gmc

John McCain: Oil is Only Reason for U.S. Wars in Middle East

Post by gmc »

Well well well.

True or false.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Scrat;857533 wrote: It's common knowledge amongst most Americans GMC. Just that some don't care and prefer others to die for their self serving and greedy little ways, it is after all their purpose in life whichever you hold up.

The rest of America is simply largely ambivilant or somehow find it worthy entertainment on the news at night.

It's the first time I've seen a senior politician come out and actually say it. Maybe he got careless and said what he really thought. Came across it by accident-the only american news I have ready access to is CNN sometimes it's useful to switch across and get a slightly different perspective from UK media. Does anyone really believe it's not about oil? I wonder sometimes cos yo kind of get the impression many have bought in to this evangelical clash of civilisation my god is better than you god even if it is the same one gird my loins with the sword of righteousness myth that seems to prevail at the moment.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

And who has benefited from this war for oil???

The only winners are the oil companies who are recording record level profits while the rest of the world is paying outrageous prices at the pumps.

To think that this is what people have sacrificed their lives for.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

gmc;857627 wrote: It's the first time I've seen a senior politician come out and actually say it. Maybe he got careless and said what he really thought. Came across it by accident-the only american news I have ready access to is CNN sometimes it's useful to switch across and get a slightly different perspective from UK media. Does anyone really believe it's not about oil? I wonder sometimes cos yo kind of get the impression many have bought in to this evangelical clash of civilisation my god is better than you god even if it is the same one gird my loins with the sword of righteousness myth that seems to prevail at the moment.
I think the confusion comes because it is both. It's about oil for us; it's about infidels trying to take over for them. The oil lies under their holy land. If it were only religious we'd have left long ago.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Accountable;857663 wrote: I think the confusion comes because it is both. It's about oil for us; it's about infidels trying to take over for them. The oil lies under their holy land. If it were only religious we'd have left long ago.

Not entirely. When you have a situation where political dissent is prevented the extremes tend to get a foothold and then a good grip -either political as in russia or religious as in the middle east. The keeping the infidels out arises because the west has been pulling strings to get at the oil religious extremes rise because political freedoms are suppressed. Democracy is seen as not working because, to some extent, it was nipped in the bud in the middle east and puppet regimes helped to power. in iran, iraq, saudi arabia. The extremists get a hold when all else seems to be failing. In Iraq nobody wants a puppet regime for the US. IMO unless the US and UK pull out completely the conflict will go on and on and on. Would you tolerate foreign troops in america? No matter what you thought you would give tacit support to anyone fighting them especially of they get more and more hevy handed in response. It's the same in Pakistan, the more the regime is seen as a creature of the west the more opposition there will be. with no elections and no chance of change the extreme alternative becomes more attractive.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

gmc;857210 wrote: Well well well.

True or false.

I can believe it. We are, after-all, listening to a Vietnam vet and p.o.w., whose war was about oil. I believe he means it the way we hear it in the clip.:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

gmc

Post by gmc »

Stumbled across this old article

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine ... e_continue

On 11 September, while Al-Qaeda's planes slammed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the Carlyle Group hosted a conference at a Washington hotel. Among the guests of honour was a valued investor: Shafig bin Laden, brother to Osama.

I didn't know that. How come no one pointed it out? You'd think he'd be first or he lynch mob whenthey couldn't get hid brother. Follow the money, as they say.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

gmc;857798 wrote: Not entirely. When you have a situation where political dissent is prevented the extremes tend to get a foothold and then a good grip -either political as in russia or religious as in the middle east. The keeping the infidels out arises because the west has been pulling strings to get at the oil religious extremes rise because political freedoms are suppressed. Democracy is seen as not working because, to some extent, it was nipped in the bud in the middle east and puppet regimes helped to power. in iran, iraq, saudi arabia. The extremists get a hold when all else seems to be failing. In Iraq nobody wants a puppet regime for the US. IMO unless the US and UK pull out completely the conflict will go on and on and on. Would you tolerate foreign troops in america? No matter what you thought you would give tacit support to anyone fighting them especially of they get more and more hevy handed in response. It's the same in Pakistan, the more the regime is seen as a creature of the west the more opposition there will be. with no elections and no chance of change the extreme alternative becomes more attractive.
We would never allow a foreign military to set up a base here. It's always been beyond me why other nations allow us to do so. Sure, after WWII, several countries didn't have much choice, but since the end of the cold war, I don't see a reason that the people of a sovreign nation would tolerate it.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

gmc;858497 wrote: Stumbled across this old article

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine ... e_continue

I didn't know that. How come no one pointed it out? You'd think he'd be first or he lynch mob whenthey couldn't get hid brother. Follow the money, as they say.
He had over 100 brothers, if I remember right. Osama was on the outs with most of his family.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Accountable;858580 wrote: He had over 100 brothers, if I remember right. Osama was on the outs with most of his family.

Different mothers I assume. Shows my ignorance I thought they didn't have harems any more.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

gmc;858736 wrote: Different mothers I assume. Shows my ignorance I thought they didn't have harems any more.
I researched it at work & found a wiki entry. 50+ brothers. His family disowned him.

eta: Harems? You don't think Mormons have cornered the market on polygamy, do you? ;)
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

mikeinie;857632 wrote: And who has benefited from this war for oil???

The only winners are the oil companies who are recording record level profits while the rest of the world is paying outrageous prices at the pumps.

To think that this is what people have sacrificed their lives for.

I think they ought to be forced to share those profits with the families of those who have been effected by the Iraq war as some kind of compensation for all the bullshit that been shot out of the white house as to why we needed to go in,,

Everything has always since the beginning of time been about money,, I believe every issue brought up is used to disguise the issues,, and hide their positions on the amount of the pie that is shared with regular everyday working people,,

These are the people that carry the load that is America,, yet we are being conned into accepting much less than what working people deserve,, anywhere,, doing anything,, for someone who couldn't get it done without us...

