Thank you Southwest Airlines

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Fantastic. I've been flying all over the place on these planes. Makes me even more uncomfortable flying on commercial jets.

I like being home. :-4

----------------------------------

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A congressional investigation has found more potential safety problems at Southwest Airlines and possible lapses at other U.S. carriers are being reviewed, a senior lawmaker said on Friday.

Rep. James Oberstar, a Minnesota Democrat and chairman of the House of Representatives Transportation Committee told reporters his panel has received information from government airline safety inspectors who claim their reports about violations are routinely not acted upon by superiors at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

"So many FAA inspectors have given up reporting failures by carriers because there is a cozy relationship between the FAA management and airline management," Oberstar said. "That has to stop."

Oberstar's comments came one day after the FAA proposed a record $10.2 million fine against Southwest for failing over a period of several months in 2006 and 2007 to complete required aircraft safety inspections on 46 older 737s.

More here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080307/us_ ... est_faa_dc

Attached files
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh my, and I usually fly Southwest too...................
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bloody disgraceful. :mad:

They should have all the planes grounded until they have been passed as fit for flight.

And if there is such complacency in the senior management of the FAA.. fire them!
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

thats awful...geez not sure id feel comfortable using that airline anymore...My guess is their shares will plummet and they will be knocked out of business if they carry on like this.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

It's interesting how reality can be so different from fact.

My dad and I were just commenting on Southwest Airlines a couple of weeks ago - you know - how much we liked them and how well they were doing compared to the other airlines.

Funny, a few days later I was walking down the ramp onto the jet and as I was standing there waiting to enter, I was marveling at the "well-used and seemingly repaired" fuselage. ha!
Furry Samaritan

Post by Furry Samaritan »

I think it's time to give more funding to AmTrak!
valerie

Post by valerie »

Puts me in mind of the movie Rain Man, remember when his brother

wanted to get him on a plane and fly him somewhere? And Rain Man

knew too many statistics about airline crashes and that's why they

ended up driving!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Chris,

Have you ever watched the tv program called "Airline." You'll see how many people are angry with Southwest:wah: It's a great show.
spot

Post by spot »

Tombstone;796594 wrote: I like being home. :-4That's fine so long as you exercise and stay fit. Do you suppose the effort involved in travelling around more than compensates for the traffic safety hazards by staving off the effects of indolence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transporta ... ted_States is a point of view as far as magnitudes for cars and commercial flights are concerned.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Kathy Ellen;797387 wrote: Hi Chris,

Have you ever watched the tv program called "Airline." You'll see how many people are angry with Southwest:wah: It's a great show.

I love watching Airport (same kind of show I'm sure,) and seeing all the rumblings that go on behind the scenes with airlines I find it interesting. I've only been on a plane a few times and it has been fine everytime, but hearing your story and seeing this program makes you realise that not everyone gets things going that smoothly, and for some of them you have to feel really sorry!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Chris:-4

I love this show...think it began in the UK , and we also have a version of it...we steal show ideas from the UK:wah: Have watched some UK Arline shows but haven't seen all of them.

http://www.aetv.com/airline/
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well from my viewing experience we seem to take more ideas and shows from the US then the other way around, because most of our tv is rubbish! :wah:

The show you watch is the same in principle as ours, and usually consists of 30 minutes of people moaning about delays and arriving late and so on. Having watched a lot of them I even feel sorry for the crew working at the check-in desk because you can get some really horrid people if they don't get things their way and all they can do is sort of smile and say sorry. Like that ever works though!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

valerie;797297 wrote: Puts me in mind of the movie Rain Man, remember when his brother

ended up driving!

That's a movie I need to watch again!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Kathy Ellen;797387 wrote: Hi Chris,

No, I haven't. I will look for it.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

spot;797572 wrote: That's fine so long as you exercise and stay fit. Do you suppose the effort involved in travelling around more than compensates for the traffic safety hazards by staving off the effects of indolence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transporta ... ted_States is a point of view as far as magnitudes for cars and commercial flights are concerned.

When I'm home, I'm always active. Always a lot to do. (Physical items.) When I travel...well...that's when I slack off and eat poorly.
Furry Samaritan

valerie;797297 wrote: Puts me in mind of the movie Rain Man, remember when his brother

ended up driving!

I loved that movie, too! The balance of frustration and reluctant affection - I think it was one of Tom Cruise's finest performances; and of course, Dustin Hoffman was terrific (as usual).

If one has the time to get from point A to point B, I believe a road or train trip can provide so many more memorable experiences and more relaxation than flying could offer, even in its hey-day!

Best to all here - Have a great day or night!
Furry Samaritan

jimbo;802905 wrote: right thats it you trouble maker you are now on ignore how dare you say nice things about tom cruise :wah::wah::wah:

Oh NO!!!!! :o

I feel there are TWO Tom Cruises - the one BEFORE he went wild on Oprah (Risky Business, Rain Man, Top Gun) - the one I liked - and what we have now. Please believe me! I had no wish to offend!

Take Care!

Return to “Travel Places”