other hand, are appointed by Obama at his sole discretion, and are answerable only to him. If subpoenaed by Congress, they can claim executive privilege.

Right after the election last November, Lowell Ponte of NewsMax published a tongue-in-cheek article that purported to be written eight years in the future, looking back on the Obama administration. Given the administration’s current initiatives, the ominous prognostication seems frighteningly likely:

Looking back from 2016 on eight strange years of President Barack Obama’s administration, we see that it has been nothing like what idealists believed they were electing in 2008.

The Obama years will be remembered in the Ministry of Truth’s official history as the era of 1,000 czars, the elitist commissars he gave the power to rule by fiat in every sector of America’s government, economy, and society…. And through their partisan power, Barack Obama became America’s permanent caesar.

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Says President Obama, the bill's lobbyist-in-chief: "Most of the money we're investing as part of this plan will get out the door immediately and go directly to job-creation, generating or saving 3 to 4 million new jobs." -- Forbes, January 28, 2009

“[A]s I made clear at the time it was passed, the Recovery Act was not designed to work in four months – it was designed to work over two years." -- CNN, July 11, 2009
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true">YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. http:>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

:-5:-5:-5 I'm cursed!

YouTube - ObamaCare Peddlers Plant a Faux Doctor in Town Hall for Sheila 'My Cell Phone' Jackson Lee.

Just watch the first minute.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee denies trying to dodge foes | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

One supporter, Roxana Mayer, praised the reform plan for overhauling a broken system.

“I don't know what there is in the bill that creates such panic,” she said.

Mayer identified herself as a physician who does not live in Jackson Lee's district. However, her name does not appear in the database maintained by the Texas Medical Board, which licenses all doctors in Texas.

In an e-mail to the Chronicle on Thursday morning, Mayer confirmed she is not a licensed physician.

"I have been advised to refrain from making any further statements," she said.

So who is this Roxana Mayer? Well, when she wan't studying to be a social worker, she worked as a delegate for candidate Obama. What a Koinkidink!

Organizing for America | Event | Remember ONE thing when you vote...

Wasn't it the democrats that were accusing republicans of bringing in fake people?? :-2
cigar898

Post by cigar898 »

Accountable;1224754 wrote: SOURCE

The Compleat List of Czars

By Nancy Matthis | Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 6:05 am

Bypassing the authority of Congress, Barack Obama rules through czars — the beginnings of dictatorship:

Herbert Allison Jr., bailout czar, [replaced Bush bailout czar Neel Kashkari, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability confirmed by Senate]

Alan Bersin, border czar

Dennis Blair, intelligence czar [Director of National Intelligence, a Senate confirmed position]

John Brennan, counterterrorism czar

Carol Browner, energy czar

Adolfo Carrion, urban affairs czar

Ashton Carter, weapons czar [actually Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics and so subject to Senate confirmation]

Aneesh Chopra, technology czar

Jeffrey Crowley, [openly gay white man] AIDS czar

Cameron Davis, Great Lakes czar

Nancy-Ann DeParle, health czar

Earl Devaney, stimulus oversight czar

Joshua DuBois, religion czar, aka God czar

Arne Duncan, education czar

Kenneth Feinberg, pay czar

Daniel Fried, Guantanamo closure czar

J. Scott Gration, Sudan czar

Melissa Hathaway, [soon to be] cybersecurity czar

David J. Hayes, water czar [a Deputy Interior Secretary and therefore subject to Senate oversight]

Richard Holbrooke, Afghanistan-Pakistan (Af-Pak) czar

John Holdren, science czar

Kevin Jennings, safe schools czar [nominated to be Assistant Deputy Secretary of Education, Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools, a newly created post; openly gay founder of an organization dedicated to promoting pro-homosexual clubs and curricula in public schools]

Van Jones, green jobs czar

Gil Kerlikowske, drug czar

Ron Kirk, trade czar

Vivek Kundra, infotech czar [Shoplifted four shirts, worth $33.50 each, from J.C. Penney in 1996 (source)]

Douglas Lute, war czar [retained from Bush administration, married to Jane Holl Lute, currently a Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security]

