This is my night

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

It's my 6th wedding Anniversary tonight and this is how i'm spending it.....got no baby sitter, so couldn't go out....no movies to watch, so here i am....that's my sad, very little story :wah:
Imladris

This is my night

Post by Imladris »

Happy Anniversary anyway, there are other ways to celebrate.....:sneaky:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
chonsigirl

This is my night

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, maybe you can go out later on in the week. :)
chocoholic

This is my night

Post by chocoholic »

Wish it could be a "real" one but a cyber rose is all I can offer - how about listening to some favourite music - would that cheer you up:)
cherandbuster

This is my night

Post by cherandbuster »

Kinks :)

The best way to celebrate your love for someone

is not in the special occasions

but in the everyday things

Wishing you happiness each and every day :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

spot

This is my night

Post by spot »

How about if we tell you a story.

Do you know the one about how the Emperor Claudius became a Gourd?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

Imladris;820956 wrote: Happy Anniversary anyway, there are other ways to celebrate.....

Yeah, done that one.....:wah:

chonsigirl;820957 wrote: Ah, maybe you can go out later on in the week.

I hope so, if he's not working :-)

chocoholic;820958 wrote:

Wish it could be a "real" one but a cyber rose is all I can offer - how about listening to some favourite music - would that cheer you up:)

Thanks, that's lovely, music thing would have been good, but he's not really into that :thinking:

cherandbuster;820959 wrote: Kinks

The best way to celebrate your love for someone

is not in the special occasions

but in the everyday things

Wishing you happiness each and every day

Thanks cher..and you're right :-)

spot;820961 wrote: How about if we tell you a story.

Do you know the one about how the Emperor Claudius became a Gourd?

Nope, not heard that one :thinking: :D
kayleneaussie

This is my night

Post by kayleneaussie »

Congratulations on 6 years and love to you both:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

kayleneaussie;820997 wrote: Congratulations on 6 years and love to you both:-4

Thanks very much hun :-4 :-4
AussiePam

This is my night

Post by AussiePam »

A very big hug, Kinks!!! :-6
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Betty Boop

This is my night

Post by Betty Boop »

Yeah, done that one.....:wah:

:rolleyes: Then do it again :wah:

No babysitter :( Why can't you both get dressed up, cook a meal together and share some wine, no telly, no computer just you two :-4
Betty Boop

This is my night

Post by Betty Boop »

oh and Happy Anniversary :wah::-4
spot

This is my night

Post by spot »

kinks;820982 wrote: Nope, not heard that one :thinking: :DOkay then, here we go, how the Emperor Claudius became a Gourd.

I have to gather it from the corners of the earth, you know, or I'll get it wrong. It's a wonderful tale though.

I begin by typing Dio into Wikipedia and saying no, not Ronnie James great though he is and much as I love Rainbow.

Not the mafia boss... we're getting there. Here he is. Cassius Dio, Roman historian (c. 160– c. 230 AD). He was writing a hundred years after the story was told. He made a comment in one of his Histories that Seneca's brother Gallio had made the most pithy comment of antiquity when he said after the Emperor Claudius was murdered that "Claudius had been raised to heaven with a hook", on the basis of which Seneca wrote a satire mocking Claudius which (Dio, a hundred years later) called the Gourdification.

Anyhow. It needs explaining if only because Dio got it backwards.

The hook first. Claudius was voted by the Senate after his death to be Claudius the God. This rather ignored what everyone in Rome knew, that Claudius had been murdered on the orders of his wife (and niece) Agrippina whose son Nero promptly became Emperor in his place (and ended up killing his mother for perfectly good reasons later on).

Here's what Dio said:Seneca himself had composed a work that he called "Pumpkinification" — a word formed on the analogy of "deification"; and his brother is credited with saying a great deal in one short sentence. Inasmuch as the public executioners were accustomed to drag the bodies of those executed in the prison to the Forum with large hooks, and from there hauled them to the river, he remarked that Claudius had been raised to heaven with a hook.What Dio ignores is that the hook was Seneca's anonymous satire which completely wrecked Claudius' reputation and made his deification by the Senate a mockery. It was Gallio's brother who hooked Claudius and dragged him to oblivion.

