Caylee Anthony

TheNewDG

Caylee Anthony

Post by TheNewDG »

Anyone been discussing this lately? I have been following this story waiting for the DNA results to come back.

I have been glued to the screen.

Personally, I think the child is deceased.

What about you all?
CARLA

Caylee Anthony

Post by CARLA »

I agree she is deceased and the entier family should be ashamed of themselves. My opinion they all should be behind bars. :mad:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

TheNewDG

Caylee Anthony

Post by TheNewDG »

It just keeps turning into a bigger and bigger circus.

I have been around a person who is always the victim and is a liar, so I can spot this personality disorder from a mile away.

My husband (coming from a long line of lawyers) thinks with a lawyer brain and he says the Grandmother (Cindy) knows Casey did something to that little girl and since she lost her grand daughter she is trying not to lose her daughter to prison. Do you think the Granddad (George) helped dispose of the body since he used to be a cop and knows how to do it without it being "found"?

I wish LadyCop were around, I think she is lives in Florida, too. I wonder what she has to say about all this.
CARLA

Caylee Anthony

Post by CARLA »

I think the entire family is involved is some fashion. Just angers me that they can't get the truth out of any of them. All covering their backsides what a lovely bunch they are. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Kathy Ellen

Caylee Anthony

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Absolutely awful...I agree with Carla
chonsigirl

Caylee Anthony

Post by chonsigirl »

This is such a strange case, but I worry the little girl is gone already.:(
hoppy

Caylee Anthony

Post by hoppy »

The more the mom and grandparents talk, the less sense they make.:mad:
Kathy Ellen

Caylee Anthony

Post by Kathy Ellen »

hoppy;947685 wrote: The more the mom and grandparents talk, the less sense they make.:mad:

Yes, I agree....how could they wait almost a month to report their little girl missing:mad: ......something fishy here.....
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Caylee Anthony

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

This is a dysfunctional family. Cindy was a nurse, she knows the smell of death, the father was a cop, he knows the smell of death, now they try to pass it off as pizza? Cindy washed the grey slacks even after admitting they smelled of a dead body but thought it was ok and didn't alert police ASAP?

Casey calls mom sweetheart, baby and honey, who the hell calls their mom baby?

The grandparents say their focus is on finding Caylee, what have they physically done other than a few posters to find her?

Every perpetual liar tells a smidgen of the truth to help keep a story straight, Casey says in my gut I am sure she is close to home and will be found soon. Translation: I left her body close to home and buried, burned, submerged or hid it and at some point you will find it.

Casey had no known job for 2 years, where the hell did she get the $ for said babysitter and why would she need one. She had stolen gas cans from her parents and then credit cards to go on a shopping spree... for what, to buy pizza to leave in the trunk for 15 days. And if they had not seen Casey for over a month, how would they know when said pizza was placed there?

I think brother Lee is the only one w/ any sense and is truly trying to trick her into spilling a tad more truth. i also bet dimes to donuts he may be working w/ police, the rest of the family I'd like to smack around a bit.

Casey gets mad when the attention is pointed to where it should be, on finding Caylee.

Jose Biaz is a complete idiot to think anyone believes a word out of his mouth or his client's. i could go onall day about this case. I say turn Casey loose, someone will get the truth out of her and she will wish she had never stepped away from the safety of her cell. JMHO! This reeks of the case of the missing oriental boy from a year ago whose mother committed suicide after being on Nancy Grace. :lips:
CARLA

Caylee Anthony

Post by CARLA »

I agree. Let her out someone will get the truth out of her. They make my stomach turn. I can't look at them anymore my blood boils and I want to shake the you know what out of them all. :mad:

[QUOTE]I think brother Lee is the only one w/ any sense and is truly trying to trick her into spilling a tad more truth. i also bet dimes to donuts he may be working w/ police, the rest of the family I'd like to smack around a bit.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Caylee Anthony

i'm sure you have all noticed that big smile on Casey's face with the exceptio of when she was sentenced to jail thyme, oh, she can spill a tear or three when it's her getting too much attention afterall. Send her to GitMo for a nice little vacation!
jessicaabruno

Caylee Anthony

Post by jessicaabruno »

Know I haven't been following this because have really never watched the news. What the heck is happening in our world, today.

