Internet Scams

K.Snyder

Internet Scams

Post by K.Snyder »

I was thinking about making a thread so that everyone can post about various Internet scams...

Perhaps someone can make this a sticky...

K.Snyder;686232 wrote: Just here to let everyone know about all of the streaming sites who ask for money for most sports(Mostly soccer/football) are a scam...Most notably free-football.tv

Don't spend any money on streaming sites as they do not provide any sort of service that you cannot get anywhere else for free if they provide you with any service at all...

If you want to watch free sports streams,..go to www.myp2p.eu...

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=30940

fuzzy butt;920548 wrote: Your email address has won 750,000 Euro in the ESPANA EURO MILLION PROMOTION.

For more information and procedure, please Contact Mr.Alfredo Perez on the details given

below,

BALUMBA SEGUROS S. A

Contact Person: Mr. Alfredo Perez

Tel: +34-658-898-208

Ref No : ESE/WIN/008/02/10/MA

Batch No: EULO/1007/444/606/08

Serial No: 6594

PROMOTION DATE: 16th July 2008.

Reply this mail with your full name and telephone number.

Best Regards,

Mrs. Patricia Douet (Lottery co-ordinator).

Madrid, 17th July 2008.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=38664
WonderWendy3

Internet Scams

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Oh geesh, I would fill this thread up in no time.....

I get junk email all the time and don't forget all the "work at home" and become a gazillionaire in a day scams....ugh!
WonderWendy3

Internet Scams

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Here's today's favorite!!....

Job offer‏

You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe

Sent: Fri 8/01/08 10:04 PM

Reply-to: info.gulfoilandgas@gmail.com

To:

yeah(Open Only to US/Canadian/UK Citizens and Residents) We are glad to offer you a job opportunity at GULF OIL AND GAS. We need someone to work for the company as a Representative/Book Keeper based in North America. This is due to our not having an office presently in the USA/Canada or UK. You don't need to have an Office and this certainly will not affect your present job. The Company produces the following varieties of oil servicing equipments and provides quite a number ofservices:- Deluge Valves, Carbon steel Gear, Oil Hose Reel, etc.Our Service, Products, Operations across Rigs and refineries in Africa and the Middle East are second to none, we provide meticulous but yet speedy services on-shore and off- shore with our State of the art products. * The average monthly income is about $4,000.00 USD.* No form of investments from you.* This job takes only 1-3 hours per day About The Job: We have sales representatives all over the world to distribute our products.You know, that it's not easy to start a business in a new market (being the US). There are hundreds of competitors, close direct contacts between suppliers and customers and other difficulties, which impede our sales promotion.We have decided to deliver the products upfront, it's veryrisky but it should push up sales on 25 percent. Thus we need to get payments for our products as soon as it's possible. Unfortunately we are unable to open Bank Accounts in the United State (US) without first registering the company name and preparing logistics for warehousing and integrated shipment. Presently with the amount of Orders we have, we cannotput them on hold. For fear of losing the customers out rightly. Secondly we cannot cash these payments from the US soon enough, as international Checks take about 14 working days for cash to be made available. We lose about 75,000 USD of net income each month because we have money transfer delays *Your task is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with thepayment process.You are not involved in any sales. Once orders are received and sorted wedeliver the product to a customer (usually through FEDEX Or UPS).About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through Certified CashiersChecks and Money orders based on the amount involved. Your Task We have decided to open this new job position for solving this problem.Your tasks are:1. Receive payment from Customers2. Cash Payments at your Bank3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the officesyou will be contacted to send payment to.(Payment is to be forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union MoneyTransfer). www.westernunion.comwww.moneygram.com Local Money transfers take barely hours, so it will give us a possibility to get customer's payment almost immediately.For example you've got 4000.00USDYou take your income: 400.00 USDSend the company: 3600.00 USD First month you will have 15-20 transactions on 3000.00-4000.00 USD So you may calculate your income. For example 18 transactions on 3500.00 USD gives you 6300.00 USD Plus your basis monthly salary, which is 1000.00 USD Total:7300.00 USD per month. After establishing a close co-operation with us you'll be able to operate with larger orders and you'll be able to earn more. Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed at your bank or other Cashing Services. Deduct your weekly salary which is (10%) and forward the balance to the company via Western Unionmoney transfer or Money Gram money transfer. This job takes only 3-7 hours per week. You'll have a lot of free time doing another job, you'll get good income and regular job. But this job is very challenging and you should understand its requirements. We are looking only for the worker who satisfy's our requirements and will be a serious assistant.We are glad to offer you this job Opportunity intend to commence on starting as soon as you are ready. If you are interested Kindly indicate interest by carefully sending thefollowing details: *Full Name*Home Address (not Po.Box)*City*State*Zip*Phone Number*Sex*Age*Valid Email addressYou will then be furnished with the necessary materials to enable you commence operations. 13 Haslemere Avenue,CR4 3BAMitchamLondon I repsond immediately to all interested applicants.Your can email me directly on(info.gulfoilandgas@gmail.com)+447031985850 (6:00 am - 6:00 pm) Jerry Jones,CEO,MDGULF OIL AND GAS
Carolly

