A Question for Spotalicious

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Dunno if anyone can give me some answers here. I thought it might be Spotalicious' cup of tea as he is always good at finding answers to technical type problems.

Anyhoo, your dear, sweet, thoughtful, considerate and kindly FG chum Rapunzel, has been landed with the not so dear, sweet, thoughtful and considerate neighbours from hell!

As in AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Actually it's more like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, yeah, you get the message!

I have 3 major probs with these dratsabs ... actually, that might be putting it backwards!

Firstly, there's the noise! They have spent 18 months drilling/ hammering/ sawing from 7am until 1 am! They use industrial strength drills and hammers and the godawful noise just pierces your skull! I was at the point of trying to find somewhere to buy a gun to shoot them - and am convinced I would not have been convicted after having to live through their unbelievable noise!

They've finally calmed down a bit but still hammer/ drill/ saw EVERY day - including weekends! They've been told by the Council that if they hammer/ drill/ saw on weekdays, they are NOT allowed to do it on weekends! However, here we are, Sunday lunchtime and they're at it again! And have been for 2 hours! And will be for another 5 hours! At least!

Secondly, the wife next door works for the Council. I've complained to the Council numerous times. They question her. She puts on her butter-wouldn't-melt goody-two-shoes expression and lies through her teeth about me. She must tell them she's innocent of everything and i'm an evil neighbour because they refuse to discuss it with me but tell me they have talked to her and believe what she says. Case closed. I have to say I thought the Council would be open to the truth but as with Haringey Social Services (and I'm sorry to connect my problems to such a heinous crime and sorry to bring the issue up again) but I can totally see how Councils will close ranks to protect their own employees rather than admit to any wrongdoing!

Thirdly, the wife has gone in my private Council files. Found out private information about me and used it for her own gain! She has also passed this information onto friends of hers and onto my neighbours which has destroyed the friendship I previously had with my other neighbours!

The Council have an out-of-hours phone service to ring and complain about noise on. I have phoned every Sunday for the last 4 weeks (its a new service). Obviously they have taken the matter up with Mrs Neighbour. She has just as obviously given them another sob story and told them its all lies. I have just phoned to complain AGAIN about the noise and when the girl who answered heard my name and address she slammed the phone down on me!

Who can I complain to or what can I do to get my voice heard over hers???

The only thing I can think of is to write to the 'This Morning' tv show but I'm too shy to go on live TV. :o

What else can I do? I'm sorry if this comes across as whingy. I don't mean it to but it's driving me nuts that she can destroy my life and get away with being so totally foul and obnoxious.

Helllllllllllllppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!! Please?
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Try going to the Big I Am at your Counciil saying that if something is not sorted you will be going public with it all and if that dont work.........the local paper.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I've already been to the Big I Am at the council! She passed it on to a smaller I Am and said he would deal with it when he got back from holiday! When he finally came back he wrote to say he'd passed it onto an even smaller I Am who would deal with it when he got back from holiday! He finally wrote to me and said I still want to deal with this? Then he wrote and asked if he could talk to Mrs Neighbour about it? Then after 6 months he said he had talked to her and had decided she was in the right and I shouldn't upset her!!!

He didn't worry that I was losing my hearing and being driven insane by the diabolical noise that bi*ch from hell was making!!!! :-5 :-5 :-5

Sorry for the Grrrrrr Carolly and thanks for the reply. They're getting louder and louder next door and it's giving me a blinding headache. :-5
spot

Post by spot »

I'm having a think. I probably have to read some as well. I'll post again when I've got something useful to say.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Im sure Spot can help you if anybody can.I have to say though that I would take the story to my local Paper.....but thats me Im afraid.;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Rapunzel,

That's awful...wish I had some good advice for you:confused: Why are they making so much noise.....What are they building?

We have a noise ordinance at the beach...no loud noises after 10 PM.

Good luck:-6
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Thankyou SO much Spot and Carolly! Any and all help is VERY MUCH appreciated! If I ever win the lottery I'm going to hire hitmen for them! :lips: :wah: Until then I can't even afford to move! :-5
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Kathy Ellen;1059603 wrote: Oh Rapunzel,

That's awful...wish I had some good advice for you:confused: Why are they making so much noise.....What are they building?

We have a noise ordinance at the beach...no loud noises after 10 PM.

