Michael Jackson's memorial . . . .

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

Surprisingly, I found myself drawn to watch the memorial more than I ever thought I would be. I though it was rather well done, with the main focus being on Michael's undeniable talent as a world class entertainer!

It was just unfortunate that throughout his life, he was tormented by his lost childhood that he could never recoup, shyness off stage, and yes then his demons.

Happily,law and order prevailed throught the memorial! And so far, there was no mention in the media of outbreaks of unrest!
Cars :)
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

cars;1214446 wrote: Surprisingly, I found myself drawn to watch the memorial more than I ever thought I would be. I though it was rather well done, with the main focus being on Michael's undeniable talent as a world class entertainer!

It was just unfortunate that throughout his life, he was tormented by his lost childhood that he could never recoup, shyness off stage, and yes then his demons.

Happily,law and order prevailed throught the memorial! And so far, there was no mention in the media of outbreaks of unrest! I hate to say this but i have seen nothing of his memorial at all. I think it's well aired but i have just been too busy today.

He was a flawed genious. :-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

cars;1214446 wrote: Surprisingly, I found myself drawn to watch the memorial more than I ever thought I would be. I though it was rather well done, with the main focus being on Michael's undeniable talent as a world class entertainer!

Happily,law and order prevailed throught the memorial! And so far, there was no mention in the media of outbreaks of unrest!

It was indeed extremely well done.

I have never in my life seen such an amazing goodbye.

It was sad to see the Hurst that carried him, the pain and tears as his ever so young daughter spoke about her daddy.

It was touching to hear so many people remember him in so many different ways.

And to have a program of Micheal's life forever..........would touch those.
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Post by Peg »

I would have liked to have watched it, but the customers at work didn't want to watch it.:(
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1214483 wrote: I would have liked to have watched it, but the customers at work didn't want to watch it.:(

I taped it:D

it will be on again......Larry King Live tomorrow night and ET.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I caught parts of it from work what I saw was very well done. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

It was a touching memorial. I was moved by the loving spirit of the ones that knew and loved him. He reached many peoples hearts. The service was very beautiful. I was blown away by the English kid they brought in to sing. Apparently he was going to join the new tour in the London location. Hes a winner or finalist of Londons Got Talent ???

Really stunning pipes and the kid has got soul.

(54 min into video is song he sang today)

Michael had soul. It poured out of him. His younger days are the ones that still amaze me.

I know many hate him because they believe the accusations of molestation on a minor, but Ive decided I cant make that kind of judgement on him. I wasnt there, I dont know if its true or not.

As Rev. Sharpton said to Michaels children "your father wasnt strange but what he had to learn to deal with was"

I still believe in innocence. Clearly he loved children and his children loved him. Maybe he was a child himself. Maybe he needed to heal by giving children what he needed but never got. I dont know. I read an article in Esquire and the last paragraph addressed his inability to love himself.

Thats an affliction many of us share.

At any rate theres no denying he made an impact while he was here.
I AM AWESOME MAN
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

What a wise and thought-provoking post. Thank you, Nomad.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I thought it was a circus.

I only saw highlights because they were on the news at 10.

I would no more want to gate crash this mans funeral than I would dare to do so at that of any other person.

It seems a morbid outpouring of mass hysteria.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Ok i'm a bit confused, this is what i seen..........

MICHAEL JACKSON FUNERAL

Details about the Michael Jackson Funeral:

Michael Jackson will be privately buried July 7th at Forest Lawn Cemetery at 8 am.

The public memorial ceremony to follow will be:

Date: July 7, 2009

Time: 10:00 am

Place: Staples Center

Tickets: Free

If you do not have a Michael Jackson funeral ticket you will be barred from the Staples Center area by the Los Angeles police department.

So if he was buried at 8am and the public thing was at 10am, who was in the coffin at that staples centre place?
Bez

Post by Bez »

buttercup;1214523 wrote: Ok i'm a bit confused, this is what i seen..........

MICHAEL JACKSON FUNERAL

Details about the Michael Jackson Funeral:

Michael Jackson will be privately buried July 7th at Forest Lawn Cemetery at 8 am.

The public memorial ceremony to follow will be:

Date: July 7, 2009

Time: 10:00 am

Place: Staples Center

Tickets: Free

If you do not have a Michael Jackson funeral ticket you will be barred from the Staples Center area by the Los Angeles police department.

