So This Is What Its Like

A forum to discuss local issues in Canada.
Nomad

So This Is What Its Like

Post by Nomad »

in Canada.

Two Canadian teens were handed a year’s probation for trashing a home while the owners were on vacation, and leaving behind a nasty present, according to the Globe and Mail.

Among the $10,000 in damages was writing scrawled on the kitchen window and cabinets: "You had a nice cat" and "it's in the microwave."

Princess, the cat, "was screaming in the microwave for 10 minutes while it was essentially cooked to death," Prosecutor John Laluk reportedly told the court.

The two 16-year-old boys from Camrose, Alberta, pleaded guilty to breaking and entering, theft and causing pain to an animal. Both were sentenced to 100 hours of community service and one had to give up his family dog, the newspaper reported.

Outside the court Thursday, protesters carried signs demanding "Justice for Princess." Three others are facing charges in relation to the crime.

Click here to read the story from globeandmail.com.
I AM AWESOME MAN
mikeinie

So This Is What Its Like

Post by mikeinie »

Figures, the is obvious that the judges house needs to broken into sometime and trashed as he/she has clearly no sense of sympathy for the victims.

Bring back public lashing is what I say!! 100 lashes with a cane would teach them something.
Odie

So This Is What Its Like

Post by Odie »

doesn't surprise me in the least!

to damn leninent here, I know what I would have given them!
Life is just to short for drama.
hoxtonchris

So This Is What Its Like

Post by hoxtonchris »

sadly in england we hear this travesty of justice all too often,until large sums of money are involved such as robberies ,burgleries on the rich and famous etc.but when the ordinary bloke on the street is crapped on out come the do gooders worrying about the villains human rites!scuse me ime just gonna go put some coins in an old sock!!!!
Odie

So This Is What Its Like

Post by Odie »

I often think our judiscial system is just way to afraid to up the penalties.

perhaps for the judges sakes?

otherwise why on earth do so many things go untouched.
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder

So This Is What Its Like

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;975383 wrote: doesn't surprise me in the least!

to damn leninent here, I know what I would have given them!

I'm not exactly sure all of the stories that go on in Canada but if it were up to me I'd make an example off of these two clowns..."Clowns" serves clowns no justice...I'll say sadly ignorant idiots...

I'd put them in jail for a year with 200 hours community service and a life long ban of their right to own animals...
RedGlitter

So This Is What Its Like

Post by RedGlitter »

Hopefully on their way to community service they'll get in a terrible car wreck and die a slow painful death. Not slow enough or painful enough for my taste.

ETA: A years probation and community service is a fkn INSULT to both the people and the cat! An INSULT! That judge oughtta be hanged.
Nomad

So This Is What Its Like

Post by Nomad »

Well Minksy ???

Care to explain ???

:wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

So This Is What Its Like

Post by spot »

Princess, the cat, "was screaming in the microwave for 10 minutes while it was essentially cooked to death"?

They had it on Defrost?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

So This Is What Its Like

Post by Nomad »

spot;975921 wrote: Princess, the cat, "was screaming in the microwave for 10 minutes while it was essentially cooked to death"?

They had it on Defrost?

Are you privy to information on how long it should take to cook a cat ?

If so how and why ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

So This Is What Its Like

Post by spot »

Nomad;975959 wrote: Are you privy to information on how long it should take to cook a cat ?

If so how and why ?It's sums. An 800 watt microwave puts out 190 Calories per second, that's an increase of 11.5°C per minute per kilogram of cat. An average cat weighs 3kg.

A 14°C increase of body temperature to 50°C will cause "rigidity in the muscles and certain, immediate death". That's just over 3 minutes.

Maybe Princess was a big breed.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
K.Snyder

So This Is What Its Like

Post by K.Snyder »

Nomad;975959 wrote: Are you privy to information on how long it should take to cook a cat ?

If so how and why ?

No he's implying that the two assailants' motives were much more deeply entrenched evident on the fact that this was no ordinary case...This was a crime of passion...The two defendants could have just as easily put Princess in the microwave on a much higher setting which would have made her death short at the same time unquestionably casual...

The fact that it had taken over 10 minutes to kill Princess lets you know that the motives in this case were not initiated out of spite rather much more deeply motivated...
minks

So This Is What Its Like

Post by minks »

It's an appauling story is what I think Nomad. A horrific crime that could have been committed in any country. As for the punishment the teens received, highly inadequate.