Good luck:-6

Hi Kathy Ellen and thanks for the support. :-4

They've turned a small 3-bedroom house into a large 4-bedroom house. They've knocked down the side of the house and extended it adding 2 rooms upstairs and 2 rooms downstairs. They've reroofed it 3 times! I don't know why. They've built a huge master bedroom with ensuite. They've added a massive conservatory. They've tiled the whole of the front garden (yard) and they are now digging it up again. It did look like a trench they were digging - maybe for pipe work? But now they're digging it out sideways so it looks like a small swimming pool! It's obviously not but I can't think what they're digging it for!

They also have builders inside and it sounds like they're pulling up all the floorboards! They've smashed out some built in wardrobes and pulled up the floorboards upstairs. They've papered and decorated. Now they're doing it all again as she obviously didn't like it the first time.

So I have pickaxe hammering in the drive and against the side of the house. I have drilling, hammering, banging and swearing and shouting next door. The walls are paper thin so they are inescapable and I am sick and tired of going out and walking around the shops just to get away from the noise!

The reason they hate me is because I rent! She loathes having a renter next door! She made a BIG fuss about how she liked being surrounded by owner-occupiers when she moved in - and then she found out I wasn't! She found out by looking in my files at the Council where everyone's details are held.

Another problem is that all the knocking is damaging my house. This house is 80 years old and, as far as I can see, has never been kept in good condition having always been rented out. Its damp and drafty but all this banging has increased the damp a lot, so they are obviously damaging the walls. I'm worried the whole lot could just collapse around my ears! And I really don't know what to do for the best. :(
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I haven't read all of your posts yet. Just responding to your first post.

I would suggest going to Citizens Advice Bureau. They'll fill you in with what you can do. Be prepared to get a solicitor on the case. Definitely go to the local paper. Get a reporter to sit in on one weekday night and on a Sunday.

Also, speak to the neighbours on your other side and on their other side. For what it's worth. You haven't said exactly how they are behaving towards you. Certainly get one to admit that they've received material off the files, even if only orally.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

If you have time, why not check their planning applications, etc.

Let's see if I've got this right. You live in a council house. They've bought the semi- attached to your house and gone straight into rebuilding the place. I'm not even sure that the changes you've described they are making are legal.

What department does she work for in the Council? If it's not Social Services, you may get relief that way. You'll have to build a case with your doctor first. You are, after all, heading for a nervous breakdown with all this unexpected noise and gossipmongering.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I live in the US so our approach would be the VIDEO them on the weeks with sound to prove your point, with date and time on the video. Theny go to your local new station with the video and see if they can help. We have people at our local News station who's only job is to fix the wrongs in our neighborhoods. As far as the council person looking at your records that is something else you have to prove is wrong our against the law.

I wish you luck as this is a big issue. The law say they can't do this on the weekends and they are, should be simple. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

CARLA;1059793 wrote: I live in the US so our approach would be the VIDEO them on the weeks with sound to prove your point, with date and time on the video. Theny go to your local new station with the video and see if they can help. We have people at our local News station who's only job is to fix the wrongs in our neighborhoods. As far as the council person looking at your records that is something else you have to prove is wrong our against the law.

I wish you luck as this is a big issue. The law say they can't do this on the weekends and they are, should be simple. :-5

Carla suggested what I was going to suggest. Audio and video evidence should be most effective. Good luck!
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

OpenMind;1059717 wrote: I haven't read all of your posts yet. Just responding to your first post.

I would suggest going to Citizens Advice Bureau. They'll fill you in with what you can do. Be prepared to get a solicitor on the case. Definitely go to the local paper. Get a reporter to sit in on one weekday night and on a Sunday.

Also, speak to the neighbours on your other side and on their other side. For what it's worth. You haven't said exactly how they are behaving towards you. Certainly get one to admit that they've received material off the files, even if only orally.

Hiya OM, thanks for your reply, I will try the CAB. As for the neighbours, they are the first house in the road, so have no other neighbours. I'm joined onto them as a semi-detached property. I used to get on well with my other neighbours on the other side of me, however, Mrs Neighbour has been telling (obviously foul) stories about me as the last time I saw my other neighbour she said "You rent don't you?" in a very derogatory tone of voice. She never knew that I did before then, as I moved in before her. Then she started complaining that my plants were growing over the top of her 6 foot high fence and that if I didn't cut them down immediately then she would phone my landlord to complain!

