Witch's Brew

Discuss alternative healing (Yoga, Reflexology) and self-help type books for the mind and thoughts for the soul.
koan

Witch's Brew

Post by koan »

I'm back in herbs again. :-6

Due to a number of moves covering many miles and a couple of continents, I had to give up my herb collection/medicine cabinet. I've finally started putting it together again now that I'm settled in one place for awhile again and I'm so happy.

The only teas I drink are therapeutic teas that I prepare from loose herbs. When I prepare them I pick the herbs from the bags with my fingers, crush seeds if necessary, simmer the bark and root herbs... all of it done intuitively as to how much, how long and which herbs.

It's a great feeling. I love my witch's brews. :D
Accountable

Witch's Brew

Post by Accountable »

I think that kind of stuff's cool. I'd like to start an herb garden. I just made my beloved a strong tea of ginger root and a touch of honey. She's feeling under the weather. One tip: when grinding the root for tea, shave the skin first. It floats. :yh_sick
Kathy Ellen

Witch's Brew

Post by Kathy Ellen »

koan;883334 wrote: I'm back in herbs again. :-6

Due to a number of moves covering many miles and a couple of continents, I had to give up my herb collection/medicine cabinet. I've finally started putting it together again now that I'm settled in one place for awhile again and I'm so happy.

The only teas I drink are therapeutic teas that I prepare from loose herbs. When I prepare them I pick the herbs from the bags with my fingers, crush seeds if necessary, simmer the bark and root herbs... all of it done intuitively as to how much, how long and which herbs.

It's a great feeling. I love my witch's brews. :D

Hi Koan:-6

You sound like Ayla in "Clan of the Cave People" one of my favorite characters and series of books.

I'm really a coffee drinker but I like an odd cup of tea especially with lemongrass. I have tummy problems because I don't eat right...going to try to correct that this summer I hope.

Starting a small herb garden today for my cooking.....basil, oregano, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, lemongrass and tarragon.....also planting some tomatoes.

Do you know some good herbs for tummy problems: that I could make into a tea-6

I know ginger is always good.....
Kathy Ellen

Witch's Brew

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Accountable;883622 wrote: I think that kind of stuff's cool. I'd like to start an herb garden. I just made my beloved a strong tea of ginger root and a touch of honey. She's feeling under the weather. One tip: when grinding the root for tea, shave the skin first. It floats. :yh_sick

That sounds good Accountable....do you use a mortar and pestle to grind the roots?
Accountable

Witch's Brew

Post by Accountable »

Kathy Ellen;883642 wrote: That sounds good Accountable....do you use a mortar and pestle to grind the roots?
We have this weird metal plate with tiny teeth that's probably been in her family forever. :D Really effective, though. Just scrub the root on the teeth it till it's a bunch of mush. We use it almost every day for ginger, daikon radish, garlic, you name it.
Kathy Ellen

Witch's Brew

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Accountable;883650 wrote: We have this weird metal plate with tiny teeth that's probably been in her family forever. :D Really effective, though. Just scrub the root on the teeth it till it's a bunch of mush. We use it almost every day for ginger, daikon radish, garlic, you name it.

Sounds good A...thanks
koan

Witch's Brew

Post by koan »

Kathy Ellen;883640 wrote:

Do you know some good herbs for tummy problems: that I could make into a tea-6

I know ginger is always good.....

Fennel is really good, lightly crush the seeds before steeping. You can also chew on them. I'd use fennel and a little thyme and add nettle to support the whole system as well.

It's summer, eat lots of papaya and make sure to chew all your food thoroughly. :)
Accountable

Witch's Brew

Post by Accountable »

Sorry, it's a grater, not a grinder. So sue me. :o

Return to “Body, Mind, Soul”