TheNewDG

Caylee Anthony

Post by TheNewDG »

fuzzy butt;947708 wrote: WHAT? Your husband would know more about that than any police officer. CRIKEY! What a thing to say!

How would my husband know about that? He owns a restaraunt. Why is it "what a thing to say". It might be a sad reality.
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Caylee Anthony

I was going over some of the old news on this case, i always find the detective in me knows in the little things are hidden bigger things. The entire pizza story just doesn't sit right with me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Finally I thought of whats been itching my butt, Cindy says, the car and Casey were gone for a month, she also says the (bag of) pizza was left in the hot trunk for 15 days. Now if my math serves me correctly, if you don't know where the car was for the past 30 days, how would you know what was put in the trunk 15 days after said car went missing? It was there all the thyme, just one of those hidden F**k-ups in the lies that was hiding in plain sight.
TheNewDG

Caylee Anthony

Post by TheNewDG »

Dewey2Me1MoThyme;948738 wrote: I was going over some of the old news on this case, i always find the detective in me knows in the little things are hidden bigger things. The entire pizza story just doesn't sit right with me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Finally I thought of whats been itching my butt, Cindy says, the car and Casey were gone for a month, she also says the (bag of) pizza was left in the hot trunk for 15 days. Now if my math serves me correctly, if you don't know where the car was for the past 30 days, how would you know what was put in the trunk 15 days after said car went missing? It was there all the thyme, just one of those hidden F**k-ups in the lies that was hiding in plain sight.

I totally agree! The grandmother talks in circles!!

I was just following up on foxnews.com. Apparently psychic detectives are helping now. This whole thing just keeps getting more bizarre. I serisouley think the child is deceased. She refused the visit with her brother onn Friday, today she refused a visit with her parents. I think they are all on to her (possibly) or she is runnin out of lies. Either way, its proposterous to think this kid is still out there living and breathing somewhere.

Another consipiracy theory I have heard on message boards at Orlandosentinel.com is that maybe Caylee was the product of rape by her grandfather nad Casey was trying to prtoct her by putting her in hiding with someone unknown" its just a theory I suppose but at this rate anything is possible.
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Caylee Anthony

TheNewDG;948757 wrote: I totally agree! The grandmother talks in circles!!

I was just following up on foxnews.com. Apparently psychic detectives are helping now. This whole thing just keeps getting more bizarre. I serisouley think the child is deceased. She refused the visit with her brother onn Friday, today she refused a visit with her parents. I think they are all on to her (possibly) or she is runnin out of lies. Either way, its proposterous to think this kid is still out there living and breathing somewhere.

Another consipiracy theory I have heard on message boards at Orlandosentinel.com is that maybe Caylee was the product of rape by her grandfather nad Casey was trying to prtoct her by putting her in hiding with someone unknown" its just a theory I suppose but at this rate anything is possible.

DG i would consider that last portion as a possiblity,if it were not for all the "smell of death" comments and not one but two dogs hitting on the same areas. I was wondering when they would bring the psychics in. Thanks for the updates.
TheNewDG

Caylee Anthony

Post by TheNewDG »

Dewey2Me1MoThyme;948761 wrote: DG i would consider that last portion as a possiblity,if it were not for all the "smell of death" comments and not one but two dogs hitting on the same areas. I was wondering when they would bring the psychics in. Thanks for the updates.

The best is the link for the local paper: www.orlandosentinel.com

I usually watch Nancy Grace, but its been sp repetitive lately.
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Caylee Anthony

Yes it has been repetitive, and it makes me mad when they say "Tonight, Breaking News" and its a week old. grrrr I'll go check that link out after my old man's nap. ROFL
flopstock

Caylee Anthony

Post by flopstock »

I just got back from a week in North Carolina and this case was all that was being talked about.