Internet Scams

Post by Carolly »

The Paypal Email I got yesterday that I told you about Kev is indeed a scam and Kathy has just pmd to tell me she got one also and has looked into it and Paypal are aware this scam is going on and to be very careful.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
spot

Internet Scams

Post by spot »

Would any of these help?

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
along-for-the-ride

Internet Scams

Post by along-for-the-ride »

spot;938476 wrote: Would any of these help?

They just might help, Spot, if we could read 'em.;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Chezzie

Internet Scams

Post by Chezzie »

spot;938476 wrote: Would any of these help?

hell yes but would you have week free to post them here:confused::D
Fibonacci

Internet Scams

Post by Fibonacci »

I got this today... My very first scam! :wah:

NATIONAL ASSEMBLY COMPLEX

THREE ARMS ZONE P.M.B 141

ABUJA NIGERIA.

Congratulations as we bring to your notice, Officially of the senate house

federal Republic of Nigeria has chosen you by the board committe on

appropriation and finance as one of the final recipients of this year

contract/inheritance file to celebrate the fiscal 2008 an ATM CARD has been

issued out of $500,000.00 to You. Fill out below information and send it to

the Payment Remitance Office Via their email contact address.

Full Name:....

Residential Address:......

Telephone:........

Fax Number:...........

Atm code::::::::::(ATM-0081)

The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
spot

Internet Scams

Post by spot »

This is an example of what happens to someone whose mind becomes fixated on the truth of what these scam letters claim. Once a person switches into that frame of mind it's hard to refocus on reality.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Fibonacci

Internet Scams

Post by Fibonacci »

I am Mr. SONG LI, I have a business proposal for you,I will need you

to assist me execute a business transfer $19,500,000.00usd from Hang Seng BankLtd.

to your country.Reply

if you are interested songlibk17@yahoo. com.h k

Kind Regards,

Mr. SONG LI

Got this one today...

Should I be worried? :-3
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
joey2000

Internet Scams

Post by joey2000 »

Great idea for a thread.

Basically ANY email from someone claiming to be able to give you/make you tons of money for nothing or really easily has about a 99.999999% chance of being a scam. And whether you think it's legit or not, DO NOT EVER give out info like your social security number, bank account numbers, PINs, passwords etc online.