She has gone from a pleasant neighbour to a shrew which tells me that Mrs Neighbour-from-hell has been spreading her poison and also passing on confidential information i.e., the fact that I rent and the name, address and phone number of my landlord!

I also checked all along the dividing fence and none of my plants are within 6 feet of the top of her fence! So she was complaining for no reason! I can only think that Mrs Neighbour-from-hell has made me sound so bad that the other previously-pleasant neighbour just had to vent at me and let off steam as she had been so wound up by Neighbour-from-hell's lies.

I'm sorry, this sounds confusing and very petty. Its not - it's hell - but it sounds petty to me. However, there are a LOT of other things which are going on as well - all concerned with the neighbours, but if I itemised every little detail I'd be here for a month of Sundays.

If ya know what I mean. :-2

Oh, and we don't speak. I once asked her father if he could stop hammering and sawing til 1 am, he told me to

F. Off! (Although not so politely!) So now we don't speak. If I pass any of them in the street they all stare at the ground until I've passed.

I will ask the other neighbour next time I see her but I only see her rarely.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

OpenMind;1059724 wrote: If you have time, why not check their planning applications, etc.

Let's see if I've got this right. You live in a council house. They've bought the semi- attached to your house and gone straight into rebuilding the place. I'm not even sure that the changes you've described they are making are legal.

What department does she work for in the Council? If it's not Social Services, you may get relief that way. You'll have to build a case with your doctor first. You are, after all, heading for a nervous breakdown with all this unexpected noise and gossipmongering.

Their planning applications are above board and were online at the Council. I live in a privately rented house, not a council-house (there's a 4 year waiting list!) She works in the Treasury Department, not Social Services. I had the nervous breakdown last year I think. I've been incredibly depressed and even contemplated suicide several times over the last 2 years. The only thing that got me out of it was getting my job, which I love and which has helped me back towards near normality. Not yet there though! ;)
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

CARLA;1059793 wrote: I live in the US so our approach would be the VIDEO them on the weeks with sound to prove your point, with date and time on the video. Theny go to your local new station with the video and see if they can help. We have people at our local News station who's only job is to fix the wrongs in our neighborhoods. As far as the council person looking at your records that is something else you have to prove is wrong our against the law.

Thanks for the support Carla, I agree this is a big issue. There's not much to video as the noise is usually INSIDE the house!

I don't know if our radio stations would be interested, but will look into it. Thankyou for the suggestion. :)
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

along-for-the-ride;1059837 wrote: Carla suggested what I was going to suggest. Audio and video evidence should be most effective. Good luck!

Thanks AFTR! I should have done that a year ago. :-5

Although I did take photo's and send them to the council when they stripped all the asbestos from their attic and dumped it by their front gate and on the pavement where little children could touch it and inhale it as they walked to their primary school at the end of our road each day! :mad:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I also forgot to say that I told the police when I found out that the nasty meighbour and her dad had been phoning MY landlord pretending to be ME and MY dad! I found out by accident. The local police said they would send round community officers to talk to her.

I've reported her to Environmental Health.

They keep a log but do nothing!

MR Neighbour-from-Hell is a big cheese in the local football squad. I'm a poor-as-a-churchmouse Nobody! I frequently wonder if that accounts for them getting away with all they do. I know it shouldn't count in a fair world - but it's not a fair world!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

You know you have our support here, Rap. Council corruption should interest the media I would think.

CAB in Dewsbury helped me out while I was waiting for money after signing on. I know that this is not what you are going through, but I had no money at all. The landlord who took me in understood, and I was lucky they knew what the DSS were like. It was 6 weeks before I finally got anything from DSS. Even the local politician was powerless.

CAB got me a food bag from a local charity not only once, but against the rules, they got me a second bag.

It was that bad, and I'm not proud of this, but I actually picked up half a sausage roll, which was still warm and ate it after brushing it off, in a busy arcade. I find that the folk at CAB don't judge. They help you by telling you what you can do. If it's within their power, they will do more.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Rapunzel;1060949 wrote: Their planning applications are above board and were online at the Council.

Oh, I forgot to say ... and let this be a warning to you all! When the council application letters came asking if we minded them building an extension, I decided to be a good neighbour and say it was okay!

