How I truly see America

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
spot

How I truly see America

Post by spot »

There's one version of America that towers over the rest. I just found a very amateur video of it being recorded way way back. Rick Wakeman is awe-inspiring. The baseline's inspiring. The tempo's exact, restrained, deliberate. Nobody did it better than Yes, nobody came close. If anyone wants to find it on an album, it's the bonus track on Fragile. I found it when it first appeared on an Atlantic sampler back in the days when music was music and rock was real. That might be the best album I ever owned, just look at those tracks.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

How I truly see America

Post by gmc »

spot;1090049 wrote: There's one version of America that towers over the rest. I just found a very amateur video of it being recorded way way back. Rick Wakeman is awe-inspiring. The baseline's inspiring. The tempo's exact, restrained, deliberate. Nobody did it better than Yes, nobody came close. If anyone wants to find it on an album, it's the bonus track on Fragile. I found it when it first appeared on an Atlantic sampler back in the days when music was music and rock was real. That might be the best album I ever owned, just look at those tracks.

Nah, simon and garfunkel every time.
AussiePam

How I truly see America

Post by AussiePam »

One of my favourite songs, Fuzzy. And I'm a big Simon and Garfunkel fan. But, I must say, Spot's version totally bowled me over!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! What a great start to a sunny Sydney Sunday morning...

Edit

Stone the crows - dunno what I did, but now I've got both versions playing together and I can't stop either one... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! er.. ahhhhh... way to go.. .............
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

dubs

How I truly see America

Post by dubs »

A bit clearer version of the one Spot posted....Simon & Garfunkel..Pfft! It's in two parts.

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..

Return to “Music”