Discuss the latest political news.
G-man

FBI: Illinois Governor Sought To Sell Obama's Senate Seat

Post by G-man »

FBI: Illinois Governor Sought To "Sell" Obama's Senate Seat

Wanted President-Elect to "Put Something Together . . . Something Big"

By BRIAN ROSS

December 9, 2008

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich wanted President-elect Barack Obama "to put something together…something big" in exchange for going along with Obama's choice to fill his vacant U.S. Senate seat, according to a FBI affidavit unsealed following the governor's stunning arrest. Full story HERE.

"I've got this thing and it's f***in' golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for f***in' nothing. I'm not gonna do it. And I can always use it. I can parachute me there," Blagojevich said in a phone call secretly recorded by the FBI on Nov. 5, the day after the election, according to the affidavit.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

G-man;1083126 wrote: FBI: Illinois Governor Sought To "Sell" Obama's Senate Seat

Wanted President-Elect to "Put Something Together . . . Something Big"

By BRIAN ROSS

December 9, 2008

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich wanted President-elect Barack Obama "to put something together…something big" in exchange for going along with Obama's choice to fill his vacant U.S. Senate seat, according to a FBI affidavit unsealed following the governor's stunning arrest. Full story HERE.

He is gonna pay for this big time.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

JAB;1083193 wrote: In more ways then one. How stupid can someone really be? :rolleyes:

Apparantly pretty stupid. It is also his pompous attitude that will sink him. I cant wait to see the outcome of this. I bet they fry him good.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

JAB;1083200 wrote: I guess this will ruin his chance for a Cabinet Post or Ambassadorship. :rolleyes:

He is a dead duck....dead in the water. Bet he wishes he could take back that phone call. he he he
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

First of all this is the norm in Il. or just about any place else. The Gov. just did not grease the right palms. Or not enough of them. I grew up near Chicago. In the 60's and 70's. That was during Richard J. Daily time. As it was called the Daily Machine. This is nothing new since Al Capones day. This guy was JUST STUPID. and did not have the RIGHT peope behind him. But now i live in La. Where you have Edwin Edwards. Hughey P. Long. and a long list of crooks. Sadly this is what Goverment is all about.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

southern yankee;1083220 wrote: First of all this is the norm in Il. or just about any place else. The Gov. just did not grease the right palms. Or not enough of them. I grew up near Chicago. In the 60's and 70's. That was during Richard J. Daily time. As it was called the Daily Machine. This is nothing new since Al Capones day. This guy was JUST STUPID. and did not have the RIGHT peope behind him. But now i live in La. Where you have Edwin Edwards. Hughey P. Long. and a long list of crooks. Sadly this is what Goverment is all about.

Thats true Southern Yankee. They are all dirty and they get away with it. If just a few of them were hung out to dry, then the rest would clean up their acts. But they get away with it and so it gets worse and worse.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Well, I certainly never voted for him... not with that hair..:rolleyes::p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

G-man

Post by G-man »

flopstock;1083238 wrote: Well, I certainly never voted for him... not with that hair..:rolleyes::p

:yh_rotfl

I didn't vote for him either.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Kindle

Post by Kindle »

CNN just reported that all 50 senators have asked him to resign.

Wonder what work he'll find after this?

They also said his wife was no prize either. She too might be looking at some jail time due to what she said which they have on tape.

It's too bad we have to wait for their corruption to be revealed for most of us to learn about the various governors, senators and representatives.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

We're considering adding a referendum to the special election ballot calling on the politicians to change our state slogan on our license plates to "Illinois, the ebay of politics"...:yh_rotfl

and our state bird to the "jail"....:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Lon

Post by Lon »

This current idiot is just following what many prior governors and politicians from the state of Illinois have been accused of (and convicted). It's almost a tradition.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

This is a case of shockingly blatant corruption.

I wouldn't agree that all US Governors are as corrupt as this man so blatantly was or is, I am sure there is corruption in the US system, there is plenty of it here too in Europe; and everywhere else I imagine. Its one of those evils that is always with us, like taxes. But there are levels of corruption, and this is one case at the extreme end of the scale.

On a positive note, this man has been caught out by Federal Agents, and is facing very serious consequences, so that shows on some levels the system is working. So its not all bad.

He seems like a right piece of work though. Unbelieveable.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Fyrenza

Post by Fyrenza »

WHAT A SHOCK!!! :eek:

Yet another Obama cohort entangled in some sort of corruption scam???

My bet is that he'll choose to "sing" and woe be to whomsoever else was in on this...
Lon

Post by Lon »

Galbally;1083330 wrote: This is a case of shockingly blatant corruption.

