One of those pics.

Discussions about your pets!
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

You know how it is....... your pet is doing something really cute but you can't find the camera in time to capture the moment.

Old peanut the Persian is feeling her age and has become lax in her cleaning of late as all old cats do. Oscar the Persian has decided he must step in and take care of the geriatric.

I got this cute pic just in time but apologies for the poor quality of the pic as it was all rather rushed. It seems the moment i approach any of my cats or dogs while they are in cute mode, they move before i can get there.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Poor old Peanut...... just wanted to curl up and go to sleep but along comes that pesky puppy to sit on her.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

One of those pics.

Post by G#Gill »

Aaw, those pics are sooo cute, Oscar ! Yep the moment is soon gone isn't it? :-6 :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
ZAP

One of those pics.

Post by ZAP »

Precious!!
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1215747 wrote: You know how it is....... your pet is doing something really cute but you can't find the camera in time to capture the moment.

Old peanut the Persian is feeling her age and has become lax in her cleaning of late as all old cats do. Oscar the Persian has decided he must step in and take care of the geriatric.

I got this cute pic just in time but apologies for the poor quality of the pic as it was all rather rushed. It seems the moment i approach any of my cats or dogs while they are in cute mode, they move before i can get there.

Oscar is doing a good deed for Old Peanut.....to cute!:guitarist:guitarist

Shrek is old also, and Spike always cleans him up.
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1215750 wrote: Poor old Peanut...... just wanted to curl up and go to sleep but along comes that pesky puppy to sit on her.

hey, that was my spot!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Odie;1215808 wrote: Oscar is doing a good deed for Old Peanut.....to cute!:guitarist:guitarist

Shrek is old also, and Spike always cleans him up. Oscar is only two years old and it is quite touching the way he has taken charge of Peanut now. It's almost as it they know isn't it?

I do believe Peanut doesn't have much time left so i will get a companion for Oscar from persian rescue when the time comes.
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1215839 wrote: Oscar is only two years old and it is quite touching the way he has taken charge of Peanut now. It's almost as it they know isn't it?

I do believe Peanut doesn't have much time left so i will get a companion for Oscar from persian rescue when the time comes.

It is weird how they know when one is old, injured, they care for them like it was their mom, they can sense it.

How old is Peanut?
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Odie;1215842 wrote: It is weird how they know when one is old, injured, they care for them like it was their mom, they can sense it.

How old is Peanut? I can not be sure. She was siezed with 6 others by the RSPCA. I took 5 and an aquaintence took 2. All were dying from cat flu. I could not save Peanuts twin brother and a Siamese. All had fluid on the lungs and although i nursed all of them 24/7 and did everything i could, i could not save them. The other 2 were pedigree Bengals and i nursed them back to full health but re-homed them with folk who know the breed as they were extremely agressive. Peanut took longer to nurse back to full health so in the end i didn't want to re-home her. When she arrived, her coat was so thick and matted, she could not move her head. We could not put her under aneasthetic until she was clear of the fluid on the lungs but for days i slowley chipped away at the matted fur round her neck with a tiny pair of nail scissors. Eventually, she was well enough to go under aneasthetic and the it took the vet two hours to shave her completely.

She was just skin and bone under all that matted fur. All her teeth were absolutely rotton also and causing her immense pain which may be why she was so thin. I had to have all her teeth removed except one front fang which she hooks her meat on and flips into her mouth. I've had her 5 years now and i guess she was approx 6 years old when i got her. Persians tend to have far shorter life spans than street moggie's.

Why on earth do folk neglect animals like this??:-5
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1215849 wrote: I can not be sure. She was siezed with 6 others by the RSPCA. I took 5 and an aquaintence took 2. All were dying from cat flu. I could not save Peanuts twin brother and a Siamese. All had fluid on the lungs and although i nursed all of them 24/7 and did everything i could, i could not save them. The other 2 were pedigree Bengals and i nursed them back to full health but re-homed them with folk who know the breed as they were extremely agressive. Peanut took longer to nurse back to full health so in the end i didn't want to re-home her. When she arrived, her coat was so thick and matted, she could not move her head. We could not put her under aneasthetic until she was clear of the fluid on the lungs but for days i slowley chipped away at the matted fur round her neck with a tiny pair of nail scissors. Eventually, she was well enough to go under aneasthetic and the it took the vet two hours to shave her completely.

She was just skin and bone under all that matted fur. All her teeth were absolutely rotton also and causing her immense pain which may be why she was so thin. I had to have all her teeth removed except one front fang which she hooks her meat on and flips into her mouth. I've had her 5 years now and i guess she was approx 6 years old when i got her. Persians tend to have far shorter life spans than street moggie's.

Why on earth do folk neglect animals like this??:-5

We hear of animal abuse on a daily basis here.....I think people buy pets on a wim or when they are on a high....not researching the animal, just buy it because its cute...then to realize they must provide for it, pay expenses and take care of it.......

some become hostile toward animals and just don't care.

Christmas and Easter are the worse time of year to buy any animal just because its cute.

Indoor cats have a lifespan of 14 years, although most live much longer, Chopper my tortoiseshell was 18 when we had to say goodbye to her.

Bug our male, was 14 when we had to say goodbye, he had diabetics since the age of 7, I injected him twice daily and monitored his glucose....eventually he lost his bowel control.....he was a special cat and he never complained about his needles........and he always got treats afterwards even though I would rub the area over and over......
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Odie;1215879 wrote: We hear of animal abuse on a daily basis here.....I think people buy pets on a wim or when they are on a high....not researching the animal, just buy it because its cute...then to realize they must provide for it, pay expenses and take care of it.......

some become hostile toward animals and just don't care.

