FG is great :)

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Themis, I think the reason there are not very many people here is because, in the first place, there are not many people who are like us. Here, people interact virtually as though we are a part of an extended family. This is what makes this place unique.

On a lot forums I looked at before finding FG, I found it hard to join in with the members' self-gratification and their aggressiveness towards others. Here, we can actually have a discussion on a topic or subject and if it is derailed, it is more likely to be with shared jokes and gags, etc.
abbey

Post by abbey »

So, is this yet another Goodbye thread Ian?

Take care, see you soon.:-6
abbey

Post by abbey »

Themis;1148221 wrote:

As for the "Goodbye thread"

I have nobody to say goodbye to....That's sad. :(
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Themis;1148221 wrote: I did put my request in friday.. I don't know why it's taking so long?

As for the "Goodbye thread"

I have nobody to say goodbye to....

Another day.......Another username :-4
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Themis;1148235 wrote: No not this time chezzie.. I'm too passionate and sensitive for forums.. I dont think I've done to bad on FG it is the only forum I've ever used...

and I haven't the communication skills to express myself, I do have other avenues with more like minded people but I wanted to make this my home so to speak, I could put videos here and info etc..... Anyway... I can still read some of the members posts member or not...

Bet you a crunchie and a muffin (double choc chip) that you will not leave FG. You like it too much Themis.:D
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Jester;1148273 wrote: Scholle- This non jester sees an issue and is trying to fix it, thats all.
i've seen you teasing and I've seen you serious like when your talking about your beliefs I've seen you sorta flirting with one of the other members and I've seen you kind of ticked off but this was the first time I seen you going after detail for detail.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Themis;1148207 wrote:

But let me tell you one thing that I cant understand... why isn't the board busier?

we seem to have mainly the same people on the board as two years ago except most are now mods who dont hardly post here..

have you even seen all of our newcomers?..........guess not, because you never welcome them.

still haven't gone onto the threads to see our mods post eh?

you really should venture outside of yourself.
Life is just to short for drama.
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Jester;1148303 wrote: I get that way with injustice. Bothers me.

But lest I'm misunderstood, I do think FG is great, it is the best forum on the web, the mods do an outstanding job, and the members (supporting are not) are unique.

It's why I like it here so much.

I already liked it here and then learning all that info about how the

'back office' works just made it that much more likable .IMO
Odie

Post by Odie »

we have a back office?:sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
spot

Post by spot »

Themis;1148221 wrote: I did put my request in friday.. I don't know why it's taking so long?Is *that* what all the histrionics have been about this week?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1148323 wrote: we have a back office?:sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Do not adulterate the word 'office' here.:lips::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Swimming maggie

Post by Swimming maggie »

Odie;1148298 wrote: have you even seen all of our newcomers?..........guess not, because you never welcome them.

still haven't gone onto the threads to see our mods post eh?

you really should venture outside of yourself.

yeah, here is one newcomer you haven't welcomed :confused:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Swimming maggie;1148363 wrote: yeah, here is one newcomer you haven't welcomed :confused:

what you need to do is intoduce yourself so we can all welcome you.

click on forums.......and you will see introductions.;)

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

This is reminder that forums are not chat rooms. You will not necessarily see immediate responses to your threads. ;)

Themis, you are welcome to book a room at The Forum Garden Hotel and have a thread of your own. You can post your own thoughts and videos, and you may have visitors. :) I would like to extend this invitation to any other member who has not booked a room yet. It's true that you won't be on the front page of Forum Garden, but you can still express yourself.

Now, I must go. I see a Newbie on this thread who needs a welcome mat. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Swimming maggie;1148363 wrote: yeah, here is one newcomer you haven't welcomed :confused:

I do welcome you to the Forum, swimming maggie.

Here's a welcome mat for you. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Swimming maggie

Odie;1148390 wrote: what you need to do is intoduce yourself so we can all welcome you.

click on forums.......and you will see introductions.;)

O.k you got me there, but being new I wasn't sure how to do that. :confused:
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

Swimming maggie;1148475 wrote: O.k you got me there, but being new I wasn't sure how to do that. :confused:

You could have just asked me mother :wah:

Welcome to FG by the way ;)
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
Swimming maggie

Hamster;1148478 wrote: You could have just asked me mother :wah:

Welcome to FG by the way ;)

Thanks for the welcome, and I am asking you now, better late than never.:driving:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Swimming maggie;1148480 wrote: Thanks for the welcome, and I am asking you now, better late than never.:driving:

That's right. How are we supposed to know who you are if you don't introduce yourself.:yh_rotfl
Swimming maggie

OpenMind;1148485 wrote: That's right. How are we supposed to know who you are if you don't introduce yourself.:yh_rotfl

I did introduce myself to you, but for anyone else who is interested, I am Hamster's mum and the grandmother of Open Minds beautiful little daughter, that is my claim to fame. :-6
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Swimming maggie;1148487 wrote: I did introduce myself to you, but for anyone else who is interested, I am Hamster's mum and the grandmother of Open Minds beautiful little daughter, that is my claim to fame. :-6

That is quite right, Arabella's grandmother.

I wish, though, my Mum was still with us to see her. She would have loved her so much.
Swimming maggie

OpenMind;1148490 wrote: That is quite right, Arabella's grandmother.

I wish, though, my Mum was still with us to see her. She would have loved her so much.

I am sure she would, you couldn't help but love her, she is such a character. :wah:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Swimming maggie;1148495 wrote: I am sure she would, you couldn't help but love her, she is such a character. :wah:

You should have seen her last weekend. Her face was a picture.

We stood on the landing stage of the upper lake and two swans came right over to us. She was mesmerised.:-4
Swimming maggie

OpenMind;1148501 wrote: You should have seen her last weekend. Her face was a picture.

We stood on the landing stage of the upper lake and two swans came right over to us. She was mesmerised.:-4

Yes she was fascinated with the ducks at Bolton Abbey the other week, bless her.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Swimming maggie;1148505 wrote: Yes she was fascinated with the ducks at Bolton Abbey the other week, bless her.

Yes, I notice she's got 'duck' in her vocabulary now, bless her.

She spoke her name very well today too. I have photos of her on my wall and she points at them and says her name. Didn't do any writing today though. I like to print out her name and say it for her. She will then often go over to the paper, point at her name and say it.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

themis;1148736 wrote: the first expressions of a child i truly love.. A little being constructing itself in a wonderland of experiences.. What a bargain the universe really is.. It really is.

The moon in your arms, the sun in your smile, night and day, night and day.

:-6:-6:-6

Return to “People”