Here is a strange one from me...

Discuss the Christian Faith.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Does anyone here attend church, chapel or meetings on Sunday's anymore?
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Easy wrote: Why do you ask?Just Asking.
abbey

Post by abbey »

capt_buzzard wrote: Just Asking.
D'you go Buzz?
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yes, but not as often as I used to.
abbey

Post by abbey »

capt_buzzard wrote: Yes, but not as often as I used to.
I know that its going off the subject a little, but at the top of my street theirs a church & its quite well attended but i cant help noticing that the congregation are all elderly, no-one seems to be under the age of 50.

Dont know what the relevance is, i just wonder where the church gets future worshippers :confused:
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Its because the Minister or Priest's preaching is out of touch with today's generation.
abbey

Post by abbey »

capt_buzzard wrote: Its because the Minister or Priest's preaching is out of touch with today's generation.
Well no disrespect but maybe he/she should pep it up a touch, maybe do the sermon in gangsta-rap :rolleyes:
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

capt_buzzard wrote: Does anyone here attend church, chapel or meetings on Sunday's anymore?

Nope! My Sundays consist of my good friends: Football, Baseball and Beer.
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

ISLAM is the fastest growing religion in the UK today.
abbey

Post by abbey »

capt_buzzard wrote: ISLAM is the fastest growing religion in the UK today.
You do surprise me, and i'm an Aethiest!
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

abbey wrote: You do surprise me, and i'm an Aethiest! Really Abbey, there is not such this as an Aethiest!
abbey

Post by abbey »

capt_buzzard wrote: Really Abbey, there is not such this as an Aethiest!
How so??
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

tmbsgrl wrote: Actually my family and i go every Sunday. We are excited BC this Sunday is the first Service in the "New Church" Our old building wad getting TOO small for everyone so they built us a bigger church.. I can't not wait until Sunday! I am excited! What Church is that may I ask?
Raven

Post by Raven »

capt_buzzard wrote: ISLAM is the fastest growing religion in the UK today.
And why is that, do you think? (honest question! honest!)
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
koan

Post by koan »

Raven wrote: And why is that, do you think? (honest question! honest!)

I'd like to know why too. It may be based on statistics which I would be interested in seeing. UK is much older that North America I wonder if the trends there precede those in the new world.

I don't go to church. I was told I should check out one where all the aliens go but I don't want them to see me. Last thing I need on a Sunday is a probe.
abbey

Post by abbey »

koan wrote: [ Last thing I need on a Sunday is a probe.
YOU SPEAK FOR YERSELF ;) ;) :wah:
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: Does anyone here attend church, chapel or meetings on Sunday's anymore?

Welcome back Capt!

Count me and my family as a "yes" on this.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Capt :-6

We attend church regularly and thoroughly enjoy both church and the fellowship meal at the pub after. The odd time I even have communion beer at the pub.LOL

Shalom

Ted :-6
Lon

Post by Lon »

Last time I was in church was for a wedding in June of 1999. I haven't been to Sunday church in 40 or 50 years. It's always conflicted with something else that I wanted to do instead.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Welcome back Ted, I always enjoy your coments and posts, may not always agree though.:D

Thanks Tombstone
LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

abbey wrote: I know that its going off the subject a little, but at the top of my street theirs a church & its quite well attended but i cant help noticing that the congregation are all elderly, no-one seems to be under the age of 50.

Dont know what the relevance is, i just wonder where the church gets future worshippers :confused:

I had to answer this.....still haven't read this whole thread.

This church probably keeps getting members cause people keep getting older. There will always be a LOT of people still alive who are OVER the age of 50. Make sense!

xxxxxxoooo

mama

Edited to add. I go to my son's worship service almost every week when he's in town. He travels alot.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

I love to sit in a field,meadow or park with my friends and look at the beauty around us. Sometimes we have read from the bible, other time we just talk about God, as we understand Him.