The Romans were good at humour. Everyone in Rome was pretending maybe Claudius had died naturally and there was Seneca (anonymously) making two things obvious. One, that Claudius had been murdered (with poisoned mushrooms), and two, that the accounts of his death could only have been claimed to be true by people who were actually involved in his death, which put his wife and his successor bang in the frame for murder. Not a safe thing to say, you'd think, but Nero was amused by the mockery so he let it pass. He even made a joke about it himself, when he was asked what the food of the Gods was and answering "mushrooms!". Not bad, that.

Gallio, the guy who made the pithy comment about the hook, actually gets a mention in the bible. One or the other ought to make him famous, you'd think.

How are we doing? Should I go on and tell Seneca's story or are you bored yet?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

Thanks AP...hugs back at ya :-6

Well BB....not sure if he'd be up to it again .....:wah:

and i'd love to get dolled up, but he would think that was silly....never mind, it's getting late here now anyway, and you lot have kept me company :-4
kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

spot;821014 wrote: Okay then, here we go, how the Emperor Claudius became a Gourd.

I have to gather it from the corners of the earth, you know, or I'll get it wrong. It's a wonderful tale though.

I begin by typing Dio into Wikipedia and saying no, not Ronnie James great though he is and much as I love Rainbow.

Not the mafia boss... we're getting there. Here he is. Cassius Dio, Roman historian (c. 160– c. 230 AD). He was writing a hundred years after the story was told. He made a comment in one of his Histories that Seneca's brother Gallio had made the most pithy comment of antiquity when he said after the Emperor Claudius was murdered that "Claudius had been raised to heaven with a hook", on the basis of which Seneca wrote a satire mocking Claudius which (Dio, a hundred years later) called the Gourdification.

Anyhow. It needs explaining if only because Dio got it backwards.

The hook first. Claudius was voted by the Senate after his death to be Claudius the God. This rather ignored what everyone in Rome knew, that Claudius had been murdered on the orders of his wife (and niece) Agrippina whose son Nero promptly became Emperor in his place (and ended up killing his mother for perfectly good reasons later on).

Here's what Dio said:Seneca himself had composed a work that he called "Pumpkinification" — a word formed on the analogy of "deification"; and his brother is credited with saying a great deal in one short sentence. Inasmuch as the public executioners were accustomed to drag the bodies of those executed in the prison to the Forum with large hooks, and from there hauled them to the river, he remarked that Claudius had been raised to heaven with a hook.What Dio ignores is that the hook was Seneca's anonymous satire which completely wrecked Claudius' reputation and made his deification by the Senate a mockery. It was Gallio's brother who hooked Claudius and dragged him to oblivion.

The Romans were good at humour. Everyone in Rome was pretending maybe Claudius had died naturally and there was Seneca (anonymously) making two things obvious. One, that Claudius had been murdered (with poisoned mushrooms), and two, that the accounts of his death could only have been claimed to be true by people who were actually involved in his death, which put his wife and his successor bang in the frame for murder. Not a safe thing to say, you'd think, but Nero was amused by the mockery so he let it pass. He even made a joke about it himself, when he was asked what the food of the Gods was and answering "mushrooms!". Not bad, that.

Gallio, the guy who made the pithy comment about the hook, actually gets a mention in the bible. One or the other ought to make him famous, you'd think.

How are we doing? Should I go on and tell Seneca's story or are you bored yet?

WOW so sorry to say, that went straight over my head...i've been recovering from a hang over today and finally got rid of my headache, but i think it has just come back, so better go for a lay down in a dark place :confused::wah:
pinkchick

This is my night

Post by pinkchick »

Happy Anniversary darlin :-4

I wish you both many, many more years of love and happiness :-6:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
spot

This is my night

Post by spot »

I'm trying to amuse you. You can have the rest of the story later in the week if you like. I hope your head clears up quickly.
kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

Thank you pinkchick, i hope so too :) :-4

Thanks for keeping me amused spot...i think it would be best to get the rest at a lter date :-6 LOL
Chezzie

