Hug an atheist for Christmas

Kindle

Post by Kindle »

I learned this morning (from watching CNN) that atheists feel left out and lonely around Christmas.

It was suggested that Christian people 'hug an atheist for Christmas'.

I wanted to read more about this and looked this up on the internet. I found that there are many sites on this and that they even sell tee shirts with that message on them.

Then I wondered just how many atheists we are talking about. Here is what I found:

Atheist Population

From Conservapedia

In respect to the atheist population of the world, there have been many studies in regards to the atheist demographics and in regards to the percentage of atheists in various geographic areas. In regards to the atheist population as a percentage of various countries' populations, specific research on atheists conducted in 2006 suggests that the true proportion of atheists is 4% in the United States, 17% in Great Britain and 32% in France. A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious."[1] In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic.[2][3]

I did not realize the population of atheists was so small and, though I believe hugging a person who feels left out and lonely may make them feel better, I think the decree of "hug an atheist for Christmas" seems to be a bit condescending.

What do you think?

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

And of course to hug an atheist, you will first need to know how to spot them:

1. Look for the sign on their backs that say: Atheist.

2. Look for the familiar 666 symbol just under their hairlines.

3. Watch for other Christians chasing relentlessly after someone with bibles in their hands screaming something about salvation.

4. Watch for people whose heads start spinning and start vomiting green vile when they get in the proximity of a church.

5. Watch for people who leave shopping centers and major retailers without actually buying anything.

6. Try to see the little red devil on their shoulder.

If none of this works, then just assume all are atheists and hug everyone.

:yh_devil :yh_pray
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I was moved by this thread;

kind of makes me shed a tear or two.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Let me wipe back my tears and stop whimpering over my mistakes in the past; but I just can't help from the tear flow. I was wrong; oh man, just plain wrong...

Oh wait a minute, let me compose myself;;

I just did not do it!!!

I did not hug an Atheist this past christmas.

Good grief.

Man.

I am sooo sorry!

Man; I got to do better in life.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Two deceptive things to observe here; two opinions, one from a Theist, then a profound response from an Atheist. And christmas is thrown into this mix.

I want to use this to show a more profound polarity that exist.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1446227 wrote: Two deceptive things to observe here; two opinions, one from a Theist, then a profound response from an Atheist. And christmas is thrown into this mix.

I want to use this to show a more profound polarity that exist.

That polarity is shown in the Tree of the KNOWLEDGE of good and evil, which was " Planted" in the garden of Eden, or installed on earth. Thats what that means, insituted on earth. ALL of the knowledge production on earth that humans are privy to has come from this tree; and its all mixed with both good and evil, and THIS is the root cause of all confusion.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

So we have A Theist wanting to show some love to an Atheist; or we have one way of thinking wanting to commune with another.

And when God himself wants to talk with a human, this is the same dynamic which exist; one way of thinking, ( God), wanting to commune with a totally oppisite way of thinking, ( Man).

God wanting to show some love to humanity.

but this is not an easy thing to do; its a very volitile situation, as we can see even on the human level of Atheist to Theist.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Atheist to Theist, come on- give a hug

be balanced

show some love for your significant other

the other

Cain and Abel

Yen and Yang

you and me!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Atheism and Theism has been polarized from their conception in the Garden of Eden. Destined to disagree; remember that, those two ways of life, two ways of thinking, were energized into humanity , but NOT by humanity.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Christ is Back in Christmas! - YouTube

I love the line to look up vicarious redemption.

Regards

DL

Return to “General Religious Discussions”