Contraception and the Constitution

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yes, I would agree somewhat,but is this not interfering with the human life cycle? I don't go in for drugs. Contraception is much more safe than sterilizing teens. Young women in Ireland,aged 29 to 32 years old who had been taking birth control pills in their teens,now find in early married life that they are unable to conceive.

All these drugs do have a kick back later in life. And not all for the good.
Peg

Post by Peg »

A lot of parents won't provide contraception for their children because they feel it is giving their children their consent to have sex. They think saying don't do it enough. My daughter will be 15 in November and my son will be 17 next month. If either ever comes to me asking for birth control, you better believe they will get it. First of all, this would tell me I did something right by them having the courage to ask. I have always talked to my kids about the risks of having sex, not only with pregnancy, but std's, hiv, etc. I would rather my children learn the right information from me, than the wrong information from classmates, magazines, etc. When my son's 15 year old friend became a daddy, my son asked me, "Doesn't he realize that his moment of unprotected sex not only affected him and the girl and their lives, but their parents and families as well"? I told him to always remember that. Besides, I tell my kids almost weekly to remember I am too young to become a grandma. :)
gmc

Post by gmc »

We have similar debates in the UK except we compare ourselves with countries like Holland and sweden where they have a freer attitude towards sex education and the lowest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe. Because of the sex education and ready access to contraceptives.

Sexual activity tends to take place at a higher age and the peer pressure is different in that if you get pregnant it's your own stupid fault because you should know better. The girls especially are empowered and don't fall for the you don't get pregnant if you do it standing up type of tale. They know better. pubescent teenagers are fascinated by sex, making it mysterious and something naughty just makes it more interesting and denying access to contraceptives doesn't help. Not every parent can talk to their children or would want to. Also, as an aside religious groups should not be allowed to impose their views on everybody else, let them opt out if they want but respect the rights of others not to join them.

We'd have to defy the Catholic Church. Let them pay the cost if they would oppose it.

We have the free kirk to contend with-they view the catholic church as dangerous idolatorous liberals. :D
Paula

Post by Paula »

its no-ones dang business what any-one does for contraception, what goes on in private areas should remain private, i say-MYOB, cheerio :-2
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”