At this point I think this guy's site and the guy himself merits a link. He messed with a lot of this "Nigerian scammer" POSs quite a bit - some are funny as hell to read if you have the time. I love how he strung them along for the longest time and got them to make total asses of themselves (even a casual glance at the pics should be enough to convince you) - only to find they weren't getting a penny:

Ebola Monkey Man: Nigerian 419 Scam
whomeno

Internet Scams

Post by whomeno »

if it says money if it says nigeraria or if it says money and oh did i mention money.

its a scam LoLz
NO LINKS IN SIGNATURE IT HAS BEEN REMOVED
whomeno

Internet Scams

Post by whomeno »

Well heres one made so well i sorta paniced at first

This was made by a hidden link under the unlock.bla bla

irected to a false page which looks liek original and steals your login lol

i used login:PHAIL

password: loosers

Im guessing that link is no longer valid thou

Dear personsemail@gmail.com,

Your account is locked for outgoing transfers and credit/debit card payments therefore we cannot complete this transaction.

To unlock your account, you must restore your account. Please visit unlock.moneybookers.com and submin your information..

Thank you for choosing Moneybookers!

Moneybookers Ltd., London, Registered in England and Wales no 4260907.

Registered office: Welken House, 10-11 Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6EH, United Kingdom.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority of the United Kingdom (FSA).
NO LINKS IN SIGNATURE IT HAS BEEN REMOVED
K.Snyder

Internet Scams

Post by K.Snyder »

Deaf Scam at FaceBook.

I got an AIM on Facebook. This person started talking about herself, being Deaf, not married and living in XX where she doesn’t know many Deaf people. She wants to meet other Deaf people. Then she started hitting on me. Recognizing a scam, I decided to play it dumb, stringing her along, for the fun of it.

xxxx:

I retired and live on $750,000 from deaf lottery.

Yea u heard about deaf lottery before?

10:52pm Mishka

You won $750,000 dollars? Nice.

No, not really. What is it about?

10:53pm xxxx

UN (United nation ) give harry money to use for lottery for deaf people

(name deleted) is the lottery man who give deaf people money

10:55pmMishka

hmm how does that work?

10:56pm xxxx

you talk to (name deleted) then (name deleted) check ur record with government if you got good record.. harry will send u money

10:56pmMishka

hmm that sounds interesting

what is his last name?

xxxx: (name deleted)

At that point, I got tired of playing this , so I turned off the AIM.

United Nations doesn’t give away free money for lotteries for Deaf people.

Rules of thumb: If it is too good to be true, very likely it is. Anytime a stranger asks you to give out confidential information, i.e. your social security number, your bank account number, the maiden name of your mother, etc, these questions should raise red flags. You don’t need to make a deposit in order to get the lottery winning. Lotteries don’t contact you out of blue to inform you of winnings if you haven’t entered any lottery.

Unfortunately these scammers find in Facebook a rich niche of Deaf Community. Few days later I got an e mail from another scammer who sent me an invite. Not accepting the invite, I asked her who she is… and in return, she sent me a ‘Congratulatory, Deaf Lottery Winner’. Rolling my eyes, I blocked her. I’ve already warned others about the first scammer. This time, I will warn people, revealing the Facebook name of that scammer and file a complaint to Facebook staff.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 17th, 2008 at 12:47 pm and is filed under Abuses, Deaf Cyberworld. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

25 Responses to “Deaf Scam at FaceBook.”

1. Deaf Pixie Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Yeah I recalled that ONe of scam about Americian Historical in New york.

I won the prize they sent me a package. I realized the package seem strange. I opened and decide to not depoisted in my bank. I went to different bank because check was from Well Fargo. I went to Well Fargo and I explained to the teller about website I saw it it say New York that name of Company and Check say it was from San Fransinco. Teller complete check and say You are right!! It is Scam .. I gave it to teller’s supervisor. My older daughter say it is not scam. Looking so Real check. I said Be more carefully if you feel not right and check the bank first before you depoisted.

he say with his gesture sign “You SMART!” .. Then other day the cop from chatonline I blocked. they say it is not scam. I say sorry I already reported. I put block every since.

2. Deaf Pixie Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 1:42 pm

Mishka Zena,

Worth to not take serious from Scam.and Police Department wont do anything about it.

I learn something about Facebook. Thanks for letting us know about DeafRead.

