The Economy

QUINNSCOMMENTARY

The Economy

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

How about a new sub group under current events "The Economy"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Kindle

The Economy

Post by Kindle »

Ok with me.

It seems many countries are currently suffering an economic downturn. Logically it is because we are so intertwined now. Do you think things would be different if we were not a part of NAFTA?

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
wildhorses

The Economy

Post by wildhorses »

QUINNSCOMMENTARY;1062828 wrote: How about a new sub group under current events "The Economy"

Yes. We are going to need a "The Economy" category. Seriously.
Accountable

The Economy

Post by Accountable »

It's definitely going to be a hot topic.

Everybody ready for a crash course in macro-economics?
wildhorses

The Economy

Post by wildhorses »

Accountable;1063694 wrote: It's definitely going to be a hot topic.

Everybody ready for a crash course in macro-economics?

Did you have to use the word "crash"?
Tan

The Economy

Post by Tan »

Excellent idea
Tan
gmc

The Economy

Post by gmc »

Kindle;1063587 wrote: Ok with me.

It seems many countries are currently suffering an economic downturn. Logically it is because we are so intertwined now. Do you think things would be different if we were not a part of NAFTA?

No it's because your bankers are a bunch of idiots and the idiots elsewhere were daft enough to follow suit. If america becomes protectionist at this point you will prolong the agony as your overseas markets go elsewhere.
Kindle

The Economy

Post by Kindle »

gmc;1064508 wrote: No it's because your bankers are a bunch of idiots and the idiots elsewhere were daft enough to follow suit. If america becomes protectionist at this point you will prolong the agony as your overseas markets go elsewhere.

Gee GMC. You need to learn to be a bit more assertive. You shouldn't hold yourself back. Say it how it is................ :D

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
watermark

The Economy

Post by watermark »

I would find a question/answer thread beneficial. I'd like it if I could ask a serious financial question (related to economic conditions) and have others respond in a sincere manner. It wouldn't be crucial that responders have experitse in their opinions or that the discussion centered upon a general social focus, but that we could perhaps ask for financial opinions in these trying times and perhaps discuss implications of choosing different options.

I know other sites carry more serious forums for these sorts of questions; I am hoping for more spontaneous responses, not such traditional ones, allowing for a moderate and seasoned person to overlook such discussion. For myself it seems like everyone is getting a bit wild and projecting too many wild possibilities, making me go crazy.
gmc

The Economy

Post by gmc »

watermark;1064836 wrote: I would find a question/answer thread beneficial. I'd like it if I could ask a serious financial question (related to economic conditions) and have others respond in a sincere manner. It wouldn't be crucial that responders have experitse in their opinions or that the discussion centered upon a general social focus, but that we could perhaps ask for financial opinions in these trying times and perhaps discuss implications of choosing different options.

I know other sites carry more serious forums for these sorts of questions; I am hoping for more spontaneous responses, not such traditional ones, allowing for a moderate and seasoned person to overlook such discussion. For myself it seems like everyone is getting a bit wild and projecting too many wild possibilities, making me go crazy.

No it's because your bankers are a bunch of idiots and the idiots elsewhere were daft enough to follow suit. If america becomes protectionist at this point you will prolong the agony as your overseas markets go elsewhere.

Mine was a sincere answer, if apparently forcefully put. I can put around it all sorts of convoluted explanations but that basically is what is boils down to. We all tend to be overly impressed with the expertise and abilities of "money men" to the extent they got away with one of the biggest debacles in modern history. Think emperors new clothes at best at worst it was just outright blatant fraud and speculation on the part of many financial institutions. Shereholders are supposed to be able to hold directors to account in reality small shareholders have little say in what goes on and the majority shareholders are often large financial institution-pension funds and the like that have a vested interest in keeping quiet for fear of being thought naive.

It's not the first time this kind of thing has happened. You might see british posters referring to this

The South Sea Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

The Economy

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

watermark;1064836 wrote: I would find a question/answer thread beneficial. I'd like it if I could ask a serious financial question (related to economic conditions) and have others respond in a sincere manner. It wouldn't be crucial that responders have experitse in their opinions or that the discussion centered upon a general social focus, but that we could perhaps ask for financial opinions in these trying times and perhaps discuss implications of choosing different options.

I like that idea too.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”