Leave me the hell alone!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by RedGlitter »

Good grief! :mad:

I'm in my flippin nightgown, I look like dog barf and my family friend has come over to talk to my dad as she does several mornings a week. She brought her housemate's daughter with her whom I've never met and she's actually making a big issue because I'm sitting here in my corner at the computer instead of getting up and meeting this teenaged girl who hardly talks anyway. I look like dog barf! I didn't invite her here! I didn't invite her kid here either. She's loud and I wish she'd go home! This is MY home! My castle! I loaf around in my pajamas until I'm ready to hop in the shower!

I've known her for about 30 years so I don't care if she sees me looking unshowered and pajama'ed. I have never seen this girl before and I don't want to be seen like this! I'm not a rude hostess but in this case I'm not even a hostess. I'm off duty! She's here to visit my dad.

This is my damn home!

Does anyone else have irksome friends? Anyone else dislike drop-in company as much as I do? Any of you resent being told how to behave in your own damn house?!

Thank you for listening.
qsducks

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by qsducks »

You could always shout out "you could have called first".:wah:
Chezzie

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by Chezzie »

I feel your pain.

I can be quite anti social, once im home in my castle I like to change into my slobbies or pj's or like now (summer time) a little iddy biddy thin strapped nightie cos its been very hot and humid. Got home from shopping late last night and showered and changed into my nightie and then started preparing tea for me and hubby as by now its 7.30pm...Ring Ring phone its hubbys bro hes popping round...grrr hes had all day and he waits till its our tea time lol. I gestured to hubs that im in my iddy biddy and ill have to get changed he said why, bro wont mind lol...No chance, hubby said hide in the bedroom till hes gone...lucky I have laptop stored in bedroom:sneaky:
qsducks

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by qsducks »

You lucked out Chez. Well, Red you could always order up one of those doormats online that say "Go Away or Leave":wah:
moonpie

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by moonpie »

I absolutely hate for people to drop in on me. I DO NOT go out of the house until I have showered and put a little bit of makeup on, and I don't appreciate anyone dropping in and seeing me without either. I will not dare to drop in on anyone either.
qsducks

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by qsducks »

moonpie;936958 wrote: I absolutely hate for people to drop in on me. I DO NOT go out of the house until I have showered and put a little bit of makeup on, and I don't appreciate anyone dropping in and seeing me without either. I will not dare to drop in on anyone either.

That's called pick up the phone and call and see if you're allowed to come over and pop in. Common courtesy.
qsducks

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by qsducks »

Typical rude people. And to have them come into your home and boss you around? Get lost.
Trunk Monkey

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by Trunk Monkey »

Who opened the door to let them in? :-3 I would have just pretended I wasn't there and waited for them to leave. Geez....people have some nerve! Uninvited at my house means knock all you want, the door is not going to open :sneaky:
Chezzie

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by Chezzie »

My hubby used to work with a bloke whos married to a woman who cant stop giving advice, even if you dont want it.

When we first got our house, they would just turn up and stay for hours, even if we were in the middle of tea. Sometimes we would be just about to dish up and knock knock foghorn annie and the lapdog would walk in and then id be like, should I ask if they want some and hubs would say then we will never get rid of them.

Last straw was when she turned up after I had my first child and persisted in telling me all the things I was doing wrong...I was so depressed after that visit.

We hid the last couple of times and made out we were walking the dog lol...
qsducks

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by qsducks »

Oh jeez, been there, done that Chez. Yup, just hide out and lie your brains out.:wah:
Joe

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by Joe »

fuzzy butt;936921 wrote: Hey, just drop in on her once or twice before she's had the chance to "put on her face" that'll fix her. :D:wah::wah:

That seems the best way to get the message across, that's unless you can't just tell her to call first.

Personally I don't mind drop in callers, but I don't get many, well just one actually, & yes, I've been caught unprepared too!
southern yankee

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by southern yankee »

You know, i always call anyone before i go visit. best friend or neighbor. i was raised that way. you know, common curtisey. You never know, what's going on. some people:mad:
qsducks

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;937159 wrote: You know, i always call anyone before i go visit. best friend or neighbor. i was raised that way. you know, common curtisey. You never know, what's going on. some people:mad:

Exactly. Maybe we should leave a copy of the Miss Manner's book by the front door. Called "hint".
flopstock

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by flopstock »

I've actually sat in my living-room watching TV with the windows open and not answered the door...

But then again, I'm not the most sensitive girl on the block...:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

qsducks

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by qsducks »

And they didn't peak in the window?
scholle-kid

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by scholle-kid »

I have 2 signs one on the gate post it say "PRIVATE PROPERTY by INVITE ONLY" its a black sign with bright caution yellow lettering and the other one is because of a nieghbor that bought property out here but lives in town and he's a real 'peice of work' when it comes to pissing people off ,so he gets his place ripped off or just messed with continuelly ,the sign is a large rock I painted bright white and in black letters it says " non neighborlly neighbor" these signs went up after the a$$ wipe showed up in my yard 4 times one week yelling cussing and threaring the whole world about his property not being repected and did I see any thing anf why wasn't I a real neighbor :-5 yada yada yada ..:-5

boy did I hear thur the grape vine about my anti social mentallt un couth ways ...:D
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
Mia

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by Mia »

I am with you all the way Red. One thing friends, sulky teenagers you do not wish to know is a different story.Anyway folks should ring before they drop in it is something I would always do to any of my friends or relatives.
flopstock

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by flopstock »

qsducks;937202 wrote: And they didn't peak in the window?
my dog always goes nuts when someone shows up so they must figure i'm sleeping or off somewhere without my car

only folks who peek in the windows are the neighborhood kids looking for the daughter... i just yell at them to go away:wah:

I have had my cell phone ring but fortunately the dog drowns it out...:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

mrsK

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by mrsK »

Friday afternoon I get home from work,shower & put on the pj's.