Attached files
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

tmbsgrl wrote: Christian Church.. It is called Radiant Church.. My family and i love it!That's a new one to me.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

the congregation at my local churches is mostly elderly people, more and more churches are converted into flats & houses as nowardays people just dont believe, i dont think its that the priests/ministers are out of touch

just my 2 cents worth
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

havent been in a while, normally try to go every christmas though

my problem with the church is some of their questionable attitudes to things such as contraception etc i dont see why i should go and sit to listen to someone preach at me about who and how i shodl worship etc

id rather take a moment out of my day and have a private minute with the man himself then go to church to do it en masse.......

and another question - one of my friends works at a youth group for her local church (her full time job) she takes them out to the cinema, cooks with them has discussion groups...... yet she has absolutely NO training in that kind of field at all and no police checks have been run against her (not that im suggesting shes not trust worthy she completely is but that doesnt mean everyone in her situation would be).
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
nev

Post by nev »

Capt_Buzzard I treat Sunday as a special day to be kept holy and enjoyed. I do go to church on most Sundays. On the Sunday that I do not go to church I share the worship on TV, regardless of who is doing the worship. If I do not do some kind of special communal worship on a Sunday then I feel I have missed something.

The rest of Sunday is performing chores, doing things I enjoy and restful. Sunday evening it is tradition that I cook a special meal which I do with special thanks to God for the gifts he has granted me.

As I said I have made Sunday the special day in my week and I try to keep it such as much as possible!
:)
koan

Post by koan »

It might be neat to go to a different kind of church/temple/mosque every month. I think I'll leave out Scientology though. I'd like to be able to leave again at some point. With my wallet relatively intact.
gmc

Post by gmc »

walked out as a teenager refusing to join-as you do in the scottish church-and have only been back for other people's weddings and funerals.
Jives

Post by Jives »

I, too, stopped going as soon as my parents no longer had control over my decisions. I still believe devoutly in Christ and practice Christianity as best I can. (I pray and try to live a Christian life.)

But church itself lost all meaning to me.

Besides, once I began working three jobs, and grading papers on Saturday, I desperately needed some time for myself to regenerate. Sunday is it, my day of rest.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Somewhere along the way I lost all desire to ever step foot into a church again.
BTS

Post by BTS »

The fastest growing faith based church in the US is the LDS church........

http://www.westernrecorder.org/wr/WRSIT ... 508-Report
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

I attend church every Sabbath (Saturday morning service). I never work from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, but use it as sacred time for rest, worship, study, fellowship and enjoyment of the outdoors.gmc wrote: walked out as a teenager refusing to join-as you do in the scottish church-and have only been back for other people's weddings and funerals.Scottish church? Is that some kind of compulsory thing, or is there no alternative in Scotland? I'm with you, gmc. A State church would be a major turn-off for me too.
Look what the cat dragged in.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Good question Capt. I attend our Messianic service on Saturday (I believe the seventh day is the Sabbath). If I’m visiting friends or family who worship on Sunday I worship with them. I look forward to the Sabbath and attending services. If the service isn’t inspiring or seems to lack meaning, the first thing I have to check on is my attitude.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

My children attend a private school where they go to church every Tuesday & Thursday..I believe in my church, (Catholic) but I also believe that terrible things that happen do not need to be the burden of the parish...I spend a lot of $$$ on tuition & beleive it should be used to update the schools and materials..not pay for the sick penance of a man with out a soul that molests small children.....I graduated from there, as will 2 of my 4 children..the other 2 have chosen to go to the public school next year, and enjoyed my education very much. I can not say one bad thing about my K-12 experience...No crazy priest stories anyway..

BUt I do attend on the weekends sometimes. I am not a hypocrit by sending my kids but not going myself..I just have fallen away since my divorce, cancer, my father passing, my brothers accident....should I go on.. No I know that God does not cause bad things but sometimes I just want to say - "If You do not give us more then we can handle, how big our my shoulders??" :rolleyes:

On the happier side.. this was a good post...Sorry about my whines... :o

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
minks

Post by minks »

No church for me, nor religion.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Christianity”