Bruised rib question

chonsigirl

Bruised rib question

Post by chonsigirl »

I got a whallop of an illegal kick tonight at sparring. :p

Right in the lower back left ribs below the kicking shield. I don't think there is anything broken, I can breath just fine. Any advice on what to do, it hurts alot.

*I stopped the match, went on to one more, where the teenage boy started heavy kicking-gosh, they are all hyper about an upcoming tournament and went full force, I said "light contact" which were the instructions the master gave us, heard me, got on his case, but I was already hurting from the previous match*

Needless to say, I will not go in the sparring category at the tournament. :wah:

(yes, the master wants me to-not at my age! I want to live to be a grandmother)
Odie

Bruised rib question

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1168905 wrote: I got a whallop of an illegal kick tonight at sparring. :p

Right in the lower back left ribs below the kicking shield. I don't think there is anything broken, I can breath just fine. Any advice on what to do, it hurts alot.

*I stopped the match, went on to one more, where the teenage boy started heavy kicking-gosh, they are all hyper about an upcoming tournament and went full force, I said "light contact" which were the instructions the master gave us, heard me, got on his case, but I was already hurting from the previous match*

Needless to say, I will not go in the sparring category at the tournament. :wah:

(yes, the master wants me to-not at my age! I want to live to be a grandmother)

omg, ouch!

perhaps some should not be there!:-5:-5

Take some ibruphonen every 4 hours for the swelling.

Ice the area for 15 minutes only with a bag of frozen peas, every few hours.

I would definitely have your doctor take an x-ray, just in case.

never say nothing is broken/cracked, always have it checked.......hubs once cracked his wrist...by the time he checked it out a year later......it has arthritis now.

so please bunnygirl, see a doctor!:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Bruised rib question

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, if it hurts still in the morning, my doctor is in on Saturday. I shall tote down and see him, just in case. Thank you Odie. :-4
Odie

Bruised rib question

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1168943 wrote: Ah, if it hurts still in the morning, my doctor is in on Saturday. I shall tote down and see him, just in case. Thank you Odie. :-4

even if it doesn't hurt....tote on down!:-5:-5:-4
qsducks

Bruised rib question

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1168946 wrote: even if it doesn't hurt....tote on down!:-5:-5:-4

Yes, chons, tote on over. I broke a rib about 2 yrs ago and it took awhile to heal. MIne was in the front, so I felt it every time.:(.

My left arm has been aching all day...due to the rain. I never broke it, but I did sprain it. This always happens with crap weather.:mad:
chonsigirl

Bruised rib question

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, I am sorry your arm hurts QS. I am just sitting here hurting from that kick, luckily I have a week off for spring break to feel better. Yeah, I am going to do my errands early, doctor opens at 9, I shall go see him.
qsducks

Bruised rib question

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1169026 wrote: Ah, I am sorry your arm hurts QS. I am just sitting here hurting from that kick, luckily I have a week off for spring break to feel better. Yeah, I am going to do my errands early, doctor opens at 9, I shall go see him.

Yeah, blame the weather.
CARLA

Bruised rib question

Post by CARLA »

Yes Chonsi you need to see the doctor hopefully everything is all right and he will give some pain medication. I bruised my ribs and it was so very painful for a long time. I went and had a X-ray to make sure it was just a bruised rib better safe then sorry. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Bruised rib question

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1169026 wrote: Ah, I am sorry your arm hurts QS. I am just sitting here hurting from that kick, luckily I have a week off for spring break to feel better. Yeah, I am going to do my errands early, doctor opens at 9, I shall go see him.

wonderful, you made my day!
mrsK

Bruised rib question

Post by mrsK »

chonsigirl;1168943 wrote: Ah, if it hurts still in the morning, my doctor is in on Saturday. I shall tote down and see him, just in case. Thank you Odie. :-4

Won't hurt to have it checked Chons.

Hope it feels better:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Patsy Warnick

Bruised rib question

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Chrons

Monitor your pain & discomfort and monitor your breathing

Check for blood in your Urine - etc.

If your pain increases - gets to be too much in your normal comforty postion and/or your breathing becomes laboring

Get to the Hosp

There's not much that can be done with cracked/broken ribs - it's serious due to the Rib could / will puncture..

Now I'll worry - keep us posted please..

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Bruised rib question

Post by Patsy Warnick »

ALSO

Fever - chills - sweats - feel sick to your stomach - indigestion - don't excuse that.

Monitor yourself please

You may thinks it's a Rib issue / Pain - you don't want a bruised / injured Kidney or Spleen..

If all is OK - than great - we hope so..

Patsy
OpenMind

Bruised rib question

Post by OpenMind »

Hope everything is ok but let us know either way, won't you. Fingers crossed there's no serious damage.
Clodhopper

Bruised rib question

Post by Clodhopper »

Is this Taekwondo?

One of my closest friends just lost a tooth sparring...big forces involved!

Hope all is ok.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Odie

Bruised rib question

Post by Odie »

so, how are you this morning and what did your doctor say?
chonsigirl

Bruised rib question

Post by chonsigirl »

The kind little old doctor said they were bruised, but to stop back in next week for him to check how it is going. He gave me that look over the rim of his glasses, like I better be there, and asked what was I doing in a sparring ring at my age! :wah:

They actually hurt worse this morning, he said it would, as the muscles around the ribcage at that point have to loosen up.

Ghads Clodhopper, that is my one fear, to get a kick to the face. I only spar because of belt testing. I will not enter sparring for the Tournament, just breaking and forms.
Odie

Bruised rib question

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1169211 wrote: The kind little old doctor said they were bruised, but to stop back in next week for him to check how it is going. He gave me that look over the rim of his glasses, like I better be there, and asked what was I doing in a sparring ring at my age! :wah:

They actually hurt worse this morning, he said it would, as the muscles around the ribcage at that point have to loosen up.

Ghads Clodhopper, that is my one fear, to get a kick to the face. I only spar because of belt testing. I will not enter sparring for the Tournament, just breaking and forms.

oh wonderful, nothing is cracked or broken!:guitarist:guitarist

Oh yeah, everything hurts more the day after, everything tightens up and swells!
CARLA

Bruised rib question

Post by CARLA »

Good new Chonsi so glad you went. It will hurt really bad for a few days unfortunately. Laughing, coughing, heaven forbid you sneeze OUCH..!! :lips:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Bruised rib question

Post by Odie »

no laughing bunny girl!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Bruised rib question

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: That's true, it hurts to laugh. Luckily no allergies, so no sneezing yet...........if it would only get me out of doing the dishes for a few weeks......
OpenMind

Bruised rib question

Post by OpenMind »

He gave me that look over the rim of his glasses, like I better be there, and asked what was I doing in a sparring ring at my age!

That's doctors for you. They have no idea. They're too qualified. Too much paperwork.

:wah:

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”