A Pool Pirate

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Rapunzel

A Pool Pirate

Post by Rapunzel »

Today we took two classes of year 5 kids swimming. 54 kids in total. They all start off in the little pool which is 2 feet deep at either end and 2 feet 6 inches deep in the middle. A few years ago, apparently, they used to ask the kids whether they could swim or not.....and then believed the answers! :yh_rotfl That was......until one little girl said "Yes Miss, I'm a great swimmer" and promptly jumped in the deep end and sank like a stone! Yoikes! :-3 :wah:

So today, as it was the first of 10 lessons, all the kids were assessed. The first bunch jumped in the little pool and splashed around for 2 minutes.........before finding a present left behind by one of the group of toddlers who had been in the pool prior to our lesson! :lips: A lone pirate sailing nonchalently across the middle of the pool! Ewwwwwwww........ :thinking:

Everyone had to be hurried out of the pool while it was 'flushed' and chemically decontaminated. The swimming staff were great and assessed the kids in the shallow end of the big pool instead (the main pool) and the kids themselves were really well behaved (including the 3 autistic children we had with us).

Also, what a lovely day its been too. In fact, its been a glorious week. Every day I've been out in the sun with the kids playing cricket and I've been sitting out teaching some lessons too. Today I was teaching a narrative approach lesson and playing a game as part of the lesson and the kids were just having the best time and laughing and running around and finding things. God, I love my job and this weather just makes it SO great. We have fun AND I'm getting paid for it! How cool is that? :D
OpenMind

A Pool Pirate

Post by OpenMind »

Rapunzel;1179269 wrote: Today we took two classes of year 5 kids swimming. 54 kids in total. They all start off in the little pool which is 2 feet deep at either end and 2 feet 6 inches deep in the middle. A few years ago, apparently, they used to ask the kids whether they could swim or not.....and then believed the answers! :yh_rotfl That was......until one little girl said "Yes Miss, I'm a great swimmer" and promptly jumped in the deep end and sank like a stone! Yoikes! :-3 :wah:

So today, as it was the first of 10 lessons, all the kids were assessed. The first bunch jumped in the little pool and splashed around for 2 minutes.........before finding a present left behind by one of the group of toddlers who had been in the pool prior to our lesson! :lips: A lone pirate sailing nonchalently across the middle of the pool! Ewwwwwwww........ :thinking:

Everyone had to be hurried out of the pool while it was 'flushed' and chemically decontaminated. The swimming staff were great and assessed the kids in the shallow end of the big pool instead (the main pool) and the kids themselves were really well behaved (including the 3 autistic children we had with us).

Also, what a lovely day its been too. In fact, its been a glorious week. Every day I've been out in the sun with the kids playing cricket and I've been sitting out teaching some lessons too. Today I was teaching a narrative approach lesson and playing a game as part of the lesson and the kids were just having the best time and laughing and running around and finding things. God, I love my job and this weather just makes it SO great. We have fun AND I'm getting paid for it! How cool is that? :D

Dunno. Did you forget your thermometer?:-3
along-for-the-ride

A Pool Pirate

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I couldn't resist slipping in a bit of humor. Hope you don't mind. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”