So if he was buried at 8am and the public thing was at 10am, who was in the coffin at that staples centre place?

There was a funeral service 1st Buttercup, then the memorial event. I don't think anyones been told where the actual burial will take place....I guess he could be cremated if that was his wish.

I watched quite a lot of the Memorial event as it was on at 6.30pm here in the UK.

To me it was extremely well balanced in terms of 'show biz' and the people who attended were reverential .

Pastor Lucious W. Smith impressed me........ I didn't care for the Rev Al Sharptons style of preaching so I found it hard to absorb his 'words' but I have no doubt they were comforting to many.

Jermaine Jacksons song was very emotional as were the words of Paris, Michael, katherine, his daughter.

I was totally surprised to see young Shaheen Jafargholi there ....he has amazing talent for a 12 year old and his singing has always tugged at my heartstrings.

It was organised in a few days by the guy who organises the Grammies and very tastefully done IMO.......of course it had to be 'show biz' to a degree....that was a large proportion of Michael Jacksons life although the other side of his life was intensely private.

Once the autopsy results are known and the media circus loses interest, I hope he is remembered for his musical talent and good deeds.....

"The Millennium-Issue of the “Guinness Book Of Records” names Michael as the “Pop Star who supports the most charity organizations”, according to JacksonAction.com, which has an extensive timeline of Jackson’s charity work"
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Nomad;1214502 wrote: It was a touching memorial. I was moved by the loving spirit of the ones that knew and loved him. He reached many peoples hearts. The service was very beautiful. I was blown away by the English kid they brought in to sing. Apparently he was going to join the new tour in the London location. Hes a winner or finalist of Londons Got Talent ???

YouTube - Shaheen Jafargholi - Britain's Got Talent - Show 2

Michael had soul. It poured out of him. His younger days are the ones that still amaze me.

I know many hate him because they believe the accusations of molestation on a minor, but Ive decided I cant make that kind of judgement on him. I wasnt there, I dont know if its true or not.

As Rev. Sharpton said to Michaels children "your father wasnt strange but what he had to learn to deal with was"

I still believe in innocence. Clearly he loved children and his children loved him. Maybe he was a child himself. Maybe he needed to heal by giving children what he needed but never got. I dont know. I read an article in Esquire and the last paragraph addressed his inability to love himself.

Yes he is amazing isnt he:) he was a finalist in Britains got Talent;)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Bez

Post by Bez »

YouTube - Shaheen Jafargholi Sings Michael Jackson song Who's loving you

Shaheen Jafargholi :-4
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Michael Jackson was a terrible litterbug. I still keep finding single gloves on the streets and parking lots. What I wanna know is, who keeps losing single shoes? I find lots of those too.:confused:
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Victoria;1214507 wrote: I thought it was a circus.

I only saw highlights because they were on the news at 10.

I would no more want to gate crash this mans funeral than I would dare to do so at that of any other person.

It seems a morbid outpouring of mass hysteria.

Your entitled to your opinion Victoria but how you can say the service was a circus when you didnt even watch it is beyond me :thinking:

It was on at 3am here and I watched all of it and thought it was very dignified and moving........
FOC THREAD PART 1
theia

Post by theia »

Nomad;1214502 wrote: It was a touching memorial. I was moved by the loving spirit of the ones that knew and loved him. He reached many peoples hearts. The service was very beautiful. I was blown away by the English kid they brought in to sing. Apparently he was going to join the new tour in the London location. Hes a winner or finalist of Londons Got Talent ???

A beautifully written post, Nomad. You expressed everything I would have wanted to say

Thank you :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

theia;1214537 wrote: A beautifully written post, Nomad. You expressed everything I would have wanted to say

Thank you :-6

Hello you ! :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

At any rate theres no denying he made an impact while he was here. My sentiments exactly. No-one walked a mile in his shoes.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1214534 wrote: Michael Jackson was a terrible litterbug. I still keep finding single gloves on the streets and parking lots. What I wanna know is, who keeps losing single shoes? I find lots of those too.:confused: I think he's English your Hoppiness. He travels much. Most motorways and roads i drive down, he's been there throwing his one shoe out of car windows.
theia

Post by theia »

Nomad;1214548 wrote: Hello you ! :-6

Hello you, too, Nomad!