{QUOTEScrat}Ya gotta watch your nuts because somebody is always trying to rip them off.

Politicians are like baby diapers. Sooner rather than later they have to be changed for the same reason. {/QUOTE}

"Watch" is the keyword in this statement,, Americans are a trusting people,, to a fault I think sometimes,,, I see politicians shaking hands with labor and winking at corporation all the time,, The Pie,,,,,,,,,has always been the reason for everything..

Even this "war on terror" fear generated strategy,, will be looked at in the future as a basis for certain people of this world to make money....

Imagine a picture of a Billionaire driving through town in his limo,,,admiring the veterans standing tall on the street,,,whose service is the reason he enjoys such luxury,,,and were lucky enough to make back home,, and admiring the brave soldier as he's taking bites off a sandwich he just pulled out of a dumpster,, because he's free and hungry! Can I get some fries with that,,SIR!!!

Pay Attention!
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by drj

Imagine a picture of a Billionaire driving through town in his limo,,,admiring the veterans standing tall on the street,,,whose service is the reason he enjoys such luxury,,,and were lucky enough to make back home,, and admiring the brave soldier as he's taking bites off a sandwich he just pulled out of a dumpster,, because he's free and hungry! Can I get some fries with that,,SIR!!!

Don't forget the good lord made them all-the rich man in his limo and the poor man in the street. It's a miracle they survived and if they were meant to be rich as well god would have arranged it, pass round the charity box.

posted by accountable

We would never allow a foreign military to set up a base here. It's always been beyond me why other nations allow us to do so. Sure, after WWII, several countries didn't have much choice, but since the end of the cold war, I don't see a reason that the people of a sovreign nation would tolerate it.

To many-not least in your government the cold war isn't over. Now if they place missiles along the russian border and the russians start re-arming object that still proves they are a threat. Be interesting to see the reaction if the iraqis government ask the americans to leave and shut down the bases. Do you think they would go?

How about Okinawa? Guantanimo Bay? I'm fairly sure the cubans would be happy if you left. Is what you took by conquest really yours?. Interesting question, actually it look like the number of foreign bases is if anything set to grow. Maybe it's a debate americans need to have-what do they want the military do and how do they want them to do it. Do you really want to be the world's policemen and how much are you willing to spend to do it.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

gmc;857627 wrote: It's the first time I've seen a senior politician come out and actually say it. Maybe he got careless and said what he really thought. Came across it by accident-the only american news I have ready access to is CNN sometimes it's useful to switch across and get a slightly different perspective from UK media. Does anyone really believe it's not about oil? I wonder sometimes cos yo kind of get the impression many have bought in to this evangelical clash of civilisation my god is better than you god even if it is the same one gird my loins with the sword of righteousness myth that seems to prevail at the moment.

Perhaps another tactical move in realizing that alot of Americans aren't stupid which may give him some credibility as far as integrity is concerned...
gmc

Post by gmc »

K.Snyder;880516 wrote: Perhaps another tactical move in realizing that alot of Americans aren't stupid which may give him some credibility as far as integrity is concerned...

No comment, absolutely no comment of any kind even with an opening like that I won't make any jokes I promise to be good:lips:
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

gmc;862740 wrote: posted by drj

Don't forget the good lord made them all-the rich man in his limo and the poor man in the street. It's a miracle they survived and if they were meant to be rich as well god would have arranged it, pass round the charity box.

Your right God did it,,, so the rich man have been blessed,,, and should be thankful,, and use the influence riches bring,,, to help all not as fortunate,, like how Doctors and Lawyers in America lookout for the poor in America,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT!!!!!!!!!!! Its Nothing short of sinful,, if you ask me!!

Although that broad brush stroke is not for all,, either..

I wonder if God expects anything less,, ya think?

Who knows,,,I feel so insignificant when I even come close to thinking I might have a clue as to what "GOD" truly is....

My best guess so far,, has been we are "GOD" on earth split in many many small pieces,, and there is no one perspective that can even come close to imagining what the whole picture really is...

But,,,,,,,,,after saying that,,,:yh_think

If I were God,, and could choose only so many,, for worldly riches,, I would expect all I choose to look out for those I left out,, and my thoughts would be only on those I couldn't give the same comfort,,, and I might be a little disappointed if those I chose,,,, didn't at least feel somewhat the same...

I truly believe most are with me,, on this,, but sometimes I see the bad times in a cold world as unnessasary and with fault,,,, paint with the same broad brush I condemn others for using,, forgive me father!

This brings me to the theory of "we",,,"us" being "GOD" and possibly involved in the planning of certain conditions we choose,,rather than find before coming to earth, Rich/poor/region/race/voting block/ family/religion/mental state/ soulmates,

That last one especially because only I could have known what I needed the most when it come to pleasure and pain,,lessons learned and whatnot,,:yh_youkid

The pre planning for a lifetime on earth,,,,,What a concept!

It would explain why we suffer so,,as injustice would be more understood,,

we choose to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to learn,,,no pain no gain,,,and all rules are Golden:-6

What a rant! :yh_ttth

Stumbled across this old article

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magaz...ticle_continue

:

On 11 September, while Al-Qaeda's planes slammed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the Carlyle Group hosted a conference at a Washington hotel. Among the guests of honour was a valued investor: Shafig bin Laden, brother to Osama.

I didn't know that. How come no one pointed it out? You'd think he'd be first or he lynch mob whenthey couldn't get hid brother. Follow the money, as they say

Bush ties are so obvious,, and after the last 7 years of witnessing a war for profit type administration,, well I dont know..

I know I don't feel guilty for the shoplifting I used to do when I was young..

In fact I believe if you can get away with it,, it must be oooookkkkkk!:sneaky:

All I'm saying is it just doesn't look good at all,, and the fact America don't seem to like talking about it,, makes me wonder why we talk or worry about anything when it comes to anything that has happened in our America...

"Shock and awe" works on all countries is my best guest!

We do though,, and it just seems strange that wasn't brought up in media,,,to me anyway,, I will never understand why they destroyed the building materials,, so fast,,, strange indeed..