What I find really interesting is that if you read back through this thread from 2008 you can find most of the arguments presented by the defense in the case.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Caylee Anthony

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1362437 wrote: I just got back from a week in North Carolina and this case was all that was being talked about.

What I find really interesting is that if you read back through this thread from 2008 you can find most of the arguments presented by the defense in the case.

Do you think the prosecution proved that Casey killed her?
LarsMac

Caylee Anthony

Post by LarsMac »

YZGI;1362449 wrote: Do you think the prosecution proved that Casey killed her?

The prosecution did a very poor job. I don't understand why they even took it to trial with such poor evidence. Now, even if they find new evidence, they cannot take her back to trial.

And, on the remote possibility that she is actually innocent, they have given the real culprit a terrific head start.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
cars

Caylee Anthony

Post by cars »

Tragic story with tragic outcome. The State could not prove it's case with just their speculation circumstantial evidence. They were over confident in seeking the murder one judgement. The (supposedly "unfamiliar" with the case, un bias) jurrors were told to follow the rules, and only base their verdict on the evidence presented by the state.

The state did not prove their case beyond a resonable doubt.

As it turns out, Casey will forever be a marked woman, and will always have to look over her shoulder in fear.
Cars :)
Ahso!

Caylee Anthony

Post by Ahso! »

cars;1362465 wrote: Tragic story with tragic outcome. The State could not prove it's case with just their speculation circumstantial evidence. They were over confident in seeking the murder one judgement. The (supposedly "unfamiliar" with the case, un bias) jurrors were told to follow the rules, and only base their verdict on the evidence presented by the state.

As it turns out, Casey will forever be a marked woman, and will always have to look over her shoulder in fear.Very well said. +1
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

Caylee Anthony

Post by Odie »

cars;1362465 wrote: Tragic story with tragic outcome. The State could not prove it's case with just their speculation circumstantial evidence. They were over confident in seeking the murder one judgement. The (supposedly "unfamiliar" with the case, un bias) jurrors were told to follow the rules, and only base their verdict on the evidence presented by the state.

As it turns out, Casey will forever be a marked woman, and will always have to look over her shoulder in fear.

definitely marked.
Life is just to short for drama.
flopstock

Caylee Anthony

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1362449 wrote: Do you think the prosecution proved that Casey killed her?

No better than the defense proved her dad did everything. The defense didn't need to prove their theory at all, however.

I think they need to pull her car up to the jail house door and hand her the keys in addition to her daughters clothes when she is released.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Caylee Anthony

Post by Odie »

Casey Anthony has become the most vilified woman in America, condemned as a compulsive liar and heartless mother who murdered her own daughter so she could spend her life shopping and partying.

But with today's sensational not-guilty verdict, the 25-year-old could be free as early as Thursday morning to begin the slow process of rebuilding her life - and cash in on her new-found celebrity status.

There is already speculation the compelling case could be turned into a movie, and she is likely to be inundated with lucrative television and book deals worth millions of dollars.

Despite the acquittal of capital murder charges, the Casey family lawyer said it was too early to say if they would welcome Casey back.

hoping someone will take her out.
spot

Caylee Anthony

Post by spot »

What an odd post. Thursday was two days ago? And she's still in jail?

"hoping someone will take her out" says nothing at all about Ms Anthony but it says a great deal about you, Odie. Someone may love you but I'm damned if I understand how or why.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Caylee Anthony

Post by Odie »

spot;1362488 wrote: What an odd post. Thursday was two days ago? And she's still in jail?

"hoping someone will take her out" says nothing at all about Ms Anthony but it says a great deal about you, Odie. Someone may love you but I'm damned if I understand how or why.

so what if it was two days ago, did you read it?

everyone agrees she did it, why just pick on me? then again you always have.

for once, what are your thoughts?
spot

Caylee Anthony

Post by spot »

I don't think she's a murderer. I do think the child died on her watch.

