I need help .why should I suffer...

Discuss the Christian Faith.
amale

Post by amale »

I am 40 and I have been truthful, humble, loving, respect others, forgive others easily, but all my way people cheat me.....? why , me?

should a good christian get such result.... if so why

Jesus has already suffered for us, then why should I suffer...

Please write what you feel honestly... love to hear from you all
koan

Post by koan »

There are a lot of cheaters in the world. Don't take it personal. Know that your soul is in better shape. It is not a sin to protect yourself either.
polycarp

Post by polycarp »

Hello amale, first and foremost, you're not the only one in this difficult situation. You see, as a christian you constitute an inviting victim to cheats. Your sense of love for everyone, humility and trust is usually trampled upon, by those you least expect. These experiences shouldn't make you feel bad because no where in the bible have you been assured of an immunity from people who'd like to take advantage of you. Max Lucado once said "this world is not heaven, so don't expect it to be" So amale, you live in a world where the Devil thrives. The only thing is to stick to your faith in God and leave everything to Him. Remember the Lord says "vengeance is mine". So just do what you have to do, but be wise and don't make yourself so cheap/simple to an extent that you'll constitute an attractive or suitable victim to cheats again. Henceforth, try and be wiser in your dealings with people. Love all but trust only God. Have a nice time and God bless you.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
gmc

Post by gmc »

Expect the best from your fellow man or women, don't be surprised when you don't get it and don't judge too harshly, or at all. People are people if you can accept yourself then you should be able to accept others for what they are as well with all their flaws. Speaking as a non christian that is.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

You don't have to be a Christian to be the victim of liars and cheats. It is the phenomenon that transcends the religious boundaries. Put your faith in your fellow beings only make them prove to you that they are who they claim to be. If they can't give you certainty then you don't and shouldn't do business with them. The devil doesn't care for religion it only cares for its deeds.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

welcome to FG amale......all i can say is innocence is always assailed by evil, but there are protectors with swords and shields.
polycarp

Post by polycarp »

lady cop wrote: welcome to FG amale......all i can say is innocence is always assailed by evil, but there are protectors with swords and shields.
And the distinguished lady (LC) happens to be an expert at that.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

polycarp wrote: And the distinguished lady (LC) happens to be an expert at that.....:yh_hugs :yh_blush
Beth

Post by Beth »

amale wrote: I am 40 and I have been truthful, humble, loving, respect others, forgive others easily, but all my way people cheat me.....? why , me?

Please write what you feel honestly... love to hear from you allI understand this. I went through this most of my life, as a Christian and as an unbeliever. What is more is that when you forgive, you are also expected to forget the past and pretends it never happened. I am currently going through this type of situation. I cannot eat much, what I do eat, I fight to keep down because my stomach is in knots. I struggle with myself continually to ask myself if I am wrong in wanting to protect myself from future incidents.

Turning the other cheek and forgivness are good, mercy is wonderful, but it is foolish not to learn from past abuses. Stay strong, do fight for yourself.
nev

Post by nev »

amale wrote: I am 40 and I have been truthful, humble, loving, respect others, forgive others easily, but all my way people cheat me.....? why , me?

Jesus Christ was humble, compassionate, honest, truthful, extremely loving, respectful of others, very forgiving - what did they do to him...they humiliated and killed him.

His so called friends ran away in fear and even disowned him.

I believe that has replicated through the ages. Today in the world we are now living in, to do what's right rather then what is expected is a huge challenge. If we take up the challenge, the consequences are tough. So what do we do - either we turn our backs to Christian teaching and become worldly or follow Jesus and be prepared for the pain that comes with it while on earth.

The ways of the world are not the ways of God. In trying to accept that, I try to surround myself by friends etc who are of like mind; such that we keep encouraging each other on and keeps us better prepared to face the unkindness that get's thrown at us.
:)
Lon

Post by Lon »

New York Police were interviewing muggers that they had apprehended and asked them why they choose certain people (men & women) to mug and let others go by. They replied "that it was the way they walked", they looked and acted timid and unassertive & they therefore expected no resistance.