I know this for a fact,, the 2 planes/three perfect implosions,,in NEW YORK has got to be a definite head smack for the CEO's of all those demolition companies...

I mean after all that money they spend on explosives,, not to mention the labor costs for installing such explosives,, and then seeing three of the most impressive demolitions created by simply flying a couple of old 747s into a window of the building,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well,, ya think they learned anything?

WHO NEEDS ENGINEERS?

Just use the planes that can't afford gas to fly anymore!

I know,,I know,, it was just two of the most luckiest hits in the history of hits of all kinds,,,Right?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RIGHT? ,,,,,,,,,,,RIGHT? Well of course!:-2
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I'm always amazed at people who actually believe such a thing is feasible not taking up arms against such dispicable people, rather than just complaining.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;882551 wrote: I'm always amazed at people who actually believe such a thing is feasible not taking up arms against such dispicable people, rather than just complaining.

Don't start the revolution without me!!!!:yh_rotfl

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:yh_flag,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just theories,,, there are many,,, I work on skyscrapers,,,its just funny,,when you see what goes into the construction of these Modern Marvels,,, and see them downed so easily..

Research,,,discover a world,,,,within a world!

www.loosechange.com

Ground Zero Silver

As seen on TV. Limited Edition. WTC Silver clad Proof.

www.wtcproof.com

Voices of September 11th

9/11 Group Providing Resources, Support & Public Policy Reform

www.voicesofsept11.org

9/11 Press for Truth

Support the researchers and buy DVD directly from Cooperative Research

www.cooperativeresearch.org/

The Coming World War

Find Out What Nostradamus Says About The Years 2008 - 2012.

www.NostradamusOnline.com

Loose Change Download

Get your copy of the powerful Loose Change DVD for free download here!

www.Question911.com
BTS

Post by BTS »

DrJ;862563 wrote: I think they ought to be forced to share those profits with the families of those who have been effected by the Iraq war as some kind of compensation for all the bullshit that been shot out of the white house as to why we needed to go in,,

So why not the enviros TOO..................BE......"forced to share those profits with the families of those who have been effected by the" ENVIRO WACKO AGENDA!!!!!!!!

And why we can not drill for OUR OWN oil with out going to war for it????????????

READ this...........................

The Great Oil Deception

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/envi ... rgy/1.html
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;882553 wrote: Don't start the revolution without me!!!!:yh_rotfl
I wasn't joking. I can't imagine passively living under such a murderous tyrant as you apparently believe you do. I would think that cowardly.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Scrat;857533 wrote: It's common knowledge amongst most Americans GMC. Just that some don't care and prefer others to die for their self serving and greedy little ways, it is after all their purpose in life whichever you hold up.

The rest of America is simply largely ambivilant or somehow find it worthy entertainment on the news at night.

Bullshit.

Perhaps some do not care yes.

Your implication that soldiers go to war to fight for oil is absurd and glib.

Young men and women that enlist do so with heart and honor and the desire to serve the cause that makes them proud.

You jack ass !

Come stand with me in an arena surrounded by 60,000 other Americans as the National Anthem is sung with sober dignity and fighter jets fly overhead symbolizing freedom. I can guarantee you you will experience something other than ambivalence.

You think we get off on body bags ?

You think we all sit around watching cartoons and drooling on ourselves ?

Whats wrong with your mind ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

BTS;882623 wrote: So why not the enviros TOO..................BE......"forced to share those profits with the families of those who have been effected by the" ENVIRO WACKO AGENDA!!!!!!!!

And why we can not drill for OUR OWN oil with out going to war for it????????????

READ this...........................

The Great Oil Deception

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/envi ... rgy/1.html

You just might have an argument there,,, but lets put this into context my radical partner in crime,,,,

HOW MANY HAVE SACRIFICED FOR THIS ISSUE?

How many sons/daughters/fathers/mothers/brothers/sisters have paid for this quest with their lifetime?

Are we even in the same "harms way" ballpark?

I rule nothing out,, papercuts/broken fingernails,,,anything!

Explain the comparisons;

DrJ wrote:

Originally Posted by DrJ

Don't start the revolution without me!!!!
acc wrote:

I wasn't joking. I can't imagine passively living under such a murderous tyrant as you apparently believe you do. I would think that cowardly.

Its also then,,,"cowardly" to live amongst rapists, pedifiles, thieves,, and con artists,, as well,,, and I'm only talking about the ones that haven't been caught,,,

YET!!!

scrat wrote:

Originally Posted by Scrat

It's common knowledge amongst most Americans GMC. Just that some don't care and prefer others to die for their self serving and greedy little ways, it is after all their purpose in life whichever you hold up.

nomad wrote:

Bullshit.

Young men and women that enlist do so with heart and honor and the desire to serve the cause that makes them proud.

You jack ass !

Come stand with me in an arena surrounded by 60,000 other Americans as the National Anthem is sung with sober dignity and fighter jets fly overhead symbolizing freedom. I can guarantee you you will experience something other than ambivalence.

You think we get off on body bags ?

You think we all sit around watching cartoons and drooling on ourselves ?

Whats wrong with your mind ?

PATRIOTISM?

Is that where you take this conversation?

Who in here is talking about soldiers?

We are talking about the money,,, and who profits,, not who pays...

Get a grip,,,,,,,,policies have nothing to do with the working class!

Take your clouds back where you got them---THE WHITE HOUSE!:-5

Anybody who takes the conversation to this spot has given up on truth!

BOTTOMLINE!~

Stand in an arena? Watch the jets?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;884255 wrote: Its also then,,,"cowardly" to live amongst rapists, pedifiles, thieves,, and con artists,, as well,,, and I'm only talking about the ones that haven't been caught,,,

YET!!!
I don't see the connection. we actively pursue and prosecute rapists, pedophiles, thieves and con artists. That has nothing to do with living under or overthrowing a tyrannical government.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;884273 wrote: I don't see the connection. we actively pursue and prosecute rapists, pedophiles, thieves and con artists. That has nothing to do with living under or overthrowing a tyrannical government.

