Is Your Sign A Sign Of Your Driving Skills?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

I’m a Libra, and I’m a bad driver, or so the people at InsuranceHotline.com: say.

A study of 100,000 North American drivers showed that Libras are the worst

when it comes to causing accidents and racking up traffic citations.

Luckily for me i don't live in the States!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

jones jones;890980 wrote: I’m a Libra, and I’m a bad driver, or so the people at InsuranceHotline.com: say.

Now I am dying to know what the study said about Sagitarius?:mad:
G-man

Post by G-man »

jones jones;890980 wrote: I’m a Libra, and I’m a bad driver, or so the people at InsuranceHotline.com: say.

I'll agree with that based on one Libra I used to know. :wah: As far as the study goes, I'm not sure what they'd say about Pisces, but the state of Illinois said that I was safe enough that I didn't have to stand in line down at the BMV anymore. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

qsducks;890983 wrote: Now I am dying to know what the study said about Sagitarius?:mad:

doesn't mention them here ducks ... sorry!

Zodiac Signs Factor in Driving Accidents

A study by InsuranceHotline.com states that a significant factor in predicting car accidents is what star sign you were born under. It looked at 100,000 North American drivers over a six year period and came to some amazing conclusions.

Libran's followed by Aquarians are the worst offenders for tickets and accidents. Leos and then Geminis were found to be the best overall. Aries have a 'me first' attitude that can get them into trouble according to Ms Romanov.

Lee Romanov president of the web site was astounded to find that driving ability was seemingly directly influenced by astrological signs. Postcodes are less important now for quoting car insurance rates, even age is no longer a main factor, she stated.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

G-man;890993 wrote: I'll agree with that based on one Libra I used to know. :wah: As far as the study goes, I'm not sure what they'd say about Pisces, but the state of Illinois said that I was safe enough that I didn't have to stand in line down at the BMV anymore. :D

Oh yes, what does it say about Pisces too? I'm one.:p
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

And Scorpios... :driving: we're up there with the Leo and Gemini's surley!!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Betty Boop;891001 wrote: And Scorpios... :driving: we're up there with the Leo and Gemini's surley!!

Here you go ladies!

Here is a brief breakdown of each signs driving traits from worst to best:

Libra

Sept 23-Oct 22

Libra craves balance and does not like to make rash decisions. This is not a good driving characteristic, as rush hour often requires quick reactions.

Aquarius

Jan 20-Feb 18

Aquarius is almost the exact opposite of Libra. While Libras do not like to make rushed decisions, Aquarius is quite impulsive. Add to that fact that they are ruled by the planet of speed and rebellion and that just spells automobile trouble.

Aries

Mar 21-Apr 19

Aries the Ram has a “me first” nature, taking the lead before giving others the opportunity. This makes an eventual accident almost unavoidable.

Pisces

Feb 19-Mar20

Pisces is not forceful like Aries, but more of a daydreamer. Driving requires complete attention, something many Pisces cannot give it.

Scorpio

Oct 23-Nov 21

Scorpios are often perfect examples of road rage, given their instinct to seek revenge on people who wrong them. Cut them off in traffic and they may just follow you to cut you off as well.

Taurus

Apr 20-May 20

Taurus suffers an animal sign problem, just like Aries. Taurus the Bull can be bullheaded and their stubbornness may cause them to charge at a red light.

Sagittarius

Nov 22-Dec 21

Sagittarius likes to take risks. Fortunately, they are experienced at taking risks, but they also like to talk, so you may often see a Sagittarius on the phone while driving. This means they are not devoting 100% of their attention to driving.

Capricorn

Dec 22-Jan 19

Capricorns are often goal orientated. They may be more concerned about their final destination than how they get there. They may feel road rules are for the other drivers, not them.

Virgo

Aug 23-Sept 22

Virgos are very detail orientated. While they do not mind slamming on their breaks to avoid hitting something, they may not be considering the pileup it might cause behind them.

Cancer

June 21-July 22

Cancers are homebodies and even while out on the road, they may consider other drivers part of their extended family. However, they are extremely moody. They may beep without any provocation.