3. Deaf Advocate Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Yeah! I get that all the time from scammers from Europe, Russia, Africa and other countries. I wish they would go to prison for scamming. I get tired and dissed whenever they pop up on aim or e-mail… I would shoot expletives **&#$*#&@&@ at them and put them on spam and blocked lists. Damn! They are robbers!

4. bouyea Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Why are they preying on deaf people??

5. A Deaf Pundit Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 2:34 pm

I’ve seen that going around on AIM as well. A friend of mine got an IM saying that if he gave this company 540 bucks, he would get 90k dollars.

He was smart enough not to fall for it, thankfully… but one of his friends did fall for it. :X

6. Peachlady Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 2:36 pm

I got deaf scam email few times a week. I ain’t stupid!

I hope no deaf person will fall for it.

7. Diane Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Same here – Deaf FBI and Deaf Lottery. I ain’t stupid either. I blocked both however I still get it once in a while and I simply ignored it. I feel for some Deaf people who fall for it.

8. Tishia C Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 5:12 pm

You won the ‘Honest Scrap’ Award!

9. Dianrez Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 5:19 pm

I’ve been getting spam involving Facebook and a new scam called Big Kiss. Every day several emails from these two arrive in my mailbox and asks for my address list, my email password, or to send them money for a free membership.

Bah! It’s getting to the point where I have to analyze each new email for signs of spam. If I don’t recognize it, off it goes into the spam box.

10. jjpuorro Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Ha ha ha…someone tried to do the same for me and I played along by saying stuff like, “I have 10 million dollars, but I am sooo GREEDY…is it ok if I send you 3 million to start…but first you must prove yourself to me by sending me $300…just $300 for 3 million!!!” After going back and forth 1,00o times or so…they gave up (hey, I was bored waiting in a waiting room for the doctor).

11. Bill Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Did you ever wonder if it’s someone we know?

I have started to get deaf scam emails in the last year too.

12. Refugee Redux Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 10:33 pm

This is why I use fake email addresses almost every time I’m expected to fill in a form field (unless I’m doing business with a company or contacting a friend). I haven’t gotten anything – all the more reason to guard your email address.

13. Teri Says:

December 17th, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Hi!

I find it very strange! I never get any spams at FB except for one time, when someone with its real name posted on my wall saying that my profile picture was featured on another site. I instantly knew it was a scam or likewise when it prompted me to type in my email address and password. I typed in the password, “WTF” — to let them know I am not to be messed around with!!

FBers ought to read FB’s “Help” and “Security” webpages, very well explained.

Do Always listen to this old adage, “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.” Probably? No! Ditch it! Hard earned money is the best way to make wealth! Period!

Thank you, Misha for notifying the Deaf of several possible scams on FB.

Teri

14. SnoopyFreak02 Says:

December 18th, 2008 at 10:41 am

Wow, about scam.. never happened to me, (knock on the wood, who knows). I would the same thing to block the person who I dont know and report to FB staff.

Thanks for sharing with us about Deaf of possible scams on FB, Mishka.

Happy Holidays 2009!

15. Deaf Pixie Says:

December 18th, 2008 at 6:26 pm

MZ & Everyone,

I also forgot to mentioned you that someone warned me that FB is having a virus. She say she was heard by rumor. she was not quiet sure if FB have a virus?

Have you heard of that before?

About Scam. I have no problem with virus or Scam,either.

16. Robert Alfred Hawkins Says:

December 18th, 2008 at 6:41 pm

I’m weary of this. I never cease to amaze me how some take this so seriously on a daily basis bantering and broadcasting this and that for all to see but that’s quite the norm in certain components of the deaf and hearing populations.

This is like old news rehashed. That absurd kind has been going on long since AOL first came to be in my life in form of America Online for Macintosh launched in 1989 as a quite popular Apple Macintosh BBS.

But, of course, some of us have nothing better to do at a given moment such as when waiting. Couldn’t resist dishing out stuff!

17. mishkazena Says:

December 18th, 2008 at 9:21 pm

Deaf Pixie, smart move. Glad you listened to your gut feeling.

