Work Related Soirees

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
koan

Work Related Soirees

Post by koan »

Just attended my first dinner party held by my employer. I haven't done such a thing since the film industry so I think I was prepared for it to be similar. Difference: I actually like these people.

It was very nice. And I didn't drink too much.

I did, however, consume too much dairy. :p The pain was worth it though.

I also had an organic chocolate bar this afternoon. The decadence may kill me
Santanico

Work Related Soirees

Post by Santanico »

Glad to hear you like the people you work with, sounds like a good time was had :D

I've not been to many work do's, the last one was held on a Monday night (stupid woman organiser :mad:) so I hardly drank at all. Alcohol and work mates raely mix, I've discovered. I've seen people & heard stories of some of the things that go on at work parties, and it's rarely pretty. I just think you're better off not getting blind and making a dick of yourself in front of people you have to see every day, especially if you're in a position of authority. It's very hard to keep people's respect if they've seen you sleazing all over a co-worker, or ralphing your guts up in the loo!

I'm sure everyone here has stories they could tell about work parties gone wrong :)

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”