Whats Your Favourite Music Video?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

mine is "dreams" by the cranberries ...

shot in oh so beautiful ireland (i think) ... vocalist dolores o'riordan so reminds me

of the waif like sinéad o'connor ... another simply marvellous irish singer!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

JJ, may I please include three? Because I can't skinny it down to just one.

Lightning Crashes by Live I always liked the song and now it reminds me of losing my mom and the Life Circle. I like how they stripped it down to bare bones and put a 1930s era filter on it. The porcelain wash basin....blood in the water, blood being the essence of life and death, as the old woman dies a new life is born, it just speaks to me. The part where he sings "Lightning crashes...an old mother dies. Her intentions fall to the floor."Speaks exactly of my mother's final day. In the morning she requested her toothbrush and when she left us that evening, I remember thinking how forlorn and odd that toothbrush was...it was a thing used in mortal life...not needed where she would be.

Gordon Lightfoot's "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

I have always been attached to this song. There are a lot of music videos about the Fitz but none that brings it home like this one.. The 1970s footage of the news anchor (was it Cronkite? I can't remember that guy) delivering the tragedy and all the ship footage, the photos of the men on it who all went down and the haunting vision of the dead ship on the lake bottom with water drifting around it.....well watch the video! They did a good job.

Salvation by Rancid

This video is cool because it's all in black and white yet it's full of energy and movement. It reminds me of being in my twenties again and how idealistic I was. When they sing "Come on baby,won't you show me what ya got yeah- I want your salvation," I can't resist that. And it speaks of the true tenets of Punk: down with the rich and the bougeroisie, share what ya got, be real. Can't down a message like that! :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

don't laugh now, but it has to be Thriller............the choreographer is stunning!
Life is just to short for drama.
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

My faveourite Music Vid is Remeber the Time by Michael Jackson the one with Eddie Murphy in it and was set in Aincent Egypt i thought it was really entertaining when i first saw it
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
Odie

Post by Odie »

then there are Rod Stewarts..................but you don't have all day!
Life is just to short for drama.
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

jimbo;962353 wrote: [quote=Odie;962348]then there are Rod Stewarts..................but you don't have all day![/quote]

i dont but maggie may :D:D

Maggie May is an awsome song :D one of my fave Rod songs then its Young Turks
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

If you get a mod to put this thread in the video section you could have all the video's showing - just a thought.

Probably the one that affected me most was Small town boy by Bronski beat in the 80's. Turned into quite an anthem round my neck of the woods & helped a lot of gay men come out.

Remix was just as good

LilLaura

Post by LilLaura »

Although it depends on my mood I would say Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim with Christopher Walken in it. :)
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road. - Henry Ward Beecher

Return to “General Chit Chat”