They aren't considered such labels until proven guilty!

rapists/thieves/con artists,,

GREEDY POLITICIANS WORKING FOR SELF INTEREST ONLY!:sneaky:
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;884276 wrote: They aren't considered such labels until proven guilty!

rapists/thieves/con artists,,

GREEDY POLITICIANS WORKING FOR SELF INTEREST ONLY!:sneaky:
Calling politicians con artists & thieves is nothing new. It's their stock in trade. But rapist? Pedophiles??

Political con artistry and theft are figures of speech rather than the actual breaking of laws, unless you know something law enforcement don't. If so, you should report them. It still doesn't rise to the level of crime you're accusing regarding 9/11.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

DrJ;884255 wrote: You just might have an argument there,,, but lets put this into context my radical partner in crime,,,,

HOW MANY HAVE SACRIFICED FOR THIS ISSUE?

How many sons/daughters/fathers/mothers/brothers/sisters have paid for this quest with their lifetime?

Are we even in the same "harms way" ballpark?

I rule nothing out,, papercuts/broken fingernails,,,anything!

Explain the comparisons;

Its also then,,,"cowardly" to live amongst rapists, pedifiles, thieves,, and con artists,, as well,,, and I'm only talking about the ones that haven't been caught,,,

YET!!!

PATRIOTISM?

Is that where you take this conversation?

Who in here is talking about soldiers?

We are talking about the money,,, and who profits,, not who pays...

Get a grip,,,,,,,,policies have nothing to do with the working class!

Take your clouds back where you got them---THE WHITE HOUSE!:-5

Anybody who takes the conversation to this spot has given up on truth!

BOTTOMLINE!~

Stand in an arena? Watch the jets?

A bitter angry hostile cynic. Refreshing ! :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

DrJ wrote:

GREEDY POLITICIANS WORKING FOR SELF INTEREST ONLY!
Acc wrote:

Calling politicians con artists & thieves is nothing new. It's their stock in trade. But rapist? Pedophiles??

Political con artistry and theft are figures of speech rather than the actual breaking of laws, unless you know something law enforcement don't. If so, you should report them. It still doesn't rise to the level of crime you're accusing regarding 9/11.

I was merely refering to your accusation of cowardice for someone to believe something might be up in the 9/11 truths about our political leaders, that haven't as yet been proven, or ever will be,, but still has the possibility of..etc etc etc...

My perspective begins with my job,,, these mega structures are built to last,, the twin towers were built with the "plane crash" scenario in mind,, being so tall,, you see,, those thoughts were involved with the equations of construction engineers....

The fact that two planes filled with fuel knocked down two skyscrapers and a nearby 10 story building is not even close to being fact,, when you stick to the numbers,,, and the numbers cannot lie...2+2=4

The fact the third building housed the FBI,,CIA as well as a bunker for the Mayor Guiliani-- is nothing short of interesting

oil,,,,pipelines in afghanistan,, Saddam; Disgruntled employee of America,,

Bush 1;Head of CIA,,,VP,,,P=friends in high/low places- Carlisle group board member along with members of Bin Ladan family.

son of Bush 1; Head of security in twin towers pre 9/11

son of Bush 1; Governor of Florida- pre 9/11 martial law-a mistake, I believe.

son of Bush 1; President,, head of American military...

All these facts are ignored in any conversation,, and every investigative questions asked now,, like building materials from such sites are bit off as understandable mistakes from the "shock and Awe"of the moment...

Sweet thing to many who could have,, might have,, had a role in becoming very rich through war(s) involving the middle east and oil rich Iraq,, nation building to gain business advantages for friends--Saudi,,England,,Isreal-all possible investors in such possibilities.

I cannot prove anything,,, but when I spot something questionable in truths about something as big as 9/11,, I tend to look for reasons why a lie would be added to any story,, personnally I don't believe our president has the capacity to have any role what-so-ever in something so diaboliquely complex as 9/11,, except to react in the appropiate way---WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we got proof we were lied to about the threat of Iraq by this administration,

to cement a decision for a war with a country not involved with 9/11..

I think we all have a right to know!

I believe we all have the right to be interested,, especially when its ours that are the pawns in this very complex thing we call--The American Foriegn Policy

Nomad;885660 wrote: A bitter angry hostile cynic. Refreshing ! :-6

Eloquently Defined,,,,,,,,TY:yh_silly

Yes,,,I'm not popular,,in political thanksgiving/christmas conversation,,:yh_eyebro

They explain me,, by some story about being dropped,, somewhere etc etc

My whole family is "right wing" rah rah,,, but they don't pay attention to any thing the politicians do after elected,, they are basically one,,two issue voters,, at best, and blindly trust the agendas of these politicians...

I was the same way,, until 9/11..

Now I examine all talking points dished to media of all kinds,,

it's led me here,,

We have been taken advantage of,,,,,,,, by politicians in general..

I believe since I see this,, as clear as I do,, I sometimes don't understand when others don't seem to notice anything funny about our situation here in America,,

and how agendas can be so selfish,, and no one even notice..:-6

I have learned to respect all perspectives,, since I am not so far from any tree..
Snidely Whiplash

Post by Snidely Whiplash »

WAR FOR OIL..?

You all don't like that concept I take it.......??? :wah:

In Britain petro has gone to $9.50 a gallon, and lorie (truck) drivers are not even able to deliver your food to market...........???

And here, gasoline is at $4-5.00 a gallon, and food prices as well as everything else is begining to cripple us, as it is in much of Europe....

So what "should" we go to war for, if not for our food supply and energy supply..??

What will be more important to YOU and YOUR FAMILY this winter when it;s freezing outside, and you don't know if you will be able to buy heating iol or gas..???

What more important reason to go to war than to keep YOUR FAMILY warm and heathy this winter, as some will surely not be because of all this.........???????
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Snidely Whiplash;885794 wrote: WAR FOR OIL..?

