'Irish Car Bomb'

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
mikeinie

'Irish Car Bomb'

Post by mikeinie »

It’s a sin!!!

I just returned from a great weekend in Barcelona, and as one would do in any world city, I spent one evening in an Irish Pub.

There I saw what I can only describe (by any true Irishman) as sinful drinking by non other than American Tourists.

A group of American ordered from the bar a drink I never heard of called ‘an Irish Car Bomb’ … (note: do not order this if in Ireland).

It is made of:

¾ pint of Guinness (no finer stout in the world)

Throw in two shots of Jameson Whiskey (no finer whiskey in the world ((although Canadian Club is right there with it)).

Then it comes with a shot of Baileys Irish Cream on the side. (finest cream liqueur in the world)

When back at the table, they throw the Baileys shot into the Guinness as well, then chug down the whole pint in one go.

Bartender says that 99% of those who drink it end up puking their guts out (thus ‘Irish Car Bomb’)

Now… Why would any self respecting person first of all drink in such a horrific way 3 of the finest drinks in the world only to throw them back up later????

Apparently many of the Irish pubs there refuse to make the drinks, but the place I was in had lower moral standards and was happy to take the cash.

:thinking::confused::-5:-3
abbey

'Irish Car Bomb'

Post by abbey »

Dunno about anyone else but it's not the contents but the name that I find abhorrent. :-2
mikeinie

'Irish Car Bomb'

Post by mikeinie »

abbey;823106 wrote: Dunno about anyone else but it's not the contents but the name that I find abhorrent. :-2

Absolutely
hoppy

'Irish Car Bomb'

Post by hoppy »

This American takes drinking very seriously. Most adult Americans I know and drink with do. I apologize for the boorish behavior of younger, college age or just plain inconsiderate or stupid American visitors to your beautiful country. You have my permission to punch 'em in the head.
qsducks

'Irish Car Bomb'

Post by qsducks »

I also found the name of the drink to be rather rude. Plus, it sounds really gross to drink. Can you imagine if you were in an American bar and asked for a drink called 911?
Chookie

'Irish Car Bomb'

Post by Chookie »

While I am not after understanding the need to muck up a perfectly good pint, I must be taking issue with your assertions here:-

mikeinie;823080 wrote: ¾ pint of Guinness (no finer stout in the world)

- other than Murphys or Gillespies. A fine pint nonetheless.

mikeinie;823080 wrote: Throw in two shots of Jameson Whiskey (no finer whiskey in the world ((although Canadian Club is right there with it)).

Not at all at all at all. The named concoctions are no more than horse liniment. Get thyself outside some Talisker or Laphroaig.

mikeinie;823080 wrote: Then it comes with a shot of Baileys Irish Cream on the side. (finest cream liqueur in the world)

Is there such a thing?
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Kathy Ellen

'Irish Car Bomb'

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I agree with you Mike:-6 Sorry that happened:confused:

I've never heard of that drink in Noo Yoisey...maybe we're more civilized in my state:wah::wah: I'm going to google it......

I think that anyone who would order a drink named "Irish car bomb" in Ireland or anywhere in the world is an absolute eejit and needs to be told why you're offended at such a name for a drink.

How could you mix those three items....by the way....jamesons is one of my favorite Irish whiskeys:-4 (did I misspell that word Chookie?)
Chookie

'Irish Car Bomb'

Post by Chookie »

Kathy Ellen;823249 wrote: ....jamesons is one of my favorite Irish whiskeys:-4 (did I misspell that word Chookie?)

No Kathy, you didn't, whisky comes from Scotland, nowhere else, whiskey is the word applied to the the stuff produced elsewhere......like Ireland (or Wales).
An ye harm none, do what ye will....

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”