Should i report this woman?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

At one end of my lane there are the backs of some council houses and the children use the lane to play in.

We have become very good friends with a Thai family who have 3 young children who are just adorable. They have to be some of the lovliest kids i have ever met, always polite and curteous. Every day when they finish school, they run to our gate to make a fuss of our 3 dogs.

Their next door neighbour is an 85 yr old woman who lives alone in a three bedroomed council house. She has been there for approx 40 years. Since my friend and her family moved in, she has virtually waged war on them. She has made their lives an absolute misery and it is now affecting the children.

She falsely accused their father of abusing the children of which i know this is complete nonsense. They had to endure months of scrutiny due to this allegation. Some months ago, the childrens father awoke to find the police virtually breaking his door down. The old lady had rung police and claimed he had killed the kids because she had not heard him shout at them for a few days. The kids were actually away on holiday at the time with their mother.

This old woman reports every single noise she hears even though she has been proved to be lying as the time she claims that the noise is happening, the mother is asleep because she works nights and the kids are in school.

Every time the kids come out to play, she sets about them. They recently had a large trampoline put in the garden and sure enough the old lady complained to the council and even told the kids it was illegal to have one.

There is not a day that goes by when this old woman is not on at the parents or the kids and i really don't know how they have been so patient with her.

It came to a head at the weekend when the kids were happily playing in a paddling pool in their garden. Out came the old woman and as usual she verbally set about the kids. My friend, the mother tried to reason with the old woman by explaining that council houses were usually inhabited by families. This meant that there is children and naturally, children make noise. The old woman was getting quite nasty so my friend said that she shouldn't be living amongst families if she felt like this. The old woman replied 'AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HERE BECAUSE YOUR BLACK !!!.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bez

Post by Bez »

oscar;1214648 wrote: At one end of my lane there are the backs of some council houses and the children use the lane to play in.

We have become very good friends with a Thai family who have 3 young children who are just adorable. They have to be some of the lovliest kids i have ever met, always polite and curteous. Every day when they finish school, they run to our gate to make a fuss of our 3 dogs.

Their next door neighbour is an 85 yr old woman who lives alone in a three bedroomed council house. She has been there for approx 40 years. Since my friend and her family moved in, she has virtually waged war on them. She has made their lives an absolute misery and it is now affecting the children.

She falsely accused their father of abusing the children of which i know this is complete nonsense. They had to endure months of scrutiny due to this allegation. Some months ago, the childrens father awoke to find the police virtually breaking his door down. The old lady had rung police and claimed he had killed the kids because she had not heard him shout at them for a few days. The kids were actually away on holiday at the time with their mother.

This old woman reports every single noise she hears even though she has been proved to be lying as the time she claims that the noise is happening, the mother is asleep because she works nights and the kids are in school.

Every time the kids come out to play, she sets about them. They recently had a large trampoline put in the garden and sure enough the old lady complained to the council and even told the kids it was illegal to have one.

There is not a day that goes by when this old woman is not on at the parents or the kids and i really don't know how they have been so patient with her.

It came to a head at the weekend when the kids were happily playing in a paddling pool in their garden. Out came the old woman and as usual she verbally set about the kids. My friend, the mother tried to reason with the old woman by explaining that council houses were usually inhabited by families. This meant that there is children and naturally, children make noise. The old woman was getting quite nasty so my friend said that she shouldn't be living amongst families if she felt like this. The old woman replied 'AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HERE BECAUSE YOUR BLACK !!!.

What a horrible person.....and what a dilema about reporting her....she deserves it but will it do any good ?????
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214648 wrote: At one end of my lane there are the backs of some council houses and the children use the lane to play in.

horrid horrid woman!:-5:-5

thing is, can you prove she said it?

and will it do any good?
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Bez;1214655 wrote: What a horrible person.....and what a dilema about reporting her....she deserves it but will it do any good ?????

Sounds senile to me. Or just a really lonely person...why is she so mad at the world?
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1214656 wrote: horrid horrid woman!:-5:-5

thing is, can you prove she said it?

and will it do any good?
Pete was so outraged he went down there and knocked on the old ladies door. He told her that her comment was illegal and rascist. She said she was fed up with these 'Blacks' coming over here and taking our houses. So she never denied saying it. My friend isn't even black ffs. She's Thai and a lovely coffee colour. :wah:

My worry is that she is being racially abusive to the children.