If anyone visits then that is what they get.

I do what I want in my home,I paid for it it is My Castle.

Just do what you want :-4:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Lon

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by Lon »

RedGlitter;936905 wrote: Good grief! :mad:

I'm in my flippin nightgown, I look like dog barf and my family friend has come over to talk to my dad as she does several mornings a week. She brought her housemate's daughter with her whom I've never met and she's actually making a big issue because I'm sitting here in my corner at the computer instead of getting up and meeting this teenaged girl who hardly talks anyway. I look like dog barf! I didn't invite her here! I didn't invite her kid here either. She's loud and I wish she'd go home! This is MY home! My castle! I loaf around in my pajamas until I'm ready to hop in the shower!

I've known her for about 30 years so I don't care if she sees me looking unshowered and pajama'ed. I have never seen this girl before and I don't want to be seen like this! I'm not a rude hostess but in this case I'm not even a hostess. I'm off duty! She's here to visit my dad.

This is my damn home!

Does anyone else have irksome friends? Anyone else dislike drop-in company as much as I do? Any of you resent being told how to behave in your own damn house?!

Thank you for listening.

Ah-------isn't it your dad's home as well?
Kathy Ellen

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'm with you Red. I don't like people popping over whenever they want. I have 3 relatives who pop in all the time even though I've asked them to call first. During the summer, one comes every Saturday at 8:00 AM and the other 2 come at 11 PM :-5

Oy vey.....no talking sense to them.....

Hope6

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by Hope6 »

Just a couple of hours ago! :-5

as i have said on other threads i don't wear a bra around home, soon as i come in the house i change clothes, usually to a t shirt and a pair of shorts in hot weather and no bra!

so today these guys show up at the door, they are here to assess the hail damage to the tobacco from the storm the other night and i had to go out and sign the paperwork, lets just say i kept my arms folded across my chest as much as possible! :o
RedGlitter

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by RedGlitter »

Lon;937321 wrote: Ah-------isn't it your dad's home as well?

Yes, that's why it was his job to entertain her! I was doing my own thing. She did not come to see me.
shelbell

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by shelbell »

Chezzie;937095 wrote: My hubby used to work with a bloke whos married to a woman who cant stop giving advice, even if you dont want it.

When we first got our house, they would just turn up and stay for hours, even if we were in the middle of tea. Sometimes we would be just about to dish up and knock knock foghorn annie and the lapdog would walk in and then id be like, should I ask if they want some and hubs would say then we will never get rid of them.

Last straw was when she turned up after I had my first child and persisted in telling me all the things I was doing wrong...I was so depressed after that visit.

We hid the last couple of times and made out we were walking the dog lol...

Just one more good reason to have a dog.:) I wouldn't be able to use that excuse either cuz they're both in the window barking their heads off!I have done the hide thing before...well, quite a few times.:wah::wah:
RedGlitter

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by RedGlitter »

Hey I should also mention, we leave our back door unlocked in the daytime- she just walks in if we don't answer the door fast enough. :thinking:
WonderWendy3

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Yeah, I'd be having fits....I walk around in my pajamas all the time...I have these cotton house-dress moo moo type of things, that I just love....and my son has his friends over to hang out in the yard all the time, it doesn't bother me, because they stay outside...

When I first moved in here in April, the neighbor's daughter (7 year old) thought because we were in HER back yard, that we were fair game...she would just walk in and I'd tell her that I'm in the bathroom or bedroom, she'd walk in anyway!!!...needless to say, before too long, doors were locked when we knew she was around and she finally got the message!....I felt bad for her, since she is so young and really wanted someone to be around that wasn't yelling at her...but I couldn't handle the responsibility when I have more on my plate than I could handle at the time.

As for you Red, I don't know what I'd do since this person is a lifetime friend....but I would have to say something, if you think it will do any good.
suzy_creamcheese

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by suzy_creamcheese »

I HATE people coming round without calling first. Really hate it. I like to have at least half an hour, an hour to clear up a bit, but preferably a lot longer than that.

Some people just do it no matter how many times i mention id like warning, or my cousin has taken to calling when shes outside the back gate asking if its ok to pop round. My family are the worst for it.

With 3 kids 2 of whom are babies, I am trying sooo hard to keep from chaos and someone popping round at an inconvenient time really messes me up
qsducks

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by qsducks »

And of course when uexpected comapny shows up you either look like a wreck or your house is a little messy:-5
sunny104

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by sunny104 »

I don't like people coming over without calling.

I had a friend in Florida that would come over all the time without calling but she would complain when people did that to her! :thinking:
YZGI

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by YZGI »

People come and go at my house whenever they like. We don't even like them to ring the bell (don't want to get up to answer it). It's open house and all are welcome. If we are not around and the bedroom door is locked, just give us five minutes and we will be back..
sunny104

Leave me the hell alone!

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;938091 wrote: People come and go at my house whenever they like. We don't even like them to ring the bell (don't want to get up to answer it). It's open house and all are welcome. If we are not around and the bedroom door is locked, just give us five minutes and we will be back..

my dream guy! :-4

:D :wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”