Copying VHS to DVD

along-for-the-ride

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I would like to make a copy of a VHS tape into a DVD. The content on this VHS tape is a home movie, not a feature film. Has anyone else ever done this?

If so, where do you go to have it done? How long did it take? What did it cost you?

I do have a DVD player as well as a VHS player.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by spot »

To do it at home you need a DVD recorder. If it's the one in your computer then you need a socket that will take a video signal into the computer from the VHS player. Otherwise, checking your local ads will find a place to do it for $20.

There are $10 S-Video-and-sound to USB2 adapters that provide the missing computer socket if yours doesn't have one.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by Nomad »

along-for-the-ride;975905 wrote: I would like to make a copy of a VHS tape into a DVD. The content on this VHS tape is a home movie, not a feature film. Has anyone else ever done this?

If so, where do you go to have it done? How long did it take? What did it cost you?

Is the home movie yours ?

Can you prove it ?

Until you can come up with some rock solid answers Im not comfortable with this plan.

Nomad
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by CARLA »

Have it done its cheaper and they will do a much better job then you could. It requires a specific machine that does VHS to DVD. I have one pain in the butt to figure out. :-5

Look on the internet for a place that does this there are many copy place that do if for minimal amout of money.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

along-for-the-ride

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Thanks for the replies.:) I will do a search on the net.

Yes, Nomad, the VHS movie is mine. :wah: My uncle who worked for Kodak at the time made the tape and compiled silent home movies with a musical score in the background. I'm one of the cast of characters.;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Accountable

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by Accountable »

If your computer has a DVD writer you can edit the vhs before putting it on disk. I found a little gizmo called Dazzle that plugs into a usb slot and has audio & video "in" jacks for the vhs. You can dub directly to a dvd or copy the video to your hard drive and edit it. I got the cheaper version for about 50 buck and it works great.
Richard Bell

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by Richard Bell »

along-for-the-ride;975905 wrote: I would like to make a copy of a VHS tape into a DVD. The content on this VHS tape is a home movie, not a feature film. Has anyone else ever done this?

DVD recorders are pretty cheap now. I just checked a US site (Best Buy), and they have a Toshiba for $119.99.

They are easy to use, and if you have more than one tape to convert, it wouldn't take too many for the machine to pay for itself, rather than hiring somebody to do it for you.
Nomad

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by Nomad »

along-for-the-ride;976089 wrote: Thanks for the replies.:) I will do a search on the net.

Yes, Nomad, the VHS movie is mine. :wah: My uncle who worked for Kodak at the time made the tape and compiled silent home movies with a musical score in the background. I'm one of the cast of characters.;)

Ill show you mine if you show me yours.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peter Benders

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by Peter Benders »

can somebody pls tell me how this is done.. even i want to copy a vhs to a dvd.. if there is any software or machine or any shop where it is done..thanks
CARLA

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by CARLA »

There are machines that you can buy VHS to DVD but in all honestly it is cheaper and faster to google a company in your area that does it and usually it is at a reasonable price.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”