To cleanse or not??

abbey

To cleanse or not??

Post by abbey »

I've been thinking for a while now about having Colonic Irrigation, just wondered if any members have ever had it & did you feel any real benefits from having it?
Lon

To cleanse or not??

Post by Lon »

abbey wrote: I've been thinking for a while now about having Colonic Irrigation, just wondered if any members have ever had it & did you feel any real benefits from having it?
All the supposed benefits of Colonic Irrigation is pure myth and has been around for centuries. Get that decaying fecal matter out and gone the supporters say, it's the cause of disease!!!!! If you would look inside your large and small intestine via video, as is possible when they do a Colonoscopy you will see a pink, clean, slick bowel. Eating foods with fibre will produce such a cleansing as that which is done by "Fleet Enemas" prior to a Colonoscopy.
weeder

To cleanse or not??

Post by weeder »

Yhere are many ways you can clean out your lower bowel yourself. As stated above the fiber is a cleanser. Also.. If you can do it fasting for a couple of days works also. Fasting gives the body a rest. Great way to jump start losing weight as well.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
abbey

To cleanse or not??

Post by abbey »

I do get quite a lot of fibre in my diet, what made me think about the treatment initially was a programme i saw on tv, someone had the treatment & they reckoned that she had undigested food in her bowel that had been their for years, how on earth did they know? :confused:
abbey

To cleanse or not??

Post by abbey »

StelZ wrote: Never had it but just gotta say 'you're brave' !

IMO things are supposed to come out of your colon, not go into it! :o
PMSL ;)
lady cop

To cleanse or not??

Post by lady cop »

abbey wrote: they reckoned that she had undigested food in her bowel that had been their for years, how on earth did they know? :confused: carbon dating? :)
Lon

To cleanse or not??

Post by Lon »

abbey wrote: I do get quite a lot of fibre in my diet, what made me think about the treatment initially was a programme i saw on tv, someone had the treatment & they reckoned that she had undigested food in her bowel that had been their for years, how on earth did they know? :confused:
The physiology of bowel function makes having undigested food remain in the bowel an impossibility.
abbey

To cleanse or not??

Post by abbey »

Lon wrote: The physiology of bowel function makes having undigested food remain in the bowel an impossibility.
Cheers me dear i did wonder about that, they'll tell you any old rubbish.....
kmhowe72

To cleanse or not??

Post by kmhowe72 »

:guitarist I heared today that they discoved a new pill, that will stop some recepter in your brian from wanting a ciggarette. i hope it's true . I am really having a hard time with quiting. especially when hubby smokes more then I do. But it's also difficult for me because we have togo out side, and we cannot smoke in the car, because of children.
kmhowe
lady cop

To cleanse or not??

Post by lady cop »

kmhowe72 wrote: :guitarist I heared today that they discoved a new pill, that will stop some recepter in your brian from wanting a ciggarette. i hope it's true . I am really having a hard time with quiting. especially when hubby smokes more then I do. But it's also difficult for me because we have togo out side, and we cannot smoke in the car, because of children. hi...did you intend to post this in the smoking thread? :)
alobar51

To cleanse or not??

Post by alobar51 »

StelZ wrote:

IMO things are supposed to come out of your colon, not go into it! :o

Generally,while there are certainly exceptions, that's an exit, not an entrance.

It's sort of like being bitten by a snake. If you're bitten and someone gives you the antidote, but you return and are bitten again, what good was the cure?

In other words, if you go right back to the behaviors that backed you up in the first place, the colonic is merely treating the symptom.

Behavioral changes are what will keep you out of future predicaments.

As for fiber, think green. High fiber cereals are the wrong kind of fiber. High gluten wheat actually causes the intestines to become clogged. The gluten in the wheat can't be digested and it ferments in the intestines.

Wall paper paste is made of gluten. Picture yourself wallpapering your intestines shut.
alobar51

To cleanse or not??

Post by alobar51 »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Is that true of oats ?I was led to believe eating porridge in the morning was good because it absorbed certain fats

Oats do contain gluten, which, as I stated, is a toxin.

Whole oats will lower overall cholesterol, but won't necessarily reduce your risk of a heart attack. Instant or five minute oatmeal will not.

To keep your blood slippery, eat a serving of fish and greens daily, and take some supplemental fish oils.

Eggs do not raise cholesterol. It's the bread many of us traditionally eat with our eggs that gets us in trouble.

The word Porridge has different meanings in different cultures. Here in the States it can mean either oats or wheat. There is a product here called Cream of Wheat, which is sometimes referred to as porridge. At least my grandmother referred to it as porridge.
pink princess

To cleanse or not??

Post by pink princess »

if only taking those sachets of stuff before a colonoscopy was the same as eating fruit and veg for a day

unfortunately the results are somewhat different!!

i dunno, i had heard the same thing about the irrigations actually being a waste of time, just eat a good diet and there should be no need for one

i think sometimes there may be more of a 'placebo' benefit than a real one
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”