When I complained about the noise late at night, the council said I should have specified at the time that I would only permit noise between certain hours. Now how was I supposed to know that? It's yet another government thing you're supposed to know and tough luck if you don't! The only way to find out is to go through this hell and know for next time to specify that building noise can only be made between certain hours of the day!

Bloody red tape!!! :-5 :-5 :-5
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Rapunzel;1060992 wrote: Oh, I forgot to say ... and let this be a warning to you all! When the council application letters came asking if we minded them building an extension, I decided to be a good neighbour and say it was okay!

When I complained about the noise late at night, the council said I should have specified at the time that I would only permit noise between certain hours. Now how was I supposed to know that? It's yet another government thing you're supposed to know and tough luck if you don't! The only way to find out is to go through this hell and know for next time to specify that building noise can only be made between certain hours of the day!

Bloody red tape!!! :-5 :-5 :-5

There is still a law against noise during unsocial hours. As far as I'm aware, anyway.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

OpenMind;1060991 wrote: You know you have our support here, Rap. Council corruption should interest the media I would think.

CAB in Dewsbury helped me out while I was waiting for money after signing on. I know that this is not what you are going through, but I had no money at all. The landlord who took me in understood, and I was lucky they knew what the DSS were like. It was 6 weeks before I finally got anything from DSS. Even the local politician was powerless.

CAB got me a food bag from a local charity not only once, but against the rules, they got me a second bag.

It was that bad, and I'm not proud of this, but I actually picked up half a sausage roll, which was still warm and ate it after brushing it off, in a busy arcade. I find that the folk at CAB don't judge. They help you by telling you what you can do. If it's within their power, they will do more.

Thanks Roger, I really appreciate that! I'm so glad the CAB helped you!

I understand about the sausage roll. Sometimes you HAVE to do things that you wouldn't do in normal circumstances, just to survive. We've also been so short of money before that we couldn't afford to feed our kids. I asked my mum for help but she pushed us away and told us to live on beans on toast for a week! We had no money for beans OR toast and wouldn't have for weeks! Luckily the other half's mum sent us some money and helped us survive! I think that was our low-point, as the sausage roll sounds like yours. I never wanted to be in that position again which was why I job-hunted for a year before I got my job. (I think my desperation put would-be employers off!) I hope I never have to be in that position again!

Thankyou so much for your support. I finish work early on Fridays and so will go there then to ask for advice. Also thankyou for the line "Council corruption should interest the media I would think." I never looked at it as council corruption before - but you're right! It is!

Thankyou. You've helped me see things in a different light. :)
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Rapunzel;1059540 wrote:

The only thing I can think of is to write to the 'This Morning' tv show but I'm too shy to go on live TV.

Rapunzel... Never never ever go on live tv. please trust me. They are all users who don't give a stuff about what heartache you have had. All they want is viewers and ratings and phone-in's. They are no better than Fleet Street gutter press hacks. The lovely presenters you see on the morning shows are only looking for a story the same as the papers. Don't be taken in by them.

I was on GMTV live interviewed by 'Ben Shepherd' who i have to say was lovely. I can't say the same for Kate Galloway. The whole experience turned me off completely and i turned down a request for another appearence. They are all a bunch of nobs.

Mind you, I did get to be in the same lift as Sting. He's very short you know!!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1059540 wrote: Dunno if anyone can give me some answers here. I thought it might be Spotalicious' cup of tea as he is always good at finding answers to technical type problems.

Anyhoo, your dear, sweet, thoughtful, considerate and kindly FG chum Rapunzel, has been landed with the not so dear, sweet, thoughtful and considerate neighbours from hell!

As in AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Actually it's more like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, yeah, you get the message!

I have 3 major probs with these dratsabs ... actually, that might be putting it backwards!

Firstly, there's the noise! They have spent 18 months drilling/ hammering/ sawing from 7am until 1 am! They use industrial strength drills and hammers and the godawful noise just pierces your skull! I was at the point of trying to find somewhere to buy a gun to shoot them - and am convinced I would not have been convicted after having to live through their unbelievable noise!

