Let's Build the Hotel!

Accountable

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Accountable »

I think it would be a wonderful idea to open a ForumGarden Hotel forum in the Relaxing area, then move all the "Room" and "Ask (whoever) Anything" threads started throughout the years, into that area. That way we could roam the halls and visit whichever room we wish much more easily than we can now.

along-for-the-ride;1058659 wrote: We have noticed that many of our members, including myself, have their own Rooms here on the Forum. These rooms are places where you can come and say hello and chat. Nice places. But,since I don't always have time to visit, I just want to say "Hello" here in the lobby. :)

We do, however, need Room Service. Someone to accomodate the needs of the guests in the Room. Like chilled wine, a sumptuous meal, fresh towels and linen.

Any volunteers?
pinkchick

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by pinkchick »

Accountable;1059522 wrote: I think it would be a wonderful idea to open a ForumGarden Hotel forum in the Relaxing area, then move all the "Room" and "Ask (whoever) Anything" threads started throughout the years, into that area. That way we could roam the halls and visit whichever room we wish much more easily than we can now.

Sounds like a good idea to me :D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
spot

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by spot »

I've copied the OP to the mod area to make sure Tombstone sees it, nobody else has access to the raise-a-forum panel.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Chezzie »

Excellent Idea:-6
along-for-the-ride

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Accountable.................excellent idea! That was exactly what I was getting at in my thread.

My Room is "AFTR's Daily Commute" in the general chit-chat area. :) I shall be the Hotel's Shuttle Bus Service.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Can we also move the "word games" into a "gaming room?"
sunny104

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by sunny104 »

great idea! :)
along-for-the-ride

Let's Build the Hotel!

Are the "powers that be" here on the Garden going to pursue this idea?
Tombstone

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Tombstone »

Being done now!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
along-for-the-ride

Let's Build the Hotel!

Tombstone;1065390 wrote: Being done now!

:) Great!

And.............thank you.
spot

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by spot »

So, do people want all the rooms and ask-anything threads moving into the Hotel over the weekend?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Accountable »

I vote YES! :-6
CARLA

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by CARLA »

Brilliant idea..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

wildhorses

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by wildhorses »

A Hotel is a great idea. One poster said we should have a gaming room. Really good idea too!!. Like one of those big four star hotels with cafes, shops, arcades, gardens, concierge, bar, room service.....and of course the rooms. So cozy. I really like the ideas all the members have suggested. :-6
along-for-the-ride

Let's Build the Hotel!

spot;1065480 wrote: So, do people want all the rooms and ask-anything threads moving into the Hotel over the weekend?

Yes! Don't forget to move my "AFTR's Daily Commute" there as I run the Hotel Shuttle Bus and that's my "room."

All aboard!:wah:
spot

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1065943 wrote: Yes! Don't forget to move my "AFTR's Daily Commute" there as I run the Hotel Shuttle Bus and that's my "room."

All aboard!:wah:

Shout, anyone, if I missed any threads that ought to be there.

The ForumGarden Hotel construction phase 2 is now complete.
Kathy Ellen

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1065958 wrote: Shout, anyone, if I missed any threads that ought to be there.

The ForumGarden Hotel construction phase 2 is now complete.

Yes, can we move the word games there:-6
spot

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1065964 wrote: Yes, can we move the word games there:-6

They have an entire forum all to themselves which would become empty and unused if I did that!
Kathy Ellen

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh I misunderstood...I thought by moving things over to the hotel....you would click on "Hotel" and all of those items would appear...

My mistake..
spot

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1065979 wrote: Oh I misunderstood...I thought by moving things over to the hotel....you would click on "Hotel" and all of those items would appear...

My mistake..

They do. That's why there's a forum for the Hotel posts, so you can click on ForumGarden Hotel - ForumGarden and all the items appear.

If you click on http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/word-games/ all the Word Games appear.
Kathy Ellen

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1065980 wrote: They do. That's why there's a forum for the Hotel posts, so you can click on ForumGarden Hotel - ForumGarden and all the items appear.

If you click on Word Games - ForumGarden all the Word Games appear.

Ok, so the only changes we'll really see is you can locate the games quickly in the "forum area," but the games et all will still be interspersed in the daily postings...is that right?
Kathy Ellen

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Sorry Spot...I didn't mean games, I meant rooms..
spot

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1065988 wrote: Ok, so the only changes we'll really see is you can locate the games quickly in the "forum area," but the games et all will still be interspersed in the daily postings...is that right?

The word games are in the word games forum.

The hotel-related postings - the "rooms" and the "ask me anything" threads - are in the ForumGarden Hotel forum.

The reason that the forum areas exist - there's about forty of them - is to locate topic-related posts in one place for people browsing the site. They can browse all the posts related to, for example, motor cycles or the weather or pets or sport on one screen without seeing anything unrelated at the same time.

All the posts, the hotel and the word games and the pets and the motorcycles, appear mixed together in reverse time order on Today's Posts. Every thread you've posted to already appears in reverse time order on My Replies. These are all different ways of bringing posts together onto your screen in an order which helps you get to where you want to reach. When all else fails, try Search.

The change you'll see as a result of putting the Hotel forum up is all the Room and Ask-me threads in one place for the first time. I can't think of any other difference.
Kathy Ellen

Let's Build the Hotel!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1065994 wrote: The word games are in the word games forum.

The hotel-related postings - the "rooms" and the "ask me anything" threads - are in the ForumGarden Hotel forum.

The reason that the forum areas exist - there's about forty of them - is to locate topic-related posts in one place for people browsing the site. They can browse all the posts related to, for example, motor cycles or the weather or pets or sport on one screen without seeing anything unrelated at the same time.

All the posts, the hotel and the word games and the pets and the motorcycles, appear mixed together in reverse time order on Today's Posts. Every thread you've posted to already appears in reverse time order on My Replies. These are all different ways of bringing posts together onto your screen in an order which helps you get to where you want to reach. When all else fails, try Search.

The change you'll see as a result of putting the Hotel forum up is all the Room and Ask-me threads in one place for the first time. I can't think of any other difference.

Thank you Spot...I apparently misunderstood the purpose of the Forum Hotel. I originally thought that you would click on a thread called the Forum Garden Hotel and all the rooms would appear there and not on the daily posts....oy vey:p I understand now.

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”