Poor colin

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
Kathy Ellen

Poor colin

Post by Kathy Ellen »

fuzzy butt;959470 wrote: It's the name they have given the poor little (large ) hump back whale who has lost his kmum and is nuzzling up to a yacht. He's starving to death and is being bitten by sharks . So they are going to euthanise him. It's sad but it's best I guess. Unfortunetly all the animal rights hippy do gooders are calling the animal marine experts murderers etc. (god maybe they should turn the gun on them).:-5

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

Awww Mags, that's awful...the poor whale. He need to be put out of his misery:mad::mad::mad:
Accountable

Poor colin

Post by Accountable »

fuzzy butt;959470 wrote: Unfortunetly all the animal rights hippy do gooders are calling the animal marine experts murderers etc. (god maybe they should turn the gun on them).:-5
Put them out of our misery. :yh_frustr

It seems putting Colin down was the humane thing to do. What else could have been done?
Odie

Poor colin

Post by Odie »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a horrid story, they could have captured and helped him.
Life is just to short for drama.
RedGlitter

Poor colin

Post by RedGlitter »

Animal rights hippy do-gooders FB? You have a lot to learn. So little understanding of animal people. :thinking:

I suppose it costs too much to transport the whale to a safe and suitable body of water such as a temporary tank to stop the sharks from eating on him and maybe introduce him to another whale so he wouldn't be alone. Hell, at least make an effort. It's too damn easy to kill things when it's inconvenient to try harder.

It's also annoying when people slag animal people as a matter of course instead of trying to understand all possible options. I'm disappointed in you guys who disparage "animal rights hippy do-gooders."
RedGlitter

Poor colin

Post by RedGlitter »

fuzzy butt;959676 wrote: Don't you get it? this whale was too young and you have to think of why it's mother abandoned it. and yes the dickheads i saw talking on the telly should have their heads read . where the hell do you think they are going to put a hump back calf? Even if they were to transport it?

i don't have a problem with people who want to save animals but when it comes down to insulting the very persons they call experts on the situation I have a problem with that. How much of an effort do you want?. Which Marine World has a tank big enough for him? HUh? tell me that? They asked desperately for international help and the same opinion came back ........he was too young to be on his own and the animal rights activists didn't have a clue!!!!!!!! And that's why i call them dickheads !!! they preferred to prolong the suffereing of this poor animal whilst they "tried stuff" on him ......for gods sakes. The experts said put him out of his misery and that's just what they did and good on em'.

The rest of those so called bullshitters can go to hell. HOw young was it? It thought a yacht was it's mother . It had no hope which saddens me but that is nature and reality.............don't tell me about stupid animal activists. culling of Kangaroos guess you would be on thier side huh? It's not my fault you're cushioned within a society that thinks dogs and cats are all the animals that need a bit of grooming.........................think outside the square ...travel and understand. .....................**** it have you ever actually sighted a hump back? seriously have you? you know nothing. stick to dogs .....they may need you.

Take the rock off your shoulder missy, you aren't that great. I am pretty sure by reading your abusive blather that it is you who knows nothing once again. Maybe you could take some time from your altruistic adventures and spend some time side by side with people who care for animals and bend over backward to better their lives and understand what it's all about before you shoot your mouth off again and make yourself look an even bigger fool.
Sheryl

Poor colin

Post by Sheryl »

That's really sad, but if the people who were specialized in marine biology recommended it, then I believe they knew what they were doing.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
RedGlitter

Poor colin

Post by RedGlitter »

fuzzy butt;960789 wrote: another personal attack ......whoopdidoo:rolleyes:

Beginning with yours:

It's not my fault you're cushioned within a society that thinks dogs and cats are all the animals that need a bit of grooming.........................think outside the square ...travel and understand. .....................**** it have you ever actually sighted a hump back? seriously have you? you know nothing. stick to dogs .....they may need you.

When you tell a person they know nothing you are being rude and belittling. Heck, your whole post was abusive. Nobody here has to take that from you. I'm no exception. Maybe you could ease up a little and post politely.
Odie

Poor colin

Post by Odie »

fuzzy butt;959682 wrote: NO Odie they couldn't . He's not your average killer, they couldnt put him into a zoo or what have you . He's a humpback . There was nothing ......and i'd be a little upset to think the experts here are so undermind having the experience in our waters that they do, to be critisized. It's just a sad story tis' all. My nephew is a marine biologist and he reckons it's so uncommon that it's a bit of a learning experience.

that's why they asked for international help. but the opinion was the same . It's a loss, but think of what would happen to him if he really got used to humans.He would have been dead in no time at all .

its just so sad, wish I had never seen it, I get very defensive when someone cannot help an animal/mammal etc.

I know they did everything possible, but just the knowing of him suffering with no mother and sharks attacking him.....I know all of these things and worse happen in the wild........but I want to save them all.

Another reason for me believing Qadesh was raised properly and with the utmost care and love.

We have also rescued many animals and birds on our own, one day across the street, I had seen something red hanging down on a string from a tree...........my husband took his pickup truck over, stood on it up, it was a red cardinal stuck on some string, he gentle got him down and he flew away.......he we hadn't of spotted him....................

for f_ _ k sakes people, why in the hell, do you leave string & your damn garbage everywhere?

grow up and take responsibility!
Life is just to short for drama.
mrsK

Poor colin

Post by mrsK »

There where some men who wanted to try & feed the whale but weren't allowed to give it a try.