They've finally calmed down a bit but still hammer/ drill/ saw EVERY day - including weekends! They've been told by the Council that if they hammer/ drill/ saw on weekdays, they are NOT allowed to do it on weekends! However, here we are, Sunday lunchtime and they're at it again! And have been for 2 hours! And will be for another 5 hours! At least!

Secondly, the wife next door works for the Council. I've complained to the Council numerous times. They question her. She puts on her butter-wouldn't-melt goody-two-shoes expression and lies through her teeth about me. She must tell them she's innocent of everything and i'm an evil neighbour because they refuse to discuss it with me but tell me they have talked to her and believe what she says. Case closed. I have to say I thought the Council would be open to the truth but as with Haringey Social Services (and I'm sorry to connect my problems to such a heinous crime and sorry to bring the issue up again) but I can totally see how Councils will close ranks to protect their own employees rather than admit to any wrongdoing!

Thirdly, the wife has gone in my private Council files. Found out private information about me and used it for her own gain! She has also passed this information onto friends of hers and onto my neighbours which has destroyed the friendship I previously had with my other neighbours!

The Council have an out-of-hours phone service to ring and complain about noise on. I have phoned every Sunday for the last 4 weeks (its a new service). Obviously they have taken the matter up with Mrs Neighbour. She has just as obviously given them another sob story and told them its all lies. I have just phoned to complain AGAIN about the noise and when the girl who answered heard my name and address she slammed the phone down on me!

Who can I complain to or what can I do to get my voice heard over hers???

The only thing I can think of is to write to the 'This Morning' tv show but I'm too shy to go on live TV. :o

What else can I do? I'm sorry if this comes across as whingy. I don't mean it to but it's driving me nuts that she can destroy my life and get away with being so totally foul and obnoxious.

Helllllllllllllppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!! Please?

I have had a fair time of experience on the Housing committee and local council. I have had experience in this type of problem. If it is still on-going and you'd like to pm me over any thing, i will do my best to fill you in on housing regs, noise nuisence etc, if i can.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1061019 wrote: Rapunzel... Never never ever go on live tv. please trust me. They are all users who don't give a stuff about what heartache you have had. All they want is viewers and ratings and phone-in's. They are no better than Fleet Street gutter press hacks. The lovely presenters you see on the morning shows are only looking for a story the same as the papers. Don't be taken in by them.

I was on GMTV live interviewed by 'Ben Shepherd' who i have to say was lovely. I can't say the same for Kate Galloway. The whole experience turned me off completely and i turned down a request for another appearence. They are all a bunch of nobs.

Thanks Oscar, thats good to know!

I can usually say what I mean in writing, but whenever I open my gob I get tongue-twisted and get my muckin' furds wuddled and sound like a real pilchard and a total pratt! :-5

I KNOW that I would come across as an idiot and lose any support as people would just think "What a thicko!" :-5 :o

I wish I'd seen you on GMTV! But who knows - I might have done! :wah:

I saw my dental nurse on GMTV once, talking about her foreign boyfriend who'd cleared out her bank accounts and run up thousands of pounds of debt in her name!

I must say Ben Shepherd seems lovely - and I've NEVER liked Kate Galloway! The only one I dislike more is airhead Fiona whatsherface whose hubby runs the show! :p
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1061019 wrote: Mind you, I did get to be in the same lift as Sting. He's very short you know!!!

Blimey, that was personal!!!

[Oh, you meant his height.]:wah::wah:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1061023 wrote: I have had a fair time of experience on the Housing committee and local council. I have had experience in this type of problem. If it is still on-going and you'd like to pm me over any thing, i will do my best to fill you in on housing regs, noise nuisence etc, if i can.

Oh God! ANY advice you can give is welcome! I've been brushed off by the Chief Executive and bollocked by the Assistant Chief Executive for daring to upset my neighbour! They couldn't give a stuff what she did to me! And still does! She takes pleasure in being as foul as she can and is constantly stirring things up for me.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1061019 wrote: Mind you, I did get to be in the same lift as Sting. He's very short you know!!!

Sting is short??? :( Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :(

Still ... who cares in the dark? :lips: :D :wah:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I know that for a lot of you, I don't have to say this. So this is for the others.

Rapunzel, and her family, are some of the nicest, humblest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.:-4

They do not deserve this crap from their neighbours in the least.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

OpenMind;1061045 wrote: I know that for a lot of you, I don't have to say this. So this is for the others.