This is my night

Post by Chezzie »

Hey Kinks Happy 6th Anniversary hun x

Hope you enjoyed your night out hun....Hang over tells me you did...:-4

kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

Thanks jimbo :-6:-6

Thanks chez hun :-4 yeah i had a really good night last night...just the girls :D
WonderWendy3

This is my night

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Happy Anniversary darlin!!
Nomad

This is my night

Post by Nomad »

kinks;821022 wrote: WOW so sorry to say, that went straight over my head...i've been recovering from a hang over today and finally got rid of my headache, but i think it has just come back, so better go for a lay down in a dark place :confused::wah:

The dark place me lady lies in spocks mind. Theres no escaping it apparently.

Congratulations Kinksy.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Carolly

This is my night

Post by Carolly »

xxxxxx;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
cars

This is my night

Post by cars »

Happy "6th" anniversary Kinks, wow, you're still just on your honeymoon! ;)
Cars :)
Kathy Ellen

This is my night

Post by Kathy Ellen »

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" SWEETIE:-4

Join me in some cake and a drink tonight luv.....

AussiePam

This is my night

Post by AussiePam »

Wow Kathy, can I have some too... that's if Kinks hasn't scoffed the lot, of course!! :sneaky:

Kathy Ellen

This is my night

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;821185 wrote: Wow Kathy, can I have some too... that's if Kinks hasn't scoffed the lot, of course!! :sneaky:

:wah::wah::wah:

Hello (((Pam))) How are ya tonight:-6:
AussiePam

This is my night

Post by AussiePam »

Very well indeed, Kathy!!!!! Bouncing in fact. And how are you???

kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

Thanks very much wendy hun :-4

Nomie.... you really do make me laugh.....and thanks :-6

Thank you so much carolly, a hug is always good :-4

Cars....it feels a lot longer than 6 years, honeymoon period has been and gone :wah:

KathyEllen...thanks very much....mmmmmmm....that's lovely :-4

AussiePam.... i think there is a bit of cake left....*burp* excuse me :D
BobStew

This is my night

Post by BobStew »

Happy Anniversary!

There is no feeling more comforting and consoling than knowing you are right next to the one you love.

:)
kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

Thanks BobStew :) nice to meet you by the way
qsducks

This is my night

Post by qsducks »

Happy 6yr Anniversary and maybe can you make a special meal? That's what I do since our anniversary is in the middle of 4 birthdays and July 4th.:)
G#Gill

This is my night

Post by G#Gill »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FOR YESTERDAY GEM !!! XXX

Sorry it's a bit late love :rolleyes: :-6 :)

6 th

ANNIVERSARY

XXX
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
BobStew

This is my night

Post by BobStew »

Nice to meet you too, Kinks :)
PurpleChicken

This is my night

Post by PurpleChicken »

Bit late, but Happy Anniversary.

I'm a firm believer, with any important event, that it's not the actual date that's important, it's the celebration. That doesn't mean you can forget of course, but I guess I'd advocate quality over timing.

Often I tend to do something simple on the day (phone call, lunch, etc), and prefer to spend some nice quality time when you have time to enjoy it. (only catch here is that you shouldn't it off too far!)

Hope you had a great day anyway. :-6
mikeinie

This is my night

Post by mikeinie »

Hi Kinks, I have missed you lately
kinks

This is my night

Post by kinks »

Thanks ducks :) ..... you have a busy time, around your anniversary then :-6

Thank you Gill hun :-4

Thanks PurpleChicken......i don't think we met before :)....i did have a good day thanks, it was afterwards, i thought...at least he's here with me....and that's all i needed :-6

Hiya mike, couldn't get the utube to play hun, i'll try again in the morning....missed ya too :-6
qsducks

This is my night

Post by qsducks »

Yeah, two of my kids have late June birthdays and then you get caught up in the 4th of July moment and he always forgets and thinks it's the 2nd of July when it's the 1st, so it's always crazy. But I always take the time to make a nice dinner:)
spot

This is my night

Post by spot »

kinks is still worried that I'll tell her the rest of her story.

Return to “General Chit Chat”