I have never supported our young offenders act (which I suspect is what has come into place here with such a feeble sentance) And I am all for the death penalty.

Pity it's what people believe as this is "what it's like in Canada"
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
K.Snyder

So This Is What Its Like

Post by K.Snyder »

minks;976550 wrote:

I have never supported our young offenders act (which I suspect is what has come into place here with such a feeble sentance) And I am all for the death penalty. "You'd" think that making punishments stiffer within youth criminals would help to keep them from committing more crimes...

minks;976550 wrote:

I don't think anyone really thinks that...Not wholeheartedly...If they do then they're sadly uneducated...
Nomad

So This Is What Its Like

Post by Nomad »

minks;976550 wrote: It's an appauling story is what I think Nomad. A horrific crime that could have been committed in any country. As for the punishment the teens received, highly inadequate.

I have never supported our young offenders act (which I suspect is what has come into place here with such a feeble sentance) And I am all for the death penalty.

No one thinks that Minksy.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

So This Is What Its Like

Post by qsducks »

Put tiny slivers of wood between their fingernails and hang them upside down for a week or two.
Nomad

So This Is What Its Like

Post by Nomad »

qsducks;978225 wrote: Put tiny slivers of wood between their fingernails and hang them upside down for a week or two.

Wow !

You are my kinda gal !
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

So This Is What Its Like

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;984494 wrote: Wow !

You are my kinda gal !

I knew we had something in common:wah:
minks

So This Is What Its Like

Post by minks »

K.Snyder;976560 wrote: "You'd" think that making punishments stiffer within youth criminals would help to keep them from committing more crimes...

I don't think anyone really thinks that...Not wholeheartedly...If they do then they're sadly uneducated...

Yes I think so, I don't know how many other countries out there have such a law and I would be interested to see stats on how well this law works compared to other countries without it. :-5

I had my daughter at the tender age of about 8 threatened by another child with a stick with a nail in it, and the husband at the time went out to deal with the budding hoodlum and the little **** told him flat out "you can't do anything to me, the young offenders act will protect me" this was 14 years ago again I repeat :-5

Teach kids about consequences I say.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
qsducks

So This Is What Its Like

Post by qsducks »

minks;985183 wrote: Yes I think so, I don't know how many other countries out there have such a law and I would be interested to see stats on how well this law works compared to other countries without it. :-5

I had my daughter at the tender age of about 8 threatened by another child with a stick with a nail in it, and the husband at the time went out to deal with the budding hoodlum and the little **** told him flat out "you can't do anything to me, the young offenders act will protect me" this was 14 years ago again I repeat :-5

Teach kids about consequences I say.

The little p*sser would have been dead meat at the hands of my daughter. She is older now and a so-called friend called her a bunch of names at the beach. Not very nice names I may add. She ended up giving him two black eyes and a cut lip. And yes, all her friends and some of his backed her up.:)
qsducks

So This Is What Its Like

Post by qsducks »

I must add that he egged her on and dared her. Big mistake on his end.:wah:
qsducks

So This Is What Its Like

Post by qsducks »

Scrat;985395 wrote: I think some kind of corporal punishment is in order, public caning would be a good start. It won't deter every criminal mind out there but I'll bet it will certainly curb it.

I will pass that idea on to my daughter and buy her the whip:wah:
K.Snyder

So This Is What Its Like

Post by K.Snyder »

minks;985183 wrote: I had my daughter at the tender age of about 8 threatened by another child with a stick with a nail in it, and the husband at the time went out to deal with the budding hoodlum and the little **** told him flat out "you can't do anything to me, the young offenders act will protect me" this was 14 years ago again I repeat :-5

Wow...

Gives you a bit of perspective doesn't it?...

It just goes to show how deeply entrenched a criminal mindset establishes itself into people...For a 14 year old kid to become more criminal based entirely off of the fact they know the consequences of their actions will be sadly lenient...Unacceptable.

Romanticizing crime by virtue of leniency...I believe more so in crime prevention than retribution but there still has to be retribution, otherwise you get cases like "Oops, sorry, my mistake...I murdered this person but that was when I was drinking...I quit drinking so you can let me go now"...:rolleyes:...
BTS

So This Is What Its Like

Post by BTS »

Nomad;974620 wrote: So This Is What Its Like in Canada.

Is that a question or statement mad?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Return to “Canada”