Rapunzel, and her family, are some of the nicest, humblest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.:-4

They do not deserve this crap from their neighbours in the least.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :o :o :o

I'm so touched! :o

(In the head - yeah I know!:wah:) But still, that is SOOOOO sweet of you Roger! Thankyou. :-4
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Rapunzel;1061051 wrote: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :o :o :o

I'm so touched! :o

(In the head - yeah I know!:wah:) But still, that is SOOOOO sweet of you Roger! Thankyou. :-4

I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true, Rap.:-6

:-4
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

OpenMind;1061075 wrote: I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true, Rap.:-6

:-4

:o Blushing here! :o But thank ee kindly sir! :)
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1061025 wrote: Thanks Oscar, thats good to know!

I can usually say what I mean in writing, but whenever I open my gob I get tongue-twisted and get my muckin' furds wuddled and sound like a real pilchard and a total pratt! :-5

I KNOW that I would come across as an idiot and lose any support as people would just think "What a thicko!" :-5 :o

I wish I'd seen you on GMTV! But who knows - I might have done! :wah:

I saw my dental nurse on GMTV once, talking about her foreign boyfriend who'd cleared out her bank accounts and run up thousands of pounds of debt in her name!

I must say Ben Shepherd seems lovely - and I've NEVER liked Kate Galloway! The only one I dislike more is airhead Fiona whatsherface whose hubby runs the show! :p

You imagine that these shows are scripted but they're not. Your given a time slot and you also have no idea of what your going to be asked. I can't bear to look at the video of my little performance. I was asked as well to go on Lorraine Kelly and Richard and Judy when it was on. I declined truely because they are all users. What may be distressing for you, is just another story for them and your no doubt forgotton as soon as you leave. I can achieve my goals from behind the scenes without feeding those people. Sorry if i sound cynical.

From what i have read about your problem, it sounds to me that you'd be better off with The Enviromental Health Dept. They have the power to impose hefty fines if people like your neighbour cause you un-due stress. Free of charge, they will put in high tech sound eqip into your house. Don't worry, this doesn't pick up every word yopu say, it is designed to only pick up noise nusience level above a regulated decibel level. You will be appointed your own investigator who will constantly update you.

Do you have any young children or elderly folk with you that are suffering as well?
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1061029 wrote: Blimey, that was personal!!!

[Oh, you meant his height.]:wah::wah:
Yes, his height :yh_rotfl Mind you, if Trudy Styler wasn't with him, who knows????
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1061114 wrote: Yes, his height :yh_rotfl Mind you, if Trudy Styler wasn't with him, who knows????

:yh_rotfl Depends on whether there's a CCTV in the lift or not.:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1061132 wrote: :yh_rotfl Depends on whether there's a CCTV in the lift or not.:sneaky::yh_rotfl Bugger... I think there was :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1061111 wrote: You imagine that these shows are scripted but they're not. Your given a time slot and you also have no idea of what your going to be asked. I can't bear to look at the video of my little performance. I was asked as well to go on Lorraine Kelly and Richard and Judy when it was on. I declined truely because they are all users. What may be distressing for you, is just another story for them and your no doubt forgotton as soon as you leave. I can achieve my goals from behind the scenes without feeding those people. Sorry if i sound cynical.

From what i have read about your problem, it sounds to me that you'd be better off with The Enviromental Health Dept. They have the power to impose hefty fines if people like your neighbour cause you un-due stress. Free of charge, they will put in high tech sound eqip into your house. Don't worry, this doesn't pick up every word yopu say, it is designed to only pick up noise nusience level above a regulated decibel level. You will be appointed your own investigator who will constantly update you.

Do you have any young children or elderly folk with you that are suffering as well?

Don't worry about sounding cynical! It's good to know what it's like from someone whose been through it! So thankyou. :yh_flower

I've contacted the Enviromental Health Dept. They sent me forms to fill in asking for dates, times, type of noise and how it affected me.

Hmmm...it sounded like a bee gently buzzing in summer meadows you officious cretins! How do they think it sounded? Like a heavy-duty pneumatic drill attached to my skull! Duh!

I have 2 teenagers in the house. My eldest was doing his GCSE's last year. It was fun for him, trying to revise! He didn't do as well as we'd hoped, unsurprisingly, but better than I expected, all things considered!

