MRI Testing.............

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Paula

MRI Testing.............

Post by Paula »

I failed an MRI today. I could not stand being closed in? Other choices are another facility with an open unit or medication and back in the tube? Have you had an MRI? :yh_worry
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Peg

MRI Testing.............

Post by Peg »

The other half has had MRIs and is okay with the open one. I had one of my knee so did not have to be in all the way. Problem was, holding it in one position for more than a minute was extremely painful. I'd ask the doctor for an open one AND medication so you can get it over with. Hope everything is okay with you.
abbey

MRI Testing.............

Post by abbey »

Paula wrote: I failed an MRI today. I could not stand being closed in? Other choices are another faciltiy with an open unit or medication and back in the tube? Have you had an MRI? :yh_worry
Hope you're ok luv :-3 XXX
LoveMama

MRI Testing.............

Post by LoveMama »

Paula wrote: I failed an MRI today. I could not stand being closed in? Other choices are another faciltiy with an open unit or medication and back in the tube? Have you had an MRI? :yh_worry

Yes Paula...........I had one that was open. It's so easy.

Hope you can another........that way.

xxxxxoooooooo

mama
Paula

MRI Testing.............

Post by Paula »

i could not itch my neck or head, it was terrible. i could not move at all. i was brought out twice and then the guy said, get some meds. i am not going back in that damn tube for anyone.

have a cervical rib, in the neck that causes numbness to arms and hands. i'm perfectly okay, its just that tube is really scary. 20 minutes in a tube, no way. not for me, i cannot sit still for too long.
Tombstone

MRI Testing.............

Post by Tombstone »

Paula wrote: i could not itch my neck or head, it was terrible. i could not move at all. i was brought out twice and then the guy said, get some meds. i am not going back in that damn tube for anyone.

have a cervical rib, in the neck that causes numbness to arms and hands. i'm perfectly okay, its just that tube is really scary. 20 minutes in a tube, no way. not for me, i cannot sit still for too long.

I don't blame you Paula! Claustrophobia is no fun. If I ever have an MRI, my wife knows to ask the Good Doctor for some chill pills for me. ;)
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
persephone

MRI Testing.............

Post by persephone »

Never been in one as a patient, I know the noise is horrible just sitting outside. Have also seen the dangers of metal objects flying through the air into them and the end result of such.

If they can't get you an open one they may be able to sedate you for the closed one.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Paula

MRI Testing.............

Post by Paula »

I have been sad all day knowing i failed to complete the X-Ray. My husband doesn't think medication will keep me calm. I just could not move. I am not the only one having this problem? I don't want to go there again. NO.
persephone

MRI Testing.............

Post by persephone »

:yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
cars

MRI Testing.............

Post by cars »

Posted by paula: I have been sad all day knowing i failed to complete the X-Ray. My husband doesn't think medication will keep me calm. I just could not move. I am not the only one having this problem? I don't want to go there again. NO.

Paula, I have had a "closed casket" (That's what it's like) MRI, and was touching from "Wall to Wall" with no room to move, & inside it for 55 minutes for pics of my back spine.

When My Daughter had to go for her MRI, she could not go inside the casket either, so she elected to go where they had an "Open" MRI casket. She was absolutely fine with that, BUT, then it took twice as long, (1-3/4 hrs) because the machine is not as powerful as the closed in ones! :wah:

Cars :driving:
Cars :)
Paula

MRI Testing.............

Post by Paula »

CARS, that is awful. How did you do it? 55 mins. of hell. OMG. I am going for the other unit, i refused to be loaded with valium. Yes it is like being in a casket. I cannot imagine full body enclosure. I was tubed to my knees? I feel better hearing these comments. Have had so many tests and appointments lately. My middle age tune up. :yh_nailbi :yh_nailbi
CARLA

MRI Testing.............

Post by CARLA »

PAULA,

I have had 2 MRI'S on my CERCIVAL DISCS IN MY NECK.. I don't like closed places either.. but I had to do it after I broke my neck. I just shut my eyes..... You have to get it done, the open one may be easier for you, meds may help as well.

There are other scans which they can do that involve injecting dye in your spine.. I won't tell you the rest.. It's very painful .. The MRI is the best, and no pain involved just the knocking of the magnets.. and its over..

GOOD LUCK.. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

MRI Testing.............

Post by lady cop »

my right knee was shot, the MRI was pure torture. i feel for you Paula! ( i have a cadaver's ACL in my knee now, and i think it's haunted! :yh_ghost )

Return to “General Chit Chat”