Alaska!!!

Raven

Alaska!!!

Post by Raven »

I've just heard on the news, that they are going to allow drilling in the wildlife refuge! Someone please tell me this isnt true! If it is, how do we stop them? I'm in!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Paula

Alaska!!!

Post by Paula »

Emotional subject here, when it comes to oil, i really believe the oil will be priority? :-2
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Suresh Gupta

Alaska!!!

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Paula wrote: Emotional subject here, when it comes to oil, i really believe the oil will be priority? :-2

But till what time oil will last?
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
Raven

Alaska!!!

Post by Raven »

They said it would give them 25 years of oil that they wouldnt have to get from Saudi Arabia.

Just 25 years.

And they are willing to rape and pillage for just 25 years worth of oil.
Clint

Alaska!!!

Post by Clint »

Raven,

Have you ever been to Alaska? If you flew over at 30,000 feet, I doubt you would even be able to see what they are proposing to do. The wildlife refuge is huge. Alaska is huge. Our appetite for oil isn't going to go away until the oil does...good or bad, that's just a fact. Should we do very little harm in Alaska or should we continue to rely on sources we may have to fight for?
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
KnightDeBrian

Alaska!!!

Post by KnightDeBrian »

I agree with you Clint for i have lived in Alaska before and the areas that i have been in Alaska are minute compared to the rest of the state. I know theres many hundreds of square miles that have never even been touched by a persons foot. On onother subject Alaska has already been making plans to expand the oil pipeline but acually action in doing so could be years off.
When I raise my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgement I will take vengence upon mine enemies. Oh, Lord raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy Saints.
Paula

Alaska!!!

Post by Paula »

Clint, excellent reply! Yippie, Yeah, someone said it that way! People are bitching about gas prices now, they haven't seen anything yet. I say if the oil is needed, take it. :-1
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Clint

Alaska!!!

Post by Clint »

tmbsgrl wrote: I agree with you Paula.. If we need it take it.
I agree with you and Paula to a point. I would say that if we need it we should take it with the most care for the environment we can possibly employ. If we NEED it, and some would say we don't.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
chonsigirl

Alaska!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Lon

Alaska!!!

Post by Lon »

You heard it here first!!!!! Oil will be at least $2.65 gallon by November 2005
BTS

Alaska!!!

Post by BTS »

chonsigirl wrote: http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITIC ... te.alaska/

Sheesh chon:

That CNN page is ummm kinda old eh?

April 10, 2002 Posted: 11:00 PM EDT (0300 GMT)

Here, try this fresher one from CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/03/ ... illing.ap/

Thursday, March 17, 2005 Posted: 3:17 PM EST (2017 GMT)
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Alaska!!!

Post by BTS »

Raven wrote: They said it would give them 25 years of oil that they wouldnt have to get from Saudi Arabia.

Just 25 years.

Rape and pillage?

Do you have any facts to back that?

Do you know anything about ANWR? Where it is? How it was set up originally? How big it is? How little will be affected? How all the other oil production works in Alaska?

Rape and Pillage?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Suresh Gupta

Alaska!!!

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Raven wrote: They said it would give them 25 years of oil that they wouldnt have to get from Saudi Arabia.

Just 25 years.

What will happen after 25 years? Will they leave any oil for their children and grand-children? I hope they love them.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Raven

Alaska!!!

Post by Raven »

The fact of the matter is, that fossil fuel is not an infinite supply. It WILL run out.

What then? The little remaining resources we have, will continue to escalate in price until only the wealthy will be driving and heating their homes with 'convienient' means. I agree with John Kerry on this one. We're going to have to start inventing our way out this problem. It's going to be interesting to see who inherited the 'pioneer' genes of our forbearers, then.
Raven

Alaska!!!

Post by Raven »

Suresh Gupta

Alaska!!!

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Oil is a natural resource and will not last for an indefinite period. This puts an obligation on the human race to use it judiciously. Its use should be properly planned. Alternative fuels should be developed and existing resources should be used in a manner that sufficient stocks are available for future generations. Present generation will be committing a crime against humanity if they use the existing natural resources indiscriminately and leave nothing for future generations.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Suresh Gupta

Alaska!!!

Post by Suresh Gupta »

February_Stormz]

You are right. Alternative sources of energy are being developed across the world. However a disciplinary approach is needed in the consumption of oil. The present generation has a duty to future generations as every development should be sustainable.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Return to “Conservation The Environment”