In Good Shape

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

In Good Shape

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

:-2:-2

I am 64 years old and in pretty good shape, I work out in a gym five or six days a week including fast walking and jogging two miles, I lift weights, climb stairs and do all the cool stuff the health gurus’ talk about.

So how come I went to bed last night at 8:00 with my three year old grandson?

The reason I went to bed at 8:00 IS, my three year old grandson. His mommy is in the hospital picking up his new brother so grandma and grandpa are taking care of him until mommy comes home. This is no chore mind you, but something we have dreamed of since his father was three, but now I wonder why I spend all that time in the gym when all I have to do is take care of a grandchild or two.

I ache from head to toe, front to back, I was so tired at the end of the day I skipped dinner. Now as if one little one is not sufficient, for part of the day there were two and the other, while only 16 months, is a girl, enough said. Her mother left her with us while they made a visit to the hospital; the odds were considerably reduced now that it was no longer two to one but two grandparents and two grandchildren. We have moved from a daily workout at the local gym to Olympic training and have added a few new events.

Things had pretty much settled down with my grandson watching a DVD and me, well I was watching the Choo Choo movie as well, I have it memorized. Then I notice out of the corner of my eye a small object moving at lightening speed coming around the corner of the couch, heading for the coffee table and circling as if coming in for a landing. The 16 month old had escaped the diaper changing and without bothering to put on any clothes was off and running… a hundred yard dash at 8:00 at night, not on my training schedule, but like I said, she’s a girl.

They don’t stop moving and asking to be picked up, or to sit on the couch or get down from the couch or to eat, or to eat, or to eat. I have calculated that you can burn 1,014 calories by lifting a cup of milk up two thousand times in five minutes. A half hour on the elliptical machine has nothing on this.

We asked for this, prayed for this? Yes indeed, and if you are going to die of exhaustion this is the way to go. What do we do when it is three to two odds or four or more? I’m heading to the gym to relax. :cool:

quinnscommentary.com
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
chonsigirl

In Good Shape

Post by chonsigirl »

Ha, kids will always do it to you. I wear a pedometer around school, I walk about 5 miles a day around the classroom and in the halls.
Nomad

In Good Shape

Post by Nomad »

Not a bad way to wear yourself out though.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Tigerlily

In Good Shape

Post by Tigerlily »

Sounds like you are having a jolly good time!:)

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”