Really good to see you :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

theia;1214594 wrote: Hello you, too, Nomad!

Really good to see you :-6

Im sending you a bill for unauthorized use of my thoughts.

Good to see you too punkin. :-4
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

theia a blast from the past long time no see. :D

[QUOTE]Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad

Hello you !

Hello you, too, Nomad!

Really good to see you [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

theia

Post by theia »

Nomad;1214597 wrote: Im sending you a bill for unauthorized use of my thoughts.

Good to see you too punkin. :-4

I'll try to pay, I promise I'll try to pay, milud. I may be an overworked, underpaid woman of sparse means but I always pay me bills...honest, sir :-1

:-4
Peg

Post by Peg »

After seeing clips of the memorial, I'm glad I didn't watch it at work. That clip of his daughter gets me every time.
theia

Post by theia »

CARLA;1214609 wrote: theia a blast from the past long time no see. :D

Hello Carla :-6

I'm having a rare day off from work today and its good to be here...feels like I'm going back to my roots :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Peg;1214613 wrote: After seeing clips of the memorial, I'm glad I didn't watch it at work. That clip of his daughter gets me every time.
It just go's to show that it matters not if your father is biologically your father or not.
Bez

Post by Bez »

theia;1214615 wrote: Hello Carla :-6

I'm having a rare day off from work today and its good to be here...feels like I'm going back to my roots :wah:

Good to see you Theia.....you're really missed :mad:
Bez

Post by Bez »

News - Jackson's Kids in Better Spirits at Post-Memorial Reception | Usmagazine.com :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1214613 wrote: After seeing clips of the memorial, I'm glad I didn't watch it at work. That clip of his daughter gets me every time.

I had seen it several times as I had taped several different shows yesterday, proves just how much she loved her daddy.:-4
theia

Post by theia »

Bez;1214650 wrote: Good to see you Theia.....you're really missed :mad:

So good to see you, Bez..its like the old times :-4

Thanks for posting the MJ article...I really feel for those children but it seems as if they have a huge extended family around them for support...

how are your grandchildren?
Bez

Post by Bez »

theia;1214676 wrote: So good to see you, Bez..its like the old times :-4

Thanks for posting the MJ article...I really feel for those children but it seems as if they have a huge extended family around them for support...

how are your grandchildren?

I have 9 now the youngest being 7 days old....her name is Ruby xxx
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

oscar;1214616 wrote: It just go's to show that it matters not if your father is biologically your father or not.

Ok now i'm confused again. I thought he (Michael Jackson) said in an interview that the kids were his biologically :thinking:
Oscar Namechange

buttercup;1214690 wrote: Ok now i'm confused again. I thought he (Michael Jackson) said in an interview that the kids were his biologically :thinking: Yes he did say that BC in interview but some twerp has come out of the woodwork since and the tabloids have printed that the mother used a sperm whale.... sorry..... i meant donor.

No-one knows the truth now but i must say the youngest boy does look alot like him.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

theia;1214610 wrote: I'll try to pay, I promise I'll try to pay, milud. I may be an overworked, underpaid woman of sparse means but I always pay me bills...honest, sir :-1

:-4

Tell ya what...give the Boopster back her sweater and we can call it even.
I AM AWESOME MAN
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

" If you hear a "loud rumble" tonight in the sky, don't worry.

It's not thunder.

It's Elvis beatin' the crap out of Michael Jackson for marrying his daughter . . . "
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

hoppy;1215012 wrote: " If you hear a "loud rumble" tonight in the sky, don't worry.

It's not thunder.

It's Elvis beatin' the crap out of Michael Jackson for marrying his daughter . . . "

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I agree. I loved his music. I loved his music even after the child molestion trial.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Oscar Namechange

nvalleyvee;1215229 wrote: Michael had soul. It poured out of him. His younger days are the ones that still amaze me.

I agree. I loved his music. I loved his music even after the child molestion trial.
Ditto.

Some genious never dies. you can look at atrtistes from 25 yrs ago and they are dated. watch MJ dance in Thriller and it's still genious now and still will be in another 50 yrs.

Return to “General Chit Chat”