And I think no jury in its right mind could have convicted her of murder after the appallingly speculative prosecution fantasy they were presented with."Something needed to be sacrificed, that something was either the life she wanted or the life thrust upon her. She chose to sacrifice her child," prosecutor Jeff Ashton said during his 90-minute argument.That's evidence? No, that's speculation. I'm glad the prosecution failed, it might give other prosecutors a reason to do their job properly in future.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Caylee Anthony

Post by Odie »

to me, she is a murderer

'There was overwhelming circumstantial evidence. The fact that she partied and lied and did not report her child missing at all. Her mother is the one who reported her missing after 31 days. And the fact that she insisted Caylee was alive until her remains were found makes her GUILTY OF MURDER without a REASONABLE doubt. The fact that her car smelled like human decomposition, the death band hair of Caylee, and the shockingly high levels of cholorform match with the choloform searches. As well as the duct tape and the blanket plus heart sticker all from the house link to Casey. After all, casey could have told the truth even when she got arrested for murder that her daughter drowned. There was NO EVIDENCE to prove that. One of the jurors said they thought it was really a drowning. They didn't follow the law. The just speculated. Which is what they are NOT suppose to do.'
Boogalette

Caylee Anthony

Post by Boogalette »

It's a ball of confusion, the entire thing.

I think the entire family knows what happened to that baby. I think Cindy talked in circles, the way a controlled and fearful of her husband woman does. She was full of excuses and explanations, when most of the questions she answered (to Larry King) should have been "I don't know".

If you really have no idea, you shouldn't being coming up with theories.

We will never know.

The prosecution did not prove their case, so the obvious result was 'not guilty'. It had to be. It would have been appealed anyway.

The entire situation is quite sad.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
spot

Caylee Anthony

Post by spot »

It baffles me anyone could keep a straight face and demand a guilty verdict on the basis of nothing but circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence is a synonym for guesswork. Is that what it was, Odie? Overwhelming guesswork?
Odie

Caylee Anthony

Post by Odie »

Boogalette;1362492 wrote: It's a ball of confusion, the entire thing.

I think the entire family knows what happened to that baby. I think Cindy talked in circles, the way a controlled and fearful of her husband woman does. She was full of excuses and explanations, when most of the questions she answered (to Larry King) should have been "I don't know".

If you really have no idea, you shouldn't being coming up with theories.

We will never know.

The prosecution did not prove their case, so the obvious result was 'not guilty'. It had to be. It would have been appealed anyway.

The entire situation is quite sad.

does anyone really know?

The mother constantly lied and twisted things around, what mother does that?

not an innocent one.

The fact still remains that she partied and lied and did not report her child missing at all. The mother is the one who reported her missing after '31 days? And the fact that she insisted Caylee was alive until her remains were found.
LarsMac

Caylee Anthony

Post by LarsMac »

Odie;1362495 wrote: does anyone really know?

The mother constantly lied and twisted things around, what mother does that?

not an innocent one.

The fact still remains that she partied and lied and did not report her child missing at all. The mother is the one who reported her missing after '31 days? And the fact that she insisted Caylee was alive until her remains were found.

Still and all, the prosecution made no viable case.

No proof.

Everything you said makes a lot of sense, but it's NOT evidence.

The whole family was in on it.

They probably should all be fed to the sharks, IMHO, but there is no evidence, and Thank God, that is what our legal system is about.

I would sure not like to be put in jail on such flimsy evidence.

I think the prosecutor was hoping for a plea bargain, but it didn't happen.
- DH Lawrence
Mustang

Caylee Anthony

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1362470 wrote:

hoping someone will take her out.

You support vigilante justice? That's really sad and disappointing to learn about you, Odie. Why hope "someone" else will take her out? Would you have the nerve to go do it yourself or is it just easier to go with the flow of a protestors mentality and shoot ones mouth off about it, instead?

If someone "takes her out" who's it going to benefit from doing so? Will it bring Caylee back from the dead? The person that would kill her, do you think his life is worth taking Caseys? He'll fry in the electric chair or by lethal injection. He won't be a hero in some peoples eyes, for long, because they'd forget his name in no time.

