AS a Child

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
southern yankee

AS a Child

Post by southern yankee »

What person gave you the BEST learning tools for life?

I will have to say my mother's mom. My grandma taught me so much. How to love. How you can overcome almost anything. She was a self educated woman. Who was one of the smartest people i ever knew. She would teach me things. With fun and laughter. I would be learning without relizing it. She suffered greatly having cancer 4 times. but always thought of others first. I want to be a grandma like her. the gifts she gave me. you could not touch or see. But i did not discover then until i became a mother myself. ii was truly blessed to have her in my life.:-4
chonsigirl

AS a Child

Post by chonsigirl »

My grandmother-kindness and love.
southern yankee

AS a Child

Post by southern yankee »

chonsigirl;955223 wrote: My grandmother-kindness and love. Grandmas, God bless them:-4
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

AS a Child

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

I would say my late father, he taught me manners, how to work with my hands, to be a gentleman, to be honest, not to back down from anyone, to stand up for what i believe is moral and just, and in his honor I put my life mission into the words I live by and taught my children to live by, Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well! :)
shelbell

AS a Child

Post by shelbell »

My late dad...he was awesome. All of our(me and my brothers) friends called him dad or papa. He was someone I could go to to talk about anything, literally, yet he was a dad first. He had a hard job, but always found time for us kids. He taught me to play baseball, basketball, and football. He coached our teams. When I got my first car, he told me that I had to take care of it. He taught me so much about cars that I was able to be a mechanic for years. He always made sure to tell us he loved us before we'd part or get off the phone. I always said I wanted to be like him as a parent, and I think I've come pretty close. My girls were never as tomboy-ish as me but I still taught them some sports and car stuff. My girls talk to me about everything, sometimes it's too much information!!:wah: My girls friends call me mom, momma, or mommy and come to me about things they can't talk to their own parents about.

My dad died 12years ago after an 8year battle with cancer. It was like losing a dad and a best friend at the same time. My dad...he was awesome.:-4:-4:-4

Return to “General Chit Chat”