Apple

Testing 1,2,3. This is the place to try out posting, uploading, adding a signature, and all that!
G-man

Apple

Post by G-man »

/Macintosh

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Oscar Namechange

Apple

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Tree
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G-man

Apple

Post by G-man »

Seed

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Kathy Ellen

Apple

Post by Kathy Ellen »

applesauce

Do we know how to derail a thread or what:yh_rotfl

chonsigirl

Apple

Post by chonsigirl »

apple pie
Betty Boop

Apple

Post by Betty Boop »

of my eye
Odie

Apple

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1191324 wrote: of my eye

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

fruit:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

turnovers:-4 (heated of course)
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

Strudel
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
CARLA

Apple

Post by CARLA »

Blossom..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

butter
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

Fritters
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
CARLA

Apple

Post by CARLA »

Core..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

Jewish cake:-4
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1191437 wrote: Jewish cake:-4:yh_rotflwhat with apple in:D;):-4
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

Juice:-4
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1191432 wrote: butterSend me some apple butter over:D
qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1191438 wrote: :yh_rotflwhat with apple in:D;):-4

Yes, it's delish:-4 Serve it with vanilla ice cream. You'll be a happy camper...look it up on one of your foodie websites.
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1191442 wrote: Yes, it's delish:-4 Serve it with vanilla ice cream. You'll be a happy camper...look it up on one of your foodie websites.Ok....Gefilte Fish Balls....I put some apple in mine:D
CARLA

Apple

Post by CARLA »

Apple cinnamon yogurt. ;)

I love apple butter on toast, pancakes, muffins Yummmie..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1191441 wrote: Send me some apple butter over:D

I should..remind me tomorrow. Going shopping. Polaner's is a good choice. They do make homemade over at the local garden place...its really good.:-4
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

CARLA;1191446 wrote: Apple cinnamon yogurt. ;)

I love apple butter on toast, pancakes, muffins Yummmie..!!Whats Apple Butter Carla....we dont have it over her:-3
qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1191446 wrote: Apple cinnamon yogurt. ;)

I love apple butter on toast, pancakes, muffins Yummmie..!!

I know it is to die for especially when it's homemade.:-4
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1191447 wrote: I should..remind me tomorrow. Going shopping. Polaner's is a good choice. They do make homemade over at the local garden place...its really good.:-4Hows it made??
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

Ere we go......another bleedin recipe thread:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflG will be happy:yh_rotfl;)
qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1191452 wrote: Ere we go......another bleedin recipe thread:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflG will be happy:yh_rotfl;)

I've never made it...but it's really yummy.

Apple (the kid of Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris from Cold Play)
CARLA

Apple

Post by CARLA »

It comes in a jar like jam..!!

[QUOTE]Apple butter

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Making black butter in JerseyApple butter is a highly concentrated form of apple sauce, produced by long, slow cooking of apples with cider or water to a point where the sugar in the apples caramelizes, turning the apple butter a deep brown. The concentration of sugar gives apple butter a much longer shelf life as a preserve than applesauce. Apple butter was a popular way of using apples in colonial America, and well into the 19th century. There is no dairy butter involved in the product; the term "butter" refers only to the thick, soft consistency, and apple butter's use as a spread for breads. Typically seasoned with cinnamon, cloves and other spices, apple butter may be spread on buttered toast, used as a side dish, an ingredient in baked goods, or as a condiment. Apple Butter has also been known to be mixed with vinegar while cooking to provide a small amount of tartness to the usually sweet apple butter. The Pennsylvania Dutch often include apple butter as part of their traditional seven sweets and seven sours dinner table array.

In areas of the American South, the production of apple butter is a family event, due to the large amount of labor necessary to produce apple butter in large quantities. Apple butter is also used on a sandwich to add an interesting flavor, but is not as commonly used as in historical times. Traditionally apple butter was and is prepared in large copper kettles outside. Large paddles are used to stir the apples and family members would take turns stirring.

In Appalachia, apple butter was the only type of fruit preserve normally rendered into fruit leather.

Apple Butter Makin' Days has been held on the courthouse square in Mount Vernon, Missouri each October since 1967. Apple butter is cooked using century-old methods in huge copper kettles over open fires all day long. [1] Similar events take place in various locations across the United States, usually in the late fall season.

[/QUOTE]

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

CARLA;1191459 wrote: It comes in a jar like jam..!!
Thanks for that Carla;):D
qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

A nice jar of apple butter for Carolly...

Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1191464 wrote: A nice jar of apple butter for Carolly...

Ahhhh....I bet that is so nice....you guys over there seem to have alot of different grub to what we do:(
Carolly

Apple

Post by Carolly »

Crumble:D
Nomad

Apple

Post by Nomad »

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Apple

Post by CARLA »

:-3 Apples Nomie Apples..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1191648 wrote: :-3 Apples Nomie Apples..!!

Maybe he meant Apple & Costello meet Frankenpear:wah:
Nomad

Apple

Post by Nomad »

Isaac Newton

Fig Newtons

Theyre ooey gooey rich and chewy on the inside.....golden flaky rich and caky on the outside...and if you wrap the inside with the outside you get a biiig fiiig neeewton
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Apple

Post by qsducks »

Apple Newtons

Return to “Test Forum”