I had been pregnant, gone for pregnancy tests and was found to have diabetes and early-stages of cancer. I miscarried the baby sadly and was then treated for both conditions. I was supposed to rest. Bit hard with a pneumatic drill in your brain for 18 hours out of 24 for a WHOLE YEAR, including weekends and Bank Holidays! (Anger directed at neighbours, not you, dear Oscar).

The Enviromental Health Dept. has recently opened an out-of-hours phone line for noise abatement and other probs. I have phoned them every Sunday for 4 weeks. Obviously they have contacted my neighbour. She visited them and probably sadly, but bravely, told them what a psycho neighbour I am and how I complain at the sound of wind whispering through the trees and how, of course, she wouldn't dream of making any noise louder than the quietest whisper!

Whatever she said they obviously fell for -hook, line and sinker! (My sister, I have to say, is also a fabulous liar! She can tell the most outrageous whoppers and people always believe her! I wish I had that ability!) Anyway, she pulled the wool over their eyes, so that when they were knocking five bells out of the walls this Sunday and I phoned to complain AGAIN, the girl asked for my name and address and when I told her ...... she slammed the phone down on me!

WTF? :mad:
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1061158 wrote: Don't worry about sounding cynical! It's good to know what it's like from someone whose been through it! So thankyou. :yh_flower

I've contacted the Enviromental Health Dept. They sent me forms to fill in asking for dates, times, type of noise and how it affected me.

Hmmm...it sounded like a bee gently buzzing in summer meadows you officious cretins! How do they think it sounded? Like a heavy-duty pneumatic drill attached to my skull! Duh!

I have 2 teenagers in the house. My eldest was doing his GCSE's last year. It was fun for him, trying to revise! He didn't do as well as we'd hoped, unsurprisingly, but better than I expected, all things considered!

I had been pregnant, gone for pregnancy tests and was found to have diabetes and early-stages of cancer. I miscarried the baby sadly and was then treated for both conditions. I was supposed to rest. Bit hard with a pneumatic drill in your brain for 18 hours out of 24 for a WHOLE YEAR, including weekends and Bank Holidays! (Anger directed at neighbours, not you, dear Oscar).

The Enviromental Health Dept. has recently opened an out-of-hours phone line for noise abatement and other probs. I have phoned them every Sunday for 4 weeks. Obviously they have contacted my neighbour. She visited them and probably sadly, but bravely, told them what a psycho neighbour I am and how I complain at the sound of wind whispering through the trees and how, of course, she wouldn't dream of making any noise louder than the quietest whisper!

Whatever she said they obviously fell for -hook, line and sinker! (My sister, I have to say, is also a fabulous liar! She can tell the most outrageous whoppers and people always believe her! I wish I had that ability!) Anyway, she pulled the wool over their eyes, so that when they were knocking five bells out of the walls this Sunday and I phoned to complain AGAIN, the girl asked for my name and address and when I told her ...... she slammed the phone down on me!

WTF? :mad:

What a nightmare.

You have a legal right to demand free sound equipment under the noise nuisence act. They have a legal right to oblige. If they have hung up on you.. Is the office within travelling distance of you?? You can walk in and ask for an appointment. If they refuse, which they shouldn't, tell them you are contacting your local MP and do so. He can be found by googling or in your telephone yellow pages. If that fails, local council will have details where to contact him. Also, find your local Councillor be it Tory or Labour, it doesn't matter, they are there and paid to help folks like yourself with issue's like this. They carry alot more weight with councils and Enviromental Health. You have to increase the pressure. No-body gets anywhere with burocratic chiefs without become a real pain in the butt. The more you keep on, the more they will want to get you off their backs, so they will have to deal with it.

Do you have a home tape recorder that you could record the noise when it's at it's worst?? Tell them you are doing this as well.

Really push with them how much it's affecting your health and don't be afraid to exaggerate, most people do.

Go to see your doctor and promptly burst into tears when you walk in. Ask him for a letter to say it is affecting your health. Doc's letter's carry alot of weight also.

Hope some of this helps.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1061234 wrote: What a nightmare.