George Mitchell, Mideast peace czar

Ed Montgomery, car czar [replacing Steve Rattner, who stepped down amid controversy over his former firm’s role in a possible kickback scandal]

Lynn Rosenthal, domestic violence czar

Dennis Ross, Mideast policy czar

Gary Samore, weapons of mass destruction czar

Todd Stern, climate change czar

Cass Sunstein, regulatory czar

Larry Summers, economic czar

Michael Taylor, food czar

Arturo Valenzuela, Latin-American czar (nominee) [although this post is referred to as a czar, he is nominatied to be Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs and so is subject to Senate confirmation]

Paul Volcker, economic czar number two

Elizabeth Warren, TARP czar [chair of the [Congressional Oversight Panel for the Trouble Assets Relief Program; note that Herb Allison is more frequently called the TARP czar]

Jeffrey Zients, government performance czar [replaced original nominee Nancy Killefer who withdrew her name after issues with her personal income tax filings surfaced]

Positions established but not yet filled…

behavioral science czar

copyright czar

Positions being planned:

income redistribution czar

land-use czar

consumer financial protection czar, aka mortgage czar (source)

radio-internet fairness czar

student loan czar, to oversee a program of mandatory service in return for college money (source)

voter list czar

zoning czar

Obama has moved swiftly to concentrate power in the White House, bypassing the review of our elected representatives in Congress in most of the posts listed above. Even though cabinet positions are part of the executive branch, the cabinet secretaries must be approved by Congress, they are funded by Congress, and they can be called before Congress to testify. Most of these czars, on the other hand, are appointed by Obama at his sole discretion, and are answerable only to him. If subpoenaed by Congress, they can claim executive privilege.

Right after the election last November, Lowell Ponte of NewsMax published a tongue-in-cheek article that purported to be written eight years in the future, looking back on the Obama administration. Given the administration’s current initiatives, the ominous prognostication seems frighteningly likely:

Looking back from 2016 on eight strange years of President Barack Obama’s administration, we see that it has been nothing like what idealists believed they were electing in 2008.

The Obama years will be remembered in the Ministry of Truth’s official history as the era of 1,000 czars, the elitist commissars he gave the power to rule by fiat in every sector of America’s government, economy, and society…. And through their partisan power, Barack Obama became America’s permanent caesar.

Man! So let's just start designing uniforms and a new Constitution......makes me sick.

Again, for those of you who voted for change, here is a good example of it!
Those who made the ultimate sacrifice thought YOU were worth dying for. Remember THEM

I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Christian, and a proud Veteran. Therefore, my government has labeled me a "right-wing extremist", a militia member, and a possible domestic terrorist
cigar898

Post by cigar898 »

Accountable;1225198 wrote: Says President Obama, the bill's lobbyist-in-chief: "Most of the money we're investing as part of this plan will get out the door immediately and go directly to job-creation, generating or saving 3 to 4 million new jobs." -- Forbes, January 28, 2009

“[A]s I made clear at the time it was passed, the Recovery Act was not designed to work in four months – it was designed to work over two years." -- CNN, July 11, 2009

*note to self*

Check with President Obama in 2011.......
Those who made the ultimate sacrifice thought YOU were worth dying for. Remember THEM

I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Christian, and a proud Veteran. Therefore, my government has labeled me a "right-wing extremist", a militia member, and a possible domestic terrorist
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Gotta hand it to the Huffington Post. I never thought they'd print anything against the democrats.

Internal Memo Confirms Big Giveaways In White House Deal With Big Pharma

A memo obtained by the Huffington Post confirms that the White House and the pharmaceutical lobby secretly agreed to precisely the sort of wide-ranging deal that both parties have been denying over the past week.

[...]

It says the White House agreed to oppose any congressional efforts to use the government's leverage to bargain for lower drug prices or import drugs from Canada -- and also agreed not to pursue Medicare rebates or shift some drugs from Medicare Part B to Medicare Part D, which would cost Big Pharma billions in reduced reimbursements.

In exchange, the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA) agreed to cut $80 billion in projected costs to taxpayers and senior citizens over ten years.
Healthcare FLASHBACKS (VIDEO)

Return to “Comedy”