Some people have personalities that set themselves up for being taken advantage of in the same way.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Some people I have know just seem to maintain an inner peace under any kind of conflict with other people. Maybe because they know in their hearts that they are following the example Jesus gave us. They are not smug. They just know that they are doing the right thing. And you know what? I try to be the same way. These people to me are really "cool".

Don't suffer anymore. Just be what you are and set an example for other folks. You only have one life. :-6
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Beth wrote: I understand this. I went through this most of my life, as a Christian and as an unbeliever. What is more is that when you forgive, you are also expected to forget the past and pretends it never happened. I am currently going through this type of situation. I cannot eat much, what I do eat, I fight to keep down because my stomach is in knots. I struggle with myself continually to ask myself if I am wrong in wanting to protect myself from future incidents.

Turning the other cheek and forgivness are good, mercy is wonderful, but it is foolish not to learn from past abuses. Stay strong, do fight for yourself.
Forgiving does not mean that you have to forget. Forgetting is a self-fulfilling prophecy for more of the same. Forgive but don't forget why you had to forgive in the first place.
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

Well, people cheat you because you let it happen. Just because you base your life on a book does not mean you get what you want or "deserve" Any other questions?
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

RedSoxFan wrote: Well, people cheat you because you let it happen. Just because you base your life on a book does not mean you get what you want or "deserve" Any other questions? Lon made a good point, it is true that some people appear to be victims, by demeanor, body language, naivete....i often tell women to walk tall and confidently as opposed to head down and mousey. don't LOOK like a mark. the thing is, cons target society's most vulnerable, such as the elderly. or innocent types who may seem unsophisticated. i don't think amale expected his religion to protect him from dirtbags, i think he was upset that good is often rewarded by evil........REDSOXFAN welcome to FG from a former Cape-Codder.
Beth

Post by Beth »

lady cop wrote: Lon made a good point, it is true that some people appear to be victims, by demeanor, body language, naivete....i often tell women to walk tall and confidently as opposed to head down and mousey. don't LOOK like a mark. the thing is, cons target society's most vulnerable, such as the elderly. or innocent types who may seem unsophisticated. i don't think amale expected his religion to protect him from dirtbags, i think he was upset that good is often rewarded by evil........REDSOXFAN welcome to FG from a former Cape-Codder.
I was a victim once while walking, never again. When walking, I am aggressive, fast paced, my hand grasped on my bag, my stride confident, a couple of keys threaded beatween my fingers, ready to use as a weapon. I am aware of my surrounding, if a man dare to approach me in a parking lot, I automatically take a defensive stance, ready to strike and am curt (I mean, who the f**k kinda guy actually approaches a woman in a parking lot? So I could care less if he is innocent , I always assume the very worst.). This said, I do not in anyway present a victim''s presence. I have dared men to fight me, jumped in their faces because of crap involving our children, but those closest to me are able to hurt me because I love them. I don't think that people who get victimized by people, used, taken advantage of, project that personality. I think that some people are victimized because those that would victimize them learn through relationship with that person that they will be allowed to act in a certain ways.
Beth

Post by Beth »

kensloft wrote: Forgiving does not mean that you have to forget. Forgetting is a self-fulfilling prophecy for more of the same. Forgive but don't forget why you had to forgive in the first place.
Right, some forms of Christianity does not teach this. To truly forgive as Christ forgives, one must strive to forgive and to wipe the slate clean. It actually sets up for a victim mentality. Some people take advantage of such people.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Beth wrote: I was a victim once while walking, never again. When walking, I am aggressive, fast paced, my hand grasped on my bag, my stride confident, a couple of keys threaded beatween my fingers, ready to use as a weapon. I am aware of my surrounding, if a man dare to approach me in a parking lot, I automatically take a defensive stance, ready to strike and am curt (I mean, who the f**k kinda guy actually approaches a woman in a parking lot? So I could care less if he is innocent , I always assume the very worst.). This said, I do not in anyway present a victim''s presence. I have dared men to fight me, jumped in their faces because of crap involving our children, but those closest to me are able to hurt me because I love them. I don't think that people who get victimized by people, used, taken advantage of, project that personality. I think that some people are victimized because those that would victimize them learn through relationship with that person that they will be allowed to act in a certain ways.
Good point! Something else to take care of in your day. Sorry about having been forced to using weapons to defend yourself.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