You all don't like that concept I take it.......??? :wah:

In Britain petro has gone to $9.50 a gallon, and lorie (truck) drivers are not even able to deliver your food to market...........???

And here, gasoline is at $4-5.00 a gallon, and food prices as well as everything else is begining to cripple us, as it is in much of Europe....

So what "should" we go to war for, if not for our food supply and energy supply..??

What will be more important to YOU and YOUR FAMILY this winter when it;s freezing outside, and you don't know if you will be able to buy heating iol or gas..???

What more important reason to go to war than to keep YOUR FAMILY warm and heathy this winter, as some will surely not be because of all this.........???????

I don't know,, but the war seems to have brought the new prices,,, seems to me so far,, maybe it would have happen anyway,, who knows...

I just would have rather been told the truth,,,, lets go take over countries so we can eat and be comfortable,, kill em all eh?

MORE FOR US!
Snidely Whiplash

DrJ;885799 wrote: I don't know,, but the war seems to have brought the new prices,,,

Not at all.... The price increases are due to the lower value of the dollar, andbecause of more demand for oil, China and India in particular have oil consuming economy's that are growing at monumental rates right now... The facts are that when demand for oil goes up, the people selling it raise the prices, to make more money..... If it were your business, you would do the same, thats the way it works in the business world..... It has nothing to do with Bush or the war against Islamic extremists, LOL, and if this is Bush's war for oil, then where's the oil...??? hahaha... Thats crazy....

DrJ;885799 wrote:

I just would have rather been told the truth,,,, lets go take over countries so we can eat and be comfortable,, kill em all eh?

MORE FOR US!

There is no war for oil...? If I refered to that it was sarcasm, just because it's such a ridiculis notion...?

If we took over a country for it's oil, like Iraq, then why do Iraqi's pay $1.00 more or less a gallon at the pump, and we pay $4.00...????

There is no war for oil...???? If you want lower gas prices, arrest and jail the enviro-wacko's, and lets drill here at home, build some refineries and nuclear plants for electric, and we won't have to go anywhere else for our energy, we will be self sufficient.............

The answer is so simple a baby can see it..... But not a liberal......? Reason #88 why liberalism is a mental disorder...... :wah:
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Snidely Whiplash;886481 wrote: Not at all.... The price increases are due to the lower value of the dollar, andbecause of more demand for oil, China and India in particular have oil consuming economy's that are growing at monumental rates right now... The facts are that when demand for oil goes up, the people selling it raise the prices, to make more money..... If it were your business, you would do the same, thats the way it works in the business world..... It has nothing to do with Bush or the war against Islamic extremists, LOL, and if this is Bush's war for oil, then where's the oil...??? hahaha... Thats crazy....

I recognize the talking points against the windfall tax on the profits of oil companies,, as to your comment about where the oil is or isn't,, well I have to admit,,I don't know,, because this subject has been kept under the radar,, I suspect on purpose,, but that's just me...

You don't think we have been told everything about it,,do you?

There is a lot of money made by companies in the production phases of removing oil from the earth,, and before this war,, there were certain companies forbidden from even bidding on such contracts,, American and Arabian companies in perticular,, but now all that has been reversed,, Ty Bush/Cheney...

These plans were in process long before the republicans took office,, these oil men of the republican party knew long before 9/11,, of what it would take to get this agenda going.. I believe..

I mean,, I learned of plans to build pipelines across Afghanistan during the Clinton administration,,, this was part of the disappointments of those involved in the first Gulf war,, when it was decided by Bush 1 to pull out of Iraq,, instead of going on up to Bagdad,, as Bush 1 was smart enough to quit while he was ahead, and still popular for stopping Saddams quest for Kuwait's riches...

Maybe the main reason for the more simple minded Bush Jr.:-3:wah:

snidely whip wrote:

There is no war for oil...? If I refered to that it was sarcasm, just because it's such a ridiculis notion...?

If we took over a country for it's oil, like Iraq, then why do Iraqi's pay $1.00 more or less a gallon at the pump, and we pay $4.00...????

:wah:Don't tell me you believe everything that comes from the mouth of the politicians...

Conning the American voter is the easiest thing politicians do in a day!

Especially the far sides of both ends,,,,:-2

Sounds like you have bought in to it ,, hook line and stinker..

Don't feel bad,,, many Americans have been taken advantage of,, in a political way..

It's been this way since the beginning of time,,, what's the chance,, ya think,, your not just another victim in the great American Republican New World Order con of the century?

SW wrote:

There is no war for oil...???? If you want lower gas prices, arrest and jail the enviro-wacko's, and lets drill here at home, build some refineries and nuclear plants for electric, and we won't have to go anywhere else for our energy, we will be self sufficient.............

The answer is so simple a baby can see it..... But not a liberal......? Reason #88 why liberalism is a mental disorder...... :wah:

Labeling is merely a pattern for those not interested in finding truth,,

but still need to feel like they may possibly understand why they vote the way they do,,,,comprende?

Even a right wing retart knows this!:yh_rotfl
Snidely Whiplash

DrJ;886521 wrote: I recognize the talking points against the windfall tax on the profits of oil companies,, as to your comment about where the oil is or isn't,, well I have to admit,,I don't know,, because this subject has been kept under the radar,, I suspect on purpose,, but that's just me...

You don't think we have been told everything about it,,do you?

Are you in a closed care facility or a mental institution...?? What are you talking about...? "Kept under what radar"...??

Theres this thing called "Google"..........

#1 of a thousand ten fold............ http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/nex ... 2.13s.html

DrJ;886521 wrote:

There is a lot of money made by companies in the production phases of removing oil from the earth,, and before this war,, there were certain companies forbidden from even bidding on such contracts,, American and Arabian companies in perticular,, but now all that has been reversed,, Ty Bush/Cheney...

What companies, and where have Bush / Cheney made a bundle form it...? Where have Bush / Cheney made money from anything...??? Next you'll shout out "Bush lied.. People died, and give us a Howard Dean animal roar...." LOL... Rubish...!!!

