The Saint of Victoria

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
koan

The Saint of Victoria

Post by koan »

One of my co-workers came to work today coughing her left lung out from a flu. When a customer stared at her in the midst of a fit I said she was our local martyr. The sacrifice was being held at noon.

I'm not sure if she came because she thought she had to if it's because she needs the money. I'm pretty sure she's been there long enough for sick days.
Nomad

The Saint of Victoria

Post by Nomad »

When I call in sick the anticipation and agony of the guilt trip Ill endure is almost unbearable.

One will give a sigh then silence, so I start rambling and then it sounds phony and I feel guilty all day so I cant enjoy my sickness at home. That really pisses me off. Dont you sigh at me you bastard !

He doesnt know if Im sick or not, hes not a mind reader. If he wants to judge me Ill judge him. Ill judge him up one side and down the other !

Ill judge him into next year !

Damn him and his silence.
I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

The Saint of Victoria

Post by koan »

You'll have to get a quieter motorcycle if you want to play sick, Nomie.
koan

The Saint of Victoria

Post by koan »

Now I'm sick. I'm the fourth person to have the Saint's cold now.

I'm going in because we've all been exposed the cold already but at least I'm going to tell them I'll go home if they can do without me.

Luckily the worst of it was yesterday on my day off.
nok

The Saint of Victoria

Post by nok »

Really, people shouldn't come in to work if they're sick unless the workplace just really can't do without them or they really need the money- than that's another matter. When you're sick, your body needs rest and the last thing it needs is a lot of work coming right at it. A sick person's body needs time to recover.

I admit that many times in the past ( and probably present, too), I've gone to work even though I was sick- not so much because I needed the money but because the school didn't have a substitute for me. Working when my body is sick didn't help much, though- I threw up about two or three times on the bus on the way back home.

Hope you get well soon !
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
Kindle

The Saint of Victoria

Post by Kindle »

If you are sick, STAY HOME.

I DO NOT WANT TO CATCH YOUR ILLNESS.

Perhaps the workplace should follow daycare rules. If you are ill, send them home AND you cannot return for two days so as not to infect anyone else.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Odie

The Saint of Victoria

Post by Odie »

some employers frown upon every little cough and cold.

when we you do call in sick for a few days, its just not worth going back to a full desk of work!:-5:-5

plus then, ever notice that first day coming back, people ignore you? They just think, oh, must be nice to have time off!

and some employers don't pay you for your time off!:-5:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
minks

The Saint of Victoria

Post by minks »

tough call when you loose out on money or holiday days due to sickness like the cold and flu, or loose out on days you may need for some other something that keeps you from work (ie a sick child, a family crisis, broke down car, dr, lawyer appointments etc.)

I do see your guys points. However I just got over 3 weeks of being horribly ill with both the cold and flu, I missed 3 days total and still could not shake it. Neither the company nor I could afford to loose more work days as well I am the only one who can do my job here. Sadly I see the result of me coming in those days because now there are about 6 people sick. I feel bad but I really had no choice.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

The Saint of Victoria

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, most teachers pick up the little germs from the kids-it's part of the job. We come in and stay as long as possible, sometimes it is difficult to find enough substitutes this time of year.
along-for-the-ride

The Saint of Victoria

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:) Thanks to Nok..........another thread revival.

The office in which I work consists of three rooms. Our Personnel office in the front, the boss's office to the side (which has a door that can be closed) and the nurse's office in the back. Employees have to go through our part to get to the nurse's part. Some of them are sick. We spray Lysol, wipe with alchohol and hope for the best.

Because I am clerical, I can get sick leave pay if I am out sick, but my Hubby (who works in the Maintence Dept ...same place) cannot.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”