My dillemma is that if i report her, we are in doubt that she will be arrested. The police here take this kind of thing very seriously but at 85 yrs old, is it fair to have her arrested.? It has to stop because she is making the kids lives a misery and they have been in tears over it. Pete tried to talk to the old woman but she was adamant.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214661 wrote: Pete was so outraged he went down there and knocked on the old ladies door. He told her that her comment was illegal and rascist. She said she was fed up with these 'Blacks' coming over here and taking our houses. So she never denied saying it. My friend isn't even black ffs. She's Thai and a lovely coffee colour. :wah:

My dillemma is that if i report her, we are in doubt that she will be arrested. The police here take this kind of thing very seriously but at 85 yrs old, is it fair to have her arrested.? It has to stop because she is making the kids lives a misery and they have been in tears over it. Pete tried to talk to the old woman but she was adamant.

honestly.......I think a visit from the police will do her the world of good.;)
Oscar Namechange

qsducks;1214660 wrote: Sounds senile to me. Or just a really lonely person...why is she so mad at the world? I have known the old lady for some years and i don't think she is senile infact she seems quite with it. She has an active social life and likes to brag that she goes ballroom dancing four times a week still.

It just seems that she hates my friend for no reason at all other than the obvious.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214670 wrote: I have known the old lady for some years and i don't think she is senile infact she seems quite with it. She has an active social life and likes to brag that she goes ballroom dancing four times a week still.

It just seems that she hates my friend for no reason at all other than the obvious.

she's not senile, she is like my neighour, nothing better to do!:-5:-5
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

That happens in my town too. If the same person repeatedly calls police over nothing, they are treated as nuisance calls. God help them if they ever really need the cops.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1214661 wrote: Pete was so outraged he went down there and knocked on the old ladies door. He told her that her comment was illegal and rascist. She said she was fed up with these 'Blacks' coming over here and taking our houses. So she never denied saying it. My friend isn't even black ffs. She's Thai and a lovely coffee colour. :wah:

why does being a certain age mean its ok to be wrong, anti social, cantankerous? spiteful, nasty, whatever,, seems just being old, a pensioner, very old indeeed:wah: gives you the go ahead to do and say what you like.

Cant wait till im old then:rolleyes::wah: and shut up before you say i already am:p

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

kazalala;1214712 wrote: why does being a certain age mean its ok to be wrong, anti social, cantankerous? spiteful, nasty, whatever,, seems just being old, a pensioner, very old indeeed:wah: gives you the go ahead to do and say what you like.

Cant wait till im old then:rolleyes::wah: and shut up before you say i already am:p

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

yup........shouldn't matter what age, let the cop give the old a bag a word or two!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

And the question begs to be answered...what did they do to her? Nothing...she just is a big racist bigoted women....omg, if she lived in my neighborhood...she'd be blown away...loads of kidlets laughing, having fun in the summer days...I live in a mixed neighborhood...most of my kids friends are biracial...it doesn;'t bother us or them.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

kazalala;1214712 wrote: why does being a certain age mean its ok to be wrong, anti social, cantankerous? spiteful, nasty, whatever,, seems just being old, a pensioner, very old indeeed:wah: gives you the go ahead to do and say what you like.

thanks kaz that really does explain a lot to me ,people just trying to have fun in the garden ,being started on by a

anti social, cantankerous? spiteful, nasty, whatever,, seems just being old, a pensioner,:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

farmer giles;1214718 wrote: thanks kaz that really does explain a lot to me ,people just trying to have fun in the garden ,being started on by a

anti social, cantankerous? spiteful, nasty, whatever,, seems just being old, a pensioner,:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

erm if ye talking about me and havin a laugh ok ,, funny:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

if you are trying to drag me in to yours and oscars unbelievablly childish fight,,, leave mee out of it:p I dont appreciate my posts being used to score points:thinking:

and same goes for oscar too so dont reply to this post saying well done .. thats to oscar ,, or in fact anyone!

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Who would you report it to? (are these like a community under a form of governance?)