you make a valid point Beth. i was thinking in terms of strangers...of course people in a relationships of any type have more insight into how to take advantage if they are so inclined. i LIKE your badass attitude on the street! YESSSS!... challenge them, they will usually (but CAUTION! not always!) run from an aggressive assertive woman. my big ol' 45 usually dissuades them. :D but even when my weapon isn't visable, i walk with extreme confidence. and a concealed 9mm. heh heh
Beth

Post by Beth »

kensloft wrote: Good point! Something else to take care of in your day. Sorry about having been forced to using weapons to defend yourself.Thanks.

And I actually didn't have a weapon the time I mentioned. That came from deciding I never wanted to be a victim again.
Beth

Post by Beth »

lady cop wrote: you make a valid point Beth. i was thinking in terms of strangers...of course people in a relationships of any type have more insight into how to take advantage if they are so inclined. Yes. Even the strong and intimidating people can be victimized or taken advantage of if you know what makes a person tick.

i LIKE your badass attitude on the street! YESSSS!... challenge them, they will usually (but CAUTION! not always!) run from an aggressive assertive woman. my big ol' 45 usually dissuades them. :D but even when my weapon isn't visable, i walk with extreme confidence. and a concealed 9mm. heh heh
Hehe. I am cautious. If I can, I don't allow myself to gett into such a situation. Once because a man was walking toward me for no reason in a dark parking lot, I left the packages in the cart, but hopped into my car and locked the doors. I only came out after he left. Another time, I dialed 911 in front of a man because I was being harassed and felt threatened. The keys are they for me to readily strike if I'm touched.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Beth wrote: Yes. Even the strong and intimidating people can be victimized or taken advantage of if you know what makes a person tick.

Hehe. I am cautious. If I can, I don't allow myself to gett into such a situation. Once because a man was walking toward me for no reason in a dark parking lot, I left the packages in the cart, but hopped into my car and locked the doors. I only came out after he left. Another time, I dialed 911 in front of a man because I was being harassed and felt threatened. The keys are they for me to readily strike if I'm touched.
I would think as soon as they had invaded your personal space if they were walking towards you with hands raising to get set and ready to grab you.
Beth

Post by Beth »

kensloft wrote: I would think as soon as they had invaded your personal space if they were walking towards you with hands raising to get set and ready to grab you.
I was younger and approached from behind.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: my big ol' 45 usually dissuades them. :D but even when my weapon isn't visable, i walk with extreme confidence. and a concealed 9mm. heh heh
Myself, I always have a 6'2", 240 pound biker on hand to "dissuade" any would-be attackers. :yh_rotfl

But seriously, when Matt's not with me, it's ALWAYS look around, be aware, walk confidently. I look under my car before I approach it and into the back seat before I get in it. Can't be too careful these days! :yh_beatup
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Beth wrote: I was younger and approached from behind.
Have you taken up any self defense course aside from what seems to be wen do? There are any number of moves tht could change a guy's attitude fast. But on the same token if he's as big as a 240 pound biker and you are petite it would be a whole other kettle of fish. Doable but... ?

Hope it wasn't too traumatic.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Amale :-6

I too am a Christian and have been all my life. I think you have received some excellent advice in terms of watching, walking, being observant etc

One thing I learned years ago that does not negate any attempt to lead a truly Christian life is to learn how to be assertive in all situations where it is necesssary. I made up my mind long ago never to take "garbage" from anyone. Both my faith and my assertivensess have served me well. I've made it to 61 so far.

We raised our children that way and so far they have been successful as well.

