Organ donation

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Organ donation

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Ok we had blood donation yesterday but what about organ donation .

We've already had a thread on whether we ourselves would want to donate our bodies but what about if the decision was yours and you were asked to donate sombody like your partner or god forbid your child .

I really don't think i could could you ????
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
RedGlitter

Organ donation

Post by RedGlitter »

No. I could not. I would not. I did not.
Rapunzel

Organ donation

Post by Rapunzel »

Yes sorta. When my daughter was 18 months old she had a very severe chronic asthma attack. She was rushed to hospital and then to Intensive Care where she was put on a life support machine. We were told she was barely holding her own and wasn't expected to last the night. She hung on for about five days before she started to improve and gradually, Thank God, get better. During that time I spoke to one of the nurses and said that I knew there was a chronic need for childrens organs and they found it hard to ask for them, but that if my daughter died I would like to think that a part of her lived on in another child.

She sadly told me that my daughters organs would be no good as she had been on such a high dosage of medication it would take a long while to work through her system, may even damage her organs (although we won't know until she's much older) and, should she die, make her organs unsuitable for transplant.

Thank God my daughter recovered. :yh_pray But if she hadn't and the worst had happened, I think it might have been easier knowing that someone else had lived in her place. Having said that, if she hadn't lived I would have buried her and then taken my own life to be with her. That'll probably open up a huge crate of worms but thats how I felt and still feel. I couldn't live without her.

For myself, I carry a donor card and if any part of me is of any use to anybody when I die, they are more than welcome to have it.
hoppy

Organ donation

Post by hoppy »

I have recieved an organ transplant. I was born with a serious brain disorder. It was missing. Later, after my skull had grown large enough, the brain of a donkey was implanted. A perfect fit. Doctors were amazed at how well I functioned with a donkey brain. So, now you know why I'm such an a$$.:-3
Imladris

Organ donation

Post by Imladris »

I think that if you are prepared to receive a donated organ for your child to save their life then you should be 'willing' (may be the wrong word there) to donate their organs should the worst happen.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Betty Boop

Organ donation

Post by Betty Boop »

Yes I would donate my organs, no question about it.
abbey

Organ donation

Post by abbey »

jimbo;946054 wrote: sue's son sam has a mouth organ i'm going to donate that to the trash can :-5:-5

hoppy;946101 wrote: I have recieved an organ transplant. I was born with a serious brain disorder. It was missing. Later, after my skull had grown large enough, the brain of a donkey was implanted. A perfect fit. Doctors were amazed at how well I functioned with a donkey brain. So, now you know why I'm such an a$$.:-3
You two are so bad. :wah:

Betty Boop;946107 wrote: Yes I would donate my organs, no question about it.
Me too boops, what use would my remains be to me?
Betty Boop

Organ donation

Post by Betty Boop »

abbey;946115 wrote: You two are so bad. :wah:

Me too boops, what use would my remains be to me?

No use whatsoever hun, I was unsure about my children but after reading Immys post yes I would donate theirs too. Although my ex would not allow it. If something had happened to me when I had my son he wouldn't have allowed my organs to be donated, even though he knew those were my wishes :(
chonsigirl

Organ donation

Post by chonsigirl »

No, I would not. They asked me that when my husband was ill, and I said no.

Return to “General Chit Chat”