Watch Ireland over the next week or two.

A forum to discuss local issues in Ireland.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Hello peeps. Greetings from liitle old Ireland. I am afriad the storm clouds are really starting to break over our heads at the moment; there is a lot of very bad news coming out of our banking sector again this week.

It seems that we may be holed below the water line in terms of our banking system, and unfortunately our government have been pursuing policies that will probably drag them down with the banks, as its seems there have been some very, very serious irregularities going on.

We are only a small country, so things like this mean we could be in significant difficulty as a nation, and the ordinary people here may be in for some serious consequences.

If your so inclined, say a little prayer for us, we are in a fair bit of trouble, its going to be a difficult time for us over here in the next while. :(
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Galbally;1138881 wrote: Hello peeps. Greetings from liitle old Ireland. I am afriad the storm clouds are really starting to break over our heads at the moment; there is a lot of very bad news coming out of our banking sector again this week.

It seems that we may be holed below the water line in terms of our banking system, and unfortunately our government have been pursuing policies that will probably drag them down with the banks, as its seems there have been some very, very serious irregularities going on.

We are only a small country, so things like this mean we could be in significant difficulty as a nation, and the ordinary people here may be in for some serious consequences.

If your so inclined, say a little prayer for us, we are in a fair bit of trouble, its going to be a difficult time for us over here in the next while. :(

Consider it done.....and good luck to lovely country. :-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
spot

Post by spot »

I do hope it clears or you'll all be falling back on subsistence farming with too little land and leaking sods on the cottage roof. If it comes to the worst shout "come down off the roof you daft sods, your meal's ready", that might keep you dry a while longer.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Dear Gal, we are all in this together, as you know. But of course I'll be putting in an extra prayer or two for some of the loveliest people on the planet.

In a couple of days/weeks I sort of expect to be putting out a similar request.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'm so sorry to hear this Galbally

This affects my whole family in Ireland. My rellys are visiting me next weekend for a day on their whirlwind trip to NY. They are lucky to get a good deal for a 4 day trip. That'll been their only vacation in years:(
spot

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1138911 wrote: They are lucky to get a good deal for a 4 day trip.I don't know what's wrong with my eyes[1] this morning, I thought that said "They are lucky to get a good meal for a 4 day trip".

[1] Though it may have to do with my mislaying my spectacles a month ago, I've seen neither hide nor hair of them since. I'm exploring the notion that mind-power can eventally repair faulty vision.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Thanks everyone, its nice to hear, to be honest we are all a little bit scared over here right now, not a very happy time for the Irish people.

Still, we'll get through it I am sure. We may act a little...erm....erratically for a while, but don't worry, we will be fine in the end, we have had it worse before.

Anyway, who can really tell what's coming down the line, its the way life is init? You just never know whats coming. :)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
spot

Post by spot »

Since you have such unprovoked trouble I grant you a boon: whatsoever you care to name as far as the wind dries and the rain moistens and the sun revolves and the sea encircles and the earth extends, save only my keyboard and my denim jacket and my multi head screwdriver and my box of sticky labels and my woolly hat and my quarterstaff and my girlfriend. By my oath you shall have it cheerfully, name what you will.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Galbally;1138881 wrote: Hello peeps. Greetings from liitle old Ireland. I am afriad the storm clouds are really starting to break over our heads at the moment; there is a lot of very bad news coming out of our banking sector again this week.

And to make matters wrose Waterford is filing for bankruptcy.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
gmc

Post by gmc »

Same here. we've just seen two of the oldest banks in the UK brought down by these idiots in the banks and the knock on effect on jobs is yet to be felt. The bankers responsible are walking away as if it had nothing to do with them. No one seems capable of admitting they were completely and utterly wrong in the way they went about things and the government does nothing because they were complicit in the whole thing.:-5:-5
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

we have lots of friends and family there, so sending lots of love and prayers and best wishes to everyone in my other favorite country! :yh_hugs

Return to “Ireland”