I wouldn't agree that all US Governors are as corrupt as this man so blatantly was or is, I am sure there is corruption in the US system, there is plenty of it here too in Europe; and everywhere else I imagine. Its one of those evils that is always with us, like taxes. But there are levels of corruption, and this is one case at the extreme end of the scale.

On a positive note, this man has been caught out by Federal Agents, and is facing very serious consequences, so that shows on some levels the system is working. So its not all bad.

You are right---------not all governors ----- just the one's from Illinois.

There have been a whole slew from that state.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

One can only hope that Obama is somehow implicated.:D
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

Galbally;1083330 wrote: This is a case of shockingly blatant corruption.

Exactly Galbally. It is the level of corruption that stands out here. And the blatant attitude shows what level of corruption this man has reached. This one event we have found out about. I would suspect, with his attitude, that there is a ton of dirt in his corner. Good that he is caught now and hopefully this will send a message to others that they cant get away with it.
southern yankee

flopstock;1083323 wrote: We're considering adding a referendum to the special election ballot calling on the politicians to change our state slogan on our license plates to "Illinois, the ebay of politics"...:yh_rotfl

and our state bird to the "jail"....:D yep jail bird. that is funny, But IL. is NOT the LONE RANGER:mad:
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Fyrenza;1083331 wrote: WHAT A SHOCK!!! :eek:

Yet another Obama cohort entangled in some sort of corruption scam???

My bet is that he'll choose to "sing" and woe be to whomsoever else was in on this...

oh get a grip already!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

southern yankee

yes i have heard that most other Sens. are asking him to throw in the towl. WHY??? what are they afraid of???? Their own dirty laundry. will be discovered???i think that is a lot of those crooks greatest fears. :thinking:;)
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

jimbo;1083518 wrote: this a seriouse thread :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

leave me alone please.

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

flopstock;1083238 wrote: Well, I certainly never voted for him... not with that hair..:rolleyes::p

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl That is the first thing I noticed on him. Another politician with a cheap wig.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

flopstock;1083559 wrote: leave me alone please.
geez louise jimbo.. i was kidding here.. :-4forgot my smilies cause i was in a hurry!

it was gonna be this guy..:-1:-1

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Dang Floppy, I thought FG was going to have a Senator Floppy in our midst. I reckon you just didn't GIVE enough.:D
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1083667 wrote: Dang Floppy, I thought FG was going to have a Senator Floppy in our midst. I reckon you just didn't GIVE enough.:D
I tried... he wanted cash apparently..:sneaky::yh_rotfl

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1083735 wrote: I tried... he wanted cash apparently..:sneaky::yh_rotfl
:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

He must be gay..:yh_rotfl
southern yankee

2 friends that i have who live near Chicago. were telling me. About Jesse Jackson Jr. how he was freaking out over all this. Jackson saying he was NO#5 in the Sen. race. said he had not seen the Gov. for 5 years. how could you be involved with the race. and have no ties to the Gov. :lips::thinking:there will be a lot of frightened RABBITS looking for holes to hide in.:sneaky::sneaky: i think this is just the opening ACT:mad::mad:
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

southern yankee;1083816 wrote: 2 friends that i have who live near Chicago. were telling me. About Jesse Jackson Jr. how he was freaking out over all this. Jackson saying he was NO#5 in the Sen. race. said he had not seen the Gov. for 5 years. how could you be involved with the race. and have no ties to the Gov. :lips::thinking:there will be a lot of frightened RABBITS looking for holes to hide in.:sneaky::sneaky: i think this is just the opening ACT:mad::mad:

I think you are right. Sit back and get ready for a great show.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Much like OJ Simpson, the Gov of Illinois is stupid and arrogant and believes he is beyond reproach. Shame on him. IMO

I was born in Chicago, Illinois, by the way.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
southern yankee

along-for-the-ride;1084080 wrote: Much like OJ Simpson, the Gov of Illinois is stupid and arrogant and believes he is beyond reproach. Shame on him. IMO

I was born in Chicago, Illinois, by the way. GARY/HAMMOND here:)
southern yankee

:mad:I watched the WGN noon news today. This is going to be one big Mella Drama. Did you also hear that the Gov. forced out a few people from the Edtorial section of the Tribune. Because he did care about the way they dised him in the paper.Is it me. Or is that something CASTRO would do??;):-2
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

southern yankee;1084110 wrote: :mad:I watched the WGN noon news today. This is going to be one big Mella Drama. Did you also hear that the Gov. forced out a few people from the Edtorial section of the Tribune. Because he did care about the way they dised him in the paper.Is it me. Or is that something CASTRO would do??;):-2

Definitely a Castro move. This is very corrupt.

Return to “Current Political Events”