I know I deserve better treatment

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
princessladedah

Post by princessladedah »

Im in a relationship for over a year, I get stuck with all the crap,chores around the house, he has the attitude of he is just to good to do them, I have tried to talk to him,but it doesnt work. Lately he just sits and watches tv and drinks beer,and i dont like this anymore
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

princessladedah;1177633 wrote: Im in a relationship for over a year, I get stuck with all the crap,chores around the house, he has the attitude of he is just to good to do them, I have tried to talk to him,but it doesnt work. Lately he just sits and watches tv and drinks beer,and i dont like this anymore

Have him move in with his drinking buddies across the street. Don't pick up his underwear for a week, socks, etc, stop doing his laundry, make him make his own meals, etc. Just some suggestions....my hubs helps out with cooking and laundry.
Odie

Post by Odie »

princessladedah;1177633 wrote: Im in a relationship for over a year, I get stuck with all the crap,chores around the house, he has the attitude of he is just to good to do them, I have tried to talk to him,but it doesnt work. Lately he just sits and watches tv and drinks beer,and i dont like this anymore

perhaps this relationship is just no good anymore?
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Dump him
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

qsducks;1177638 wrote: Have him move in with his drinking buddies across the street. Don't pick up his underwear for a week, socks, etc, stop doing his laundry, make him make his own meals, etc. Just some suggestions....my hubs helps out with cooking and laundry.

Sorry, none of this will work. It is the way he is and you cannot change this.

It has only been a year, cut your losses and get out while you still have the strength to do so and before 1 year becomes 2, then 5 then 10 and you become just to tired to even fight about it anymore.

You believe that you deserve better than you know that you do, why sell yourself short for the sake of being in a relationship. If this is how it is now, then it can only get worse. Get out while you can.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I agree with everyone above. You DO deserve better. Pack his bags for him and change the locks. You go girl. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1177723 wrote: Sorry, none of this will work. It is the way he is and you cannot change this.

It has only been a year, cut your losses and get out while you still have the strength to do so and before 1 year becomes 2, then 5 then 10 and you become just to tired to even fight about it anymore.

You believe that you deserve better than you know that you do, why sell yourself short for the sake of being in a relationship. If this is how it is now, then it can only get worse. Get out while you can.

I agree Mikeinie, none of that will work...he likes his booze & booze buddies....... if he hasn't stopped by now for her.......he never will;)

she does deserve better in so many ways.
Life is just to short for drama.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

are you saying you dont like beer anymore ..try some rose wine whilst you watch the sports together ...... there you go cupid jimbo solves love problems once again no need to thank me its all in a days work for a super hero like me :-6:-6:D
G-man

Post by G-man »

You're right, you deserve better.

Odie;1177641 wrote: perhaps this relationship is just no good anymore?

Perhaps? :rolleyes: :p

Lon;1177718 wrote: Dump him

mikeinie;1177723 wrote: Sorry, none of this will work. It is the way he is and you cannot change this.

Rapunzel;1177751 wrote: I agree with everyone above. You DO deserve better. Pack his bags for him and change the locks. You go girl. :)

I agree with all of that, but the packing his bags part... he can pack his OWN DAMN bags! :D

farmer giles;1177908 wrote: are you saying you dont like beer anymore ..try some rose wine whilst you watch the sports together ...... there you go cupid jimbo solves love problems once again no need to thank me its all in a days work for a super hero like me :-6:-6:D

:yh_rotfl

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

weeder

Post by weeder »

Since you know you deserve better... your 75% there. What are you waiting for? Get going.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Peg

Post by Peg »

The title and "and i dont like this anymore" speaks volumes. Why ARE you allowing it?
laneybug

Post by laneybug »

Why waste another minute of your life?
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Lifes to short .

You know what you need to do,good luck:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
princessladedah

Post by princessladedah »

I put him on my lease, I am however listed as head of household, I found out today .
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Change the lease and get him out you deserve better you said it yourself.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Princess I'm at the arse end of all this bullshit ......save yourself the trouble. Just get rid of him.......please . You won't thank me because you would have saved yourself and not had to go through what I've been through . It's not worth it truelly .

Return to “Mental Health”