In-laws or Out-laws???

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
southern yankee

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by southern yankee »

My ex in-laws were something else. my nick name for her was DRAGON LADY. How about yours!!;)
chonsigirl

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by chonsigirl »

I don't use language like that..............:wah:

Mine were finally nice to me the last visit.
scholle-kid

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by scholle-kid »

I called my e x mother inlaw "sailor lady " ( we live in New Mexico) because when it comes to her son she's capiton on a hude ship on the river of 'de nile' :rolleyes:
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
southern yankee

In-laws or Out-laws???

when i married their son. my parents did not have much. so they asked if they could throw our reception. at first i thought this was soooo sweet of them. this would be 500 or 600 people. But then the DRAGON LADY opened the can of worms. WE, would love to throw your reception. WITH ONE BIG CATCH. We get half of all the money and presents you recieve. I freaked!! so we decided to just to get married by the preist in the chapel. When we told them this. they contacted the bishop who was a relative of theirs. had the wedding STOPPED!! So i told my preist who knew me from birth. that we would marry one way or another. (STUPID ME!!) So he did marry us. Put it this way. the only good thing that came out of that marriage was my beautiful daughter.

CAN ANYONE BEAT THAT????
Chezzie

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by Chezzie »

Sadly I only met my husbands father once as he died 4 months after we met. Although he was ravaged with cancer, he seemed a warm nice bloke that I would of got on with.

My mother in law is fantastic, she will do anything for me, my husband and our two girls. She spoils us rotten but the best bit is that I know I can ring her and she will be there for me in my hour of need, works both ways and of course we are there for her also.
mrsK

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by mrsK »

My inlaws where pretty good.

We had our moments but who doesn't?:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

I'm an in-law and I am perfect at it. :wah:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
kayleneaussie

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by kayleneaussie »

I have been married twice and both times I have had the most fantastic in laws. My ex in laws I still got on with really well until they both passed.
FOC THREAD PART 1
sunny104

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by sunny104 »

I loved my mother in law. We lost her 8 years ago. :-1 My father in law passed away a few years before I met hubby but I know he's still around. :-4
qsducks

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by qsducks »

Loved my MIL but we too lost her 7 yrs ago. And my FIL died over 18 yrs ago. Super nice people, but of course my hubby has a huge family and his sibs can be quite a viperful group:mad:
Trunk Monkey

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by Trunk Monkey »

My MIL was the nicest person anyone could have had the pleasure to meet. She didn't have much but she would give anyone the shirt off her back. I felt closer to her at times than my own mother. Unfortunately she got alzheimers and has since passed away. I never met my FIL since he had passed away long before I met my husband. I still miss my MIL to this day with her smile that could light up any room. She would always say "see ya when I see ya kid" and never goodbye. Those were her words when she was passing on in the hospital and I will never forget her :-4
southern yankee

In-laws or Out-laws???

Trunk Monkey;935828 wrote: My MIL was the nicest person anyone could have had the pleasure to meet. She didn't have much but she would give anyone the shirt off her back. I felt closer to her at times than my own mother. Unfortunately she got alzheimers and has since passed away. I never met my FIL since he had passed away long before I met my husband. I still miss my MIL to this day with her smile that could light up any room. She would always say "see ya when I see ya kid" and never goodbye. Those were her words when she was passing on in the hospital and I will never forget her :-4 You were very lucky to have that closeness. His (EX's) whole family was very disfuctional. Very crule to one another. :( The whole family has disowned my EX. my family was so close. and is what is left of us. I am so grateful for that.:)
Trunk Monkey

In-laws or Out-laws???

Post by Trunk Monkey »

southern yankee;935844 wrote: You were very lucky to have that closeness. His (EX's) whole family was very disfuctional. Very crule to one another. :( The whole family has disowned my EX. my family was so close. and is what is left of us. I am so grateful for that.:)

I'm sorry to hear that about his family. Makes you wonder how people can act like that to each other. I'm glad you have someone who cares about you :-4
southern yankee

In-laws or Out-laws???

Trunk Monkey;935852 wrote: I'm sorry to hear that about his family. Makes you wonder how people can act like that to each other. I'm glad you have someone who cares about you :-4 my husband's parents passed on many years before i met him. but has siblings i am close to.;)

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”