I would think after her last false accusation, the authorities would not pay her much mind when she complains again. A bad way to get along with your neighbors.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

kazalala;1214720 wrote: erm if ye talking about me and havin a laugh ok ,, funny:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

if you are trying to drag me in to yours and oscars unbelievablly childish fight,,, leave mee out of it:p I dont appreciate my posts being used to score points:thinking:

and same goes for oscar too so dont reply to this post saying well done .. thats to oscar ,, or in fact anyone!

what ever made you think along those lines kaz tut:thinking:
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1214720 wrote: erm if ye talking about me and havin a laugh ok ,, funny:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

and same goes for oscar too so dont reply to this post saying well done .. thats to oscar ,, or in fact anyone! This is the problem Kaz... her age. Does it excuse her nastiness? Should we make allowences for her age? I've talked to her other neighbours who say she has always been like this.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1214754 wrote: This is the problem Kaz... her age. Does it excuse her nastiness? Should we make allowences for her age? I've talked to her other neighbours who say she has always been like this.

No i dont think age should excuse nastiness, she still has all her faculties by what you say so theres no excuse. However.... your thai neighbour is also a grown woman ,, and maybe you can just suggest to her the ways in which she can handle this ,, let her know what her options are and leave it up to her,,:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1214678 wrote: That happens in my town too. If the same person repeatedly calls police over nothing, they are treated as nuisance calls. God help them if they ever really need the cops. You would think that here also but they keep taking her seriously.

I resigned from my position but i used to sit on the council housing department and i'm still in touch with the chiefs there. I can certainly phone them and tell them these allegations are nonsense but should this old woman be visited by the police to explain to her the seriousness of the remarks she makes?
cars

Post by cars »

oscar;1214756 wrote: You would think that here also but they keep taking her seriously.

I resigned from my position but i used to sit on the council housing department and i'm still in touch with the chiefs there. I can certainly phone them and tell them these allegations are nonsense but should this old woman be visited by the police to explain to her the seriousness of the remarks she makes?[/
Yes, it sounds like this nasty old woman needs a straightening out! If it has to be by the police, then so be it! She is way old enough for her to know better, but being the way she seems, she will never change on her own! And just ordinary neighbors will not carry enough clout to make her see the error of her ways. At 85, she's lived the best part of her life, whether miserable, or otherwise. She now needs to let the younger generation live their lives as they see fit, & also in peace!
Cars :)
Oscar Namechange

cars;1214762 wrote: Yes, it sounds like this nasty old woman needs a straightening out! If it has to be by the police, then so be it! She is way old enough for her to know better, but being the way she seems, she will never change on her own! And just ordinary neighbors will not carry enough clout to make her see the error of her ways. At 85, she's lived the best part of her life, whether miserable, or otherwise. She now needs to let the younger generation live their lives as they see fit, & also in peace!
Wise words Cars. I feel so desperately sorry for the family. Thai folk are very peace loving people and this kind of thing is alien to their way of life. It's been going on for some time but i do feel that now the children are getting older, it has to stop. Can you imagine as a kid, every time you go into your garden to play, some old woman comes out and spoils it for you? I believe it is harassment. The childrens mother never retaliates and is a very polite as all Thai people are. If the kids were running havoc screaming and shouting, i could understand it but if anything they are the quitest kids i've ever met. The mother hasn't long been in the country and although i've tried explaining we have laws here against that kind of thing, she doesn't seem to understand herself how serious such a remark and this harrassment is.

I don't want to interfere but i really think it has to stop for the kids sake. They can't grow up like this...... it's not fair.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

I have been in the same position as your neighbour, when we moved into my street, we became the only family with young children. I had different neighbours moaning at the kids litterally every time they stepped out the door. I went to all the moany old gits and yes I do mean moany old gits and explained that if there was a problem to come to me and I would reprimand or sort out what the kids were doing.

Anyway this went on for about ten months until one of the old guys grabbed Sam, Jenna came in screaming that he had got Sam, I went running out and the old miser went running into his house, let me tell you I banged so hard on that bloody door I dont know how it stayed on the hinges. His wife came out and I had a barrage of abuse ranging from gypsy to slut, after much shouting and me saying stop hiding behind your wife is it only kids you start on he came out, I know he was old (bout 60) but if he was going to grab my kids he deserved all he got, I told him exactely what I thought of him turned on my heels, after checking Sam was ok I then called the police.