You have a legal right to demand free sound equipment under the noise nuisence act. They have a legal right to oblige. If they have hung up on you.. Is the office within travelling distance of you?? You can walk in and ask for an appointment. If they refuse, which they shouldn't, tell them you are contacting your local MP and do so. He can be found by googling or in your telephone yellow pages. If that fails, local council will have details where to contact him. Also, find your local Councillor be it Tory or Labour, it doesn't matter, they are there and paid to help folks like yourself with issue's like this. They carry alot more weight with councils and Enviromental Health. You have to increase the pressure. No-body gets anywhere with burocratic chiefs without become a real pain in the butt. The more you keep on, the more they will want to get you off their backs, so they will have to deal with it.

Do you have a home tape recorder that you could record the noise when it's at it's worst?? Tell them you are doing this as well.

Really push with them how much it's affecting your health and don't be afraid to exaggerate, most people do.

Go to see your doctor and promptly burst into tears when you walk in. Ask him for a letter to say it is affecting your health. Doc's letter's carry alot of weight also.

Hope some of this helps.

You're a star! The office is literally 5 minutes down the road! I was thinking about writing to my MP but have the traditional Brit hangup of not wanting to cause a fuss or make a scene. I keep hoping (against hope) that things will get better! :thinking:

Would the doctor really write a letter? I would have thought they'd be too busy for that or else that you'd have to pay for it.

You've given me purpose, I was beginning to feel it was all hopeless! I must go and do some major letter-writing!

Thankyou everyone for all your help and support. :-4

It's been very much appreciated. :)
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1061273 wrote: You're a star! The office is literally 5 minutes down the road! I was thinking about writing to my MP but have the traditional Brit hangup of not wanting to cause a fuss or make a scene. I keep hoping (against hope) that things will get better! :thinking:

Would the doctor really write a letter? I would have thought they'd be too busy for that or else that you'd have to pay for it.

You've given me purpose, I was beginning to feel it was all hopeless! I must go and do some major letter-writing!

Thankyou everyone for all your help and support. :-4

It's been very much appreciated. :)

GOOD LUCK

Don't forget that you have a right to an appointment at the Enviromental Health Dept as well as council. If they refuse, i don't think they can, but if so just tell them the next they will hear will be from your MP or Councillor. Trust me, this is what local MP's are paid to do for their constituants. My local MP went as far as to get my disabled neighbour a new shower out of the council. Never feel that you are being a nuisence to them. It's what they are there for.

If you are a NHS patient, your Doc should write a letter free of charge. It helps if you are in reciept of any kind of benifit or child benifit.

Keep a diary of who you visited or called when and at what time. You can use it to record reference numbers. Alway's make sure you get the full name of the person you have spoken to either face to face or on the phone as a reference. They must give it to you by law as with any case like this. Check what department they are in as well

YOU GO GET THEM GIRL :D:D:D
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Thankyou Oscar! You've been brilliant! :yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs

I havta get some shuteye now - it's way past my beddybyes time!

(why on earth am I talking like a 3 year old?) :-2

However, I will get onto that tomorrow night and start posting some letters!

I will let you know how it goes! ;)
spot

Post by spot »

I really think the only practical option is for you to bring your own action in the Magistrate's Court, given the lack of reaction from the council. Once you've had a court order you'll have more weight with the council as well because there'll be proof of previous antisocial behaviour.

Here's the offence:EXTRACTS FROM PART 3 OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT

1990 NOISE NUISANCE

SECTION 79-Statutory nuisances:

(1) Subject to subsections (2) to (6) below,the following matters constitute "statutory

nuisances" for the purpose of this Part,that is to say-

(g) noise emitted from premises so as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance;

(2) Subsections (1)(b) and (g) above do not apply in relation to premises-

(a) occupied on behalf of the Crown for naval,military or air force purposes or for the

purposes of the department of the Secretary of State having responsibility for defence,or

(b) occupied by or for the purposes of a visiting force;...........

(6) Subsection (1)(g) above does not apply to noise caused by aircraft other than model

aircraft.

(7) In this Part-

"prejudicial to health" means injurious,or likely to cause injury,to health;

There's a step-by-step guide attached. None of the steps are expensive, it will get you a hearing within weeks and an order to stop, with maybe a fine. The real threat is bringing a second case.

You sound like there's no civility left to be lost so I can't see any reason not to.

I'll try to find a cheap noise recording meter, I'd have thought that would help a lot.

Attached files LegalAction.pdf (28 KB) 
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”