Deaf Advocate, indeed. Now they have enroached the Facebook.

Bouyea, the hearing people are also preyed by other lottery scammers.

DP, ouch. Most of the time people fall for it because they ignore their gut instincts, hoping for once this will come true.

Peach, Diane, Dianrez.. they are pesky, just like cockroaches.

Tishia, thanks :D I’ll be sending you an e mail soon.

jj I love your game! I’ll do that next time *evil snickering*

Bill, the more public our e mail addresses are, the more we get these. Bloggers are high targeted.

Refugee, that’s an excellent idea. I don’t use my personal e mail addy. However, my public e mail addy is listed in my blog.

18. joseph Says:

December 19th, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Please publish the names of spammers. I understand you’re trying to respect their privacy, but the whole point is that they don’t respect the privacy of others, yes?

19. Jay Says:

December 20th, 2008 at 12:44 pm

The scammer has a new name. The scammer goes by as Mary Trisha now.. lovinmary2003@hotmail.com lovinmary2003 (Yahoo) Beware!! I just encountered the scammer few mins ago. During the conversation I googled the names and this comes up.. Phew..

20. Debra Says:

January 13th, 2009 at 5:05 pm

I m from the UK and had a person who claim to be Paul and told me that I had won a brand new dell laptop and an $85,000 and said that an e mail was sent to me to claim it and he add me to chat on MSN an in which I accept to chat with him and he then explain what I had won and ask me to give him the information and details and mention that an e mail was sent to me 2 weeks ago and why I hadnt claim it!!!! I was demand for him to resend me the e mail again or give me phone number so my daughter will phone him personally (I am Deaf) and I ask him few questions and said that he was from Deaf Lottery and I know for fact that I hadnt done or e mail any Deaf Lottery..he kept on saying that he need my information and my name, age and job…I told him again and again to re send me the e mail and he said that he wouldnt be able to do it as he is only the agent and it different dept to resend the e mail I told him that I would happily wait for him to re send the e mail…and I then look your website and that How they got the Deaf people information from Facebook…so please please do be careful as I m not sure if it a scam but it seems to be it is and his msn e mail addy is paul_petrie@live.com..dont sure if that would be useful….and again BEWARE!!!!!

21. Ben Vess Says:

January 15th, 2009 at 1:27 am

Now that I have a feed reader and putting together all my boomarks and stuff–I’ll never ever again miss a post you make, mishka!

Your scam isn’t so bad compared to Bernie Madoff, eh? hahahaha.

-Ben

22. Jason Says:

January 20th, 2009 at 5:57 am

Thank you very much! :) I got the same thing through messenger. A woman claiming to be from the US. I repeatedly stated I was not interested but she kept up with this conversation everytime she was online so I became suspicious and did a google search for “Deaf Lottery United Nations”, as I am from Australia. Lotteries don’t work in different countries.

Upon finding this post, I immediately hang on her and deleted the contact.

So thank you again for the warning :)

23. Kobus Nienaber Says:

March 16th, 2009 at 5:03 am

Thank you very much! I got the same thing through yahoo. A woman claiming to be from the US. I repeatedly stated I was not interested but she kept up with this conversation everytime she was online so I became suspicious and did a google search for “Deaf Lottery United Nations”, as I am from South Africa. Lotteries don’t work in different countries.

24. Katrina Says:

August 2nd, 2009 at 11:39 am

I had the same conversation on facebook with a woman who claimed she lived in Ohio US who had won the BSL lottery. I played along with the conversation and she wanted me to get in touch with ‘Harry’. I was obviously suspicious and googled it and found this page.

Shocking scam!!!