Gemini

May 21-June 20

Geminis are great at multi-tasking. They may be able to drive while applying makeup, changing the radio station, and drinking a coffee, but this not the optimum driving scenario.

Leo

Jul 23-Aug 22

Leos are generous and sharing on the highway, but it may be their ego that drives them to be the best drivers on the road.

Each person is an individual and these are only generalisations based on astrological signs. Of course, if you are a Libra, you may recognise from this article that an area of your driving needs work. Remember that despite what driving traits your astrological sign may give you, you have the free will to overcome them.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Betty Boop;891001 wrote: And Scorpios... :driving: we're up there with the Leo and Gemini's surley!!

Surely Scorpios top the road rage offenders list, yeah? :wah:

G-man

Post by G-man »

jones jones;891008 wrote:

Scorpio

Oct 23-Nov 21

Scorpios are often perfect examples of road rage, given their instinct to seek revenge on people who wrong them. Cut them off in traffic and they may just follow you to cut you off as well.

Yup!!! I knew it!!! :wah::wah::wah:

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

:wah::wah: Oh dear. Yes, I cuss other roadusers but only if they obviously just don't know how to drive. Other than that I'm a perfect driver :D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Now that explains the $100 dollar ticket my little Sagitarius just go.:mad:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Leo

Jul 23-Aug 22

Leos are generous and sharing on the highway, but it may be their ego that drives them to be the best drivers on the road.

Never had a ticket.....:)

I'm looking at the site, where did you find the survey JJ?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

chonsigirl;891030 wrote: Leo

Jul 23-Aug 22

god i can't remember honey ... i'll have to have another look and let you know!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:) That's all right, I'm watching the golf game, what a thriller.....

I'm easily amused on summer vacation. :-6
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

chonsigirl;891030 wrote: Leo

Jul 23-Aug 22

That's me as well. But I have gotten one ticket in my driving history...for speeding.:o

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Cancer

June 21-July 22

Cancers are homebodies and even while out on the road, they may consider other drivers part of their extended family. However, they are extremely moody. They may beep without any provocation.

I don't beep,but I do talk in the car about some drivers & some words could be "beeped":wah::p

Moody I don't think so:thinking:
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Virgo

Aug 23-Sept 22

Virgos are very detail orientated. While they do not mind slamming on their breaks to avoid hitting something, they may not be considering the pileup it might cause behind them.

OMG!!! i'm always slamming on the brakes to miss dogs and cats and squirrels or anything else that might be in the road!

i've always said that'll probably be the way i'll die, i'll swerve to miss something in the road one day and hit a tree!
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

chonsigirl;891083 wrote: :) That's all right, I'm watching the golf game, what a thriller.....

I'm easily amused on summer vacation. :-6

Between Tiger and That Rocko guy?

Who won?
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Fibonacci;891331 wrote: Between Tiger and That Rocko guy?

Who won?

Tiger won in sudden death. I was rooting for Rocko. It was an excellent golf game to watch.
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

chonsigirl;891333 wrote: Tiger won in sudden death. I was rooting for Rocko. It was an excellent golf game to watch.

Tiger won?! yes!

I caught the last 6 holes yesterday. it was pretty cool!

I lost it when Tiger made that birdie on 18. I wanted to watch today, but I had to work.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Well when I was driving my 1973 Camaro I would love to slam on the brakes and look in my rear view mirrow and see the fear on their faces, they knew they would be a heap of metal if they hit me. :driving: Now that I parked the Camaro and drive a 2005 Honda CIVIC I'm always looking in the rear view mirrow to make sure no one slams into me, as I would be the heap of metal. :p

[QUOTE]

Virgo

Aug 23-Sept 22

Virgos are very detail orientated. While they do not mind slamming on their breaks to avoid hitting something, they may not be considering the pileup it might cause behind them. [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Woohoo! I'm a Leo and I'm quite chuffed that I'm a good driver!!!

I'm currently having a career change and I'm training to be a driving instructor so perhaps I should check pupils star signs before I take them out!!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time

Return to “General Chit Chat”