Shalom

Ted :-6
amale

Post by amale »

polycarp wrote: Hello amale, first and foremost, you're not the only one in this difficult situation. You see, as a christian you constitute an inviting victim to cheats. Your sense of love for everyone, humility and trust is usually trampled upon, by those you least expect. These experiences shouldn't make you feel bad because no where in the bible have you been assured of an immunity from people who'd like to take advantage of you. Max Lucado once said "this world is not heaven, so don't expect it to be" So amale, you live in a world where the Devil thrives. The only thing is to stick to your faith in God and leave everything to Him. Remember the Lord says "vengeance is mine". So just do what you have to do, but be wise and don't make yourself so cheap/simple to an extent that you'll constitute an attractive or suitable victim to cheats again. Henceforth, try and be wiser in your dealings with people. Love all but trust only God. Have a nice time and God bless you.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT
amale

Post by amale »

Ted Thanks For The Wise Words..
amale

Post by amale »

kensloft wrote: You don't have to be a Christian to be the victim of liars and cheats. It is the phenomenon that transcends the religious boundaries. Put your faith in your fellow beings only make them prove to you that they are who they claim to be. If they can't give you certainty then you don't and shouldn't do business with them. The devil doesn't care for religion it only cares for its deeds.

PUTING IN FAITH IN THE FELLOW BEINGS....ARE MY PROBLEMS

THE MORE I TRUST IN SOME ONE...THE MORE HE CHEATS ME..

THE MORE I FORGIVE OTHERS THE MORE THEY HURT ME...
Ted

Post by Ted »

amale :-6

Forgive is correct but one is not required to forget. Now be assertive and yes trust folks but try to make judgements before you get had and you will probably avoid most if not all problems.

Shalom

Ted :-6
amale

Post by amale »

Lon wrote: New York Police were interviewing muggers that they had apprehended and asked them why they choose certain people (men & women) to mug and let others go by. They replied "that it was the way they walked", they looked and acted timid and unassertive & they therefore expected no resistance.

Some people have personalities that set themselves up for being taken advantage of in the same way.

DEAR FRIEND

I AM NOT A MUG

I INVENT THINGS THAT THIS WORLD NEEDS. I WORKED FOR ALMOST 13 OF MY PRECIOUS YEARS TO FIND A SOLUTION TO CLEAR PLASTIC AND CLEAN THE FACE OF EARTH..

I DID IT AND INTRODUCED IN ASIAN REGION.

I TRAVEL WORLD WIDE.. TALK TO PEOPLE BUILD AND DESIGN MACHINE S FOR INDUSTRIES TO AVOID TOXIC EVOPERATION.... I AM NOT A MUG. I KNOW WELL THAT I HAVE NOT DONE THIS MYSELF

IT IS HE WHO MADE ME DO IT

IT IS HE WHO GUIDES ME THROUGH..

BUT WHY IS HE NOT LIFTING ME ABOVE THE REST..

WHY IS HE PUTTING A CHEAT ABOVE ME....THAT IS WHAT TROUBLES ME.

THAT IS WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND... HE NEVER MADE ME A MUG...THANKS
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

No no...amale, Lon was not calling you a mugger. He was explaining why people who rob others choose the victims they rob. Not saying YOU do this.

Who made you do what, exactly? I'm not following you, who are you talking about?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Beth

Post by Beth »

amale wrote: DEAR FRIEND

I AM NOT A MUG

I INVENT THINGS THAT THIS WORLD NEEDS. I WORKED FOR ALMOST 13 OF MY PRECIOUS YEARS TO FIND A SOLUTION TO CLEAR PLASTIC AND CLEAN THE FACE OF EARTH..

I DID IT AND INTRODUCED IN ASIAN REGION.

I TRAVEL WORLD WIDE.. TALK TO PEOPLE BUILD AND DESIGN MACHINE S FOR INDUSTRIES TO AVOID TOXIC EVOPERATION.... I AM NOT A MUG. I KNOW WELL THAT I HAVE NOT DONE THIS MYSELF

THAT IS WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND... HE NEVER MADE ME A MUG...THANKSI think you totally misunderstood the point and context of Lon's post.
David813

Post by David813 »

amale, I'm the same age and lots of things get me down as well. Clear your mind, buy some beer and rent a scary movie. Works for me every time.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
koan

Post by koan »

I am beginning to suspect there is a certain person in mind and not the world in general. My original advice, post #2, still stands.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: I am beginning to suspect there is a certain person in mind and not the world in general. My original advice, post #2, still stands.
I agree with you and the post #2.
lime-sterman

Post by lime-sterman »

I'm not a follower of any religeon at all but these words by mother theresa reflect a lot of my processing! if you know this poem just bear with it!

