Teen Vanishes on Way to School

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
Peg

Post by Peg »

No Amber Alert has been issued.

FullStory

Last Friday the 13th was supposed to be a special day for 14-year-old Amber Leeanne DuBois. She left her home in Escondido, California, around 7 a.m. for school with a check in hand, a down payment on a baby lamb that she was going to raise and care for as part of her Future Farmers of America class.

It was a day that she'd been looking forward to for more than a year, her family says. But she never made it to school and hasn't been heard from since, prompting authorities to launch a massive search for the missing teen.

"She would not have given up that lamb for anything," her mother, Carrie McGonigle, said. "She's a wholesome kid. She doesn't run amok like most teenagers. She did not run away, I guarantee it."

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

This is close to home for me Peg she has been missing for over a week. Nothing has been found or are there clues so far. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Peg

Post by Peg »

Scary, isn't it?
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1142740 wrote: Scary, isn't it?

my god Peg, she has been been missing for 10 days now!:-1
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

"The more attention the better," Dubois said. "There's got to be someone out there who knows something."

Amber's family members say she would never run away, and they believe she was abducted. Police have said there is no strong evidence to support either theory.

ESCONDIDO: Bikers raise money to help search for missing Escondido teen : North County Times - Californian
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Have they looked to see if the check was cashed? I hope they find her.
minks

Post by minks »

how awful, I too hope she is found soon.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

Kudos to the bikers as well.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Odie

Post by Odie »

awesome things bikers do!

it's been 2 months now............someone has or had her.:-1
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

Missing teen's family pushes on after closing volunteer center - CNN.com

The parents of a California teen who disappeared on her way to school in February have closed the center that was the staging ground for search efforts, citing a lack of volunteers and a shift in direction. Loved ones say Amber Leeanne DuBois, 14, would never go anywhere without telling her parents or friends.

But the parents of 14-year-old Amber DuBois say the search will continue with a small group of dedicated volunteers.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

This is in the San Diego County area she just vanished no real strong leads in this case either. Every lead so far has gone no where. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

spot

Post by spot »

CARLA;1203800 wrote: This is in the San Diego County area she just vanished no real strong leads in this case either. Every lead so far has gone no where. :(

Would you like to comment on "There's no doubt that there is a very robust and vigorous human trafficking problem in that part of the country, in and around San Diego, near the border."?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

You are correct Spot that has been my feeling all along. They will find her body somewhere close the border is my guess, or she is long gone to some county. Mexico is a dangerous place these days if she is there and alive it would be a miracle.

[QUOTE]Would you like to comment on "There's no doubt that there is a very robust and vigorous human trafficking problem in that part of the country, in and around San Diego, near the border."?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

spot

Post by spot »

CARLA;1203802 wrote: You are correct Spot that has been my feeling all along. They will find her body somewhere close the border is my guess, or she is long gone to some county. Mexico is a dangerous place these days if she is there and alive it would be a miracle.

We tackled the policing of crime within city boundaries in the UK by deploying several million high definition CCTV police cameras. Would you approve that sort of mass routine background surveillance to provide more clues in cases like this?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Absolutely especially around schools, parks and even shopping malls. If the placement of a camera gives a criminal pause even for one second and doesn't commit the crime I'm all for it. There will be other who say its an invasion of privacy not when its in public places. Frankly I don't care if big brother is watching me I'm not doing anything wrong.

[QUOTE]We tackled the policing of crime within city boundaries in the UK by deploying several million high definition CCTV police cameras. Would you approve that sort of mass routine background surveillance to provide more clues in cases like this?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

tracy829

Post by tracy829 »

spot;1203797 wrote: Missing teen's family pushes on after closing volunteer center - CNN.com

The parents of a California teen who disappeared on her way to school in February have closed the center that was the staging ground for search efforts, citing a lack of volunteers and a shift in direction. Loved ones say Amber Leeanne DuBois, 14, would never go anywhere without telling her parents or friends.

But the parents of 14-year-old Amber DuBois say the search will continue with a small group of dedicated volunteers.

What the hell is wrong with people?? If it were their child missing would they give up searching?? I wish i lived in Cali cause i guarantee i would help search. BTW are there any updates???
deb_RTI

Post by deb_RTI »

I read about Amber in a People magazine, and recently, yesterday, I came across a post about her elsewhere. It makes me so mad that this innocent girl was just doing something very normal and then taken away just like that. I really hope the authorities find her one day. If it is a human trafficking ring, they will never find her. Let's pray for the best, even months later. :)
Deb

If our American way of life fails the child, it fails us all. ~Pearl S. Buck
spot

Post by spot »

I don't think you can really say she "was just doing something very normal and then taken away just like that". That's more than the police are prepared to suggest and they've spent a long time investigating.A reward for information about the whereabouts of missing Escondido 14-year-old Amber Dubois rose to $100,000 last week. At the request of the Escondido Police Department, the office of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger added $40,000 to an established reward. (San Diego Union-Tribune September 20, 2009)

A candlelight vigil will be held in Escondido tonight to mark the nine-month anniversary of Amber Dubois' disappearance. The vigil will start at 6:30 p.m. at Escondido City Hall, 201 N. Broadway, by the fountain. Amber was last seen walking toward Escondido High School the morning of Feb. 13. Despite massive search efforts and police investigation, officials do not know what happened to her. Her 15th birthday was last month. Police continue to classify Amber as an at-risk missing juvenile because they do not have enough evidence to suggest that she ran away or was abducted. (San Diego Union-Tribune November 13, 2009)

Return to “Missing Children”