Do you know why Casey left her parents home on the 16 of June? Did you know she had already made $200,000 which went to her attorneys? Do you know she now owes the IRS back taxes? Did you hear the woman she accused as being Zanny the nanny has brought lawsuit against her for defamation of character because she lost her job, her home and she and her daughter received death threats? Did you know the State of Florida is going after her for restitution for monies it cost the state for this case?

It doesn't matter what money she tries to make off this case, someone out there is already willing and able to take it away from her. The woman has no life ahead of her. She's unemployable. And if Casey ever finds a publisher willing to publish her book, it's people like you Odie, that would probably run out and buy it, which generates her an income.

Cannot convict on speculation. There was NO solid evidence, period!
Odie

Caylee Anthony

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1362497 wrote: You support vigilante justice? That's really sad and disappointing to learn about you, Odie. Why hope "someone" else will take her out? Would you have the nerve to go do it yourself or is it just easier to go with the flow of a protestors mentality and shoot ones mouth off about it, instead?

If someone "takes her out" who's it going to benefit from doing so? Will it bring Caylee back from the dead? The person that would kill her, do you think his life is worth taking Caseys? He'll fry in the electric chair or by lethal injection. He won't be a hero in some peoples eyes, for long, because they'd forget his name in no time.

Do you know why Casey left her parents home on the 16 of June? Did you know she had already made $200,000 which went to her attorneys? Do you know she now owes the IRS back taxes? Did you hear the woman she accused as being Zanny the nanny has brought lawsuit against her for defamation of character because she lost her job, her home and she and her daughter received death threats? Did you know the State of Florida is going after her for restitution for monies it cost the state for this case?

It doesn't matter what money she tries to make off this case, someone out there is already willing and able to take it away from her. The woman has no life ahead of her. She's unemployable. And if Casey ever finds a publisher willing to publish her book, it's people like you Odie, that would probably run out and buy it, which generates her an income.

Cannot convict on speculation. There was NO solid evidence, period!

I don't know why you find it so disappointing that myself and others want justice?

I doubt you realise just how many know she is guilty, but they couldn't prove it.

Have you ever heard of a mother not reporting her child misisng?

and you have the nerve to accuse me of buying her book? whatever.
flopstock

Caylee Anthony

Post by flopstock »

Evidence the jury didn't get:

Prosecutors began questioning Lazarro the day after Judge Belvin Perry questioned their attempts to introduce another set of instant messages that Assistant State's Attorney Frank George said showed Anthony believed her daughter was in the way of their relationship.

"... Only a few more days and you can bring your ass over anytime you want and stay any night you want," read one text message that prosecutors said was sent June 10.

George said the message and others like it would help prove Anthony's motive for killing Caylee.

George said the instant messages showed that Caylee's presence was stifling her lifestyle, which prosecutors have tried to paint as hard-partying and carefree.

The "Conservative Chronicles": Death of Caylee Anthony

Odie

Caylee Anthony

Post by Odie »

flopstock;1362512 wrote: Evidence the jury didn't get:

The "Conservative Chronicles": Death of Caylee Anthony

excellent story!

'For the next month, she fabricated different excuses about where little Caylee Anthony was. In early June, Casey Anthony told her mother she was being sent to Tampa for work and would be back in a few days. Later, she said she was going on a “mini-vacation” with friends and taking Caylee with her.'

it has to make one wonder about this mother.
flopstock

Caylee Anthony

Post by flopstock »

More evidence the jusry did not get to see - nor have we yet.

It will be interesting to see how the judge rules on this.

By CHRISTINA NG

July 11, 2011

A Florida judge is considering whether to unseal a jailhouse video of acquitted murder suspect Casey Anthony that was considered so "highly inflammatory" that it would have made it difficult to give her a fair trial.

The video shows Anthony reacting to news reports that a child's body had been found in a swampy area near the Anthony home.

The tape reportedly shows Anthony double over and start to hyperventilate when Orange County jail officials told her a meter reader had stumbled upon the remains near Suburban Drive, according to an Orlando Sentinel article from 2009.