25. Lynn McGuire Says:

September 4th, 2009 at 9:01 am

I have a deaf roommate who received an email saying that he could receive $30000 usd and a free laptop from the US government because he is deaf and this is available to any deaf person in the US and Canada (we live in Calgary, Alberta) I warned him that this is probably a scam, but he went ahead and contacted the person. Does anyone have any information regarding this? I don’t want him to loose his shirt over this, and he is a little naive in some aspects. He even posted on his facebook page that he is happy because he is receiving the money and new laptop! Please, any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Lynn Mishka Zena Blog Archive Deaf Scam at FaceBook.
K.Snyder

Internet Scams

Post by K.Snyder »

Warning: fraudulent emails

Winter 2009

Christian Aid, along with a number of organisations, has been the subject of a long running email scam.

An email correspondent, purporting to represent Christian Aid, promises each random recipient a grant award as a result of a lottery procedure.

The object of the scam is to get you to register with an email address and to correspond with the emailer.

You will be required to pay a sum of money to release a cheque or to activate a bank account. The perpetrator will then take your fee and will then cease correspondence with you.

Needless to say, Christian Aid does not offer grants as part of a lottery process and all our grant awards are to risk assessed partners in order to perform targeted project development and emergency relief work. We do not offer grants in the way described.

Please be aware that we have notified the UK police.

We are further taking active steps to notify the Internet Service Providers to close the offending addresses down, and the telephone authorities to trace and disconnect the offending telephone numbers.

If you are in receipt of this email please forward it to emailscam@christian-aid.org, together with full email headers. For details of how to access the headers for your email software, visit Finding Full Email Headers

Do not telephone the number notified and do not engage in correspondence with the emailer, by responding to the email you are confirming that the email account is active thereby confirming it is spammable and sellable.

For any queries please feel free to contact us at the above email address.Warning: fraudulent emails - Christian Aid
BTS

Internet Scams

Post by BTS »

Fibonacci;979227 wrote: I am Mr. SONG LI, I have a business proposal for you,I will need you

to assist me execute a business transfer $19,500,000.00usd from Hang Seng BankLtd.

to your country.Reply

if you are interested songlibk17@yahoo. com.h k

Kind Regards,

Mr. SONG LI

Got this one today...

Should I be worried? :-3

NAW........Send em your SS# and Bank info ASAP!!!!!!:driving:
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Internet Scams

Post by BTS »

Here is a WEINER!!!!!

And yes I DID get this........

Dr Kittii N. A. wrote:

KITTI & ASSOCIATE CHAMBERS

Bangkok Thailand 10240

Email:kittichambers1977@yahoo.com.hk

My Regards to you and family,

Please kindly accept my apology for sending unsolicited mail to you I believe you are a highly respected personality considering the fact that I sourced your profile from a human resource profile database of your country here in Bangkok Thailand. I do not know to what extent you are familiar with events,Though this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest medium of communication. However, this correspondence is private, and it should be treated in strict confidence.

Well, I am DR, KITTI N. A , a Solicitor. I am the Personal Attorney to MR, OLIVE GREENE who used to work with Siamrak Company Limited.On the 21st of April 2005, his wife and their three children were involved in a car accident along Sukhumvit Express Road.

Unfortunately, they all lost their lives in the event of the accident. Since then I have made several inquiries to your Embassy to locate any of my client's relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his relatives over the Internet to locate any member of his family but to no avail, hence, I contacted you to assist in repatriating the money left behind in Particularly bank where the deceased deposited the US$15 Million (Fifteen Million United States Dollars only).Consequently, this bank issued me a notice to provide the Next of Kin to claim the US$15 Million (Fifteen Million United States Dollars only) in their custody within the next ten official working days. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 5 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased to claim the fund as the Next of Kin to him so that the fund will be transferred into your account by the

bank.

Upon receipt of the fund, I will come over to your country to meet with you for the disbursement of the fund and then you and I will share the money in this order: 60% will be for me, 40% will be for you. I have all the necessary legal documents that can back our claim we will make with the bank.

All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us seeing this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

You are needed as a next of kin to be presented before the bank to inherit the fund, please i advice you to reply me back to my above private email address which is as the same as this :kittichambers1977@yahoo.com.hk for security reasons.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,

LLB. DR, KITTI N. A .