DrJ;886521 wrote: Labeling is merely a pattern for those not interested in finding truth,,

but still need to feel like they may possibly understand why they vote the way they do,,,,comprende?

Even a right wing retart knows this!:yh_rotfl

What is your version of the truth "amigo"...? I don't "comprende"..?

Any inteligent economist will tell you that oil prices are due to the value of the American dollar, and the supply and demand, and due to what prices are being charged by those selling the oil due to the world wide need for it.... Putting Bush /Cheney into the mix and blaming them only shows your ignorance and lack of seeing whats going on world wide with energy....

Explain your points further..? :)
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Snidely Whiplash;887223 wrote: Are you in a closed care facility or a mental institution...?? What are you talking about...? "Kept under what radar"...??

Theres this thing called "Google"..........

#1 of a thousand ten fold............ http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/nex ... 2.13s.html

:yh_rotfl:yh_money:yh_rotfl

Not bad for a retart,,,eh?

Ty for the stock tips,,,,,but where is that Iraqi oil again?

sw wrote:

What companies, and where have Bush / Cheney made a bundle form it...? Where have Bush / Cheney made money from anything...??? Next you'll shout out "Bush lied.. People died, and give us a Howard Dean animal roar...." LOL... Rubish...!!!

Cheney and Co. are old pros,, c'mon,,,

Tell me,, you don't see how getting this 30 yr old agenda advanced could possibly help feed the the self interest of all involved,, Right and Left alike..

I know,, I know,, their just in it for the good of the country...

Howard Dean animal roar?:yh_hypno

snidely wrote:

What is your version of the truth "amigo"...? I don't "comprende"..?

Any inteligent economist will tell you that oil prices are due to the value of the American dollar, and the supply and demand, and due to what prices are being charged by those selling the oil due to the world wide need for it.... Putting Bush /Cheney into the mix and blaming them only shows your ignorance and lack of seeing whats going on world wide with energy....

Explain your points further..? :)

Did I actually blame them solely? I didn't mean to,,

Personnally,, I respect the genius of involving the military in the pursuit of riches in other countries without actually saying such... (trying to stay on subject)

I believe the "war on terror" is a front for such pursuits..

The truth will come to light in the next couple years as we sort out the who,,whys when and wheres,,, the money trail will lead us to a lot of it..

The fact that I place B/C in the mix only reveals where buck stops in this country.

There just doing their jobs,, sometimes their priorities have shown up as something ugly,, and obviously unfeeling,, but getting that agenda thru in what little time they had made it difficult to concentrate on anything else,,

New World Order is a heavy load,,, a modern marvel which takes time to rig,, and then move thru the many many hills and valleys it must go thru to mature into a foreseeable reality.....:-6

Your focus will come,,,

Why did America invade Iraq?,,,,,,,,,,,,Twice?

I still wonder why Saddam decided to take Kuwait,, after almost being defeated by Iran in a war that was a major disappointment tothe leaders of America at the time,,,Rumsfeld and Cheney being major players in that administration as well..

Pull back from the right wing,, just for a day,,, take a journey back thru the past and you too may understand the whys and whynots of today as well.

America doesn't do anything over seas that doesn't include profits...
Snidely Whiplash

Profits are always included into every venture..... Not just from a world prospective, but from "you're" prospective, as well as mine when I make important decisions about the future......... Why would the decisions made by any country not include the same...?

Where is the Iraqi oil...? Thats what I asked you if this was a "war for oil", there doesn't seem much oil Bush /Cheney has got us does it...? :wah:

Your replies are a bit in the irrational relm, and there isn't much of a sane way of replying, I'm sorry I can't educate you on each of your points made as much as is needed in a single topic....... :-3

Best of luck...... :)
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Snidely Whiplash;887881 wrote: Profits are always included into every venture..... Not just from a world prospective, but from "you're" prospective, as well as mine when I make important decisions about the future......... Why would the decisions made by any country not include the same...?

I agree,, you have to put yourself in play,, I talk as I walk,, is what everyone should believe,, if more people did this there would be a lot less confusion on some of these issues..

sw wrote:

Where is the Iraqi oil...? Thats what I asked you if this was a "war for oil", there doesn't seem much oil Bush /Cheney has got us does it...? :wah:

Your replies are a bit in the irrational relm, and there isn't much of a sane way of replying, I'm sorry I can't educate you on each of your points made as much as is needed in a single topic....... :-3

Best of luck...... :)

Look,, this "war for oil" is probably just a piece of the puzzle that is part of an agenda not shown to the voting public,, so all I can say from this mental institution:-5 about this is,,, I believe it so...

I also think the way info comes to light in these type issues (hidden agendas),,,

is merely in its beginning stages and eventually will mature in the history books as a "war about the economic future of America",,,, in the minds of these present leaders,, who see the bleak future with all these developing countries needing more energy as they mature,, and the need for buttoning down future claims for it.

I see you as believing that is reason enough for sending our children to fight, and die... My problem lies with the unshared burdon of those that will profit... Freedom is worth fighting and dieing for,, not the financial freedom of a few,, who would never fight for it...

Thx,,,,,,,,,,,,Back at ya,,,,on the luck!

Irrational comment #1

sw wrote:

The answer is so simple a baby can see it..... But not a liberal......? Reason #88 why liberalism is a mental disorder......
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;885784 wrote: I was merely refering to your accusation of cowardice for someone to believe something might be up in the 9/11 truths about our political leaders, that haven't as yet been proven, or ever will be,, but still has the possibility of..etc etc etc...

My perspective begins with my job,,, these mega structures are built to last,, the twin towers were built with the "plane crash" scenario in mind,, being so tall,, you see,, those thoughts were involved with the equations of construction engineers....