At least trying wouldn't have hurt & if it didn't succeed well nothing was lost.

Now we will never know will we,wonder what will happen if there is another situation like this.

Not happy campers at Pittwater.

It is a very sad story all round poor Colin:-1:-1
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
mrsK

Poor colin

Post by mrsK »

[QUOTE=Odie;960816]its just so sad, wish I had never seen it, I get very defensive when someone cannot help an animal/mammal etc.

I know they did everything possible, but just the knowing of him suffering with no mother and sharks attacking him.....I know all of these things and worse happen in the wild........but I want to save them all.

Another reason for me believing Qadesh was raised properly and with the utmost care and love.

We have also rescued many animals and birds on our own, one day across the street, I had seen something red hanging down on a string from a tree...........my husband took his pickup truck over, stood on it up, it was a red cardinal stuck on some string, he gentle got him down and he flew away.......he we hadn't of spotted him....................

for f_ _ k sakes people, why in the hell, do you leave string & your damn garbage everywhere?

grow up and take responsibility![/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Helen

Poor colin

Post by Helen »

siding with fuzzy on this one !!

we have "animal rights activists " here in england.

recently here in cornwall, they released hundreds of wild boar from a farm, they were run over by cars, shot because they could not be re captured, they attacked members of the public and the guy that owned them went out of buisness.

they did the same to a deer farm on bodmin moor and the same thing happened again.

we had or still have as far as i know, mink farms here too. now i detest the fur trade, but yet again these animals were released into the wild.

they did untold damage to the wild life population, poultry farms and even small cats and dogs were killed and a child was attacked while it slept in its pram.

if these activists are so fond of animals, why do they hide behind masks and dark glasses, why do they letter bomb peoples houses, leave the dismembered carcasses of DEAD ANIMALS !! nailed to peoples front doors ????????
RedGlitter

Poor colin

Post by RedGlitter »

Redglitter get out of my thread!!! And don't comment on any of my posts or threads please...........Too many people know what you've done in the past you are not forgiven . NUFF SAID!!

FB, you said some very cruel things to me (do I need to remind you of them?) and it is you who requires my forgiveness. It isn't coming either. I will continue to post where I choose to, as can you and it is up to you to be a big girl and get over it. :D Now watch your manners!
RedGlitter

Poor colin

Post by RedGlitter »

if these activists are so fond of animals, why do they hide behind masks and dark glasses, why do they letter bomb peoples houses, leave the dismembered carcasses of DEAD ANIMALS !! nailed to peoples front doors ????????

Because they're fighting fire with fire. You don't understand that to groups such as the ALF, which are considered a terrorist group by my stupid president, fighting savagery committed against animals is a war.

Atrocities against animals are a CRIME that goes permitted for the sake of human convenience and if it wasn't for these dark figures, animals would continue to suffer in research labs, medical facilities, college vet classes, etc. Someone has to step in and these people live enough on the fringe and have enough guts to put their safety last to help what some think are "lesser" beings.

Not all of their tactics are pretty of course but not all animal rights activists deserve the black eye you're giving them.
Sheryl

Poor colin

Post by Sheryl »

RedGlitter;960908 wrote: Because they're fighting fire with fire. You don't understand that to groups such as the ALF, which are considered a terrorist group by my stupid president, fighting savagery committed against animals is a war.

Atrocities against animals are a CRIME that goes permitted for the sake of human convenience and if it wasn't for these dark figures, animals would continue to suffer in research labs, medical facilities, college vet classes, etc. Someone has to step in and these people live enough on the fringe and have enough guts to put their safety last to help what some think are "lesser" beings.

Not all of their tactics are pretty of course but not all animal rights activists deserve the black eye you're giving them.

I'm sorry but when you set houses on fire, bomb places, and generally terrozie people, your a criminal. whether labeled terrorist or not, still criminal, don't care what cause it's for.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
ronin

Poor colin

Post by ronin »

Hi I am a new member here but couldn't pass up this thread.

A bit about myself, I have done the whale rescue thing, I have freed stranded/ tangled dolphins, birds even seagulls. I am the person who stops on a busy road to pick up a sick crow and nurse it back to health.

I understand about animal rights and I fight for them. I don't burn houses or anything as stupid as that because that only makes you as bad if not worse than those you are protesting against.

but what the "Moron" element in the animal liberation movement don't seem to get is that there is only so much that can be done.

Before I am shot down for the last statement, remember I am one of them, I am just a realist though.

there are a few facts that need to be pointed out.

1. a mamal of that size which lives in water, relies on that water to supply its buyancy. that is the water supports its weight. to remove the whale from the water WILL damage it substantially, that is why beachings are so bad for them, it is easy to wet them down and that but whilst they are on the beach or in this case in some sort of harness, the whales weight will actually slowly, AND PAINFULLL" crush it to death.

2. a calf or that age is relient on its mother for sustinance/ guidance. this isn't an "it would be nice if" it is a "No mum, No chance" deal, that is why they towed it out and tried to integrate it with another pod of whales.

after this failed then there unfortunately was no chance.

3. I don't know about you but I would have thought a shark taking chunks out of me would be relatively painful and fairly fatal to.

Unfortunately Colin was doomed, all they could have done is perlong a painful life that was going to fail shortly anyway.

I am sorry that colin has died, don't get me wrong but it really was for the best.
Accountable

Poor colin

Post by Accountable »

Welcome, Ronin! :-6

Return to “Australia”