Half sister

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
southern yankee

Half sister

Post by southern yankee »

last weekend my husband was able to meet his half sister for the very first time.:) She had been searching for her father and his family for many years. Her father had passed 6 mos. Before her mother did.:( Never getting the chance to meet him. But she did meet her father's youngest sister. Her 2 brothers, my husband and their oldest brother. Who is very ill with cancer. So this was wonderful for the three of them.

This also happen to me. about 2 years ago.:) i met my half brother. that i did not know exsisted until 6 mos. before that. i thought i was a only child.:confused:

has anything like this ever happen to you? Would love to hear about it.
shelbell

Half sister

Post by shelbell »

southern yankee;920115 wrote: last weekend my husband was able to meet his half sister for the very first time.:) She had been searching for her father and his family for many years. Her father had passed 6 mos. Before her mother did.:( Never getting the chance to meet him. But she did meet her father's youngest sister. Her 2 brothers, my husband and their oldest brother. Who is very ill with cancer. So this was wonderful for the three of them.

This also happen to me. about 2 years ago.:) i met my half brother. that i did not know exsisted until 6 mos. before that. i thought i was a only child.:confused:

has anything like this ever happen to you? Would love to hear about it.

I grew up knowing I had an older half brother but hardly ever got to see him. When we became older, we got to be friends and even worked together for 7 years. Now we've kinda lost track again. I'm glad my girls got to grow up with each other, out of 3 girls we had 2 sets of half sisters and 1 of step sisters. To us and to them tho, there is no half or steps, they are sisters and are very close to each other.
southern yankee

Half sister

shelbell;922236 wrote: I grew up knowing I had an older half brother but hardly ever got to see him. When we became older, we got to be friends and even worked together for 7 years. Now we've kinda lost track again. I'm glad my girls got to grow up with each other, out of 3 girls we had 2 sets of half sisters and 1 of step sisters. To us and to them tho, there is no half or steps, they are sisters and are very close to each other.

Contact him. it is never too late. until the lord calls us. pick up that phone. tonight. :)
shelbell

Half sister

Post by shelbell »

southern yankee;922343 wrote: Contact him. it is never too late. until the lord calls us. pick up that phone. tonight. :)

I don't even know his number...and he lives with his mom. I don't know how to call him.
southern yankee

Half sister

shelbell;922356 wrote: I don't even know his number...and he lives with his mom. I don't know how to call him.

do you know her name?? try zaba search or the on line white pages. if that does not work. try classmates or reunion. if not i will think of more trys. How badly do you want to reach him?? i may have other ideas.
shelbell

Half sister

Post by shelbell »

southern yankee;922411 wrote: do you know her name?? try zaba search or the on line white pages. if that does not work. try classmates or reunion. if not i will think of more trys. How badly do you want to reach him?? i may have other ideas.

I'll try those, but he is a really bad alcoholic and I'm in recovery. I try my hardest to not be around drinkers...just smelling it makes me want to have a beer, and I've been clean almost 5 years. So it's a really hard position to be in. :(
southern yankee

Half sister

shelbell;922431 wrote: I'll try those, but he is a really bad alcoholic and I'm in recovery. I try my hardest to not be around drinkers...just smelling it makes me want to have a beer, and I've been clean almost 5 years. So it's a really hard position to be in. :(

Well dear, then do what is best for your health. Somethings are just not meant to be. Good luck.:)
Carolly

Half sister

Post by Carolly »

I never knew the name of my father...my mother even on her death bed wouldn't tell me....I have a feeling she was trying to protect me by certain things she said about him over the years in anger.....I do know he was in the public eye...but not in the good sense.The part that really hurts though is that missing part of the jig saw......who am I.....do I look at all like my father.....have I any of his ways....what health problems did he suffer from that I could also.....BUT to know I have a family out there somewhere....thats the hardest part.Half brothers and sisters....nieces...nephews.....I would give up everthing I own just even to look at a photo of that family......the one I will never know.....
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
southern yankee

Half sister

Carolly;923124 wrote: I never knew the name of my father...my mother even on her death bed wouldn't tell me....I have a feeling she was trying to protect me by certain things she said about him over the years in anger.....I do know he was in the public eye...but not in the good sense.The part that really hurts though is that missing part of the jig saw......who am I.....do I look at all like my father.....have I any of his ways....what health problems did he suffer from that I could also.....BUT to know I have a family out there somewhere....thats the hardest part.Half brothers and sisters....nieces...nephews.....I would give up everthing I own just even to look at a photo of that family......the one I will never know.....

This happen to my hubby's half sister. Check birth records and other family members. Her father's sister and her mother were friends . that is how she found out. Dig through family records ask questions. you have the right to know. if only for health reasons. The enternet may be a big help to you. Do you know where she lived when she had you? friends from her past may be helpful. Don't give up. I hunted for a childhood friend who moved from the states to Italy. talk about difficult. i hit MANY brick walls. But when i was ready to give up I found her. Look around every possible corner. GOOD LUCK
Carolly

Half sister

Post by Carolly »

southern yankee;923223 wrote: This happen to my hubby's half sister. Check birth records and other family members. Her father's sister and her mother were friends . that is how she found out. Dig through family records ask questions. you have the right to know. if only for health reasons. The enternet may be a big help to you. Do you know where she lived when she had you? friends from her past may be helpful. Don't give up. I hunted for a childhood friend who moved from the states to Italy. talk about difficult. i hit MANY brick walls. But when i was ready to give up I found her. Look around every possible corner. GOOD LUCKTheres just no clues.....unknown father on the BC....not a living soul knew....I have no other family of such and my mother never married......also would love to get in touch with Peter......my foster b rother for the first five years of my life and also have no idea how to.....God knows where he is.....oh well....just not meant to be I guess.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
southern yankee

Half sister

Carolly;923315 wrote: Theres just no clues.....unknown father on the BC....not a living soul knew....I have no other family of such and my mother never married......also would love to get in touch with Peter......my foster b rother for the first five years of my life and also have no idea how to.....God knows where he is.....oh well....just not meant to be I guess.

I know someone who hunts for loved ones only in the states. for a hobby. i will ask him. where you should start. might be a few days until i get back to you.:)
Carolly

Half sister

Post by Carolly »

southern yankee;923325 wrote: I know someone who hunts for loved ones only in the states. for a hobby. i will ask him. where you should start. might be a few days until i get back to you.:)
Ahhhhhh thats so nice of you babe..........tar;)
shelbell

Half sister

Post by shelbell »

southern yankee;923082 wrote: Well dear, then do what is best for your health. Somethings are just not meant to be. Good luck.:)

Thanks sy, it's a thought that has had me pulled in different directions for years.:(
southern yankee

Half sister

Carolly;923332 wrote: Ahhhhhh thats so nice of you babe..........tar;)

spoke to my friend. he told me. do you know what hosp. you were born? Check it out might find some record there. then In BC is there site for childern hunting for parents. try there. Good luck. wish i had more. he said if you could just get a name.:)

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”