The fact that two planes filled with fuel knocked down two skyscrapers and a nearby 10 story building is not even close to being fact,, when you stick to the numbers,,, and the numbers cannot lie...2+2=4

The fact the third building housed the FBI,,CIA as well as a bunker for the Mayor Guiliani-- is nothing short of interesting

oil,,,,pipelines in afghanistan,, Saddam; Disgruntled employee of America,,

Bush 1;Head of CIA,,,VP,,,P=friends in high/low places- Carlisle group board member along with members of Bin Ladan family.

son of Bush 1; Head of security in twin towers pre 9/11

son of Bush 1; Governor of Florida- pre 9/11 martial law-a mistake, I believe.

son of Bush 1; President,, head of American military...

All these facts are ignored in any conversation,, and every investigative questions asked now,, like building materials from such sites are bit off as understandable mistakes from the "shock and Awe"of the moment...

Sweet thing to many who could have,, might have,, had a role in becoming very rich through war(s) involving the middle east and oil rich Iraq,, nation building to gain business advantages for friends--Saudi,,England,,Isreal-all possible investors in such possibilities.

I cannot prove anything,,, but when I spot something questionable in truths about something as big as 9/11,, I tend to look for reasons why a lie would be added to any story,, personnally I don't believe our president has the capacity to have any role what-so-ever in something so diaboliquely complex as 9/11,, except to react in the appropiate way---WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

So if I follow you right, you believe that members of the executive department of our federal government, purposely and with intent, hijacked four civilian laden commercial aircraft and killed all on board; secretly laid explosives throughout the World Trade Center complex months or years in advance of a planned staged "attack"; set similar explosives at the Pentagon; and timed the hijacks and explosions to result in maximum casualties: mid morning after rush hour and before lunch; and all this so that some friends, some of whom have firm control over oil reserves in the Middle East, can gain control over oil reserves in the Middle East.

Is that about right?
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by nomad

Bullshit.

You jack ass !

Soldiers fight for the reason they have always fought when called to do so. Save your ire for the politicians that cynically use that for their own ends. If you would support your troops how about doing so by questioning why they are being asked to fight and hold those to account who used a terrorist attack as an excuse to pursue their own self interest.

Anyone who still thinks the invasion of iraq is about fighting terrorism is an idiot. The only ones benefiting are al queda, iran, the oil companies and the private security companies.

We've got your president over here at the moment standing next to our prime minister as they look for their legacy with a pair of tweezers ba'heid and his riend the numpty
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;890412 wrote: So if I follow you right, you believe that members of the executive department of our federal government, purposely and with intent, hijacked four civilian laden commercial aircraft and killed all on board; secretly laid explosives throughout the World Trade Center complex months or years in advance of a planned staged "attack"; set similar explosives at the Pentagon; and timed the hijacks and explosions to result in maximum casualties: mid morning after rush hour and before lunch; and all this so that some friends, some of whom have firm control over oil reserves in the Middle East, can gain control over oil reserves in the Middle East.

Is that about right?

No,,,, I don't believe that was their role at all... The Blowing part,, I mean,,hehe

I think it did create a situation that formed a policy that these nice upstanding(in your mind anyway) citizens/politicians could use to create riches,,, from the American taxpayers,,, for the "friends in High/low places,,, that might have thought this idea of a psych job was worth every life taken to get these wars rolling,,, its really not a new idea,, I believe this idea was mentioned for a possible war with Cuba back in the days of the Cuban missile crisis,, according to the film on the site mentioned earlier..

The General that brought the idea up was dismissed by JFK himself,,

www.Loosechange.com

Much like Oil prices being driven up to help promote a change in government policy about drilling off myrtle beach,,,,,,,,,,,Hey what the hell,, we can still surf inbetween rigs ,, can't we?:driving:

If you want to believe the politicians are merely opportunist taking full advantantage,, I'd have to agree,,, but I can't help but think some of these politicians no much more than they will ever speak of,, my opinion,,,

The fact that Bin Ladan is still free makes this very possible,, I mean if this were true and they caught him and he actually got to talk about it,,

The possibilities are endless,, maybe they've killed him,, covered it up,, but still use his name to strike fear into the hearts of all these nieve conservatives(scared Americans of means/republican evangelistic right wings) that voted these neo cons the most incompetent President in the history of America into office,,, which made it easier for them to mind shape,, the nieve ego of GWB Jr...

Now run with that,,,,,,,,runner!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;892721 wrote: No,,,, I don't believe that was their role at all... The Blowing part,, I mean,,hehe

I think it did create a situation that formed a policy that these nice upstanding(in your mind anyway) citizens/politicians could use to create riches,,, from the American taxpayers,,, for the "friends in High/low places,,, that might have thought this idea of a psych job was worth every life taken to get these wars rolling,,, its really not a new idea,, I believe this idea was mentioned for a possible war with Cuba back in the days of the Cuban missile crisis,, according to the film on the site mentioned earlier..
Stop mincing and answer the question. How long did this conspiracy take, and how many presidents were in on it?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;892740 wrote: Stop mincing and answer the question. How long did this conspiracy take, and how many presidents were in on it?

How many do you think were?

Interesting concept,, but taking it further without proof will throw to the nutso peddlers like a bone to da dog!

You Christian con artist you!

:-5:-5:yh_monkey:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_clap

GMC wrote:

Anyone who still thinks the invasion of iraq is about fighting terrorism is an idiot. The only ones benefiting are al queda, iran, the oil companies and the private security companies.

We've got your president over here at the moment standing next to our prime minister as they look for their legacy with a pair of tweezers ba'heid and his riend the numpty

AMEN<<<<<<<<<<<BRAVO<<<<<<<<<<<<SANITY MISSILES<<

I have a feeling these numbnuts who haven't figured this out yet,, will never see it ever in a million years,, GOD HELP US!
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

My fellow 5-2-7 Americans,,, and NEW WORLD ORDER voters:

WAKE UP!

You have been sold a bill of goods,, the NEW WORLD ORDER/trickle down con of the century is merely in its beginning stages, as far as the destruction of the middle class is concerned...