The police cautioned him for harrasement and told him if there were anymore incidents he would be charged, guess what, I didn't hear a peep from the old git again.

Oscar call the police it is harrasment and noone in life deserves that let alone a defenceless child.

(disclaimer, lost my spell checker so please excuse spelling mistakes :-5:mad:)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Oscar Namechange

SuzyB;1214792 wrote: I have been in the same position as your neighbour, when we moved into my street, we became the only family with young children. I had different neighbours moaning at the kids litterally every time they stepped out the door. I went to all the moany old gits and yes I do mean moany old gits and explained that if there was a problem to come to me and I would reprimand or sort out what the kids were doing.

Anyway this went on for about ten months until one of the old guys grabbed Sam, Jenna came in screaming that he had got Sam, I went running out and the old miser went running into his house, let me tell you I banged so hard on that bloody door I dont know how it stayed on the hinges. His wife came out and I had a barrage of abuse ranging from gypsy to slut, after much shouting and me saying stop hiding behind your wife is it only kids you start on he came out, I know he was old (bout 60) but if he was going to grab my kids he deserved all he got, I told him exactely what I thought of him turned on my heels, after checking Sam was ok I then called the police.

The police cautioned him for harrasement and told him if there were anymore incidents he would be charged, guess what, I didn't hear a peep from the old git again.

Oscar call the police it is harrasment and noone in life deserves that let alone a defenceless child.

(disclaimer, lost my spell checker so please excuse spelling mistakes :-5:mad:) Thanks Suzy. The problem here is that she has already made false allegations to the police and they have taken her seriously. I have talked long and hard about this to them and i believe they are right when they say that if they did similar to you, she would have THEM arrested.

I've decided anyway ...... I had a police officer round here for a few hours about something else he's dealing with and i'm going to give him a ring and see what he thinks.

If i was still on the council housing commitee, i could turf her out of her house as it's one old woman taking up a three bedroomed house meant for families. But then, that would be just plain nasty eh? :sneaky::sneaky:
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I am sorry to say there is no solution.

The old biddy wont change her ways now, way too long in the tooth.

That is her reason for living now, she probably sits at her window waiting for some activity, just to liven up her life, and apparently as you say her bile is not reserved for foreigners alone.

In fact I feel for her.

In her lifetime she has seen her neighborhood turn from an English one to a strange and worrying mixture.

Now then, I don't want you people to think I am racist, I am actually married to an African.

Put yourself in her place for a moment, and imagine a family next door that are laughing and talking in a strange tongue, mocking her distress by default.

Have they tried to smother her complaints with kindness, inviting her for tea or a picnic in their garden, or offering to get her shopping ?

It's either that or grease her doorstep !!!
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
abbey

Post by abbey »

oscar;1214796 wrote:

If i was still on the council housing commitee, i could turf her out of her house as it's one old woman taking up a three bedroomed house meant for families. But then, that would be just plain nasty eh? :sneaky::sneaky:
Thank god for small mercies !
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1214797 wrote: I am sorry to say there is no solution.

The old biddy wont change her ways now, way too long in the tooth.

That is her reason for living now, she probably sits at her window waiting for some activity, just to liven up her life, and apparently as you say her bile is not reserved for foreigners alone.

In fact I feel for her.

In her lifetime she has seen her neighborhood turn from an English one to a strange and worrying mixture.

Now then, I don't want you people to think I am racist, I am actually married to an African.

Put yourself in her place for a moment, and imagine a family next door that are laughing and talking in a strange tongue, mocking her distress by default.

Have they tried to smother her complaints with kindness, inviting her for tea or a picnic in their garden, or offering to get her shopping ?

It's either that or grease her doorstep !!!
Hang on !!!!!! This is Bristol we are talking about. I can't understand what Bristolians are saying and i'm British ffs.

Grease the doorstep??? hmmmmmmmmmmm :sneaky:
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1214802 wrote: Thank god for small mercies !
Excuse me Mrs...... in my years on the council, i was the one who fought for better housing for the elderly and Immigrants !!
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

oscar;1214796 wrote: Thanks Suzy. The problem here is that she has already made false allegations to the police and they have taken her seriously. I have talked long and hard about this to them and i believe they are right when they say that if they did similar to you, she would have THEM arrested.

