Feds to Steal People's Land for Memorial

Discuss the latest political news.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

National Park Service officials said they will begin taking land for the Flight 93 memorial in Somerset County from property owners because negotiations have been unsuccessful. The service said it will condemn about 500 acres still needed for the memorial to be built in time for the 10th anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks.

More.....

Any thoughts on this one?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Straight up abuse of imminent domain. What kind of memorial for 40 people requires 1500 acres?!?
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1185248 wrote: National Park Service officials said they will begin taking land for the Flight 93 memorial in Somerset County from property owners because negotiations have been unsuccessful. The service said it will condemn about 500 acres still needed for the memorial to be built in time for the 10th anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks.

More.....

Any thoughts on this one?

Accountable;1185279 wrote: Straight up abuse of imminent domain. What kind of memorial for 40 people requires 1500 acres?!?

A total disgrace...isn't it all farmland? And who is going to visit it? No desire on my end to go and see it.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Accountable;1185279 wrote: Straight up abuse of imminent domain. What kind of memorial for 40 people requires 1500 acres?!?

Yup, I agree.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

chonsigirl;1185486 wrote: Yup, I agree.

It seems to be normal to misuse land. In my state we convert rich, black farmland into soccer and little league complexes. I argued with our newspaper editor that sports fields could be built on poor land instead of the best crop land. He said crops can now be grown on poor land with the chemicals we have today. What do I know, I didn't go to college. :confused:

Return to “Current Political Events”