Christmas and Easter are the worse time of year to buy any animal just because its cute.

Indoor cats have a lifespan of 14 years, although most live much longer, Chopper my tortoiseshell was 18 when we had to say goodbye to her.

Bug our male, was 14 when we had to say goodbye, he had diabetics since the age of 7, I injected him twice daily and monitored his glucose....eventually he lost his bowel control.....he was a special cat and he never complained about his needles........and he always got treats afterwards even though I would rub the area over and over...... I have had many many cats come in dreadful conditions. I think the woman who had Peanut was using them as a money machine breeding them as they were all pedigree. Then she never bothered getting them vaccinated.

Animals seem to be part of this throw away society now. I wish the government would bring in cat and dog licenses. If some-one wants a pet badly enough, they will pay the license fee.
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1215915 wrote: I have had many many cats come in dreadful conditions. I think the woman who had Peanut was using them as a money machine breeding them as they were all pedigree. Then she never bothered getting them vaccinated.

Animals seem to be part of this throw away society now. I wish the government would bring in cat and dog licenses. If some-one wants a pet badly enough, they will pay the license fee.

oh I can see that for sure, dog and cat mills are discovered here regularly, sad to see them in such dreadful conditions!:-5:-5

We have to have cat and dog licenses here, and re-new every-year, but most don't bother....and it doesn't do any good as no one comes to the home to see the animals and their conditions.....its just another way our government makes money.:-5:-5

furthermore, I have 4 indoor cats.....wtf do they need to be licensed for?:-5:-5
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Odie;1215943 wrote: oh I can see that for sure, dog and cat mills are discovered here regularly, sad to see them in such dreadful conditions!:-5:-5

We have to have cat and dog licenses here, and re-new every-year, but most don't bother....and it doesn't do any good as no one comes to the home to see the animals and their conditions.....its just another way our government makes money.:-5:-5

furthermore, I have 4 indoor cats.....wtf do they need to be licensed for?:-5:-5
Today, i caught Puppy on my bed which is strictly out of bounds. She was on there with Oscar and Puppy had both her front paws around Oscars neck. Of course the moment she saw me, she jumped down as she knows she shouldn't be in our bedroom, but that would have made a real cute pic.

We get cat and puppy farms in this country, and i wish the government would crack down harder on them. Here, a Pedigree Bengal kitten can go for £4,000 and i'm sure the woman was doing this. What i don't understand, is why breed Pedigree cats, sell them for that price and then not shell out £100 for their vaccinations?
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1216054 wrote: Today, i caught Puppy on my bed which is strictly out of bounds. She was on there with Oscar and Puppy had both her front paws around Oscars neck. Of course the moment she saw me, she jumped down as she knows she shouldn't be in our bedroom, but that would have made a real cute pic.

We get cat and puppy farms in this country, and i wish the government would crack down harder on them. Here, a Pedigree Bengal kitten can go for £4,000 and i'm sure the woman was doing this. What i don't understand, is why breed Pedigree cats, sell them for that price and then not shell out £100 for their vaccinations?

puppy farms are illegal here...that is why they don't get them licensed.;)

when buying any sort of pedigree, you really have to do your research here.

I am thankful for our Toronto Humane Society and other volunteers who are out daily tracking them down.:-5:-5
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Odie;1216101 wrote: puppy farms are illegal here...that is why they don't get them licensed.;)

when buying any sort of pedigree, you really have to do your research here.

I am thankful for our Toronto Humane Society and other volunteers who are out daily tracking them down.:-5:-5
Also here, there is alot of work goes on to stop these puppy farms but i don't think that there is as much done for cats. I'm in doubt that Peanut's previous owner was running a cat factory for money only. The Persian Rescue where Oscar came from has had some dreadful cases come in so it must go on.
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1216135 wrote: Also here, there is alot of work goes on to stop these puppy farms but i don't think that there is as much done for cats. I'm in doubt that Peanut's previous owner was running a cat factory for money only. The Persian Rescue where Oscar came from has had some dreadful cases come in so it must go on.

I haven't heard much here either on purebred cats......

Persians are expensive as they are a breed........so happy to hear they are helping.
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Odie;1216162 wrote: I haven't heard much here either on purebred cats......

Persians are expensive as they are a breed........so happy to hear they are helping. I got a call from Persian rescue to tell me they had a Persian come in that was very special. She thought of me as he had been raised with 3 Terrier dogs. Oscar was much loved by his owners but the husband developed a severe allergic reaction to his fur. they were devastated to have to part with him. When i collected him, he had all his innoculations done, full vets report, flea treatment, wormed etc etc. He was in beautiful condition but so may are not so lucky. :mad:
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1216173 wrote: I got a call from Persian rescue to tell me they had a Persian come in that was very special. She thought of me as he had been raised with 3 Terrier dogs. Oscar was much loved by his owners but the husband developed a severe allergic reaction to his fur. they were devastated to have to part with him. When i collected him, he had all his innoculations done, full vets report, flea treatment, wormed etc etc. He was in beautiful condition but so may are not so lucky. :mad:

so true, as most are not lucky.:mad:
Oscar Namechange

One of those pics.

Odie;1216218 wrote: so true, as most are not lucky.:mad: If i lose Peanut to old age, i will go back to Persian rescue and get a companion for Oscar. Maybe a younger cat as he is rather playful. He does like to play with puppy but she can get too boistrous.
Odie

One of those pics.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1216312 wrote: If i lose Peanut to old age, i will go back to Persian rescue and get a companion for Oscar. Maybe a younger cat as he is rather playful. He does like to play with puppy but she can get too boistrous.

a younger cat would be better of Oscar, once they reach around 5, they don't play as much.......perhaps even a kitten.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”