BTS

Internet Scams

Post by BTS »

Another WEINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 50/50..............beter than previous.....60/40...

David Thorburn wrote:

David Thorburn

Chief Operating Officer,

Clydesdale Bank.

E-mail :davidburnt1u@yahoo.com.hk

Greetings,

I am David Thorburn Chief Operating Officer, Clydesdale Bank. I am getting

in touch with you regarding the estate of a deceased client with last name

similar to yours and an investment he placed under our banks management 10

years ago, I believe would be of interest to you.In 2000, the subject matter;

came to our bank to engage in business discussions with our private banking

division. He informed us that he had a financial portfolio of fifty million

united states dollars ($50,000,000,00).

My proposal; you share the same surname With our late client and i want you

to stand as the bona-fide next of kin to the desease. If you are able to

assist me we shall share the proceeds 50% for me, 50% for you

I will send more details immediately i get a positive response from you.

Regards,

David Thorburn.

K.Snyder

Internet Scams

Post by K.Snyder »

1 New Message (Security Updates Notification)

Sat, February 27, 2010 10:30:08 AM

HSBC Bank PLC

Add to Contacts

To: ksnyder777@yahoo.com

Dear Valued Client

Due to a recent security check on HSBC online banking,we require you to confirm your details by clicking on the logon link below

LOGON

Failure to do this within 24hrs will lead to access suspension

Sorry for the inconvienence

Regards

HSBC Online Banking

Reported Web Forgery!

This web site at john-hansen has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Web forgeries are designed to trick you into revealing personal or financial information by imitating sources you may trust.

Entering any information on this web page may result in identity theft or other fraud.
K.Snyder

Internet Scams

Post by K.Snyder »

richard smith march 19 at 3:56pm report

hello

i am very happy to inform you that your name appear on the facebook monthly promotion and you have won $500,000 usd.

You are advised to contact the payment department with your full name and address facebookdeafpromo2010@gmail.com

smile

congratulations scam!
along-for-the-ride

Internet Scams

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Too many gullible people. Internet scams are costly:

Internet fraud's U.S. price tag put at $550 million - Los Angeles Times
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
K.Snyder

Internet Scams

Post by K.Snyder »

Hsbc Secure Profile Update Confirmation

Wed, March 24, 2010 8:18:17 PM

Hsbc Bank plc

Add to Contacts

To:

Dear Hsbc Customer

"Hsbc Bank plc. is hereby announcing newly upgrade security system."

Click here to re-activate your account

Phone: 0844 600 11 44

Fax: 0844 600 22 44

HSBC Group Team scam!
Cowboy303

Internet Scams

Post by Cowboy303 »

I had this scam about a month ago "security tool" it took over my computer I could not do any thing. It sed every thing was infected with a vires so I had to go on to safe mode to get it off it took me like a week to finely get it off
BaghdadBob

Internet Scams

Post by BaghdadBob »

Cowboy303;1348897 wrote: I had this scam about a month ago "security tool" it took over my computer I could not do any thing. It sed every thing was infected with a vires so I had to go on to safe mode to get it off it took me like a week to finely get it off

Sounds like you were infected with antivirus .net.

I've had to help a couple people recently remove it. It's rather simple.

1. Download a file called rkill. If not from the infected box then from another onto a flash drive. Open the flash drive folders on the infected box and drag it to the desktop and then execute rkill. rkill will kill any malware processes on the box. It'll take a minute or two to work its magic. Once the process has been stopped, download MalwareBytes, SpyDoctor, or Spybot and run one of these to eliminate any further threat.
K.Snyder

Internet Scams

Post by K.Snyder »

Anyone feel threatened by spokeo?

Also thought this might be of interest... Hoax Busters - the BIG LIST of Internet Hoaxes
spot

Internet Scams

Post by spot »

Okay, I'm claiming the absolute record this time.

I have an email telling me I've won...

wait for it...

