Roller Skating....

WonderWendy3

Roller Skating....

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I am not sure if this is in the right forum, feel free to move if I should've put else-where....:o:)

My youngest son (yeah I know, I just had a thread about him...b-b-b-but he's the BABY) went roller skating about 3 weeks ago or so with friends from school for a birthday/sleep-over party. He was nervous about skating and was so concerned about skating...I was actually considering going with him just to be of some-type of help, but he insisted that wouldn't be necessary (or cool, :cool:of course) When he came home, all he did was rant and rave about how much fun skating was and hasn't stopped talking about it since.....

Well, this past weekend...after a LOT of bugging...I took him roller skating to give him a release of energy, and my middle son and I watched...(it was more expensive than I would like to admit....learned when the "cheap times are to go") My middle son had more fun just dancing on the side lines to the music.

I want to get back on my feet finacially for the obvious reasons of course, but I would LOVE to be able to go roller skating with the boys every weekend....they have a special on Sunday afternoons....that would be when I would go....3-6 people get in for 9 bucks...we are talkin' now!!

I used to skate as a teenager, that was our "hang-out" and fun thing to do....I used to be able to skate backwards, turn and twirl and all that fun stuff!!...NOW...HA...I'd be afraid of breaking my tail bone!

I took the kids when they were little actually and DID fall on my butt, it was bruised and I was in pain for about 6 weeks, swore I'd NEVER put on skates again....well, that was about 7 years....I think I need to jump back on the saddle again....it would be fun for me and the boys....

so, ummm....do we have any skaters in the garden??
CARLA

Roller Skating....

Post by CARLA »

Oh Yeah..!! I was a big roller skater and still am I take my Granddaughter and we get down and have a great time. I have taught her how to REX, skate backwards, and some nifty turns. It is so much fun for the whole family. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Santanico

Roller Skating....

Post by Santanico »

I used to skate all the time when I was younger, into my teen years. Been a couple of years since I've been on them, one thing I noticed was how much it hurt my ankles! I obviously don't use those muscles a great deal anymore!

Can't get the hang of blades tho.....
chrisb84uk

Roller Skating....

Post by chrisb84uk »

I've never been roller skating before. I went ice skating once and after spending so many times hurting my butt on the ice, I decided that it really wasn't for me. :wah:
Pheasy

Roller Skating....

Post by Pheasy »

I roller skate .... well roller blade. I love going, and its something my whole family does together. :-6
sunny104

Roller Skating....

Post by sunny104 »

I think I was 12 the last time I went skating! :o But I also always had my own skates and I would play outside almost every day! Now I'd be afraid of breaking something, I'm not the most graceful person in the world. :wah:

If he loves it that much maybe you can get him a pair of skates and then he can play outside whenever he wants. :-6
kazalala

Roller Skating....

Post by kazalala »

I used to go ice skating loads and got pretty good,, dunno if i could manage to stand up in em now:wah: my feet always hurt though cos i have flat feet:(

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”