Yuck! (Not for the squeamish)!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

abbey

Post by abbey »

Surely, you'd think someone would have seen a finger in the chilli when they were serving it :confused:
cars

Post by cars »

That's why it always pays to get something that is easy to see the ingredients while you're eating it, like a salid, or chicken sandwich. Something "not" buried in some kind of dark sauce! :wah:

Cars :driving:
Cars :)
valerie

Post by valerie »

What I wonder about is the people where the chili was made... they have

an "industrial accident" apparently where a worker loses their finger, and

they not only don't find the finger... they don't throw out the entire

batch of what was being made at the time? HUH? Did they just casually

"Oh what the heck" and continue on? OR did the worker not even report

it? Hey, Boss, lost my finger in the meat grinder can I have the rest of the

day off?

:confused:
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

so did they fingerprint the offending member?? :D
abbey

Post by abbey »

Suppose it could've been worse, could've been a toe! :eek:
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

But who would you point the finger at for this tradgedy? Who is the #1 suspect? And could you really nail him. Maybe it's a whole ring of people. Man that person really has Wendy's under their thumb. You got to hand it to the guy, all he did was throw up. I think the pressure would have made me knuckle under. I see a law suit with at least 7 digits. I'm gonna index this sight for futur reference. I can't think of anything for pinky and cuticle, help me out here.
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

What...no picture? :yh_sick
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

lady cop wrote: so did they fingerprint the offending member?? :D
actually, yes, they did! they said the print was in remarkably good condition.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

anastrophe wrote: actually, yes, they did! they said the print was in remarkably good condition.it was probably a lot more cooperative than the usual suspects i have to print! :yh_bigsmi
Paula

Post by Paula »

cars wrote: That's why it always pays to get something that is easy to see the ingredients while you're eating it, like a salid, or chicken sandwich. Something "not" buried in some kind of dark sauce! :wah:

Cars, you are so funny, yet CORRECT. any toads? OMG. please help me STOP eating. :wah:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: it was probably a lot more cooperative than the usual suspects i have to print! :yh_bigsmibut messier, I'd bet...
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: but messier, I'd bet... Nah, it isn't likely to barf on me and fall down! :yh_sick :yh_drool
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Point taken! That's gross...I'd be making somebody clean that up with their own shirt...
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet

Post by Bullet »

:yh_questn Paula wrote: Cars, you are so funny, yet CORRECT. any toads? OMG. please help me STOP eating. :wah::yh_questn ...
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:eek: :eek: :eek: Just makes me gag..!! Yuck ...
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Gross!

:yh_sick
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

Wendy's new motto "finger licken good", "all our food is digitally mastered" :thinking:
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

26, 2005 at 08:03 AM EST

Authorities seek owner of finger

By DAN REED

Knight Ridder News

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Finding a finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili is a surprise. Hiring a lawyer after biting into it is not.

Anna Ayala, the 39-year-old Las Vegas woman who had the culinary misfortune of chomping on the tip of a human finger at a California Wendy's on Tuesday evening, told her newly retained lawyer she's still nauseous, off her feed and sleepless.

And she wants Wendy's to make it right.

"All I can say is she has suffered tremendously," Jeffrey Janoff, an attorney based in San Jose, Calif., said Friday. "People are making jokes about this, but this is a really serious thing. How many people have bitten into human flesh? It's revolting."

Revolting? Former fans of Wendy's cuisine seem to agree. The chain reports business is off sharply, especially at the San Jose, Calif., outlet that served the finger-added recipe, but also throughout Northern California, where the story has received intensive media coverage.

"These types of sales drops you don't recover from quickly," Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch said Friday. He declined to provide specifics.

Meanwhile, the hunt for the former owner of the finger -- that would be a person missing about an inch and a half of a digit -- continues. Capt. Bob Dixon of the Santa Clara County, Calif., coroner's office said Friday the crime lab has completed the first part of attempting to lift a usable fingerprint from it.

The idea, he said, is to run the print through a database and try to match it to its owner.

Then, one would imagine, there would be many, many questions. Such as, did you know we had your finger? Why was Wendy's serving your finger in its chili? Do you want your finger back?

Dixon also said that so far it's impossible to tell whether the finger was cooked along with the main batch of chili or somehow dropped into the serving cup afterward. The lab is going to try to determine if there's some kind of test to figure that out.

No one is suggesting it was a con, such as the old scams like putting a bug in food or a mouse in a soda bottle to try to get money.

For Ayala's part, she was repulsed by the suggestion that anyone would intentionally put the finger in the chili to try to scam the fast-food chain.

"That is very sick, sick, sick," she said. "It's disgusting. You're playing with the human race."

She still flinches at the memory of the cannibalistic mishap, which occurred when she was at the eatery preparing to drop off her in-laws after a trip to Mexico.

"It's a taste I have never tasted in my whole life," she said.

While the county continues to track the ingredients Wendy's used in its chili to find the source of the finger, the fast-food outfit's representatives said they believe it didn't come from them. "We contacted each one of our suppliers that provide ingredients for chili, and each one of them told us they have had no employee accidents involving the fingers or hand," said Denny Lynch.

cars

Post by cars »

Posted by lady cop:

Authorities seek owner of finger

By DAN REED

Knight Ridder News

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Finding a finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili is a surprise. Hiring a lawyer after biting into it is not.

Anna Ayala, the 39-year-old Las Vegas woman who had the culinary misfortune of chomping on the tip of a human finger at a California Wendy's on Tuesday evening, told her newly retained lawyer she's still nauseous, off her feed and sleepless.

While the county continues to track the ingredients Wendy's used in its chili to find the source of the finger, the fast-food outfit's representatives said they believe it didn't come from them. "We contacted each one of our suppliers that provide ingredients for chili, and each one of them told us they have had no employee accidents involving the fingers or hand," said Denny Lynch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Eventually someone will be able to put their Finger on it!!! :wah:

Cars :)

Return to “General Chit Chat”