Pdf

Nomad

Pdf

Post by Nomad »

Im wondering if someone can help me with a problem Im having.

My bro in law designed business cards for me.

He sent 5 cards in PDF format and 1 in a jpeg image. The jpeg image has poor resolution and I dont know how to upload 1 of the PDF cards onto the blank template at the site Im using to print the cards. (Vista Print)

Laymans terms would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Nomad. :)
I AM AWESOME MAN
along-for-the-ride

Pdf

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I wish I could help, Nomie. I know when I print cards I use the Printmaster CD and this guides me through the procedures.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bryn Mawr

Pdf

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad;1178289 wrote: Im wondering if someone can help me with a problem Im having.

He sent 5 cards in PDF format and 1 in a jpeg image. The jpeg image has poor resolution and I dont know how to upload 1 of the PDF cards onto the blank template at the site Im using to print the cards. (Vista Print)

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, that's too dependant on the template and the software that the site are using.
G-man

Pdf

Post by G-man »

Nomad;1178289 wrote: Im wondering if someone can help me with a problem Im having.

Thank you in advance.

I've never used Vista Print... quite frankly, I've always done my own design work and sent it to a local printer I trust. Images you use should be 300 dpi at 100% of the final print size (I'd never use .jpg file formats, btw) and you'll want to download the PDF template and drop in your design to ensure that it aligns, colors match... and then submit the PDF back to them.

I'm certain that Vista Print provides some sort of support service for this sort of thing.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

CARLA

Pdf

Post by CARLA »

I went to the site it seem pretty straight forward. First you have to save the PDF to your desktop so you can upload it to "VistaPrint site". I tried it with a picture uploaded fine then you just follow the instruction for the rest of the card you can create a back for a price.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Pdf

Post by Nomad »

Thanks guys. I got it. Im not as much of a retard as I sound like.

Well ok yes I am. Whatever !

Next project is Meta Tags and CSS's and Java Scripts. I dont know what they are but I will destroy the internet before I give up.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Pdf

Post by Nomad »

Not too bad eh ?

This is jpeg so its not real crisp.

I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Pdf

Post by CARLA »

Sweet Nomad I like it very much. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

G-man

Pdf

Post by G-man »

Nomad;1178634 wrote: Not too bad eh ?

Not too bad... it's best to keep the color scheme simple as it's generally easier to design with fewer colors and keep it looking professional. The only thing I might consider tweaking is to make sure that the alignment is consistent all over (the right side is aligned all the way to the right of the letter "d" in Served... so the left should be aligned all the way out to the top of the letter "T" in Twin to be centered precisely). I also like this business card better than the website so far.

It's good that you're using divs instead of tables, with META tags it's more important to limit the keywords to words that are used frequently in the body text of each page. Gone are the days when you could toss in every keyword you could fit into your META tags to attract traffic and maintain a high page rank. Make use of header tags as they are given more prominence as far as SEO is concerned than strong tags. Also, speaking of SEO... be sure to take advantage of div names and images by using descriptive keywords. I noticed a typo and some weird text spacing as well, by the way. Correcting little nitpicky things like that will help your ranking and won't turn off potential clients.

Are you aware that your personal info is exposed here, Nomad? I noticed you removed some personal info from your businesscard, but if anyone types that address in all of that hidden info is exposed.

Nomad

Pdf

Post by Nomad »

Oh.
I AM AWESOME MAN
YZGI

Pdf

Post by YZGI »

Nomad;1178634 wrote: Not too bad eh ?

Holy crap! Don't you dare ever knock on my door..:D
G-man

Pdf

Post by G-man »

Nomad;1179133 wrote: Oh.
Yeah, I know... I often have that effect on folks. I have no shut-off valve when it's a topic that I'm passionate about. :wah:

YZGI;1179146 wrote: Holy crap! Don't you dare ever knock on my door..:D
I don't mind if anyone makes it past the gate and the guard dogs to knock on my door, just know that I'm probably standing behind it with a loaded gun, though. :D

Týr

Pdf

Post by Týr »

jainteq;1424605 wrote: Basic CSS and HTML are easy to learn, why cant you try ?

1. If someone's time is profitable at their own job, why should they divert chargeable hours into picking up skills that pay less? It's cheaper to hire a technician.

2. The required completion date might be sooner than the learning curve would allow one to DIY.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”