Casey Anthony Video May Be Unsealed by Court - ABC News

spot

Caylee Anthony

Post by spot »

One wonders how else a reasonable mother in her situation might be expected to react. What behavior, in your opinion, would be normal as compared to suspicious, and why?
flopstock

Caylee Anthony

Post by flopstock »

spot;1362543 wrote: One wonders how else a reasonable mother in her situation might be expected to react. What behavior, in your opinion, would be normal as compared to suspicious, and why?

Oh, have you already viewed it spot? If so, would you mind providing a link so that the rest of us can decide for ourselves if her reaction looks that suspicious?

It was the judge in this case, who ruled that letting the jury view the tape would be too prejudicial.

spot

Caylee Anthony

Post by spot »

flopstock;1362560 wrote: Oh, have you already viewed it spot? No, I was responding to "The tape reportedly shows Anthony double over and start to hyperventilate when Orange County jail officials told her a meter reader had stumbled upon the remains near Suburban Drive". One wonders how else a reasonable mother in her situation might be expected to react. What behavior, in your opinion, would be normal as compared to suspicious, and why?
flopstock

Caylee Anthony

Post by flopstock »

spot;1362561 wrote: No, I was responding to "The tape reportedly shows Anthony double over and start to hyperventilate when Orange County jail officials told her a meter reader had stumbled upon the remains near Suburban Drive". One wonders how else a reasonable mother in her situation might be expected to react. What behavior, in your opinion, would be normal as compared to suspicious, and why?

I remember it being reported that when searchers told her about possible finds elsewhere over the 6 month search, she had no reaction at all. That is what would make this reaction suspicious. At the time I heard this on one of the trial shows, I discounted it as coming from an inmate looking for their 15 minutes. If there is actual video of this and the other times, I don't know why it would not have been allowed in.

spot

Caylee Anthony

Post by spot »

You've never seen the sort of romantic filth that goes "there had been so many false alarms but this time suddenly I knew in my heart it was true, my world ended and I found myself gasping for air" - I thought that was a staple of all the Womens' Magazines that run three-page ten-minute pick out the words one by one dear you'll get there stories that have lots of photo-cartoon pictures to help get the imagery across.
flopstock

Caylee Anthony

Post by flopstock »

spot;1362572 wrote: You've never seen the sort of romantic filth that goes "there had been so many false alarms but this time suddenly I knew in my heart it was true, my world ended and I found myself gasping for air" - I thought that was a staple of all the Womens' Magazines that run three-page ten-minute pick out the words one by one dear you'll get there stories that have lots of photo-cartoon pictures to help get the imagery across.

I can only suppose that you are a better authority on the content of womens magazines than I am, dear. I have no idea what you are talking about. :-2

spot

Caylee Anthony

Post by spot »

For my sins there was a time when I took the photos.
LarsMac

Caylee Anthony

Post by LarsMac »

While my intuition says that this person very likely did something to her daughter and disposed of the body, or even worse, There is simply know evidence to prove such.

I thank God that we live in a society where it takes hard, conclusive evidence to lock someone up for such a crime.

I much prefer that a few guilty ones get away with a crime than that even one innocent is condemned.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Caylee Anthony

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1362628 wrote: I thank God that we live in a society where it takes hard, conclusive evidence to lock someone up for such a crime.There have been a number of high-profile cases in the UK which have relied entirely on circumstantial evidence. Many of those convictions resulted in apologies and climb-downs when subsequent genuine evidence came to light, as it often does. Those apologies never gave the absolved convicts back their missing lives, despite recognizing they'd never done what they'd been accused of in the first place.

The answer's simple - never under any circumstances convict on solely circumstantial evidence and (the corollary) never ever invent corroborating evidence to back it up. That, in the UK, usually takes the form of a prison "confession" to another inmate. We reached the point here where such a "confession" was practically an admission that the defendant was being framed. Expert witnesses are another sort of invented corroborating evidence which flags up a huge warning when that's all there is being offered as "proof".

Return to “Current Events”