Display box

Testing 1,2,3. This is the place to try out posting, uploading, adding a signature, and all that!
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Display box

Post by Chezzie »

Pwooooar:D
Chezzie

Display box

Post by Chezzie »

Oscar Namechange

Display box

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Chezzie;1063410 wrote:

Mr Oscar's mum was alive when we went all digital. Have you ever tried to explain a new remote to an 84 yr old lady who not that long ago still had black and white tv.?

Then she used to pick the remote up when the phone rang :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

Temporary test to answer a query
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Display box

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I'll try it again from home and see how that does.

Here I'm on an 8MB link but it's supposedly a 24MB link there.
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

Go for it, I'd like to see one that fast.

Virgin offered me a 20Mb/s>50Mb/s upgrade last month. I'm toying with the idea.

Bryn Mawr

Display box

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1159579 wrote: Go for it, I'd like to see one that fast.

Virgin offered me a 20Mb>50Mb upgrade last month. I'm toying with the idea.

Yes, I had noticed you throughput figures - very impressive.

Double that would by outstanding.
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

Virgin Broadband rolled out 200Mbps trials this month over their fibre to domestic customers.
kazalala

Display box

Post by kazalala »

spot;1187914 wrote: Virgin Broadband rolled out 200Mbps trials this month over their fibre to domestic customers.

IM with Virgin Broadband:-3 what does that meanthen... i dont notice any difference at all:-2

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Snowfire

Display box

Post by Snowfire »

kazalala;1187934 wrote: IM with Virgin Broadband:-3 what does that meanthen... i dont notice any difference at all:-2

Only if you are connected via fibre optics
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
kazalala

Display box

Post by kazalala »

Snowfire;1187940 wrote: Only if you are connected via fibre optics

ahhhhhhhhh:confused::yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

kazalala;1187941 wrote: ahhhhhhhhh:confused::yh_rotfl

And only on the trial area, it's not many people that were selected.

If you're on what used to be NTL or Blueyonder cable, they're Virgin now, you can upgrade to 50Mbps just by phoning for it. I've not, I stayed at 20 for the time being, it's more than adequate for me.
kazalala

Display box

Post by kazalala »

spot;1187949 wrote: And only on the trial area, it's not many people that were selected.

If you're on what used to be NTL or Blueyonder cable, they're Virgin now, you can upgrade to 50Mbps just by phoning for it. I've not, I stayed at 20 for the time being, it's more than adequate for me.

ohh righto:thinking: well oh.. god i dont know if i can be bothered to go through all that phoning them up palarva:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

kazalala;1187952 wrote: ohh righto:thinking: well oh.. god i dont know if i can be bothered to go through all that phoning them up palarva:thinking:

You can upgrade online and select bundles at Virgin Media Broadband: 50Mb Broadband size: XXL from £35 per month
CARLA

Display box

Post by CARLA »

This from home.

ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Display box

Post by Nomad »

spot;1063367 wrote:

Thats a good looking display box. Really like it. Im gonna get one for myself !
I AM AWESOME MAN
kazalala

Display box

Post by kazalala »

spot;1187958 wrote: You can upgrade online and select bundles at Virgin Media Broadband: 50Mb Broadband size: XXL from £35 per month

ahhh right ,,, well i havent looked at that link yet,,, but i will go have a look around virgin anyway see if i can do it online,,,but i already get XL TV, phone (with free national and international calls any time any day), and broadband for just under £40.00:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Bill Sikes

Display box

Post by Bill Sikes »

Pah! " " !!
Snowfire

Display box

Post by Snowfire »

How bad is that ?

Winston Churchill
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

It would have been very impressive for, say, 1994. That's okay, I live a lot in the past too.

Why on earth are you testing against a small server in Ontario of all places??
Snowfire

Display box

Post by Snowfire »

Maidenhead this time. A little better. Does it bring me into the 21st century ?

Winston Churchill
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

Definitely! With a link that good you could even stream Last.fm through your speakers.
Snowfire

Display box

Post by Snowfire »

I get a decent rate when downloading music and films. I use the add-on download manager that Mozilla offers - DownThemAll. I can surf and mess about while doing so, including streaming internet radio.

I guess an upgrade would be good, so I must look into that. Looking back at the time I had dial up, I cant imagine how I managed. Getting music was an epic back then. I wonder if there are any members here still on dial up

Winston Churchill
qsducks

Display box

Post by qsducks »

Been digital for quite some time.
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

Digital?
Snowfire

Display box

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1188783 wrote: Digital?

Maybe Ducks' face has been pixilated for a while now

Winston Churchill
Nomad

Display box

Post by Nomad »

I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

You just took the lead Nomie, I can't compete with that!
Betty Boop

Display box

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad

Display box

Post by Nomad »

spot;1190675 wrote: You just took the lead Nomie, I can't compete with that!

Is that bad ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Display box

Post by spot »

Nomad;1190948 wrote: Is that bad ?

That you have one of he fastest upload speeds on the planet? Hell no.

Return to “Test Forum”