Do It Anyway

People are often unreasonable,

illogical, and self centred;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind,

People may accuse you of selfish

Ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful,

You will win false friends,

And some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,

People may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,

Someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,

They may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,

People will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,

And it may never be enough;

Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,

It is between you and God;

It was never between them and you anyway.

Mother Teresa.
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

Wow! Love the poem, Lime-sterman. Thank you. :)

amale wrote:

THAT IS WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND... HE NEVER MADE ME A MUG...THANKS
Why doesn't He lift you above the rest? From reading your post, I would've thought that He had. He gave you the skills and the opportunity to offer the world something good, necessary, positive. You've succeeded so far in your efforts. Is there something else you want?

Why are you comparing yourself to another? Compare yourself to your own potential instead...and a bit of gratitude for what you have might not be a bad idea, either.

Your vision is limited, I think. The cheat may be above you today...is today all that matters? What if the cheat falls far below you - will you feel vindicated then? Or will you feel Christ-like sorrow for his suffering?

I'm not judging you...just asking some questions.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

lime-sterman wrote: I'm not a follower of any religeon at all but these words by mother theresa reflect a lot of my processing! if you know this poem just bear with it!

Do It Anyway

People are often unreasonable,

illogical, and self centred;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind,

People may accuse you of selfish

Ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful,

You will win false friends,

And some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,

People may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,

Someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,

They may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,

People will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,

And it may never be enough;

Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,

It is between you and God;

It was never between them and you anyway.

Mother Teresa.

Thanks for the poem. It is truly wonderful and inspirational.
amale

Post by amale »

Your vision is limited, I think. The cheat may be above you today...is today all that matters? What if the cheat falls far below you - will you feel vindicated then? Or will you feel Christ-like sorrow for his suffering?

I'm not judging you...just asking some questions.

that is my question..why is the cheat above me, a person who lies and bears false witness wins in the court room...one example

he wins the case and heppy goes home... what do i do cry ? pray ? what do it do ?
polycarp

Post by polycarp »

Amale wrote "that is my question..why is the cheat above me, a person who lies and bears false witness wins in the court room...one example

he wins the case and heppy goes home... what do i do cry ? pray ? what do it do?"

Amale, the cheat is above you because we live in an imperfect world. While you go about your activities in honesty, the cheat on the other hand, lies and cheats. You should however bear it in mind that falsehood lasts but for a time. The day of reckoning shall come when the cheat will meet what is due to him. Just be yourself and move on and always bear it in mind that someone up there, who is patient and waiting for an appointed time, is watching. I always think that if things were just straight and easy for christians, I personally wouldn't see the need to believe in God. Sometimes this experiences are meant to teach us not to depend on ourselves but in Him who we belive created us. Cheers!
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

amale wrote: that is my question..why is the cheat above me, a person who lies and bears false witness wins in the court room...one example

he wins the case and heppy goes home... what do i do cry ? pray ? what do it do ?
Scripture tells us to pursue justice. It stands to reason that we pursue justice because it isn't readily found in the world. We also pursue love, kindness, forgiveness, beauty, humility, and so on. None of these things are easy. The word "pursue" means that we must actively work towards it.

My answer isn't intended to be flippant or to imply that there isn't pain/confusion/betrayal involved. There definitely is.

But above all of it lies choice. Only you get to decide what is above and what is below. You can judge by worldly standards, or you can develop your own personal standard. While I wish I could erase all the anger and hurt from you, I simply can't do that. And, I have enough faith in people that I truly believe this is something you can and will overcome. Just the fact that you are asking shows you are coming to terms with it, and that you will find peace in time.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
polycarp

Post by polycarp »

A Karenina wrote: Scripture tells us to pursue justice. It stands to reason that we pursue justice because it isn't readily found in the world. We also pursue love, kindness, forgiveness, beauty, humility, and so on. None of these things are easy. The word "pursue" means that we must actively work towards it.

