I Blame Bush-- Terror Attacks Down

BTS

Post by BTS »

It's all Bush's fault.

Terror attacks are down 40% since 2001.

The Canadian Press reported this recent study:

A group of researchers from Simon Fraser University says global terrorism is on the decline, despite previous data and public perceptions that suggest otherwise.

The university's Human Security Report Project says fatalities from terrorist attacks around the world have, in fact, decreased by 40 per cent since 2001.

But... Sadly, there are those who believe that even with Saddam Hussein and the Taliban gone that America is somehow less safe today than before 9-11.

And... Total global terror attacks were down 40% late last year due to the 55% decrease in attacks in Iraq.

Reuters reported:

A study released on Wednesday reports a decline in fatal attacks of terrorism worldwide and says U.S. think-tank data showing sharp increases were distorted due to the inclusion of killings in Iraq.

"Even if the Iraq 'terrorism' data are included, there has still been a substantial decline in the global terrorism toll," said the 2007 Human Security Brief, an annual report funded by the governments of Canada, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden and Britain.

For example, global terrorism fatalities declined by 40 percent between July and September 2007, driven by a 55 percent decline in the "terrorism" death toll in Iraq after the so-called surge of new U.S. troops and a cease-fire by the Shi'ite militant Mehdi Army, the brief said.

posted by Gateway Pundit at 5/21/2008 06:01:00 PM

Zakaria: The Only Thing We Have to Fear ... | Newsweek Voices ...

Analysis: Study: terror attacks down in 07 - UPI.com

CNN.com - Worldwide terrorist attacks down in 2003 - Apr 29, 2004

Analysis: U.N. study: terror attacks down - Middle East Times

Analysis: Study: terror attacks down in 07

IslamOnline Network | Islamic News, Articles, Fatwas and Business ...

Newsmax.com - No Terror Attacks Are No Accident

Human Security Brief 2007

Why have you not heard about studies like this or the one from Simon Fraser, which was done by highly regarded scholars, released at the United Nations and widely discussed in many countries around the world—from Canada to Australia? Because it does not fit into the narrative of fear that we have all accepted far too easily.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

BTS;884032 wrote: I Blame Bush-- Terror Attacks Down

It's all Bush's fault.

Terror attacks are down 40% since 2001.

The Canadian Press reported this recent study:

A group of researchers from Simon Fraser University says global terrorism is on the decline, despite previous data and public perceptions that suggest otherwise.

The university's Human Security Report Project says fatalities from terrorist attacks around the world have, in fact, decreased by 40 per cent since 2001.

But... Sadly, there are those who believe that even with Saddam Hussein and the Taliban gone that America is somehow less safe today than before 9-11.

And... Total global terror attacks were down 40% late last year due to the 55% decrease in attacks in Iraq.

Reuters reported:

A study released on Wednesday reports a decline in fatal attacks of terrorism worldwide and says U.S. think-tank data showing sharp increases were distorted due to the inclusion of killings in Iraq.

"Even if the Iraq 'terrorism' data are included, there has still been a substantial decline in the global terrorism toll," said the 2007 Human Security Brief, an annual report funded by the governments of Canada, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden and Britain.

For example, global terrorism fatalities declined by 40 percent between July and September 2007, driven by a 55 percent decline in the "terrorism" death toll in Iraq after the so-called surge of new U.S. troops and a cease-fire by the Shi'ite militant Mehdi Army, the brief said.

posted by Gateway Pundit at 5/21/2008 06:01:00 PM

Zakaria: The Only Thing We Have to Fear ... | Newsweek Voices ...

Analysis: Study: terror attacks down in 07 - UPI.com

CNN.com - Worldwide terrorist attacks down in 2003 - Apr 29, 2004

Analysis: U.N. study: terror attacks down - Middle East Times

Analysis: Study: terror attacks down in 07

IslamOnline Network | Islamic News, Articles, Fatwas and Business ...

Newsmax.com - No Terror Attacks Are No Accident

Human Security Brief 2007

Why have you not heard about studies like this or the one from Simon Fraser, which was done by highly regarded scholars, released at the United Nations and widely discussed in many countries around the world—from Canada to Australia? Because it does not fit into the narrative of fear that we have all accepted far too easily.
You're right, BTS. Some people find a way to bitch about the best of news if it doesn't fit their paradigm.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

I looked for a picture of the general trend ... doesn't look like it's going down to me.

I've heard that 75% of all statistics are total bullsh!t. :)
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

I also ran across this.

BTS

Post by BTS »

rjwould;884066 wrote: That may be correct but in order to keep it down the U.S. will have to sustain this level of military activity on a constant order or we're f@@cked.....GET IT! Everybody, even the biggest kid in the schoolyard gets tired and runs out of gas.

You are one funny dude, BTS..:)

Yippers rjwadd

u r right (not)

are you saying, let's lay down until they hit us again?

that is what you are saying? correct?

take our marbles and go home? right?

then let your so called school yard kid(s) get fat and brave again.......right?

naw, u r WRONG, i say run that school yard "bully" off the face of the earth so my grand children and others don't have to do what my immediate family is doing now, and then we can ALL can rest in peace.
BTS

Post by BTS »

yaaarrrgg;884079 wrote: I looked for a picture of the general trend ... doesn't look like it's going down to me.

I've heard that 75% of all statistics are total bullsh!t. :)

Please do show us all, this (general) trend you speak of...........

Speakin of bull$$hit:) I have seen (not heard) that a about 75% of all posters on online forums are full of it too!!!!!!!

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

rjwould;884084 wrote: roflmmfao

Gusundheit
I AM AWESOME MAN
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Here's a graph that's interesting... excluding the number of people killed in Iraq. I suppose those Iraqi's aren't worth counting, if they get in the way of good numbers. We can exclude as many factors as we want till we get the conclusion we are looking for.

The other thing that's skewing these statistics is that the risk of getting killed in a terrorist attack is less that getting struck by lighting.

Even excluding Iraq, I'm estimating that the number of people killed by terrorism is about the same as when Bush first took office.

From: http://www.nationalinterest.org/Article.aspx?id=12358

Return to “International Politics”