My Niece ws selected to the 2008 Olympic Womens Soccer Team. :)

Discuss all types of sports.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I have to share the news my Niece Rachel Buehler was selected 1 of 18 for the U.S. Womens National Soccer Team to represent our Country in the 2008 Olympics in China...

I'm so proud of her..(she is the one with both her arms in the air #26..

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

EXCELLENT!

Go her, I will now watch the US Women's soccer team and will be cheering them on from Ireland, hope she gets a goal, that would be fantastic! What an achievement, you must all be very proud! :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
minks

Post by minks »

That Is Wonderful

Congratulations
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Well done to your niece!! :-6:-6
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:):-6 Congratulations to your niece!

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

Post by spot »

I hope she has a wonderful time Carla, it's a rare opportunity. She's in the same team that won the FIFA women's world cup in 1991 and 1999?

There's an interesting paragraph at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_a ... nvolvement about why the UK doesn't participate in men or women's Olympic football, I didn't know any of that.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Your are so correct Jimbo. If we called it football here she would be playing for an NFL team. :wah::wah:

[QUOTE]congrats carla your niece will be playing football for your country

Spot your know your facts she has been playing youth soccer since she was 5. She was actually on the U-19 Womens National team that won there first FIFA CUP IN 2002. I remember taking her to games and she would insist on wearing her shin guard over her sock. She as been on all the Youth Womens National teams started on the under 16 and came up through the ranks. She is also an all American on and off the field for Stanford University. She is one speical young women who's dreams has always been to represent the US in the Olympics. It has now come true. :-4

I hope she has a wonderful time Carla, it's a rare opportunity. She's in the same team that won the FIFA women's world cup in 1991 and 1999?
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

abbey

Post by abbey »

OMG Carla, that's wonderful news. :-6
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

WOW Carla!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

That is great! You must be so proud of her, and we are so glad she is going to play for the United States at the Olympics! Yahoo!
spot

Post by spot »

spot runs up behind chonsi, shoulder-charges her to the floor, kicks the ball out from under her feet and fires it between the goalposts
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

As chonsi wipes the grass of her knees, she's ready for the next move

Lucky we were 2 up before that goal.......:)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;894602 wrote: I have to share the news my Niece Rachel Buehler was selected 1 of 18 for the U.S. Womens National Soccer Team to represent our Country in the 2008 Olympics in China...

I'm so proud of her..(she is the one with both her arms in the air #26..

That's great CARLA...

I'll definitely be watching...
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

WOW - what a opportunity for your Niece

you have every right to be proud - how cool is that..

We'll be watching - now that we have someone special to watch.

Very Cool Carla

Patsy
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Congratulations!!!!!! It is so rare that young people excel to such elite status!!! Good for this young woman in working hard to fullfill a goal. It will be something she never forgets. :-4
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Congratulations to all

That is fantastic news:-6:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Congrat's Carla!

Will be tuning in to watch! Are you or your sister going to go China to watch her play?
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Sheryl I wish I could afford to go but the prices are out of this world, way out of my budget. My Sister, her husband, my other niece, Rachel boyfriend and I think his parents are all going. I will be watching their beautiful home while they are there, and watching the game on HD wide screen TV. :D

Had she been secured a spot on the team earlier I could have afforded it. At this late day the have doubled and tripled in prices. She was just called up to the National eam at the end of December last year I think so she has been on the fast track and was told the good news yesterday. They offically announce the team tomorrow. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;895264 wrote: Sheryl I wish I could afford to go but the prices are out of this world, way out of my budget. My Sister, her husband, my other niece, Rachel boyfriend and I think his parents are all going. I will be watching their beautiful home while they are there, and watching the game on HD wide screen TV. :D

Had she been secured a spot on the team earlier I could have afforded it. At this late day the have doubled and tripled in prices. She was just called up to the National eam at the end of December last year I think so she has been on the fast track and was told the good news yesterday. They offically announce the team tomorrow. :D

For future reference you might be able to go ahead and buy the tickets and then resell them if they've ever made the mistake in not submitting her into the roster...
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Thats what we should've done KS and I would be going. Most of the tickets even months ago aren't refundable and that was $thousands on airfaire and rooms, let alone the price of tickets to see the games are in the hundreds. :-5 We just weren't sure her being such a late pull up to the WNT that she would be choosen, boy were we wrong. :D (secretly I knew she was going she is just that kinda of player). :D

[QUOTE]For future reference you might be able to go ahead and buy the tickets and then resell them if they've ever made the mistake in not submitting her into the roster...[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;895292 wrote: Thats what we should've done KS and I would be going. Most of the tickets even months ago aren't refundable and that was $thousands on airfaire and rooms, let alone the price of tickets to see the games are in the hundreds. :-5 We just weren't sure her being such a late pull up to the WNT that she would be choosen, boy were we wrong. :D (secretly I knew she was going she is just that kinda of player). :D

I understand as in refundable but you can always scalp them...:yh_shhhh...:p...:wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Enter all the Win a Trip to the Olympic contests you can, Carla. You never know.

It would be nice for you to go.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Congrads Carla. Man, that is so cool. Can't wait to watch the Olympics.:)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Thanks GSducks it will be very special Olympics for my family we are so proud of her. :-4

[QUOTE]Congrads Carla. Man, that is so cool. Can't wait to watch the Olympics.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;895534 wrote: Thanks GSducks it will be very special Olympics for my family we are so proud of her. :-4

I believe they just had the tryouts for gymnastics right here in Philly. Love that sport. When will the Olympics be shown on Tv?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Opening ceremonies start 8-8-08. I watched the gymnastics last night I love everything leading up to the Olympics and the Olympics are the best. :cool:

[QUOTE]I believe they just had the tryouts for gymnastics right here in Philly. Love that sport. When will the Olympics be shown on Tv?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;895538 wrote: Opening ceremonies start 8-8-08. I watched the gymnastics last night I love everything leading up to the Olympics and the Olympics are the best. :cool:

Nice and I know what I'll be watching at the beach. Can't wait. Thanks for letting me know. And I love the gymnastics and swimming/diving. But anyway, congrads on your neice and I will have to jot that number down. #26 right?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Carla:-4

OMG...this is fabulous for you and family. How proud you must be of your niece. Good on her:-6

I heard that tickets were sold out last year for the olympics:thinking:

Best wishes to you and family hun XX

Return to “Wide World of Sports”