The republican agenda has always been geared for business, and the well off,,, which is fine,, but this new generation of republican is finding it harder to justify their priorities that have no concern for the average middle class worker just trying to make a living in this very competitive world economy...

The republican agenda is bought and paid for by corporations who are competing with companies in countries whose middle class is more in line with the American poor,, which gives these companies an unfair advantage when it comes to labor costs....

Instead of strengthening our middle class, which is the backbone of the American economy,, they have taken the low road in trying to shrink it by shipping those jobs over seas taking full advantage of the terrible labor conditions,, and still selling those same products here in America... This is the problem with the NAFTA/CAFTA trade agreements that exclude American labor purposely.

Right now 70% of the worlds riches is controlled by 30% of the population,, which leaves 30% of riches to be split by the remaining 70% of the people,, so what happens is the people who latch on the riches,,, ass kissers,, gold diggers and what not,, who aren't of the rich,, and still want to vote for these uncaring,, unfeeling money making machines the corporations are,, which the republican agenda represents,, needs in my opinion to be shipped to Iraq,, or put in mental institutions,, because they are the ones that will never see, until it effects them,, way to late,, if you ask me..

IN OTHER WORDS
Attached files
BTS

Post by BTS »

DrJ;897733 wrote: My fellow 5-2-7 Americans,,, and NEW WORLD ORDER voters:

WAKE UP!

The republican agenda has always been geared for business, and the well off,,, which is fine,, but this new generation of republican is finding it harder to justify their priorities that have no concern for the average middle class worker just trying to make a living in this very competitive world economy...

The republican agenda is bought and paid for by corporations who are competing with companies in countries whose middle class is more in line with the American poor,, which gives these companies an unfair advantage when it comes to labor costs....

Instead of strengthening our middle class, which is the backbone of the American economy,, they have taken the low road in trying to shrink it by shipping those jobs over seas taking full advantage of the terrible labor conditions,, and still selling those same products here in America... This is the problem with the NAFTA/CAFTA trade agreements that exclude American labor purposely.

HMMM

You need to research the NAFTA agreement before youpaint it as ALL republicans (tho they did a lot of the dirty work too)

Here is what Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter said when he (Clinton) signed the NAFTA side agreements:

VICE PRESIDENT GORE:

There are some issues that transcend ideology. That is,

the view is so uniform that it unites people in both parties. This

means our country can pursue a bipartisan policy with continuity over

the decades. That's how we won the Cold War. That's how we have

promoted peace and reconciliation in the Middle East. And that's how

the United States of America has promoted freer trade and bigger

markets for our products and those of other nations throughout the

world. NAFTA is such an issue.

The presence of three former presidents, two Republicans

and one Democrat, to join President Clinton here today on this stage,

is evidence of our country's ability to support what is in our

nation's best interest over the long term without respect to

partisanship.

We will, indeed, have much room for free debate during

this controversy. That it is in our nation's best interest to ratify

and pass this treaty cannot be left to doubt. The person who is

leading the fight and who has marshaled support in both parties is the

person it is my pleasure to introduce now.

The President of the

United States, Bill Clinton. (Applause.)

Today we turn to face the challenge of our own

hemisphere, our own country, our own economic fortunes. In a few

moments, I will sign three agreements that will complete our

negotiations with Mexico and Canada to create a North American Free

Trade Agreement. In the coming months I will submit this pack to

Congress for approval. It will be a hard fight, and I expect to be

there with all of you every step of the way. (Applause.)

We will make our case as hard and as well as we can.

And, though the fight will be difficult, I deeply believe we will win.

And I'd like to tell you why. First of all, because NAFTA means jobs.

American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe

that, I wouldn't support this agreement. ..............etc

..........I believe that NAFTA will create a million jobs in the

first five years of its impact. And I believe that that is many more

jobs than will be lost, as inevitably some will be as always happens

when you open up the mix to a new range of competition.

NAFTA will generate these jobs by fostering an export

boom to Mexico; by tearing down tariff walls which have been lowered

quite a bit by the present administration of President Salinas, but

are still higher than Americans.

And so there are differences. But if you strip away the

differences, it is clear that most of the people that oppose this pact

are rooted in the fears and insecurities that are legitimately

gripping the great American middle class. It is no use to deny that

these fears and insecurities exist. It is no use denying that many of

our people have lost in the battle for change. But it is a great

mistake to think that NAFTA will make it worse. Every single solitary

thing you hear people talk about that they're worried about can happen

whether this trade agreement passes or not, and most of them will be

made worse if it fails. And I can tell you it will be better if it

passes. (Applause.)

PRESIDENT CARTER:

We don't know what's going to happen in the future.

There's a lot of uncertainty about it. But nobody can doubt that this

was brought about only because our two major parties in this country

were able to put aside the differences that are narrow and self-

serving and partisan, and say for a common purpose we will cooperate.

I called Bill Clinton only three times during his administration

-- during his campaign. I was for him from the beginning. It's the

first time I ever said this publicly, but I'm proud of it.

(Laughter.) Because I've tried to stay neutral, you know, within the

Democratic Party, but Rosalynn and I were for Bill. I called him

three times. One of those time was when I feared that he might make a

public statement denouncing the North American Free Trade Agreement.

And he said, okay, I will be for it, but with provisos.....

So I'm not trying to be a foreseer of doom, but I do

believe that we ought to think not only about the benefits to be

derived from this agreement, but we ought to be deeply concerned about

the well-being of our nation that will be in danger if we fail. We

cannot afford to fail. (Applause.)
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;892754 wrote: How many do you think were?

Interesting concept,, but taking it further without proof will throw to the nutso peddlers like a bone to da dog!
I'd take it as a personal favor if you would refrain from making wild accusations of such seriousness unless you're willing to discuss them.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Scrat;897991 wrote: 9/11 provided an opportunity to for a few people to make a lot of money, and they seized the day. Now they are not willing to let go of it, ever.
Read DrJ's post again. He thinks 9/11 was orchestrated by our government, not simply exploited by profiteers. Big difference.

Return to “International Politics”