10.3 Trillion US Dollars.

That's 10300 Billion US Dollars.

That's the next five years' worth of the entire GDP of the United Kingdom, assuming we don't slide further into recession over that period.

I do hope they can find a bank with sufficient liquidity to transfer the balance.
K.Snyder

Internet Scams

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1401176 wrote: Okay, I'm claiming the absolute record this time.

I have an email telling me I've won...

wait for it...

10.3 Trillion US Dollars.

That's 10300 Billion US Dollars.

That's the next five years' worth of the entire GDP of the United Kingdom, assuming we don't slide further into recession over that period.

I do hope they can find a bank with sufficient liquidity to transfer the balance.You'd better give them all of your info, you don't want to pass that up.
spot

Internet Scams

Post by spot »

I'm delighted to note I've also won a £20 million pre-loaded ATM card. I didn't know such things existed.

If ATMs and their cards have a withdrawal limit of £500 per customer per day, which seems par for the course, it would take me 120 years to draw down that balance. It brings to mind the rat-conditioning experiments where the rat presses the food release trigger until death finally releases him from the task.
Týr

Internet Scams

Post by Týr »

A: FULL NAMES:.........

B: ADDRESS:.........

C: DIRECT CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:.........

D: COUNTRY:.........

E: SCAN COPY OF ANY PASSPORT OR ID CARD:.........

This information will be required, by the authorities in Ghana to draft

the new change of ownership in your name as the rightful owner of the

funds in our custody and also to verify the information given to us

because the documentations covering the boxes have been tampered on.

Please to remind you, don't belongs to scammers or any act of fraudulent

on internet. I will give more information to you as i await your response

immediately.

Regards,

Lieutenant General Peter A. Blay

Chief of Army,Accra,Ghana

I'm not sure what it is that I own, let me look...

"the boxes contains funds and Gold on your name and email". That was a stroke of good fortune then.

"These men were trying to enter the country with the trunk boxes, when the airport authority detected that these boxes contains, some huge amount of United State Dollars. After much investigation we found out that these men were among those men, spoiling the good name of Africa".

What rotters they must be.

If Lieutenant General Peter A. Blay, Chief of the Ghanaian Army, can't be arsed to even count how much it's all worth, I'm not sure I can be arsed to fax my passport back to him.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
AnneBoleyn

Internet Scams

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Think about All the Idiots, and they are Legion, who actually fall for this.
Týr

Internet Scams

Post by Týr »

AnneBoleyn;1440135 wrote: Think about All the Idiots, and they are Legion, who actually fall for this.

I'm not sure the psychology of scamming works like that.

At any moment there are people, a very few perhaps, who have been worrying themselves to distraction about their retirement, or how to pay for something vital. It's a pressure. They can see no possible way to the state they need to achieve. When a scam like this pops up in front of them, there's just one trivial step between where they actually are and where they desperately want to get to. The trivial step is to believe the scam is honest. If their mind is so strained and it just for a moment steps over that line, there's no way a person is capable of going back to what it was suffering before. Recognizing the obvious, that the spam is false, would have an intolerable consequence, it would force out the relief of knowing a solution had presented itself. And the more the scammer takes the victim for, the less possible it becomes to reject the belief so the more money gets poured away.

The scammers throw out their million scam emails for whatever it costs - maybe a hundred dollars. If it nets just one triggered mind in that way, they're another fifty or a hundred thousand dollars the richer - that's the average, at a guess, once they have someone on the hook and they strip the assets over the next six months.

What puzzles me is the lack of police response, this sort of crime should have a far more appropriate investigation. if I report the spam it ought to end up in the hands of a dedicated team with a track record of securing long-term sentences for scammers.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
AnneBoleyn

Internet Scams

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You are being very kind.

Yes, for the cost of getting these e-mails out, even a tenth of one percent can bring in money, especially in Nigeria, Ghana, etc. where a lot of these scams originate.

Return to “Computers Internet”