My answer isn't intended to be flippant or to imply that there isn't pain/confusion/betrayal involved. There definitely is.

But above all of it lies choice. Only you get to decide what is above and what is below. You can judge by worldly standards, or you can develop your own personal standard. While I wish I could erase all the anger and hurt from you, I simply can't do that. And, I have enough faith in people that I truly believe this is something you can and will overcome. Just the fact that you are asking shows you are coming to terms with it, and that you will find peace in time.
Well put Karenina, a lot of sense is contained in your well-thought-out post.
Raven

Post by Raven »

We're told that in this world we will have tribulation. We're also told to have no fear of it, for He has overcome the world. And that if the world hates us, remember it hated Him first.

That doesnt mean we sit back and just let ourselves be victimized. Even Christ avoided hostile people.

Dont be suprised that the world seems to dump on us. You're not alone, sweety. You've got loads of brothers and sisters right there with you.

Yes Christ did suffer. But that was for our sins. Those are forgiven, but yet we must remain still, in a world that hates us. But thats the beauty of it. That means that Christ is still here too. With us, in us and through us, he reaches those still in the dark. Can you imagine how HE felt, when He was here? And everytime we fail to forgive, we cheat Him. But through my own trials, I found a way to be able to forgive more easily. Just ask yourself if you want the offender to suffer what God says they would, (that cup is full, remember) on account of what they have done to you. That one did it for me. Hope it helps! Hang in there, sweety.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Paula

Post by Paula »

JUST SAY STOP, BUG off. Being too nice is bad.
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
koan

Post by koan »

Sorry, but I am NOT a Christian, live the same values and get dumped on all the time. It's a matter of self respect not respect for God. God wants you to take care of yourself. Be tolerant and PATIENT. As far as someone you deem not deserving of better things or positions than you...isn't happiness, love and contentment more important than stuff and position? If you are happy what more could you want?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Sorry, but I am NOT a Christian, live the same values and get dumped on all the time. It's a matter of self respect not respect for God. God wants you to take care of yourself. Be tolerant and PATIENT. As far as someone you deem not deserving of better things or positions than you...isn't happiness, love and contentment more important than stuff and position? If you are happy what more could you want?
And people wonder why I love you?
amale

Post by amale »

Raven wrote: We're told that in this world we will have tribulation. We're also told to have no fear of it, for He has overcome the world. And that if the world hates us, remember it hated Him first.

That doesnt mean we sit back and just let ourselves be victimized. Even Christ avoided hostile people.

Dont be suprised that the world seems to dump on us. You're not alone, sweety. You've got loads of brothers and sisters right there with you.

Yes Christ did suffer. But that was for our sins. Those are forgiven, but yet we must remain still, in a world that hates us. But thats the beauty of it. That means that Christ is still here too. With us, in us and through us, he reaches those still in the dark. Can you imagine how HE felt, when He was here? And everytime we fail to forgive, we cheat Him. But through my own trials, I found a way to be able to forgive more easily. Just ask yourself if you want the offender to suffer what God says they would, (that cup is full, remember) on account of what they have done to you. That one did it for me. Hope it helps! Hang in there, sweety.

raven i thank you for your beautiful words, and the strength you gave me saying that i am not alone....thank you

i know these and just remembered a song " One day at a time...sweet jesus..." I am only human.........
Raven

Post by Raven »

amale wrote: raven i thank you for your beautiful words, and the strength you gave me saying that i am not alone....thank you

i know these and just remembered a song " One day at a time...sweet jesus..." I am only human.........
you're very welcome....after all, thats why you have loads of brothers and sisters! :yh_flower
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
polycarp

Post by polycarp »

Raven wrote: you're very welcome....after all, thats why you have loads of brothers and sisters! :yh_flower
Raven, your words are truly comforting and I'm happy that Amale appreciates them.

Return to “Christianity”