I've decided anyway ...... I had a police officer round here for a few hours about something else he's dealing with and i'm going to give him a ring and see what he thinks.

There was a case here no longer than 4 months ago, a Brother and Sister are living in a 3 large bed house, the council took it to court to try and get them evicted saying that they would rehouse them in a 2 bed place, they fought it and won the case, the judge said that because they had lived there all there lives it would be damaging to move them (ffs). It is criminal in my eyes, council properties were built to house the needy, at the end of the day people who rent from the local authority do just that RENT. Nothing in life is forever I have had to moved quite a few times, thats life!

I think if people are living in a property too large for their needs, they should be made to move, so many families I know are stuck in pokey flats with no garden and they are the lucky ones, you get others that like myself have to move out of the area into a crappy B&B that you wouldn't let a dog live in.

I think the world is becoming a blimming crazy place, someone should just put their foot down, if the local authority offer you a place with a living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen I think you are damned lucky, many people would love that. I think people are just greedy and the courts need to make a stand!

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

You moved ?

I thought we were virtual neighbors ?

Your signature says West Sussex ?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1214807 wrote: You moved ?

I thought we were virtual neighbors ?

Your signature says West Sussex ? I was born In Brighton and lived all my life in West sussex where most of my family are. I moved to Bristol for my job a few years ago but i still consider West Sussex as my home. I still own half a house there. When i drive down to Sussex i feel that 'I am going home'. I hope to move back pretty soon. :-6:-6
abbey

Post by abbey »

oscar;1214805 wrote: Excuse me Mrs...... in my years on the council, i was the one who fought for better housing for the elderly and Immigrants !!
Yet you'd turf an 85 year old woman out!
Oscar Namechange

SuzyB;1214806 wrote: There was a case here no longer than 4 months ago, a Brother and Sister are living in a 3 large bed house, the council took it to court to try and get them evicted saying that they would rehouse them in a 2 bed place, they fought it and won the case, the judge said that because they had lived there all there lives it would be damaging to move them (ffs). It is criminal in my eyes, council properties were built to house the needy, at the end of the day people who rent from the local authority do just that RENT. Nothing in life is forever I have had to moved quite a few times, thats life!

I think if people are living in a property too large for their needs, they should be made to move, so many families I know are stuck in pokey flats with no garden and they are the lucky ones, you get others that like myself have to move out of the area into a crappy B&B that you wouldn't let a dog live in.

I think the world is becoming a blimming crazy place, someone should just put their foot down, if the local authority offer you a place with a living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen I think you are damned lucky, many people would love that. I think people are just greedy and the courts need to make a stand! I totally agree with you.

Sitting on the council housing was difficult. We have a national housing crisis in this country with council property. It is very difficult. On one hand you see elderly folk like the old witch who have lived in their houses for 40 yrs and would find a move disruptive away from the community that they have grown up in. However, we also have a crisis where young families are in B & B's for anything up to 3 years waiting for a house.

Something Cars said in an earlier post....... you have to see that the young families are the future and these crinklies have had their lives and maybe it is time to move on. I'm not suggesting they are thrown out into the streets but there is alternative housing in their area's.
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1214818 wrote: Yet you'd turf an 85 year old woman out!
For gods sake !!! Can no-one take a joke around here any more?
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214823 wrote: For gods sake !!! Can no-one take a joke around here any more?

I'd kick the miserable old bat out!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

My Nan is in a lovely housing place, there are about 40 flats and a few bungalows, they have a warden and a massive common room, she is more socail now than she ever was when she lived with my Grandad, she plays bingo, sits while the ladies do craft twice a week, they have meals out (the last one was fantastic, best day out I'd had in ages lol) trips to the seeside, afternoon tea, the list goes on.

Sometimes I think it is best to socialise the elderly otherwise many are just knocking about in a house too big for them and they become very lonely and neglect their well being.

Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

I haven't been following this thread, for obvious reasons, but I'd say that it's easy to jump to conclusions which may be incorrect if you take all "evidence" at face value.
Oscar Namechange

Bill Sikes;1214836 wrote: I haven't been following this thread, for obvious reasons, but I'd say that it's easy to jump to conclusions which may be incorrect if you take all "evidence" at face value.
Bill........ their house backs on to the back of mine....... I can hear them pharting in the night. I can not avoid knowing everything that goes on in that house as well do other neighbours around them.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

abbey;1214818 wrote: Yet you'd turf an 85 year old woman out!

just my thoughts not about the woman's behavior the grumpy old bat:thinking:

where is the humanity here:thinking:

a woman in a house that she has probably been married in,brought up children in ,has a lifetime of memories in ....:thinking:

people would not treat a dog like this :thinking:

if she is senile by all means take her into a home for her own protection

but kick her out :(

how do some of you sleep at night :thinking:

maybe i should just stick to my joke threads and the bereavement threads i'm obviously very different in my thoughts for my fellow human beings :thinking:
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1214814 wrote: I still own half a house there.

You could let the old biddy have it then !!

Problem solved
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

It seems to me that the correct procedure would be for the Thai family to lodge the complaint against her neighbour if they so wish since they are the offended party. She could give your name as a witness.
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1214862 wrote: It seems to me that the correct procedure would be for the Thai family to lodge the complaint against her neighbour if they so wish since they are the offended party. She could give your name as a witness.
We have acted as witnesses for them in the past. She phoned social services one day and told them the kids were locked out of the house with no adults home. Complete and utter lies. The kids were in my garden at the time playing with my dogs !!! I really do believe this is a race thing. She has stopped the children and asked them when they are going back to their own country. She may be 85 but i think she knows exactly what she's doing.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

The question is which would be the most effective method of handling this situation?

Antagonize her...........call the police, tape her outbursts and leave the tapes with her so she can hear what she souunds like, file a harrassment complaint..

Or ignore her and treat her as the neighborhood outcast........

Or respond in way she will never expect.... visit her and talk with her, invite her to a neighborhood get-together. Show her that kindness and patience and respect does exist.

Her behavior is wrong and she is an old lady set in her ways.................or maybe she will show she is not so set in her ways. You can always hope. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

along-for-the-ride;1214876 wrote: The question is which would be the most effective method of handling this situation?

Antagonize her...........call the police, tape her outbursts and leave the tapes with her so she can hear what she souunds like, file a harrassment complaint..

Or ignore her and treat her as the neighborhood outcast........

Or respond in way she will never expect.... visit her and talk with her, invite her to a neighborhood get-together. Show her that kindness and patience and respect does exist.

Her behavior is wrong and she is an old lady set in her ways.................or maybe she will show she is not so set in her ways. You can always hope. ;)
Can't i just hit her? :yh_rotfl

The other neighbours around her say she has always been a nasty so and so but she is not like this with them (they are white British) and apparently, she has not been like it to white British folk who have lived next door to her before. If this is a race thing as we suspect, i don't think no amount of kindness or invitations to tea will do any good.
cars

Post by cars »

oscar;1214879 wrote: Can't i just hit her? :yh_rotfl

The other neighbours around her say she has always been a nasty so and so but she is not like this with them (they are white British) and apparently, she has not been like it to white British folk who have lived next door to her before. If this is a race thing as we suspect, i don't think no amount of kindness or invitations to tea will do any good.
It depends what you put in the tea! :lips:

(Happy pills, what else did you think! :p
Oscar Namechange

cars;1214883 wrote: It depends what you put in the tea! :lips:

(Happy pills, what else did you think! :p She's already got a face like a Bulldog licking shyte off a thistle.
cars

Post by cars »

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1214859 wrote: You could let the old biddy have it then !!

Problem solved
Would she mind sharing with the Pakistani family that i co-own the property with?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Why would you describe her as Thai ?

Whats up with that ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

oscar;1214928 wrote: Would she mind sharing with the Pakistani family that i co-own the property with?

Whoa !

Now were going after Middle Easterners. Whats next, funny little Japanese people ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I think having a go would mearly confirm her belief that all non Brits are trouble makers..

I think your neighbours could have a word with your local police just to let them know whats going on , you could back them up as a witness.Maybe they could note her calls as nuisence and not have to keep responding.

Some people just cannot accept outsiders.

I had a customer at the shop I managed he was a lovely old bloke (i thought) then one day I was shopping with my daughter when we bumped into him and he overheard us speaking English, that man never spoke to me again and when I said hello would look straight through me.

Sad but its his choice.

Return to “General Chit Chat”